Sponsored by:

Time for a good polish?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Thumbs up Time for a good polish?

Hey guys.. There was some discussion on the SL55 board about waxes and polishes. I know we have had the whats the best wax discussion a million times.. Zaino vs Meguiars vs mothers etc..

I dont know if you all have ever heard of used Adams Polishes but i have recently discovered them and am in love.. They make the beast silky smooth and super glossy.. I have used every kind of wax and polish you can think of to try and get that perfect shine and I will tell you what im an adams user for life!! It goes on and comes off so easy.. They have instructional videos on the site. The stuff is just awesome.. I sent them an email raving about their product and they decided to give me a 10% discount code for all us here.. If you search for the site adams polishes and when you ready to checkout use discount code mbworld. Give it a try.. Im telling use it once and you will give everything else you have away.. ITS AWESOME!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
here watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZv...&search=veyron
Old 04-26-2006, 08:00 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Have you used Zaino in the past? If so, could you compare Zaino with Adam's.

Also, I was on Adam's website. Are you talking about the "Butter Wax" product?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:15 PM

E55
Yes the butter wax is awesome!! I use the detail spray almost everytime i take the car out.. It is also awesome.. And one thing that has been really different is the VRT for tires.. Its not greasy at all .. Its awesome.. They have vid's on the website so you can see the products in use.. I bought one of the kits and got towels applicators etc..

Dont get me wrong Zaino works good.. But its alot more work for the same results! I have half a bottle of the zaino products and seriously will probably never use them.. Adams is so much easier .. you cant go wrong..
Old 04-26-2006, 08:18 PM

E55
Originally Posted by BoBcanada

Ok i take it back.. What that guys does is AWESOME!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
I'm not sure about everybody else but having used Zaino on my Vette, I was sold. I used it on my E55 nanopaint and I can't tell any difference. Nanopaint shines under any circumstances. I just wash it and spray on Zaino Detailing solution or Eagle One or anything else and it shines like a ****. Makes no difference what you use IMO.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:59 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 179 Posts
Amazing. The guy in the video is breaking a cardinal rule of auto washing by doing it in direct sunlight!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 AM

2005 Flint Grey E55
Try the Sonus SFX polish sets. One of the best i have used. I've tried Meguiar's and Zaino, and it is clearly notable on dark cars Sonus is by far the best. I haven't tried Adam's though, maybe the next time i polish i'll try that.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Zymol Royale (Carnauba wax) - if you going to use wax - is the best - well it certainly is the most expensive. There are alternatives though ... check this out ...

http://www.permagard.com

Did it to my car and its amazing. When I wash it I dont use any detergents, simply pressurewash the dirt off and either dry the car or take it for a drive and let it drip dry. No water spots ... nothing. The coating is a polymer resin that remains hard regardless of ambient temps (well as long as you dont stick the car in a fire). As you can see from link its used on planes and boats too - so pretty robust stuff.

Getting back to waxing though you have to be carefull. Wax gets soft as temps rise and then trap dust. Then when things cool the fine dust is trapped in the wax layer. So when you wax the car again you effectively sandpaper your car with this layer of wax with dust particles. This is why your car looks fantastic on the first wax and the waxes after that create the dreaded swirl marks.... unless you get these guys to have a go at your car.

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-...reatments.html

The polymer method so far has worked fantatstic on my car and a buddies SL55. The test car the company is using has 5 years on it and still looks like new....

Good luck !!!

Rgds Steve.

Last edited by stevebez; 04-27-2006 at 07:20 AM.