Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed

How's this for Thanksgiving?? I am driving in the number 2 lane at about 8:30pm last night. All the sudden, a Black 2006 Miata races up to the left of my car and swerved right into me causing me to spin 180 degress and end up on the other side of the road. Then, he proceeds with a U-turn and intentionally plows into my rear end. Next, he reverses and drives around in a circle so that he is pointed right at my drivers door and starts revving his engine. I took off my seatbelt and opened the door in an effort to get the F out of the car and he launches the car at me. I rip my leg in and slam the door just in time for him to slam into me a third time! The whole time the the guy just has this insane angry expression on his face. I then get out and I start trying to run after his car(which is really damaged by this time but is still somewhat drivable) and he takes off in reverse for a block and a half before losing it and spinning over 180 degress and into oncoming traffic. Somehow, he didnt hit anyone else and he took off with his right front wheel dragging. An Armada pulls up next to me in the middle of the road and asks if I was ok and I said please just follow that guy, please dont let him get away! The Armada took off and chased the guy who crashed into a pole a mile and half from where I was. An off duty Fireman picked me up and took me there and I got out to see where the guy was. It turned out he ran into Jerry's Deli and tried to assault someone in there and everyone in there tackled him and held him down till the police could get there. They got him thank god! I was taken away in an abulance and have a neck, back and ankle sprain as well as a likely concussion. He F'ed me up and trashed my ride for no reason at all. I have like 20 witnesses.

It turns out, the guy had carjacked the '06 Miata earlier, hit some motorcyclists, injuring them and fled the scene, and then chose me to attack. He's in custody and he's getting an ADW (assault with a deadly weapon) charge from me among others. I am in a lot of pain and I thought maybe some of you might have some serioulsy good and mean lawyers that you could recommend. My CLS is missing its left rear corner, was hit on the drivers side fender and door and was hit on the passengers side fender and door. I dont want to keep it. They likely wont total it of course so again I am utterly screwed as I was with the E55 accident.

Last Nov 13th, my '05 E55 was rear ended hard and frame damaged by a guy who was racing and I was injured similairly in that wreck. I ordered this car to replace the E55 and lost a lot on the trade in because of diminished value. Now this car is trashed and all the old injuries plus some more have returned. I still never fully recovered from the last accident and now this.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could just own an AMG in peace.

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-25-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
WTF ??!! !@#$@~ i'm speechless..... sending good vibes your way though
Old 11-25-2005, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Man, that's incredible. Sound like, no exageration, you're lucky to be alive. Glad they caught the guy. Was he on drugs or something? Good luck with finding a tough lawyer, but a psycho like that probably has nothing to take.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
holy crap dude!!, I am glad your ok. That guy must of been on PCP, cause thats insane. Im so glad they caught that ******* too, they should bring him up on murder charges for your benz cause that aint right. Rest up this weekend if you can and i hope you feel better. Did they find out what made him blow up like that?
Old 11-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
I can't process any of this... I guess the question is: WHY?
Keep us posted with proceedings and the outcome of the case please.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Lots of crazy ,sick Pittbulls like that around.
Could've been worse if that animal had a gun.Deserves nothing less then any other sick,crazy Pittbull out there,a bullet in the head.
And I really don't care if he had a "traumatic" childhood or some other stupid excuse.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Dude, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were real lucky to be alive, a couple seconds delay he could have smashed into you. Bottom line is you're ok. Don't say anything stupid to the insurance company about your injury like you're ok. Tell them you're not sure yet and get a complete physical. This person probably meets the grand slam in one incident and will be put away for life.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

You don't get into situations like that every day! I'm so sorry to hear of the car but in the end all that matters is your life. Good to see you're still here.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Cars can be replaced. Thank God you are still alive. The world is full of crazy people and this incident just opens our eyes to it. I hope you feel better soon and get a new SL65!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Glad that you weren't hurt that badly or worse...killed. Keep us posted and rest up. Hope the guy's azz gets reamed while on lock down.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Justin, that would have been the perfect nutty story if he would have been hunting you down in an E60 M5. JK

Thank God someone (like you) did not get killed!!! Sorry to hear your misfortune. I hope it all works out.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Glad you are ok man cars are def replaceable. I tell you there are some crazy *** ****'s in So Cal, I have been chased down a couple times myself on the freeway-It has left me shaken and definitely 30X more aware of my surroundings.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
Un-flippin-believable.

Sadly on Thanksgiving day you have to be greatful you weren't killed!!

Get well soon
Old 11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Glad you ok, hope the judge will give him a good sentence.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:38 PM

RENNTech G55 / Bentley GT / Range Rover / Lambo Superleggera
Wow!!! Thats absoluley horrible.... I am sorry to hear about that & I wish you and your car a speedy recovery!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Crap....

...glad to hear you're OK, dude...sounds like this guy was literally out of his mind, and it could have been much worse!!

Well, I hope they lock the crazy SOB up for a long, long time....friggin' lunatic.

Anyway, good to hear you're all in one piece after a run in with a nut job like that!! Hang in there....
Old 11-25-2005, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
JEEZE! What a story!! Good thing is that you're ok.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM

SL 500
whoa!!!

Simply unreal!!

First off, I am glad you are okay. Secondly, the car is replacable. I hope you find the best accident lawyer in your area go hard after that insane guy who did this to you.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
I know exactly how that pain feels. I had some pretty painful crashes myself. People just driving without looking.

As for recovery, dont force it, keep those blasted braces away from your body as they weaken your muscles and make the pain last longer and harder.

Start with some floating in water (with under support) and then gradually build it up to a very slow form of water exercise. The goal here is to maintain the movement and not any real building. Once you start to feel more mobility the pain will decrease rapidly and then you can focus on increasing muscle strength.

Since the other driver was a dead beat there is no point in holding out for a settlement.

I would change insurance companies too .... we have a 30 x 30 x 3 rule in Australia. If the car is damaged in 3 places in an area greater than 30x30cm the car is basically written off. Bent structural members should never be fixed without replacement. So you are getting shafted by your insurance right there.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day. I experimented with various forms of recovery for 7 years and I found that strangely enough the less drugs I took the better and to keep my fluid intake high with rest.

The first few months are the worst after a repeat injury. Dont expect fast improvement or feel that you are very strong. I dont lift anything heavy even though I know I can because the pain flares up about 3 days later.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Wow ... I'm so sorry for your personal, physical and emotional loss.

...with that said, I'm stay'n the f*ck outta Encino [!] (or wherever you were) if I'm ever on the west coast...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
My doctor came in the office today to see me (was his day off). I was diagnosed with a concussion, neck sprain and back sprain along with a cut near my ankle. Feel pretty sick, have a major headache and my neck still hurts even with the meds. The CLS is so trashed, I dont understand why this guy did what he did, he just was out to hurt people and he succeeded. I am glad to be alive (even happier that I didnt get run over, which the witnesses all said he tried to do although I dont remember, or have had my leg out when he hit me the last time) but I still wish I could have taken a beating and not the car. I know it sounds stupid(it probably is) but I am so attached to that car, its probably unhealthy! Amazing the kind of things that can just happen to you out of the blue. I hope he is made someones b!tch in prison.

I refuse to keep a wrecked car, especially one this wrecked, so I guess the question is what to get now. Another CLS55 or a CLS63? I dont know. What I do know is that I wont be happy until there is a new AMG sitting in my garage, no matter what it takes.

Thanks to all of you for your support, only you guys can understand how bad this sucks. I will keep everyone updated as I can. I wont be able to do much for a couple weeks.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:33 PM

2005 E55
Ask the Judge at sentencing if he will impose an "afghanisniper death" and let you pull the trigger!!
See http://www.filecabi.net/video/afghanisnipers.html
Old 11-25-2005, 07:39 PM

05' E55
Here in FL according to the new laws I would have taken my Glock out of the glove compartment and let him have it as soon as I saw him trying to ram my door. Crazy story but glad your safe and ALIVE !!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
VelocitE55, Sorry about your vehicular news...I'm happy that YOU are okay and that this loser was caught. We here on the forum are pullin' for ya, and remember the car's replaceable, you're not.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:50 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
WOW! that is a story from a block buster movie. You are lucky to be alive, from such a crazy event. You seem like a very good guy, you have always had positive replays to our post. Stay strong and I'm sure you will land up with an even better MB.
Keep us updated.
Mario

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed