W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Power of Howard Stern

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
The Power of Howard Stern

Back when I ordered my CLS55 with 030 (almost a year ago I wasnt certain that I wanted to get Sirius or not, and while I am a big Stern fan, I wasnt sure that the $50M deal with Sirius would survive, and I feared it might all be hype.

Well I took delivery of my lovely new CLS55 8 weeks ago and I decided to get the factory Sirius installed immediately - and I am still waiting - MB Sirius kits are on a National Back Order status, and they cannot say when they will arrive!!!!!!!!!

Like they say - hate him or love him - the Ling of All Media certainly has the drawing power - seems like many others were waiting just like me!!!!

So if anyone knows when the Sirius kits will arrive please let me know.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow sorry to hear that. I got mine installed about 2 weeks ago and it only took 2 days for the parts to get here.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you could go to best buy and get it done immediately!
hopefully siri stock will get with it and make me some $$$!!!
i think everyone on this board should buy some a.s.a.p. as it is headed up b/c those that were in for short-term have already sold out in the last 30-70 days!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
I find it hard to believe that howard stern can be the cause for MBUSA not supliying sat radio kits anylonger...

My bet is that dealers figured out they can no longer retrofit sat radio (most of teh cars no longer come prewired since half a year) and ordered way more cars with sat radio installed frrom factory then before - regardless where howard stern is to be heard.

Anyways - eventhough MBUSA does not suply any sat radio kits since december 12 (I think), I have heard that there are a few selected dealers in the bay area that are still able to offer retrofitted mercedes satelite radio kits... it is all about the source.

greetingz,
Old 02-14-2006, 09:16 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
It will be well worth the wait. Although I have not listened to the garbage on HS I do listen to Sirius. In fact I have not tuned into a FM station since I got it. For that matter I rarely listen to MP3s or CDs either. There are so many choices that it is hard to pick what to listen to.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:27 PM

2006 CLS55, Barolo Red
The shortage of Sirius radios is absolutely because of Howard Stern fans...FACT!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Almost a Member!

I just ordered up Sirius about 2 days ago and I got the same speech that they are on National Back order and can't even give me a ballpark as to when it will come in.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by 05PewterE55
I just ordered up Sirius about 2 days ago and I got the same speech that they are on National Back order and can't even give me a ballpark as to when it will come in.
then your dealer should READ the bulletins that get send by MBUSA - that will give them some more info about this matter so that they are no longer in the dark.

greetingz,
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
then your dealer should READ the bulletins that get send by MBUSA - that will give them some more info about this matter so that they are no longer in the dark.
Hi MbenzNL

many thanks for your sponsorship of this board and the work you do for our members here. If you wouldnt mind please let me know if my understanding of the situation is correct.

My understanding is that MB is changing the Command control unit and that is the delay. The original command unit controller was able to have the sat radio installed after delivery, but the new command unit (at least on the 06 CLS55) does not have that capability. The new units are due any day now (at least thats what they are telling me)

Is this correct or am I missing something?

many thanks in anticipation
Old 02-16-2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 05PewterE55
I have it in my CLS and love it but after the fact I would recommend getting the sirius installed after-market so you dont have to pay for two subscriptions. You can not have sirius in your benz and in your home and office with the factory installed sirius. I dont spend a ton of time driving so I'm not sure I will re-new after my free 6 months in the benz. I will just keep my sportster subscription that I can transfer from my work, house and cars. Just a thought.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you can pay the regular rate for the first unit on your acct. and then an extra 6.99 for each additional unit you add to the acct.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by siswati
Hi MbenzNL
My understanding is that MB is changing the Command control unit and that is the delay. The original command unit controller was able to have the sat radio installed after delivery, but the new command unit (at least on the 06 CLS55) does not have that capability. The new units are due any day now (at least thats what they are telling me)
no - that is wrong...all CLS & E comands (in the US) are capable to support SAT radio...all CLSes (in the US) UP TO MODELYEAR 2007 are (and will be) prewired for SAT radio...all 2004 & 2005 E-classes are pre wired for SAT radio where as the 1006 E-classes no longer come prewired for SAT radio

MBUSA has distributed a bulletin on december 12 (I think) that SAT radio kits would go on national hold and that dealerships would only be able to order kits on VIN - recently MBUSA has distributed another bulletin (early feb) in which they announced that ALL SAT radio kits would go on national hold so that dealerships cannot get SAT radio kits at this very moment (due to the fact that all SAT radio receivers seem to be going to the factory for installation there).

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 02-16-2006 at 03:22 PM.