Ran with my wife last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Sorry Spero, I've been in bed for the last 4 days
Went to hospital and got some IV (antibiotics I assume), had pneumonia...they tried to keep me there but I told them I rather be miserable at home than there. At least I can watch **** at home J/K

It's been a crazy week. We're suppose to settle on the new house tomorrow and I couldn't help my wife much packing since I'm in bed like a cry baby (actually glad I was sick this week...hate packing/moving but hey wife gets to enjoy 365 Days a year while I'm out there busting my ***)

I'm feeling 1000% better. I think my cell phone is in my M5 in which case I'm sure it's close to being frozen as the car has been out there for days now and I heard it was cold as f@ck out there.

I should be up and around tomorrow...my settlement has been pushed back til Tuesday (cool builder, they let me push back due to my health)
Hey Bro,

Glad to hear your feeling better! In Atlanta until Saturday, will try and call you in the AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by DJe55
I must have missed this class. What is the 7 second difference? Is the M5 7 Seconds faster from 0-150 than the E55? That doesn't sound right to me?

Dude, after spending some time behind the wheel of the new M5 we would waste a M5 at any speed all day long

btw - going back to see Tim next week
Old 12-16-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
Hey Bro,

Glad to hear your feeling better! In Atlanta until Saturday, will try and call you in the AM.
I'm up and around lately...much better. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice, was hoping to catch up for lunch, but you're in ATL.

This thread is starting to suck.

Guys, a K2 will beat the M5 period. K1/Stage1 will beat the M5 period. If we're talking up to 150MPH...who the f@ck drives that fast on a daily basis anyway?

Man, I'm enjoying my car, you should too..."CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A LONG?"

Spero, my buddy with the CLS and Gallardo got his SLR...I'm going up to Chicago proabably the week of the 26th, I can't wait to drive that thing. This NUT is actually going to import a Bugatti...yes that 800 or 1000HP car...this guy has problems man.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
top its not fair because you get alot more power when doing the same bolt on's to an F/I car.

I have not done any trolling in this thread and improv has nothing to provide to this thread other than instigating another battle.

I have given KK some info to get more power out of his car and has been called a troll by other than the famous inpro

do us a favor and stay out of this thread

I will post up a link but rather pm it to those that are interested because some people on here get so defensive they add nothing but junk to threads that are rather fine and informative.

why dont the mods do anything about this here

if I am trolling then ****ing band me and ill be on my way
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Good reviews...a lot depends on situtation and road condition...I never thought that M5 would be slower then E55...I think E63 7 gear automatic would make lots off diff at higher speeds...

Need to get K2 for sure...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:16 AM

I'm up and around lately...much better. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice, was hoping to catch up for lunch, but you're in ATL.

This thread is starting to suck.

Guys, a K2 will beat the M5 period. K1/Stage1 will beat the M5 period. If we're talking up to 150MPH...who the f@ck drives that fast on a daily basis anyway?

Man, I'm enjoying my car, you should too..."CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A LONG?"

Spero, my buddy with the CLS and Gallardo got his SLR...I'm going up to Chicago proabably the week of the 26th, I can't wait to drive that thing. This NUT is actually going to import a Bugatti...yes that 800 or 1000HP car...this guy has problems man.
Maybe I should fly up with you for a day or two. Would love ot get some runs in the SLR and enjoy Chicago I thing I told you I use to live downtown for a year.

We can drive fast cars during the day and eat and drink well at night.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 AM

a few...
thanks for the good info krispykreme. I have been really thinking about trading my car in to get a new M5, I have a problem with the whole want something new deal, but now I think I might just stick with my E and send it over to RennTech since its only 2 hrs away.

How is the M5 on the driving though? Im guessing it feels a lot more driver oriented and that it feels a lot different, I remember from having my M3 that BMW Ms just have a different feel than anything else. Well good story and at least one of us is having fun on both sides of the fence, the M5-E55 fence I mean haha.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
So why is a shorter diff ratio not a cost effective option if you want better 100+ performance ?

Think the E's gearing runs out at 336km/h so the final drive could quite easily be shortened without compromising top speed and helping 100-200mph performance.

MKB do a 2.82:1 conversion from the stock 2.65:1

Theoretical in gear speeds are as follows with the 2 final drives...

........stock 2.65........MKB 2.82
............mph................mph
1st.......48.30...............45.43
2nd......79.25...............74.47
3rd......123.09.............115.67
4th......173.55.............163.09
5th......209.10.............196.49

So 0-100mph times should be better as well as accel above 100mph. 1/4 mile will suffer though if you expect a 118-120 trap speed.

Top end suffers too but its still 316kmh !!! (theoretical)

Rgds Steve.

Last edited by stevebez; 12-16-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 AM

07 S65
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
Dude, after spending some time behind the wheel of the new M5 we would waste a M5 at any speed all day long

btw - going back to see Tim next week
I agree with you but, I was just asking because his 7 second differential was making me wonder? Did you get your wine from Tim? Give me a call when you get back in town.

Alex, glad to hear your feeling better. Hope all went well with the move.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by DJe55
I agree with you but, I was just asking because his 7 second differential was making me wonder? Did you get your wine from Tim? Give me a call when you get back in town.

Alex, glad to hear your feeling better. Hope all went well with the move.

7 seconds is just crazy, and a bit too much for me to believe. I think KK stated that he wasn't sure.

Can you imagine 7 seconds? That would not be car lengths but bus lengths.

Thanks Derrek, feeling much better and the move, well I'm not looking forward to it as I hate moving and my mortgage just shot up
Old 12-16-2005, 04:15 PM

04 E55
7 seconds is just crazy, and a bit too much for me to believe. I think KK stated that he wasn't sure.

Can you imagine 7 seconds? That would not be car lengths but bus lengths.

Thanks Derrek, feeling much better and the move, well I'm not looking forward to it as I hate moving and my mortgage just shot up
I need to go dig. I remember i read it somewhere. But that was a european spec car.

Give me some time and go dig.

However i am very sure of the high 4 second on the US version, since C&D just come out couple weeks ago.

Stay tuned.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:18 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by skratch77
nice runs.do you think you could get some of these on tape and host them up for us.Maybe even a few 20-100 pulls in first?

you might want to try something on your m5 to get some more power out of it.Some have found out that there is 2 extra carbon airfilters in the airboxes on the us cars and have made 15more whp with them out.

it has somthing to do with us epa crap.
Interesting.

It's already difficult for me to convince my wife to run with me.

I do think a video is in order but someone needs to take it and host it. yes, i am lazy.

Perhaps when we meet? Mr. AMG---- looking for some help and love here.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:27 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by merc655
thanks for the good info krispykreme. I have been really thinking about trading my car in to get a new M5, I have a problem with the whole want something new deal, but now I think I might just stick with my E and send it over to RennTech since its only 2 hrs away.

How is the M5 on the driving though? Im guessing it feels a lot more driver oriented and that it feels a lot different, I remember from having my M3 that BMW Ms just have a different feel than anything else. Well good story and at least one of us is having fun on both sides of the fence, the M5-E55 fence I mean haha.

Since you have a Z06, why would you want a M5? They both serve same purpose (well Z06 is even a better choice for a track car).

M5 does have a much different feel to it than E55. (actually it drive a lot like M3 on steroids on top end). Personally i am amazed on how BMW has been able to manage the weight shift on this car during cornering.

I have not yet driven the new Z06. So i really can't comment on it. But why would you want two similar car that does the same function???
Old 12-16-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by krispykrme
I need to go dig. I remember i read it somewhere. But that was a european spec car.

However i am very sure of the high 4 second on the US version, since C&D just come out couple weeks ago.

Stay tuned.
4 seconds I can see this happening but 7 is a lot
Old 12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
top its not fair because you get alot more power when doing the same bolt on's to an F/I car.

I have not done any trolling in this thread and improv has nothing to provide to this thread other than instigating another battle.
Bull****. All you DO on this forum is troll...any BMW vs. Mercedes (or even Gallardo) thread where anyone writes anything other than the BMW won, and you're right there, up in their face, telling them that either they did something wrong, or that their car is down on power, because the M5--which you do not own--can't possibly lose to the Mercedes, or to the Lamborghini Gallardo, or to any brand other than BMW.

And if any owner reports otherwise, he is either a liar or doesn't know how to drive.

And you do this not in a BMW forum where it belongs, but here.

That, by any definition of the word, is trolling.

I have given KK some info to get more power out of his car and has been called a troll by other than the famous inpro
Uh, yes, and that would be because all you do in these Mercedes forums is troll for BMW, and against Mercedes. Gee, I wonder why we find you to be annoying?

do us a favor and stay out of this thread
Do us a favor and do your BMW cheerleading about a car you cannot afford and do not own on a BMW forum.

why dont the mods do anything about this here

if I am trolling then ****ing band me and ill be on my way
Hope springs eternal, but they have a pretty high tolerance for trolls on this board.

Last edited by Improviz; 12-16-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by krispykrme

Stay tuned.
i have done some digging myself...

its 4.2 the difference...0 to 150

M5 20.7 vs 24.9 CLS = 4.2

as noted on one of my earlier post, E55 have been as low as 24.5 and the wagon was clocked at 24.0 flat... that is only a 3.8 to 3.3sec advantage for the M5.. (of course the driving conditions, weather, temp are all factors)

chip and pulley $3 -$4k investement, should be able to probably give knock off 1 sec to that time or maybe slightly more...
Old 12-16-2005, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
yeah intresting those with K2 whats the time till 150? my guess is 22 seconds.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
yeah intresting those with K2 whats the time till 150? my guess is 22 seconds.

I get to over 123mph in under 12s, so I would assume (but have not tested) that I would get to 150mph easily in 22s
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
inpro guess what?those gallardo vids that i claimed where not done right ended up being what i said all along

now your the only one turning this thread to crap.

I have helped out on other posts other than bmws

I showed a few where to find some cheap water injection and have had many conversations in pm's

and for your personal record on what I can afford or not is funny that you even care

I own 2 pizza shops and work for countrywide and bet I make a **** load more than you think sir

im done with this forum

good by all and kk let me know about those carbon filters over at bimmerforums if you ever get the chance.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
inpro guess what?those gallardo vids that i claimed where not done right ended up being what i said all along
You were claiming that the M5 should have won. In the last video he posted, the Gallardo still won, and you were implying that the M5 was faster. You were also arguing with me about an EVO magazine article which said that when they'd run the M5 against the Gallardo, the Gallardo won. And you were also ignoring the posts of guys who had driven both cars, in one case who owned both cars, and said the Gallardo is faster.

now your the only one turning this thread to crap.

I have helped out on other posts other than bmws
Yawn...let's have a look, shall we? Here is your posting history:
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.ph...nduser&u=19961

Now, on the first page, what do I see? Well, here's a pop quiz: out of 25 posts, how many do you suppose were non-BMW related?

Answer: one.

Page two: 23 out of 25.

Page three: 22 out of 25.

Page four: 21 out of 25.

So, out of the last 100 posts you've made, 90 have been BMW stuff. That's 90%, dude..

I showed a few where to find some cheap water injection and have had many conversations in pm's
I'm not interested in your Private Messages, I'm interested in your Public Messages.

and for your personal record on what I can afford or not is funny that you even care

I own 2 pizza shops and work for countrywide and bet I make a **** load more than you think sir
So why don't you own, and go drive, an M5, rather than constantly trolling this forum telling us all how great it is?

im done with this forum

good by all and kk let me know about those carbon filters over at bimmerforums if you ever get the chance.
Hey, subtle hint: if you go posting how great BMW is and how badly the new M5 will beat every Mercedes ever made over there 90% of the time, you'll definitely stir up a lot less animosity there than you will here.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
inpro read my posts I said it should of been faster in the vids posted.I questioned the vids and was trying to figure out why the car was so slow.I have admited that it should hang with the gallardo not beat it.

that last race had the gallardo pull 10 cls on the m5,that does not make sence with the rest of all the vids and what mags have said about the m5.

the same car lost badly to a 911 tt and a few weeks later reran with the m5 in its right setting and walked the 911

now in the end I was right about that m5 not being up to par with the rest of the tests out there.

me and my brother the other day were looking at an slr in our home town mb dealer.I also was cheacking out a c32 there.I like both cars but slightly more towards bmws.I have put over 20k in my m3,of course im going to be a little biased

now go back and look at home much crap you guys gave gustuv about his m5 vids.People here now found out some more things other than crippled L/C on the cars that give the euro's even more power.

here in ma a few have tested with out the carbon filters and dynoed 12-15 more whp with them out.The euros dont have those same extra filters.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
inpro read my posts I said it should of been faster in the vids posted.I questioned the vids and was trying to figure out why the car was so slow.I have admited that it should hang with the gallardo not beat it.
So, even after a guy who owns both the M5 and the Gallardo, and another who has driven both, and the EVO article, ****AND**** the video *****ALL***** show that the Gallardo is faster in a rolling-start run, what do you do?

Still claim that the M5 is as fast as the Gallardo.

No light can penetrate the fog that surrounds...

that last race had the gallardo pull 10 cls on the m5,that does not make sence with the rest of all the vids and what mags have said about the m5.
Not the last race, the first race. The last race, where he put the M5 in the mostest fastest settings, still had the M losing to the Gallardo.

the same car lost badly to a 911 tt and a few weeks later reran with the m5 in its right setting and walked the 911

now in the end I was right about that m5 not being up to par with the rest of the tests out there.
But you were, and still are, wrong about the Gallardo.

And the issue here is your trolling, in a Mercedes forum, to constantly tell us how great, wonderful, superlative, incredible, fantastic, yadda yadda ya, the new M5 is in your opinion.

It gets annoying after a while. I mean, sheesh, you like it? Buy one and be done with it...why pester us with it constantly??

The E55 and M5 both sell for the same amount, roughly, so what is your intention? Anyone here could, if they so chose, buy an M5; some have, others have not.

Wtf is it to you what personal, subjective purchasing decisions they've made?

Do you go to your friends' houses and tell them they should get a different house? A different girlfriend or spouse? That they should dress differently?

me and my brother the other day were looking at an slr in our home town mb dealer.I also was cheacking out a c32 there.I like both cars but slightly more towards bmws.I have put over 20k in my m3,of course im going to be a little biased

now go back and look at home much crap you guys gave gustuv about his m5 vids.People here now found out some more things other than crippled L/C on the cars that give the euro's even more power.
Wait a minute...are you telling me that stock cars can be modified to produce more horsepower?!?!? HOLY ****!! I never knew that....thanks for pointing that out. I mean, when I saw that Eclipse running an 11.2 a few months ago, I just thought the guy was a good driver!!

here in ma a few have tested with out the carbon filters and dynoed 12-15 more whp with them out.The euros dont have those same extra filters.
Caveat emptor...those filters may be there for a good reason; I doubt the engineers stuck 'em in there for looks.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
every one said that there was no more power to be made from the high strung engine.They said that bmw has headers stock and so on.

I have already looked up the carbon filters and they are there for usa epa regulations.They are not on euro cars.

do a search and see how I said 600hp will be no problem with this engine and see how bad every one said it was maxed out from the get go.

add euro L/C and take out the filters and you pretty much get exactly what gust was trying to tell us the whole time.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:50 AM

Just got back from running the M5 agains the 06 E55 (stock) on high speed runs...we did this around 1:45AM on the freeway (was surprised how empty it was).

E55 - S Mode, Sport 2 Airmatic setting, Traction on
M5 - P500 Sport, EDC 2, S6

From 10 roll, the E55 pulls ahead about 3/4 car length and by 85 or so the M5 is ahead by 1/2 to 3/4 car and starts to pull away.

From 50 roll, the M5 pulls ahead by 1/2 car and by 80 is about a full car ahead and starst to pull away.

From 80 roll, the M5 seems to be even til about 105 and starts to pull (this was sorta strange)

We did 57 roll up to 145 or 147 (was moving too fast and just blinked at my HUD) and the M5 was really far ahead, could not count...saw small headlights in the rearview mirror.

We tried 3 races from the start and the E55 was clearly ahead by a full car by 20 and actually pulled about 2 cars or so by 55 and the M5 starts catching it by 105 and is about a hood length behind and by 115 is about even. This was very similar in all 3 runs from a dig.

The M5's strength is clearly once it's rolling and weakness (no secret here) is off the line due to weak torque in the lower RPM Range. The E55 seemed to catapault off the line, it was simply amazing seeing the car take off like that.

I will try this again once my buddy in his 06 gets his pulley and ECU if my let's me out at 1:30AM again...she was wondering why it took so long to buy Milk...LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Just got back from running the M5 agains the 06 E55 (stock) on high speed runs...we did this around 1:45AM on the freeway (was surprised how empty it was).

E55 - S Mode, Sport 2 Airmatic setting, Traction on
M5 - P500 Sport, EDC 2, S6

From 10 roll, the E55 pulls ahead about 3/4 car length and by 85 or so the M5 is ahead by 1/2 to 3/4 car and starts to pull away.

From 50 roll, the M5 pulls ahead by 1/2 car and by 80 is about a full car ahead and starst to pull away.

From 80 roll, the M5 seems to be even til about 105 and starts to pull (this was sorta strange)

We did 57 roll up to 145 or 147 (was moving too fast and just blinked at my HUD) and the M5 was really far ahead, could not count...saw small headlights in the rearview mirror.

We tried 3 races from the start and the E55 was clearly ahead by a full car by 20 and actually pulled about 2 cars or so by 55 and the M5 starts catching it by 105 and is about a hood length behind and by 115 is about even. This was very similar in all 3 runs from a dig.

The M5's strength is clearly once it's rolling and weakness (no secret here) is off the line due to weak torque in the lower RPM Range. The E55 seemed to catapault off the line, it was simply amazing seeing the car take off like that.

I will try this again once my buddy in his 06 gets his pulley and ECU if my let's me out at 1:30AM again...she was wondering why it took so long to buy Milk...LOL
Good story Alex!! I remember I had my car for a few months and my wife also sends me out to buy milk. I'm walking into a 7-11 and I see a yellow viper (not the v10) with two "kids". I see one laughing and kind of looking at my car. I ask if there is a problem and they say no. "Really, what's wrong", I say. "Well, are those exhaust pipes stock or did you put them on"? I say they are stock, why? the other laughs and says how funny he thinks it is for a 4 dr. "family sedan" to have pipes to make it "look sporty". "REALLY", I say. Obvioulsy dad gave him the keys and he has no idea about cars. I tell him I'll bet him $50 bucks if he can beat me in a race. They both crack up laughing. "You know what, you can even hold the $50" I tell him. It was also kind of late and we pull out and no one is around. It's right on the corner with a traffic light. WE line up, light turns green and he's done (****ty driver, to boot). We circle back to 7-11 and they get out and their like "wtf is that"!! My response - A 4DR FAMILY SEDAN.

I go back home all pumped up, walk in and my wife goes - "what took you so long and where's the milk" LOL First thing that came into my head was "I forgot to get it". She's like WTF is wrong with you? then told her I had to race someone, she shook her head like she's talking to a child and went to bed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ran with my wife last night