Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Talking

This is quite an amusing thread...

Where does the Road Hugger "premium performance" tire fall into the scale?

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sea...mf=Road+Hugger

Old 02-05-2006, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 S65
Originally Posted by Rafal
This conversation is over, since you have to continually resort to calling names like a retard lacking education and adequate vocabulary to explain himself. Read the Tire Rack survey and tell me where the Toyos sit in relation to the PS2? Not only on the track, where even you would not spend more than 0.5% of your time, but in real life , everyday performance, including driving it like you stole it, up and down freeway ramps..... Cheers
PS. How can a person with such limited intelligence afford a car like E55?
Did your parents buy it for you to play with when you graduated from high school?
PPS. Just read your signature, and there is absolutely no mention of your fastest times being achieved without mods. Your mods are clearly listed, though.
Education is a wonderful thing, much better than testosterone driven verbal aggression!
I believe the first one to throw out name calling was you "buster". I guess when you are proven wrong you need a way out. BTW TireRack doesn't even list Toyo's as a brand on their website. So I wouldn't expect to see them in their test charts. Not that I would buy a tire based on what they show anyway. Also, my car ran 12.09 with a 1.67 60' bone stock. That was with the RA1's. My best 60' before that was 1.77 with the Conti's and it ran 12.17. Both of those runs were in hot August nights. I throw these numbers out just because it's an easy way to compare. If you have something you can compare them to, please show me. Otherwise don't attack me or my education. You don't know me and you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Just facts please, no opinions.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by DJe55
I believe the first one to throw out name calling was you "buster". .
I rest my case. Your command of the Queen's English is so rudimentary, that you don't even know that "buster" is synonymous with "fellow" and is not offensive at all..

This thread has gone right off the rails now, so let's call a truce, or it will degenerate into a school yard brawl
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
The Michelin PS2 is a great street tire that handles well and can be used on the track somewhat effectively but it is not intended for all out roadracing. On the other hand, Toyo RA-1's are tires designed for roadracing that can be driven on the street as well. Used on a 4000+ pound car, expect to get about 4000 miles out of them. They will outhandle the PS2's but will give much less friendly street manners when it comes to small bumps and grooves in the road. A tire very similar to the Toyo RA-1 is the Nitto NT555RII. From Nitto's site "The Nitto NT-555RII is designed primarily for competition road racing. The sidewall construction is optimized for handling extreme lateral acceleration; vehicles may experience rougher riding when used for daily driving." Just because everyone here seems to be a big fan of the PS2, those of us who roadrace know better. If performance is your only goal, the Toyo RA-1 is the tire for this car (for stock rim sizes). Also, using 4 rear stock rims with identical tires will greatly reduce the excessive understeer present on our sedans. The difference on the track was substantial.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 02-05-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 PM

07 S65
Not sure if it's true but my tire guy said that the Nitto is the cheaper version of the Toyo (same tire). From what he said, Toyo owns Nitto. Anyone know if this is true?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Slightly different tread patterns.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Originally Posted by ClayJ
HAHAHAHA!

You guys and the PS2's....

I've got dozens of cars - expensive ones. I go to the track - often. I am sure that I have at least 8 different makes and models of tire across the entire bunch of cars.

Every car that I can fit a PS2 on has PS2's on it - from the $46,000 car to the $2,800,000 car.

And I can afford to buy any tires that exist in the world.... What does that tell you?

Just curious, what do you own that costs/ or is worth 2.8 million??? Didn't know such a car exisited...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:20 AM

05E55
I wish the Kumho ECSTA V710 came in our wheel sizes. It was by far one of the best track tires I have ever used on my Porsche and cup car. Not great for tire wear but brings the handling to any car to a whole different level. Simply amazing. For S. CA they would be great, since we have very little rain fall.

Example: In practice sessions at Laguna seca we used a Hoosier Autox tire to try dropping lap times with some success. Later, we tried the Kumhos in practice. We liked them so much we used them in qualifiying. The results were unreal, -1.8 sec over the Hossiers. Even Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are no match for these tires.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:28 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by pas
Just curious, what do you own that costs/ or is worth 2.8 million??? Didn't know such a car exisited...
This may come as a shock to you, but many of the very favorite historic driving cars of collectors whom are also enthusiasts go for $5M to $8M (that's per car). Quite a few cars which are fairly rare or desirable, but not on the all-time favorites list, go for over $3M.... Many ex-racecars go for $2M to $6M. And in the truly classic and beautiful cars of history category go the cars that will take $10M to $20M or more to make yours....

BTW, I don't buy 'antiques' or 'museum' cars -- all of mine I drive (as often as I can! ).

L8Apex - I agree that the Kumho Ecsta Victoracers are great track tires (is the 710 a 'Victoracer' or a new tire?)-

Last edited by ClayJ; 02-06-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:28 AM

05E55
Originally Posted by ClayJ

L8Apex - I agree that the Kumho Ecsta Victoracers are great track tires (is the 710 a 'Victoracer' or a new tire?)-
The 710 is the "new" tire to takeover the Victoracer. If you liked the Victoracer you will absolutely LOVE the 710. There is NO comparison.

Kumho has come a long way in the past 2 years.