W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gustav the hypocrite:

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
As for the matrix, I am the boss so complain away. I'm surprised by your reaction though. This doesn't seem all that bad imo. Gustav is a jerk on his board and tolerable on this one.

Your offense at this almost seems weird to me. Faking timeslips and using different names on this board is much more offensive in my opinion but no posts by mods. And I don't think they were needed, but those offenses were much worse in my opinion.
Derek,

Evosport does not only cater to Mercedes onwers; they also have a huge BMW market.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by beachbod
How bout the handling between the two cars?
two different worlds
Old 12-08-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Derek,

Evosport does not only cater to Mercedes onwers; they also have a huge BMW market.
Ding ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
As for the matrix, I am the boss so complain away. I'm surprised by your reaction though. This doesn't seem all that bad imo. Gustav is a jerk on his board and tolerable on this one.

Your offense at this almost seems weird to me. Faking timeslips and using different names on this board is much more offensive in my opinion but no posts by mods. And I don't think they were needed, but those offenses were much worse in my opinion.
Derek,

My reply was not aimed at you, so I am sorry as it seems you are taking it that way.

I think it is just over the line completely to do what was done. I don't agree at all with some of the posts from both parties - Improviz and Gustav, but it is a forum, and people do and say silly, crazy, stupid things. However, to take that and try to maliciously ruin someones career is WAY over the line.

You may be the boss, but there are a lot of people here who would get in serious trouble if their boss knew how much time was spend that was company paid for time.

As to think that this reaction has anythingt to do with the fact that we also have a BMW customer base is, well, a bit insane. I cannot for the life of me even see the connection. If I was playing both sides, why woudl I have said the E55 was faster? I certainly do enjoy the comic releif from this site sometimes though!

Thanks
Brad

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-08-2005, 08:02 PM

2006 MB C230, Black on Black
BMW's = Bling Bling want to to be's

I have noticed that "almost" each and every BMW owner , past the 318i era, wants to been seen as a rich and savy person, you know the type. They buy these cars and think they are now in the "hip, slick and cool" crowd/click. They then find out that even though the BMW is a very good automobile, their status is far from the status of the Mercedes Benz. Then they have to "try" to trash the Mercedes Benz to try to justify the $35-$50K they just paid for a 3 series car that really has no clout. It is really to bad that they can not just live and let live.

Swede
Old 12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SwedeMercedes
I have noticed that "almost" each and every BMW owner , past the 318i era, wants to been seen as a rich and savy person, you know the type. They buy these cars and think they are now in the "hip, slick and cool" crowd/click. They then find out that even though the BMW is a very good automobile, their status is far from the status of the Mercedes Benz. Then they have to "try" to trash the Mercedes Benz to try to justify the $35-$50K they just paid for a 3 series car that really has no clout. It is really to bad that they can not just live and let live.

Swede

The types to which you refer are called "Guidos". LOL
Old 12-08-2005, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
<<I have a new video with the M6 vs 550 HP Ruf 911 Turbo R with 780 Nm. But I guess that is not interesting for you.

Let me guess....the race is done from a roll from 167 to 183 and the M6 wins. Gustavo when oh when are you going to let me on your board. I tried to register under E55 baller but no luck, you are blocking me biach!

Got torque?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
You are no better then him, and you are walking a fine line here. Your thread calling people to "tattle" on him, is WAY over the line.
I'm calling people to complain about his conduct with BMW supplied automobiles. It is he who chose to come here and annoy the readers of this forum. If you guys would step in and acknowledge the complaints of the numerous readers of this forum who are incensed at his behavior, this could have been solved long ago.

Funny how some people always point the finger, yet are just as out of line and then the ones they are pointing at. They never see that though.
I don't believe that I've spent any amount of time whatsoever trolling Gustav's board. Why is it that only those of us who complain about trolling around here get singled out? Why not single out the people who instigate this stuff in the first place? Is this a forum for Mercedes enthusiasts, or for any tom, richard, or harry to come along and waste our time with annoying posts attacking our depreciating assets and trying to lower their value?

I seriously recommend that you let it go. Your personal attacks are not welcomed by this forum and really should stop.
But, of course, Gustav and the others are free to use the boards to diminish our cars' value uninhindered. And Gustav's posts remain, but mine get censored.

If "we moderators" ban him, you will be banned with him, as your actions are no better then his.

Please think about that.

Thanks
Brad
So I defend Mercedes, the brand for which this forum has been established to discuss, and to you, I'm no better than a troll who's here to stir the pot, disparage the brand, censor people from this forum who try to engage in discussions at his forum, and call people in our forums names, etc?

I would really recommend you spend some time perusing Gustav's posts in this forum.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-08-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Derek,

My reply was not aimed at you, so I am sorry as it seems you are taking it that way.

I think it is just over the line completely to do what was done. I don't agree at all with some of the posts from both parties - Improviz and Gustav, but it is a forum, and people do and say silly, crazy, stupid things. However, to take that and try to maliciously ruin someones career is WAY over the line.
Gustav has claimed that he is not compensated by BMW. Unless he is lying, this has nothing to do with his career.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:23 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Derek,

It's a big f'ing conspiracy! IMHO i think MBWORLD and Gutsav are partners. I think actual mb forums members here get treated worst than bmw members that come here from other places, especially from m5board. I think the mods actually came out to this thread was to protect they friend. They think he's being picked on bad enough to even post.

I truely don't think this board doesn't protect it's members enough. making it a really difficult for some ppl to actually stay interested here. I've stopped coming here as often and haven't really posted in a long time due to this place gets raided by trolls and nonsense and the admins or mods do little or nothing to help rid of it.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by houston
It's a big f'ing conspiracy! IMHO i think MBWORLD and Gutsav are partners. I think actual mb forums members here get treated worst than bmw members that come here from other places, especially from m5board. I think the mods actually came out to this thread was to protect they friend. They think he's being picked on bad enough to even post.

I truely don't think this board doesn't protect it's members enough. making it a really difficult for some ppl to actually stay interested here. I've stopped coming here as often and haven't really posted in a long time due to this place gets raided by trolls and nonsense and the admins or mods do little or nothing to help rid of it.
I'm beginning to agree with you....I mean, I thought this place was for Mercedes enthusiasts, but if the intent here by the people who operate this forum is to make it free-for-all-for-BMW guys to take potshots at us for making different subjective opinions than they all day long, screw it...I've got better things to do.

Pretty goddamn sad when the enthusiasts are given a back seat to people whose sole purpose here is to denigrate the brand and/or **** people off.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-08-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Wow, whats going on here?? I fully expected things to just continue as they have: Trolls show up and do what they do and then get put in their place but never could I have imagined that the administration is on the side of the Trolls, on the side of Gustav. With the mountain of evidence against Gustav and his conduct here, this is pretty shocking and out of line. Is this still a Mercedes forum or did I miss something?

And as Improviz said, unless Gustav's been lying this whole time by claiming that he doesnt get test cars for 3 days at a time from BMW, his career is not at risk.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I am somewhat surprised!!! I cannot believe that one of our biggest Mercedes defenders is getting reprimanded so harshly, especially on a Mercedes forum. How can you ban a member with such a boundless enthusiasm for Mercedes?

After a quick survey of Improviz's 1465 post, you will notice a consistent pattern of in-depth and knowledgeable responses on numerous subjects. You will also see a consistent pattern of "troll outing." I applaud his actions. I, like many others, appreciate someone who is truly passionate about our wonderful cars.

I am also happy to see that moderators on this site, let members speak their mind. I hope this historical trend continues.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by Rock
I am somewhat surprised!!! I cannot believe that one of our biggest Mercedes defenders is getting reprimanded so harshly, especially on a Mercedes forum. How can you ban a member with such a boundless enthusiasm for Mercedes?

After a quick survey of Improviz's 1465 post, you will notice a consistent pattern of in-depth and knowledgeable responses on numerous subjects. You will also see a consistent pattern of "troll outing." I applaud his actions. I, like many others, appreciate someone who is truly passionate about our wonderful cars.

I am also happy to see that moderators on this site, let members speak their mind. I hope this historical trend continues.
I agree but I think Brad's beef is with Impro encouraging folks to "snitch" on Gustav.

Impro's post to me, have all been VERY informative, but I have to agree that writing, calling or whatever to BMW and "snitching" is really uncalled for. People are gonna do what they're gonna do.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
I agree but I think Brad's beef is with Impro encouraging folks to "snitch" on Gustav.

Impro's post to me, have all been VERY informative, but I have to agree that writing, calling or whatever to BMW and "snitching" is really uncalled for. People are gonna do what they're gonna do.
Thanks for the complimentary portion.

If Gustav would stop censoring people from discussing Mercedes fairly on his board, I wouldn't be so up in his face. But it really sticks in my craw that he does what he does here while preventing us from doing it on his boards.

And it really, really sticks in my craw that he's allowed to do it here while preventing us from doing it on his boards.

I really don't think that fairness is too much to ask...is it? If he shuts us down there, we shut him down here...if he doesn't, we don't...what, exactly, is wrong with that??

And this also goes beyond fairness, and right into our pocketbooks. Imagine the following scenario: you are a consumer, trying to decide which brand to buy. You go to Gustav's board, and find pretty much rah, rah, sis boom bah, cheerleading for BMW, with pretty much all dissent shut down.

You come to our board, and what do you find: well, Gustav, for starters, relentlessly plugging BMWs, along with several others who seem to do little else but troll Internet forums plugging BMWs.

Which car are you going to buy?

Think, for one moment, about what the effects of a continued, unchecked campaign such as this could have on resale values, and hence, your pocket...

So yes, it does go deeper than mere annoyance; I view this as an attack on an asset of mine, and it incenses me that it is allowed to continue, unabated, in a so-called "Mercedes enthusiasts forum", particularly when it is perpretrated by the admin of a BMW board who will not allow it on his own board.

THAT is why I did what I did. It was not done on a whim, it was done to get Gustav's attention, because I really am not one to sit idly by while someone tries to whittle away the resale value of my car.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-09-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Imagine the following scenario: you are a consumer, trying to decide which brand to buy. You go to Gustav's board, and find pretty much rah, rah, sis boom bah, cheerleading for BMW, with pretty much all dissent shut down.

You come to our board, and what do you find: well, Gustav, for starters, relentlessly plugging BMWs, along with several others who seem to do little else but troll Internet forums plugging BMWs.

Which car are you going to buy?
I would buy the car that i wanted, which would also be the car that is for me and not anyone else. I think your overestimating his influence because typically the people that really matter aren't affected by his biasism becaseu they know better.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K

Lets talk about cars
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 AM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
. . . never could I have imagined that the administration is on the side of the Trolls . . .
I just had a bad flash-back to junior high school.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I basically think it is weird, if not appalling, that an administrator from one board would spend so much time on the competition's board. Doesn't he have enough to do on his own board? Does not sound like he is taking care of business.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reggid
I would buy the car that i wanted, which would also be the car that is for me and not anyone else. I think your overestimating his influence because typically the people that really matter aren't affected by his biasism becaseu they know better.
Perhaps, but there is plenty of ample evidence to suggest that negative advertising works. And it isn't fair for us to bombarded with it while being prevented from making counterarguments on his forum.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:29 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by Improviz
I'm beginning to agree with you....I mean, ... if the intent here by the people who operate this forum is to make it free-for-all-for-BMW guys to take potshots at us for making different subjective opinions than they all day long, screw it...I've got better things to do.
Dude,
no offense, partially because your posts are something of a guilty pleasure to read (especially your responses to KrispyKreme), and partially because I'm not looking to get on the receiving end of one of your seemingly unending harangues, but your posts really evince that you apparently don't have any better things to do.

The best way to shut the "Bimmer Jingoistes" and their potshots down is to avoid rising to the bait. If someone's an obvious moron and/or saying something completely asinine that's intended solely or primarily to push the Merc fanatics' buttons, why give them the satisfaction? They really don't matter that much in the scheme of your individual and community life, do they?

And as for whether they "diminish the value of our cars", I enjoy hyperbole as much as anyone, but for that assertion to have any basis in reality, normal people would actually have to care about and take seriously what trolls say. Now, why would anyone possibly want to do that?!!!

v

edit: you have a point with your post 95, but it's tough to say how influential these trolls are; methinks not much, because the discriminating consumer of performance cars has the dough and the intellect to buy what they want and conduct deep enough research prior to purchase. i generally find the information-based threads to be pretty easily distinguishable from the trolling/flamer threads (probably in no small part due to your diligence, which i applaud wholeheartedly). reasonable minds can differ in their opinions, though!

Last edited by vixapphire; 12-10-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:31 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
unless Gustav's been lying this whole time by claiming that he doesnt get test cars for 3 days at a time from BMW, his career is not at risk.
Maybe his bimmer's a total lemon, so he has had many 3-day loaners while it's in for repairs!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by vixapphire
Dude,
no offense, partially because your posts are something of a guilty pleasure to read (especially your responses to KrispyKreme), and partially because I'm not looking to get on the receiving end of one of your seemingly unending harangues, but your posts really evince that you apparently don't have any better things to do.

And as for whether they "diminish the value of our cars", I enjoy hyperbole as much as anyone, but for that assertion to have any basis in reality, normal people would actually have to care about and take seriously what trolls say. Now, why would anyone possibly want to do that?!!!

v
OH Boy! Prepare to receive!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:41 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
OH Boy! Prepare to receive!!!
should i open my arms or bend over?

hey, i've been meaning to ask you: are the two c class cars in your signature lowered or something? they look incredible.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Dude,
no offense, partially because your posts are something of a guilty pleasure to read (especially your responses to KrispyKreme),
Lol, thanks...

and partially because I'm not looking to get on the receiving end of one of your seemingly unending harangues, but your posts really evince that you apparently don't have any better things to do.
Oh, I do...with few exceptions, I can bang these posts out in about as much time as it takes me to type them, although I do put more time into some of them...but I type fast and read faster, so this isn't as time consuming as it might seem.

The best way to shut the "Bimmer Jingoistes" and their potshots down is to avoid rising to the bait. If someone's an obvious moron and/or saying something completely asinine that's intended solely or primarily to push the Merc fanatics' buttons, why give them the satisfaction? They really don't matter that much in the scheme of your individual and community life, do they?
I think there's more to it than that, as I've said before....sure, some of these guys are obvious trolls, but some of them devote way too much time and effort to this solely for that purpose, imo...I believe that there's an effort, for whatever reason, to basically portray BMWs as the greatest thing on the planet, and their competitors in a negative light. It is too endemic and systemic for me to believe that this is simply the work of a few guys out to annoy people....I certainly don't see this sort of effort being made on the forums which are *not* competitors to BMW.

v
Well, if you notice, the guys who are doing this are pretty careful not to come off as obvious haters, but rather try to portray themselves as good ol' fashioned enthusiasts, and golly, they're just here, in a Mercedes forum, to discuss these cars...of course their "discussions", purely by coincidence I'm sure, consist of portraying BMWs as the greatest cars known to man, pointing out their perceived inadequecies in Mercedes products, yadda yadda ya....

Particularly when so much of this seems to be coming as it does in recent months from Gustav and his buddies...and I am honestly concerned about the value. Negative advertising works; just ask John Kerry. And I do believe that the negativity here, coupled with the lack of it (via censorship) on Gustav's boards, coupled with the handy-dandy videos of these juiced cars, can cumulatively have an effect if left unchecked.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-10-2005 at 04:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gustav the hypocrite: