Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenK

When I was reading your post, I was thinking this has to be a joke, but the punch line never came.
I though the same thing while reading the post.

Take care and recover. I think the nightmares will be worse than the physical injuries. What terrible luck.

The car issue will sort itself out. I sat in a CLS55 yesterday at the car show and it is very sweet. Get another one, soon!
Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Unreal!Man the nutjobs come out when the Holidays roll around.I am glad you are o.k..Rest up , grab a lawyer ,enjoy the rest of the holiday season ( if you can ) and go out and do some Benz shopping !
Old 11-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I too read the post in amazement.. I was looking for the punchline in what I thought was a joke of some kind...

I can't believe stuff like this happens in the world today.

As everyone else stated, Thank God you are ok. Your car can be replaced.

Hopefully the piece of **** will get locked away for the rest of his life and he will play the role of the "woman" with his cellmate.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:41 AM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
sue your own insurance company

Sorry for your grief man.

Most likely the non caring loser has nothing in the form of assets to go after, so you will be looking at your own insurance carrier to try and be made whole.
If you get jacked around by your carrier hire an attorney to go after your own carrier.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear that. Thank God you are okay. Hope you feel better soon and you get your new car ASAP. Take care.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
HOLY ****!

I hope you get feeling better. Don't worry about you car. Crazy crack heads.... Lawyer will tell you nothing from nothin =$0 I don't think the insurance will want you to keep it with what the damage sounds like.

Stay inside on X-mas.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:26 AM

04' E55
Hi VelocitE55,

I just wanted to say that I am very happy that you survived without any sort of PERMANENT damage to your body. This situation could have turned out a whole lot worse. I think we should all take a momment to be thankful we are alive, as life is very fragile, especially with crazy *******s like this Miata guy walkine streets.

One of my colleauges is an Attorney in the Orange County area; I will speak to him and find out what he recommends.

Just remember, it is GREAT to be ALIVE!!

Allen
Old 11-26-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Wow, crazy story. I'm glad to hear that it ended up ok.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:06 PM

CLK320
Glad ur arite. A car can be replaced, people cant. Take this motherf*cker for every penny him and his family are worth and then put him behind bars.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:30 PM

06 SLK55
Wow! Like StephenK said i was waiting forr the punchline...it never came...and then i saw you are in the Valley...some crazy ****'s in LA(i had some dude about 2y back chasing me down in his big fing truck trying to rear end me...i was blowing stoplights to get away from him)!

All that matters is that you are ok and will heal up inn no time and be back in an shiny new AMG soon!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:59 PM

Lamborghini Gallardo, Turbo, SLK 55, E350 4Matic, Xterra
jesus! glad to hear your semi ok. as for the deminished value of the car then you might be screwed since no lawyer that i have talked to wanted to go after the diminished value of the car in my accident.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:28 PM

I told you not for screw around with that guys wife...

J/K

That guy has had to be on drugs. It's just an incredible story. I hope you heal up soon. Cars are replaceable while lives or even limbs are not.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Holy ****!!! Glad you're ok man! This is unbelievable!!!!!!!!! I hope they get him for attempted murder as well!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Sorry to hear about your ordeal...I'm glad you got outta there with your life. I wish you luck with the insurance and getting this guy off the street.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Falco
Wow! Like StephenK said i was waiting forr the punchline...it never came...and then i saw you are in the Valley...some crazy ****'s in LA(i had some dude about 2y back chasing me down in his big fing truck trying to rear end me...i was blowing stoplights to get away from him)!

All that matters is that you are ok and will heal up inn no time and be back in an shiny new AMG soon!!!
Same thing happened to me like two months ago! Right on the 101 after the 405. I had to run from his *** for like 2 miles and got to an exit and he pulled up behind me, got out of the car and approached my window. Luckily there was a cop at the opposite intersection and he shined his floodlight on the guy so he left. There are some crazy-*** people out there.

Velocite - Glad to hear that you are ok. Life is obviously more precious than a car. I know this is #2 as far as traumatic incidents go, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Check your PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Thanks, I cant tell you guys how much you have helped! The guy's name is Brandon Canetty, a 31 year old white guy. You wouldnt think it to look at the guy but I guess he is severly F'ed in the head. Then again, it seems to be the guys that look the most harmless that are the most dangerous! I havent heard anything else yet like what he was on, it must have been something though, that guys mission was to kill my car and me if possible. If he'd had I gun, I know he wouldnt have hesitated for a second. I wish I could have shot HIM! I wanted to ram him back so bad but I was pretty stunned and cared too much about the car to hurt it more, plus my case wouldnt be as good if I had attacked him back. It just sucks, everything hurts, I keep running into things like doorways, I guess from the concussion and the meds. I'd be screwed without spellcheck for my replies! I get all emotional if I think about the car, I dont even want to see it! Too much attachment to it I guess. I will get things rolling on Monday and I will keep you all updated as I get new information. Thanks again to you all!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:51 PM

2006 C230 SS
glad that you are ok man... its gay how stupid people these days are... was he drunk!?!?

Originally Posted by Cosm
Here in FL according to the new laws I would have taken my Glock out of the glove compartment and let him have it as soon as I saw him trying to ram my door. Crazy story but glad your safe and ALIVE !!
i live in fl... what law is that!??!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
VelocitE,
really sorry to hear about your incedent man. That is probably the most extreme story of this nature that i've ever heard. I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else that you are more important than your car, but i understand how attached we can all get to these things, so i definitely understand how torn up you must feel right now about the CLS. Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but maybe its good that with the damage to your CLS you can see now how cars come and go, but that you have one time around the block. I think cars are more fun when they're kept in perspective as a hobby or even a serious hobby or profession. Look at people who took their automotive passion to extremes, like Enzo Ferrari, few people have done more for or with performance automobiles than he did, but by the end of his life he was absolutely miserable.
As for the nutcase who came after you, i'd get with a good lawyer and give him a 2 for 1 deal going after the nutcase and your insurance company, he stands to make more money that way if he has expertise in both areas. And if he's white and harmless looking as you say he is, i think the only thing he has to look forward to where he's going is Go after him with everything you got, and definitely get a lawyer to go after the decreased value of your CLS, even if it isnt enough to make up the difference in it being totaled or not, it will save you money on the trade in.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Have you thought about getting the new E?
Attached Thumbnails Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed-watchout.jpg  
Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Sorry to hear about your loss. Happy as hell to hear you are OK! Remeber,NEVER love something that can't love you back. Get a new one and up the game!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Jordan, please lay off with the jokes man, I dont find it very funny. And thats a Honda S2000, not a Miata.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Yeah lay off Jordan! that was a pretty tasteless uneeded JAB!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:07 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Wow, sorry to hear about that... Good luck. I don't have any constructive ideas to offer you - just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that guy gets put away for a long time. and whoever you are jordan - what are you saying putting something like that picture up?! completely tasteless.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Same thing happened to me like two months ago! Right on the 101 after the 405. I had to run from his *** for like 2 miles and got to an exit and he pulled up behind me, got out of the car and approached my window. Luckily there was a cop at the opposite intersection and he shined his floodlight on the guy so he left. There are some crazy-*** people out there.

Velocite - Glad to hear that you are ok. Life is obviously more precious than a car. I know this is #2 as far as traumatic incidents go, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Check your PM.
These people probably played too much Grand Theft Auto......
Old 11-26-2005, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Thanks, I cant tell you guys how much you have helped! The guy's name is Brandon Canetty, a 31 year old white guy. You wouldnt think it to look at the guy but I guess he is severly F'ed in the head. Then again, it seems to be the guys that look the most harmless that are the most dangerous! I havent heard anything else yet like what he was on, it must have been something though, that guys mission was to kill my car and me if possible. If he'd had I gun, I know he wouldnt have hesitated for a second. I wish I could have shot HIM! I wanted to ram him back so bad but I was pretty stunned and cared too much about the car to hurt it more, plus my case wouldnt be as good if I had attacked him back. It just sucks, everything hurts, I keep running into things like doorways, I guess from the concussion and the meds. I'd be screwed without spellcheck for my replies! I get all emotional if I think about the car, I dont even want to see it! Too much attachment to it I guess. I will get things rolling on Monday and I will keep you all updated as I get new information. Thanks again to you all!
Cars can be replaced, but your health can't. Take some good rest, stay home and take it easy.

Did your doc take some CT of your head? Make sure that they look for contrecoup injuries too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed