W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

If you dont want to get raped for hp,look inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2005 | 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by vrus

The other thing to consider is that the IAT sensor is located on the Y-pipe OUTLET.. If I put the water BEFORE the IAT sensor the ECU will see the lower value and might provide some better ignition advance.
Strange youre running in circles here.You said earlier that messing with timing would be a no-no and now your kit design depends on the extra timing.MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And its better to compress pre SC as Julio has proven.Just like hes proven that straight meth makes more power and is safe(never read of anyones car burning because of alky inj)Even with a 50/50 mix,if it were to leak on the headers the water would evap instantly while the meth would still burn so your argument "its unsafe" is unproven and really is talking out of your ***(again,your experience or people you know whos cars have burned to the ground from alky inj)

BTW,the teflon lining on the SC rotors are not for sealing but are in fact there for noise redection.Doesnt matter if theyre gone or not as the SC 3800 and 03-04 Cobra guys have proven.

Again,everything im saying has been proven,youre just making a guess.PLEASE STOP SPREADING DISINFORMATION!!

Last edited by broke1; 11-13-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2005 | 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Hey Broke 1, what's with the hostility?
Old 11-13-2005 | 05:58 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by broke1
Strange youre running in circles here.You said earlier that messing with timing would be a no-no and now your kit design depends on the extra timing.MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all you need to calm down. Don't be barking at me like I'm some little kid who doesn't know what I'm talking about. You don't know me from Adam so maybe you should stop and think before you open your mouth again. Everything I've said is accurate.

Go and read my post again. Where did I say my kit DEPENDS on timing????????? The E55 ECU PULLS TIMING AS IAT INCREASES in order to reduce the possibility of detonation. What I was saying was that by supplying water into the mixture BEFORE the IAT sensor, and alowing the ECU to see the cooler IAT it would allow the ECU to provide the best ignition advance.

And its better to compress pre SC as Julio has proven.Just like hes proven that straight meth makes more power and is safe(never read of anyones car burning because of alky inj)
I already agreed that 100% meth will make more power. I KNOW THAT. I said it wasn't worth the risk.

Spraying pre-supercharger provides a bit of a boost increase but the reduction in IAT is quickly countered when the supercharger goes through the compression stroke and heats up the air again. The BEST would be to have 1 nozzle spraying PRE and another nozzle spraying POST supercharger but BEFORE IAT sensor. This way you get the optimal IAT reading just before the mixture enters the combustion chamber.

Even with a 50/50 mix,if it were to leak on the headers the water would evap instantly while the meth would still burn so your argument "its unsafe" is unproven and really is talking out of your ***(again,your experience or people you know whos cars have burned to the ground from alky inj)
Who's talking out of their a$$?

Yeah.. Everything I am saying is unproven.. Sure.. Chemistry and Physics just don't apply here in this case right?

Methanol has a flash point of 11C!!!!

As a start go read this, the do some more research on the net:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

READ THE LAST SENTENCE FROM THIS WEBSITE. Here let me post it for you: "Pure methanol has been used in open wheel racing since the mid-1960's. Unlike petroleum fires, methanol fires can be extinguished with PLAIN WATER (while methanol is lighter than water, they are miscible, and the addition of water will cause the fire to use its heat boiling the water). The decision was made shortly after the death of two drivers."

BTW,the teflon lining on the SC rotors are not for sealing but are in fact there for noise redection.Doesnt matter if theyre gone or not as the SC 3800 and 03-04 Cobra guys have proven.
Did I say the teflon coating was for sealing?? You are putting words in my mouth again. All I said was that I didnt want to risk any POSSIBLE long-term effects on the supercharger. I dont know what the long term effects are, and until I am 100% sure it is safe I won't do it.

Again,everything im saying has been proven,youre just making a guess.PLEASE STOP SPREADING DISINFORMATION!!
You are really showing your character with these remarks. What exactly did I say that was inaccurate???

METHANOL IS HIGHLY CORROSIVE AND FLAMMABLE!! READ THE BLOODY LABEL IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME.

Have you ever watched an Indy race? You know they run 100% pure methanol right? What happens when those guys that operate the fuel rigs accidentally spill some of the methanol onto the hot engine panels???? INSTANT FIRE.

Mixing Methanol with water in a 50/50 mixture makes it safer to handle and gives you the benefit of both.

If you want to debate this futher, fine.. I am more than happy to discuss. If you are going to rant and rave, go elsewhere because I am not interested.

Last edited by vrus; 11-13-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2005 | 06:00 PM

E550
Broke 1 needs to get rid of the chip on his shoulder he has. He just shows up and now were all supposed to listen to him like hes preaching from a bible. This is a site for MB enthusiast, not haters which you appear to be by claiming that we "waste" our hard earned money on mods.
Old 11-13-2005 | 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=broke1]
Originally Posted by VelocitE55

Air compressor driven off the crank,both the same thing.

I can see that you guys really arent into getting your $$$'s worth so ill leave ya alone.

When the e55 with Alabama plates is running faster than you at the track with much less $$$ invested,youll know why.
Throwing meth injection on a car that isn't tuned for it is a waste of time and money. It will run a little cooler but the gains are minimal. Show me a dyno sheet and prove me wrong. And yes, I have run these systems on several cars.
Old 11-13-2005 | 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
[QUOTE=broke1]
Originally Posted by VelocitE55

Air compressor driven off the crank,both the same thing.

I can see that you guys really arent into getting your $$$'s worth so ill leave ya alone.

When the e55 with Alabama plates is running faster than you at the track with much less $$$ invested,youll know why.

Can you read?? A Twin Screw S/C compresses air, a Roots S/C just delivers air. Yes both are belt driven but one is not the same as the other.