Sponsored by:

Battery completely discharged overnight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery completely discharged overnight

This was pretty annoying. But luckily the Roadside service ppl showed up fast. This happened:

Parked the car overnight, locked (all the doors were closed, no dome lights were on). The next day I go to unlock via key remote, and nothing happens. I press the button on the door, and same result. I removed the manual key, to unlock the door. I look at the dash and notice that there were no lights on at all (normally it would show the mileage, and gear). I try the keyless start, but it was dead too. Tried sticking the key in, but it wouldn't turn. Basically it was completely dead. Thank god the germans thought of putting in a key mechanism on the trunk, otherwise the service ppl wouldn't be able to get to the battery! It took a while for it to charge up enough to restart. Then the dash went crazy with all kinds of warning lights. My car is an '06 E55, with less than 3,000 miles on it. I have no idea what would cause the car to completely discharge like that. The lights were on auto setting, but there is nothing else that was running overnight. Any ideas? If it happens again tommorow I'm going to the dealership...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Angry Did you have your car in for the brake recall?

Saveur: Several of us in the past after our cars being serviced for the Brake recall had the exact same thing occur. Any similarity here?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Actually, no, i didn't have any work done. I just got the car delivered earlier this year. Wouldn't they sent me a letter or something about a recall?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:09 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
I thought the E55s all have a back up start system. If your battery dies there is a seperate resevre for one chance at starting the car. The system is listed in my 2004 manual.

Does yours and if so what happened to it? It suppose to be isolated from everything else so it doesn't discharge.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Mine is an 06. I have no idea about the back up start system. I mean, the car was completely powerless. I'll look at the manual again though.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:32 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
My 05 does this from time to time (not dead tho, just low voltage). I have tracked it down to the MB factory phone which doesn't turn off the charging mechanism when full, also the phone goes off and on for no reason. It's possessed, this is the 2nd phone unit and the 3rd handset. MB phones suck. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Almost a Member!

I don't have a phone installed, so that isn't it either. Oh well.

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by saveur
This was pretty annoying. But luckily the Roadside service ppl showed up fast. This happened:

Parked the car overnight, locked (all the doors were closed, no dome lights were on). The next day I go to unlock via key remote, and nothing happens. I press the button on the door, and same result. I removed the manual key, to unlock the door. I look at the dash and notice that there were no lights on at all (normally it would show the mileage, and gear). I try the keyless start, but it was dead too. Tried sticking the key in, but it wouldn't turn. Basically it was completely dead. Thank god the germans thought of putting in a key mechanism on the trunk, otherwise the service ppl wouldn't be able to get to the battery! It took a while for it to charge up enough to restart. Then the dash went crazy with all kinds of warning lights. My car is an '06 E55, with less than 3,000 miles on it. I have no idea what would cause the car to completely discharge like that. The lights were on auto setting, but there is nothing else that was running overnight. Any ideas? If it happens again tommorow I'm going to the dealership...
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME- BAD BATTERY REGULATOR replaced as well as battery
Old 03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Almost a Member!

02 E55
If you have a bad battery regulator would the warning light comes up on the dash? My battery went dead last week and I have just replaced it, the last thing I need is for the new one to go **** up on me.