W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 vs. M5...cont.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
owned a dinan charged e39/m5. now am here with all of you w/ my 2005/w211. and here to stay with all you brothers. the acceleration and gobs of thrust in an instant is like nothing i have driven (had a 993 carrera prior to e39). do not have the track or drag experience, so can only speak from impression and the gut, but the e55 is one b@d @$$ ****...unlike my carrera and m5, have never had the parlor of supercar drivers out where i live (and there's quite a few on open stretch hwy) ever try and pull up on my e55. and if they ever do to you, well, UNLEASH HELL. glad to be here and in the klub. thanks.

also a post of mine earlier-need assist or thought on this-thanks guys (and gals)-"
"just bought e55 amg/2005. new owner and just today put in tiptronic shift (both on center console shift and steering column). unlike automatic mode, it sounded like the engine had a very light and muffled ping type sound (only compare would be like placing a playing card against a spoke bicycle wheel when its spinning). again, just a very light ping/diesel engine sound beneath the engine rev. is this normal? do not hear this at all when in automatic mode. thanks all. " (earlier thread)??

Last edited by m52e55; 05-11-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
So many post and discussions, so much BS...but I havent seen real M5 vs E55RACE in 1/4 yet ...

Both car need the be driver properly...A friend of mine beat E60 M5 and E63 M6 in 1/4 with his E39 M5...cuase he knows how to launch...and all those guys jsut cant launch....he also beat a Diablo in 1/4...but it doesnt mean that Diablo is slower...

I say 2 car, 2 drivers...both drivers drive both cars in 1/4 race...have couple of runs, this will settle all BS...

IMHO...I agree with one member here...E55 might be faster to 110-120, then E60 M5 will slowly walk away...In 1/4 E55 will be faster but no from mid-range or in 1/2 mile race...
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by m52e55
owned a dinan charged e39/m5. now am here with all of you w/ my 2005/w211. and here to stay with all you brothers. the acceleration and gobs of thrust in an instant is like nothing i have driven (had a 993 carrera prior to e39). do not have the track or drag experience, so can only speak from impression and the gut, but the e55 is one b@d @$$ ****...unlike my carrera and m5, have never had the parlor of supercar drivers out where i live (and there's quite a few on open stretch hwy) ever try and pull up on my e55. and if they ever do to you, well, UNLEASH HELL. glad to be here and in the klub. thanks.

also a post of mine earlier-need assist or thought on this-thanks guys (and gals)-"
"just bought e55 amg/2005. new owner and just today put in tiptronic shift (both on center console shift and steering column). unlike automatic mode, it sounded like the engine had a very light and muffled ping type sound (only compare would be like placing a playing card against a spoke bicycle wheel when its spinning). again, just a very light ping/diesel engine sound beneath the engine rev. is this normal? do not hear this at all when in automatic mode. thanks all. " (earlier thread)??

Welcome!
I'm not sure, but i think that sound is the Kompressor belt, i really haven't heard it on mine, but i have read about it from members here. Maybe someone here can shed some light on that.