Sponsored by:

My car door flew open!!!...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Z06
My car door flew open!!!...

Okay, keep in mind I have keyless-go, so I have that little button on the inside of my handle that pops my door open when you press it. So, I was on my way to class this morning and as I was rounding a curve, I hear that sound of when the door pops open when you press the button and the message door open pops up on my Information center. I then notice my door FLYS open. I freaked out because they're was an on-coming car, so I pulled over so I could shut it and it wouldn't close. Finally!, it closed and everything went back to normal! Talk about WEIRD!

Matthew Haynes

Last edited by MHaynes772; 11-14-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Holy crap..this car is like getting more and more scary.....so now when I take the kids to the mall there is a chance.

1) Brakes will fail
2) Doors will fly open
3) Car will stall at a moments notice

Am I missing anything. I am convinced the is E55 automotive heroin....I keep saying I am gonna sell it, and there I am again knocking at Cory from Klemmann's door at 3am....."Come on mannnn, just one more mod...this is LAST time..I promise". Race gas tracks on my arms....
Old 11-14-2005, 03:10 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
so now when I take the kids to the mall there is a chance.

1) Brakes will fail
2) Doors will fly open
3) Car will stall at a moments notice

Am I missing anything.
4) carbon fiber hood will come off in a front end collision and chop your head off!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
5) Car turning itself off
Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Keyless-GO was the only option I insisted the car DIDN'T HAVE when I was looking for the E55 (pano roof was a close second).

Everytime I hear the word Keyless-GO it's always next to something scary that happens (car stalls, door flies open.. geez...).

If this car had WIRED braking system I would be overjoyed. That's the only thing that terrifies me about my car. I drive fast ALOT and the brake-by-wire scares me (when I remember to worry about it).

Sorry to hear this happened but I am glad you didn't get hurt.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Don't forget, shutting off is not limited to cars with keyless Go. jack, that was really funny
Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
5) Car turning itself off
6) Car goes very very fast.

7) Makes the new M5 look even uglier than it already is.

Oh wait -- those are good problems to have.

~ Ian
Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by IanSL55
6) Car goes very very fast.

7) Makes the new M5 look even uglier than it already is.

Oh wait -- those are good problems to have.

~ Ian
Old 11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Wow, you're lucky your door didn't fly open and hit a light pole or something and shut back up. lol

But seriously, have Mercedes look at it?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
Okay, keep in mind I have keyless-go, so I have that little button on the inside of my handle that pops my door open when you press it. So, I was on my way to class this morning and as I was rounding a curve, I hear that sound of when the door pops open when you press the button and the message door open pops up on my Information center. I then notice my door FLYS open. I freaked out because they're was an on-coming car, so I pulled over so I could shut it and it wouldn't close. Finally!, it closed and everything went back to normal! Talk about WEIRD!

Matthew Haynes
hey matthew, u better get rid of that E55 of urs b/c it sounds like it's cursed. LOL i think more than half of ur post are problems w/ ur car. HAHAHA
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 PM

2008 Z06
Well, I finally figured it out, why she keeps breaking. A couple of weeks ago, my local BMW dealer got a new Black M5 in and I wanted to go see it in person. Well, I took her with me, and I think she overheard me say that it looked sexy, and she's been mad at me. So, I went to the garage and appologized and gave her a nice car wash and got her all prettied up. I think she accepted...
Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
Well, I finally figured it out, why she keeps breaking. A couple of weeks ago, my local BMW dealer got a new Black M5 in and I wanted to go see it in person. Well, I took her with me, and I think she overheard me say that it looked sexy, and she's been mad at me. So, I went to the garage and appologized and gave her a nice car wash and got her all prettied up. I think she accepted...
HAHAHA, i hope it worked b/c next time maybe she'll make the steering wheel fall out while ur driving on the highway LOL
Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
That's weird like heck man, never had that problem happen in a lot of different cars with Keyless Go.

But then again, no Mercedes is the same...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 PM

E55
Well I had an even weirder experience about 2 weeks ago. I was going through a drive thru at Wendy's and when I left the window and approached the driveway to the road a guy was walking across the sidewalk so I stood on the break and stopped the car for him to walk across. And like half a second later the car just revs itself and I feel it start to try and break loose from the brakes so I just push harder on the brakes and it stopped revving and didn't go anywhere. Scared the hell out of me as I thought I was going to run this guy over. He must have thought I was a nutter or something...

Anyone had this problem??
Old 01-30-2009, 03:10 PM

2013 S550, CLS500, ‘03 SL500, “92 190E Sportline
Today I got in my car and the door open indicator came on. So I reached back and closed the rear door. Then it came on again, and I could hear the rear door open, so I closed it again. The light kept coming on. I parked, went inside the bank, and when I restarted the car it didnt happen. What could cause this? I don't want my door opening while driving down the highway lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by mrankovic
Well I had an even weirder experience about 2 weeks ago. I was going through a drive thru at Wendy's and when I left the window and approached the driveway to the road a guy was walking across the sidewalk so I stood on the break and stopped the car for him to walk across. And like half a second later the car just revs itself and I feel it start to try and break loose from the brakes so I just push harder on the brakes and it stopped revving and didn't go anywhere. Scared the hell out of me as I thought I was going to run this guy over. He must have thought I was a nutter or something...

Which one, the eating at Wendy's problem or mistaking the brake for the gas pedal one ?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by mrankovic

You didn't name your car "Christine" did you

Exerpt from the movie:She'll possess you. Then destroy you. She's death on wheels...
Plot:
A nerdish boy buys a strange car with a evil mind of its own and his nature starts to change to reflect it...Sounds eerily similar to the average E55k owner..lol Just kidding, I kid, I kid...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-30-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by aolsen
Today I got in my car and the door open indicator came on. So I reached back and closed the rear door. Then it came on again, and I could hear the rear door open, so I closed it again. The light kept coming on. I parked, went inside the bank, and when I restarted the car it didnt happen. What could cause this? I don't want my door opening while driving down the highway lol.
Or after you've parked at the mall and gone shopping with the lady for some time lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Lots of old threads re-surfacing these days..... this is definitely a wierd one.... doors opening while driving