Sponsored by:

Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
I really dont know what is going to happen yet. It would be the insurance company of the Miata and not the actual Miata owner. Nothing is set yet, not by a long shot. I have a lot of things to look into in terms of how to proceed with this case as its very complicated in terms of circumstances. I will keep you all in the loop as much as possible. This week will be a week of meeting with Lawyers. I dont care what it takes, I just want to get the guy back, get a new car and get as close as possible to my pre-attack condition. Somebody has to be liable, what kind of world would this be if I had to just sit down and deal with it. Read the first post in this thread, then substitute yourself in for me. Would you not do everything you could to be put back to normal?? I know I would, and I will.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As well you should. Best of luck and I'm sure it will all work out. Stay strong.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Glad you are OK dude.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.....do you have any pics of the damage to your CLS? Just wondering how the beast held up to the attack.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
damn, this is ****ing crazy! glad that your ok. the best of luck on everything!

was this on Ventura BTW? damn, that is NUTS!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
A little update for you all. I have a Bail Bondsman friend that pulled up some info on this A-hole. He was arrested on the 18th for DV (Domestic Violence) and was released on the 21st. We're still looking into his earlier history.
Take a look at the LA county online booking information here: http://app1.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

You can see exaclty what you are saying: on 11/18@920am he was arrested-50k bail, released 11/21@141pm. Then arrested again 11/24@800pm and bail is 100K.

As you can see he is still being held at the Van Nuys LAPD Jail... :v

Last edited by Falco; 11-28-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:15 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

That is the kinda of crazy stories you hear on the news. I am glad you survive this ordeal, the car is replaceable. Hope they put this guy away for your peace of mind but also for the safetly of the public as a whole.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
I will try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow, the files are too large to upload as they are. I actually saw the car today and its not quite as bad as I had thought. Its still bad, but it still looks pretty straight behind the rear reinforcement at least. Still, almost the whole car will need to be repainted with all the blending and such that they will have to do. The drivers side quarterpanel is going to have to be replaced along with both fenders, front bumper, both front rims and tires, driver's side front window, rear bumper, left taillight, left side exhaust(maybe both sides) and heat shield, possibly the hood and trunk, possibly the left headlight. Thats just at a glance. The left front rim looks to have been hit pretty good so that may be suspension damage right there as well.

A Detective came to my house today and I had to pick out his photo which wasnt very difficult. I gave him copies of all the medical paperwork showing my injuries as well as a typed up account of what happened. I also got a copy of the police report. The guy claims he's schizophrenic due to "not having his needs met" but if he was, there wouldnt be a whole in depth excuse for his behavior. They know he's full of ****. All the witnesses have the same story so thats good. He said that he got angry when he saw my Mercedes and retaliated for a lane change that I supposedly made. He claims to not remember the other two times he hit me or the fact that he fled in reverse. He said that he goes in and out of conciousness depending on whether or not his self-respect is threatened. He can kiss his self respect goodbye once he's sentenced.

The Detective said that there were 6 separate reports on him on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is a preliminary hearing for him and I am going with my Bail Bondsman friend. I will let you all know what happens. Thanks again for all your support!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I will try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow, the files are too large to upload as they are. I actually saw the car today and its not quite as bad as I had thought. Its still bad, but it still looks pretty straight behind the rear reinforcement at least. Still, almost the whole car will need to be repainted with all the blending and such that they will have to do. The drivers side quarterpanel is going to have to be replaced along with both fenders, front bumper, both front rims and tires, driver's side front window, rear bumper, left taillight, left side exhaust(maybe both sides) and heat shield, possibly the hood and trunk, possibly the left headlight. Thats just at a glance. The left front rim looks to have been hit pretty good so that may be suspension damage right there as well.

A Detective came to my house today and I had to pick out his photo which wasnt very difficult. I gave him copies of all the medical paperwork showing my injuries as well as a typed up account of what happened. I also got a copy of the police report. The guy claims he's schizophrenic due to "not having his needs met" but if he was, there wouldnt be a whole in depth excuse for his behavior. They know he's full of ****. All the witnesses have the same story so thats good. He said that he got angry when he saw my Mercedes and retaliated for a lane change that I supposedly made. He claims to not remember the other two times he hit me or the fact that he fled in reverse. He said that he goes in and out of conciousness depending on whether or not his self-respect is threatened. He can kiss his self respect goodbye once he's sentenced.

The Detective said that there were 6 separate reports on him on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is a preliminary hearing for him and I am going with my Bail Bondsman friend. I will let you all know what happens. Thanks again for all your support!
Good luck man! I hope they throw the book at him! Meds or no meds, idiots like that should never NEVER be allowed in society.

He "retaliated" at you with a stolen car. Yeah, maybe they should cut something off to make him overcompensate more for his "self-respect".
Old 11-28-2005, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Once again, hope everything goes well for you, I'm sure it will.

Oh yeah, Jordan EAT A D!CK!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:22 PM

W140 W126 W220
best of luck in whatever you do man. that really sucks. hope this never happens again.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 PM

... retaliated for a lane change that I supposedly made...
Isn't that what most people do? Bad lane change = Vehicular manslaughter?

This guy is dangerous. I'm glad you are OK. Write down your clearest recollections of the incident. When you take the stand during his criminal trial, gut him. Slowly and purposefully, take him apart.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Dang..... this is one of the craziest horror story I've ever known in real life.... Hope for speedy recovery.... and try to stay cool and be reasonable. I certainly hope you're not after Miata's owner and insurance (It doesn't mean let them go... but don't push it too much... I'm sure the Miata's owner feels even worse).

Do whatever your good heart thinks is right. You may not get as much monetary compensation as you expect.... but you'll feel a lot better doing that (just like the Pope John Paul who befriended the guy who shot him) and I'm sure you'll get a lot more things back in other forms.

Yes, there are a lot of crazy people out there.... Nothing close to this happened to me (hope not). But one guy tried to smash his car to mine (not successful as my car is a lot faster than his - E55 vs. Dodge Ram).... Both of us happened to get caught in a traffic jam and be next to each other. I told him if I did anything wrong, I sincerely apologize. He didn't say anything (he didn't even look at me).... but he no longer tried to smash his car into mine anymore.... weird but it certainly made me feel a lot better.

God bless!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Once again, hope everything goes well for you, I'm sure it will.

Oh yeah, Jordan EAT A D!CK!!!!

Haha thanks, I totally agree!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:00 AM

S500
OMG!!! I am really sorry to hear about this I, just like everyone else, am very happy that you are ALIVE!!! Cars can be replaced, but humans cannot. I hope your life gets better, and i hope you can sue the crap out of this guy!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:25 AM

C 230K Coupé
Wow that is an absolutely insane story. I would've never imagined that something like this would happen. Glad to hear you're alive... your life is much more important than a car no matter how attached you are to it.
Assault with a dangerous weapon? What kind of charge is that? This was more like attempted murder please. The maniac was obviously out to kill not hurt.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Remember one thing, LEGALLY insane =/= MEDICALLY insane. They are actually very different. Talk to your lawyer and the ADA that's handling the case about his claim of insanity. The PDs might entertain his request and put in an insanity plea. However, if he had the ability to steal a car and then get ticked off to rammed into you, imho shows rational thinking.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
wow just reading this for the first time and holy ****!!!! glad youre ok and hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Unfreakinbelievable @#$% WTF was this psycho thinking? Jeeeez.

Glad to hear you're OK. Count your blessings. In regards to your car, get it assessed for DV. Do a google search on companies that do this. The report will help your lawyer fight the insurance company for DV. The way it looks, you might be fighting your own insurance.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
I heard the Highways in Cali are dangerous, but WOW That is just crazy, your lucky you weren't killed. Take it easy.

Lucky for him he didn't do that in the South Bronx for he would have been shot on site.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
VelocitE55, glad to know you're okay. That is a crazy story and makes you realize how many brutal and negative people are out there.

Amongst all the posts I didn't see where in the LA this happened? I noticed that you are in Encino and I'm in that part of the valley all the time. Did this happen around there?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
How's this for Thanksgiving?? I am driving in the number 2 lane at about 8:30pm last night.....Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could just own an AMG in peace.

luckily ur ok man, I wouldnt have read this, if nlpamg from the w203 forums have linked this....

this guy is crazy nuts...he prolly played too much GTA....

but w/e hows everything going now?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
that's insane!! as everyone else has said glad you are okay!

insane or not this guy deserves to rot!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Just got out of court. They didnt hear the case until 4pm even though it was scheduled for 1pm. It took about 2 minutes once they were on it. He plead not guilty and was given an unbelievably low $350K bail which means if he can come up with $35K(still unlikely), he's out on Bail. I got to see him in the glass room, he looked pretty miserable, as he well should! F'ing C@cksucker! Anyway, he has EIGHT Felony counts against him! That was music to my ears. I have so many witnesses and every one of them WANTS to testify. I dont think he stands a chance with all the evidence against him. I say let him take it to trial, its his life he will be losing by being locked up for the rest of his life. Even if 3 out of 8 counts stick, he's finished.

Anyway, this happened at about 8pm Thanksgiving at Ventura Blvd just East of Haskell. I will try to get to the pics tonight, but im pretty beat. Im still pretty messed up and spending the whole day in court did not help my condition. Thanks again for the comments!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Anyway, this happened at about 8pm Thanksgiving at Ventura Blvd just East of Haskell. I will try to get to the pics tonight, but im pretty beat. Im still pretty messed up and spending the whole day in court did not help my condition. Thanks again for the comments!
Wow, that's a crazy experience to have on Thanksgiving. Surprising that it was in that area (so, it was right where the McDonalds and IHOP are, right?). Although, my homeboys and I got jumped at that McDonalds in High School (10 years ago). Generally speaking, that area is not a bad area at all.

I hope everything goes well for you with the case. Either way, I hope you get some good R&R and get back to health soon. Keep your head up!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Terrible situation, but glad you are okay. Hope that loser gets the book thrown at him

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed