Sponsored by:

Black Cloud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Black Cloud

Well, I've been waiting to post some photos of my new ride, however, those photos will have to wait a while longer. It seems that there is a black cloud haning over my vehicle. First, within 14 days of ownership it was in the shop to repair the driver seat bolsters (air hoses connected backwards). Then a week later the SRS light came on. Turns out it was a faulty wiring harness behind the steering wheel. And today...driving down the freeway, the car in front of me hit a chunk of tire in the road, and guess where it landed...right in the middle of my hood. So.. the car will be in the body shop for another week. It's frustrating that I've made two payments on the car already and have driven it less than 15 days combined. So, after the hood is repaired, I'll get some photos on line. It really is nice looking.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:02 PM

07 S65
Sounds like a ruff start. Hang in there. Owning this car is pure joy for me.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Rudyrono - sorry to hear the bad news... hope all works out and we get to meet up soon. Hang in there buddy... like DJe55 said, nothing but enjoyment in owning and DRIVING this car.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
Rough starts will lead to happier days!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:14 PM

Sell and start over....car could just be cursed!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:30 PM

2005 e55
[QUOTE=Rudyrono]Well, I've been waiting to post some photos of my new ride, however, those photos will have to wait a while longer. It seems that there is a black cloud haning over my vehicle. First, within 14 days of ownership it was in the shop to repair the driver seat bolsters (air hoses connected backwards). Then a week later the SRS light came on. Turns out it was a faulty wiring harness behind the steering wheel. And today...driving down the freeway, the car in front of me hit a chunk of tire in the road, and guess where it landed...right in the middle of my hood. So.. the car will be in the body shop for another week. It's frustrating that I've made two payments on the car already and have driven it less than 15 days combined. So, after the hood is repaired, I'll get some photos on line. It really is nice looking.[/QUTE]
i have had numerous issues with the electronics on mine as well,including the srs light last time around,it's annoying at times but the torque makes up for the electronic shortcomings.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I totally understand how you feel. I'm still waiting for my beast to come home to me. Hopefully that would happen tomorrow afternoon.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS 55 AMG DAILY!
Same here! My seat got burned and the a pillar, my wife and i got in a fight and she throw her hand bag at my car and I scratched the front lower bumper on a deep dip thinking I was in my Hummer... And my baby has been in the shop since Thursday...
Old 05-26-2006, 07:18 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
I feel your pain. When my car has something wrong I lose sleep and grump around til it get back from the hospital.

I've had my E55 for 2 years and it's still flawless except for 3 new windshields and a new set of wheels. The idiots that put on my new PS2s trashed the paint on 3 out of 4 wheels. Their insurance is gonna fork over the money tho.

Again, Sorry for the bad luck but you'll enjoy the ride even more when you get it back.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks for the kind words. I hate to be a cry baby but I've had the car less than 2 months and it seems like it's been in the shop for at least one of those months. I just got back from dropping my car off at the body shop. This guy does excellent work here in So. Nevada so if any of you need body work in this area, let me know. He said he'll get the car to me, possibly by Friday. Ugg! Dragon, thanks and we'll hook up when I get it back.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:01 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Mr.Trump
Same here! My seat got burned and the a pillar, my wife and i got in a fight and she throw her hand bag at my car and I scratched the front lower bumper on a deep dip thinking I was in my Hummer... And my baby has been in the shop since Thursday...
I sympathize with Mr. Trump, its strange ins't it...sometimes I can't understand women at all, there you are just doing' nothing and bam! ...I mean look at your signature picture - what can be wrong with that (just to show I know of what I speak, my first two wifes would't have liked it either )

Its like the man said to the good looking women in the bar..."you remind me of my fourth wife"...she replied "how many wifes have you had???"...."just three" he said.