Sponsored by:

1st Time So Far...Saw An M5 In Action Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
1st Time So Far...Saw An M5 In Action Today

I've seen a bunch of M5's running around town and parked everywhere, but hadn't seen them open up yet. Today I was at work and heard a fartpipe-y sound scream off the light, but at topend it evolved into a raspy urgent wail very similar to the F360 but with a wee bit more burble. I could tell it was gaining speed relatively quickly so rice was out of the question. I looked up at waited for a couple seconds until a white M5 with aftermarket wheels (black center / silver lip) passed by at a pretty quick pace.

I don't know if the exhaust was stock, but it was definitely loud. It doesn't have the ballsy sound of the 55K cars, but sounds interesting at high rpms. Just thought I'd share
Old 12-27-2005, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
sweet. those things sound really nice at high rpms and they haul *** top end.

ive seen quite a few here in Naples, where everything is possible and dreams are just a moment away, at least as far as seeing the sweetest cars alive. The only thing I haven't seen is a Zonda yet, since they arent stateside.

Saw a McLaren F1 the other day, I can get some pics if anyone wants them.
yes it was green lol, but it doesnt matter because it was still an F1
Old 12-27-2005, 10:49 PM

xx
Originally Posted by merc655
Saw a McLaren F1 the other day, I can get some pics if anyone wants them.
yes it was green lol, but it doesnt matter because it was still an F1
Yes, please get some pics of the F1.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Roupin
I've seen a bunch of M5's running around town and parked everywhere, but hadn't seen them open up yet. Today I was at work and heard a fartpipe-y sound scream off the light, but at topend it evolved into a raspy urgent wail very similar to the F360 but with a wee bit more burble. I could tell it was gaining speed relatively quickly so rice was out of the question. I looked up at waited for a couple seconds until a white M5 with aftermarket wheels (black center / silver lip) passed by at a pretty quick pace.

I don't know if the exhaust was stock, but it was definitely loud. It doesn't have the ballsy sound of the 55K cars, but sounds interesting at high rpms. Just thought I'd share

I know you are right near where I live and I saw an E60 M5 FLYING tonight and it was LOUD! It was Silver or Gray and was on Ventura Blvd heading West passing Tampa. Sounded like an F1 car! I was with a buddy in an LS430 and I flipped out telling him to turn around so I could get some video (I wont leave my house without my camera!) but try as we did, we were unable to catch him! He was easily running in the 100 mph area on Ventura Blvd! Crazy sounding car!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:45 PM

a toy
The one I saw was on Ventura too. My office overlooks the street

Another dude just down the street from you just bought a new black M5 from Bob Smith BMW. I saw it this past weekend while leaving my house.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:49 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Got to Love those fartpipes on the new M5 :p
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I have seen a few E60 M5s around here, including one yesterday heading towards the city. I have not, however, seen one "in action" yet. They've all be doddling along...

-m
Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list

Do you work anywhere near 16830 Ventura Blvd? If so I know who it was. hehe
Old 12-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I have seen a few E60 M5s around here, including one yesterday heading towards the city. I have not, however, seen one "in action" yet. They've all be doddling along...

-m
Most M5s have arrived recently. For the first 1200 miles, the break-in process involves lower revs, slower shift speeds, partial throttle, and inability to use the 500 hp mode. Many are obliged to doddle for awhile.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by rsteele
Most M5s have arrived recently. For the first 1200 miles, the break-in process involves lower revs, slower shift speeds, partial throttle, and inability to use the 500 hp mode. Many are obliged to doddle for awhile.
I'm very well aware of the break in process and was really speaking to the fact that they are around, and was not implying the owners were intimidated or weak in terms of not wanting to get on it a bit. I have not been in the E55 when I was by them, I was either in my S4 or my QX. I am planning on running 2 M5s come spring.

-m
Old 12-30-2005, 11:00 AM

BMW M6
the upcoming action should be good in miami, there were three new M5's getting rims at the shop last week alone when i picked up my wheels! so they will be hitting our streets with force
waiting to run one.........
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 PM

a toy
Yep, I'm just across the street from where Mann Theater used to be (18000 block). They tore it down

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Do you work anywhere near 16830 Ventura Blvd? If so I know who it was. hehe
Old 12-30-2005, 01:06 PM

BMW M6
Yep, I'm just across the street from where Mann Theater used to be (18000 block). They tore it down
love your signature quotes!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How funny. That was me. Nice to meet you, my name is Angela. The exhaust is stock not aftermarket. I work for the bank that sits on the corner of Balboa and VTA Blvd. Please don't say the name online. I go to two monthy corporate meetings there. You caught me heading down to that starbucks on the lft hand side. It's not my car it's my boyfriends. I dropped him off at LAX that morning and still had his car. Nice to know I made you look.

Last edited by BENZGal; 12-30-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:26 PM

BMW M6
How funny. That was me. Nice to meet you, my name is Angela. The exhaust is stock not aftermarket. I work for the bank that sits on the corner of Balboa and VTA Blvd. Please don't say the name online. I go to two monthy corporate meetings there. You caught me heading down to that starbucks on the lft hand side. It's not my car it's my boyfriends. I dropped him off at LAX that morning and still had his car. Nice to know I made you look.

lol what a small world it is

a benz girl...nothing sexier than that, call me if you guys break up! lol
Old 12-30-2005, 03:39 PM
ON PROBATION

Would you two quit flirting and just get it over with?!!!!! LOL
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C32 MIA
lol what a small world it is

a benz girl...nothing sexier than that, call me if you guys break up! lol

I love Miami. Matter of fact I am heading up there tomorrow morning. I hope it rocks on New Years.

Love the look of your E55. I hope to have 600+ hp. sometime early next year.

I can't wait to tell my guy that my car has a ballsier sound than his. Gotta have something on him.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:11 PM

a toy
Nice to meet you, I'm Roupin. Nice to see a female enthusiast who isn't scared of the gas pedal.

As for me, I always have an eye out the window while at work. It makes work itself all the more fun.

For some reason everyone seems to punch it from that light. I know I do too
Old 12-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Out Of Control!

^^ www.hotels.com lol :p
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice to meet you, I'm Roupin. Nice to see a female enthusiast who isn't scared of the gas pedal.

As for me, I always have an eye out the window while at work. It makes work itself all the more fun.

For some reason everyone seems to punch it from that light. I know I do too
It's such a small world.

I wasn't always an enthusiast. I dated a guy one time that put all his time and energy into his fast car, and it made me resent him and his nice car. Everytime he would mod his car I would roll my eyes. He never involved me so I didn't know what I was missing. Then I met my current guy who not only involved me in his M5's and canyon runs, he paid for some of the aftermarket parts and wheels of my new 55. Then I finally figured out what all the fuss was about. It gave me a new appreciation for fast beasts and mods. I wanted more...more....more....power....power....power! Now it's kinda funny. I ended up with a faster car and a better guy, and he ended up with a butter face with 1/2 personality and a slower, older car.

I took my roommate and girlfriend for a ride in the new 55 at 150, and one of them just put an order in for a new 55. My roommate is looking into getting my old 55. I think more girls would be into them if they had someone to share it with them, and show them how much fun it can be. Now I find myself beating out all the other traffic on the way to the next lights to be the front car just so I can beat everyone off the light. vroom vroom I'm hooked!

Sorry to steal your thread and go off topic.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:21 PM

a toy
No worries about the thread. It's not like i'm trying to hold a serious BMW discussion on an MB forum.

Now....who wants to race? :p
Old 01-02-2006, 08:10 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Hey, I was around that area too. Was that the one with the "Save the Whales" bumper sticker? Was that you Benzgal?

Last edited by E55Cent; 01-02-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's such a small world.

I wasn't always an enthusiast. I dated a guy one time that put all his time and energy into his fast car, and it made me resent him and his nice car. Everytime he would mod his car I would roll my eyes. He never involved me so I didn't know what I was missing. Then I met my current guy who not only involved me in his M5's and canyon runs, he paid for some of the aftermarket parts and wheels of my new 55. Then I finally figured out what all the fuss was about. It gave me a new appreciation for fast beasts and mods. I wanted more...more....more....power....power....power! Now it's kinda funny. I ended up with a faster car and a better guy, and he ended up with a butter face with 1/2 personality and a slower, older car.

I took my roommate and girlfriend for a ride in the new 55 at 150, and one of them just put an order in for a new 55. My roommate is looking into getting my old 55. I think more girls would be into them if they had someone to share it with them, and show them how much fun it can be. Now I find myself beating out all the other traffic on the way to the next lights to be the front car just so I can beat everyone off the light. vroom vroom I'm hooked!

Sorry to steal your thread and go off topic.

Hawahha!?! What is this, I go out of town for a week and all of a sudden all of these amazing cars are showing up right outside my neighborhood!? I live pretty much right at the top of Beverly Glen, a couple miles down Mulholland, and I've seen a black M5 twice down on Ventura by ''Aahs'' - never a white one with black rims though! I go to school right there so I'm surprised I haven't seen any of you guys (and gals) around. Look for me - I'm a silver W211 with the SL 65 wheels. I'll keep my eyes and ears open!

Last edited by zdkdeeier493; 01-03-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:39 PM

If you guys liked the exhaust sound of the M5 wait until you hear the M6 when they get here. They had both running laps in Laguna Seca this past summer at the MotoGP races and the M6 sounded like an aftermarket pipe compared to the M5 at full throttle. Much louder and nicer tone than the M5.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Hawahha!?! What is this, I go out of town for a week and all of a sudden all of these amazing cars are showing up right outside my neighborhood!? I live pretty much right at the top of Beverly Glen, a couple miles down Mulholland, and I've seen a black M5 twice down on Ventura by ''Aahs'' - never a white one with black rims though! I go to school right there so I'm surprised I haven't seen any of you guys (and gals) around. Look for me - I'm a silver W211 with the SL 65 wheels. I'll keep my eyes and ears open!

He took me on Mulholland a few months ago and I almost threw up. Those cars corner much better than ours. That is a fun run to make at night with all the lights. I love those SL65 wheels!

To be honest, I really don't like to drive his car. It's fun on the top end and taking a sharp corner, but forget trying to figure out the controls. Not user friendly.

You guys should come to the meet I am putting together at the Rose Bowl in March. He travels due to his job so he couldn't make it to the last couple of meets. I am going to have him work out his schedule to be able to show up to this one. I know he would get off on showing you guys his car.

Watch for the thread coming this week under events.

<3 Angela

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Time So Far...Saw An M5 In Action Today