Sponsored by:

Blue Tooth Connection for 2006 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:59 PM
sdg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Tooth Connection for 2006 E55

When I bought the car, I did not take their 'outdated' telephone system. But was told that "the wiring is ready" for the blue tooth connection. Does anyone know, if there is someone who can do it and lives in Wisconsin or around a 75 miles from Milwaukee/ Racine area? What is the reasonable figure for such work? I don't want the telephone service that badly to pay for the Benz dealership to put it in (beside their telephone is obsolete, in my opinnion)! Thanks for your help.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I really do not think the car is Bluetooth capable. There are aftermarket systems that will probably work, but none of them will integrate the phone into the command like the factory set up will. I think you just stated one valid reason for not trusting/believing anything a sales person has to say.

I owned a Lexus LS430 with Bluetooth and it was nowhere near the system that is offered in MBZ. The MBZ system is far superior in all aspects. The phone is seamlessly integrated into the command system. The phone directory can be displayed on the nav screen or the info display in the speedo. I can place calls by just saying "Call" and the name. The external antenna gives better service than the internal antenna on the cell phone inside of the car. I have downloaded my own ring tone for the car phone. When I receive an incoming call, the stereo mutes and Janice Joplin begins singing "Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz". I think it is a fitting touch and everyone who has heard it has loved it. One other thing, additional info is displayed on the nav screen. Text messages can be read on the screen, the numbers called and received are displayed. In summary, I think the MBZ phone system is the best one on the market that I have personally seen and I would not trade it for 10 aftermarket Bluetooth systems. However, the new S class has Bluetooth AND the hardwire capability. I am sure it works just fine and if your 06 model has the same electronics, then it should be just fine.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 AM

E55
How do you change the ringtone on the factory phone?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by sdg
When I bought the car, I did not take their 'outdated' telephone system. But was told that "the wiring is ready" for the blue tooth connection. Does anyone know, if there is someone who can do it and lives in Wisconsin or around a 75 miles from Milwaukee/ Racine area? What is the reasonable figure for such work? I don't want the telephone service that badly to pay for the Benz dealership to put it in (beside their telephone is obsolete, in my opinnion)! Thanks for your help.
If you're looking to integrate via Bluetooth into the car's phone system, this ain't gonna happen easily. You need a gateway device that can translate between Bluetooth & the MB telephone commands.

Check out the threads here for more information.

--
Hook
Old 02-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by corgiman
How do you change the ringtone on the factory phone?
My phone is a Motorola V600 and I went to settings, ring styles, detail, calls, then select the ring tone. Cingular has some ringtones on their web site that can be downloaded. Once that has been done, the ringtone will be located with the original group. The selected ringtone then plays in the car as it does in the phone when it is out of the car.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
I agree, I had bluetooth in my 545i and my M45 with my Treo 650, while it's nice to use your everyday phone integrated into the car, the sound has static, sometimes it doesn't connect, etc... I bought a V60x on ebay for $175, and dropped it in the E55, and it works great.... no additional charge to add the phone to my sprint account and I can forward my treo calls to the car....
Old 02-22-2006, 02:59 AM

2006 E55
Bluetooth

As I understand it you can add the bluetooth module (puck) to your car if you don't want to use the Benz phone. Go to the following web site for additional information on this. http://www.wireless4mb.com/index.html You can also buy the appropriate cradle so your phone can utilize the cars antenna for better reception. Hope that helps.

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Fikse
I agree, I had bluetooth in my 545i and my M45 with my Treo 650, while it's nice to use your everyday phone integrated into the car, the sound has static, sometimes it doesn't connect, etc... I bought a V60x on ebay for $175, and dropped it in the E55, and it works great.... no additional charge to add the phone to my sprint account and I can forward my treo calls to the car....

No additional charge? What plan are you on? I have 3 phones on my plan and I pay $10 or $20 per month per phone as an add on.

Also, does anyone know what phones will work with the E55? I'd be willingf to dedicate a phone line to it, if I could.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
No additional charge? What plan are you on? I have 3 phones on my plan and I pay $10 or $20 per month per phone as an add on.

Also, does anyone know what phones will work with the E55? I'd be willingf to dedicate a phone line to it, if I could.
I use the MB Motorola V710 (and love it) but if you add that Bluetooth Puck you can use several phones and most of them are listed on that web site I posted previously. Some have a cradle option and some don't. I think that is the biggest key because then you can take advantage of the cars antenna and charge the phone while driving.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:33 AM

Mercedes is releasing blue tooth adapters. So far there are 3 kinds. The dongle that works with MHI systems for MY05/06 , the puck that works with the v60s/Timeport phones systems starting with MY02/04 and a BT-Cradle that starts from MY00. The new dongle is currently on back order with no eta as of yet. That lists for $475 Some dealers actually have them, but they are limited in quantity.

Last edited by KuRuPTioN; 02-24-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:36 AM

2006 E55 Black
Bluetooth this summer?

I recently bought a 2006 E55, and the dealer told me that a Bluetooth integration kit would be available this summer. Of course, the dealer could be wrong.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:13 PM

2006 E55
This is the site and you will get MB phone items including the Bluetooth set up for less than dealers are charging. The dongle is $350.00 through them and I bought my phone directly from then and saved about $125.00. It is a Benz phone.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:52 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by JJIII55
This is the site and you will get MB phone items including the Bluetooth set up for less than dealers are charging. The dongle is $350.00 through them and I bought my phone directly from them and saved about $125.00. It is a Benz phone.
www.wireless4mb.com