W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63S
Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad

I bought the MB rear side window blinds and had them installed at the dealer the other day (easy to install, but I didn't want to risk damaging the interior, and they didn't charge for installation), and they are pretty good, IMO. I will try and take some pics and post them, because the parts departments at the dealers I have spoken with (4 in all) have no clue what they are like...so I ordered them contingent upon being able to return them if I didn't like them.

So, here are my thoughts:

1. There is nothing as good as the blinds which come as the factory installed option where the base of the blind is rolled into and out of the door panel...for a stupid $200, can't MB makes these things standard on a $80,000+ car, or throw them into the premium package, like they do with the power rear blinds? Unfortunately, it's thousands of dollars to add them afterwards.

2. Recognizing this, MB makes a decent aftermarket solution available for $168 (both sides). The only difference/negative, is that if you don't want them to be "up" all the time, you need to remove them (easy pop out) and keep them in your trunk/garage. This is not a bad option, as they only really make serious sense, for me at least, when I am driving on a 2-3 hour trip with the family, like to VT or the Cape for a weekend...at which point, I am happy to "install" them (takes 30-60 seconds).

3. They pop in and out of little receptors that you insert into each side of the top of the door panels. Once installed, they look exactly like the other black shades. They secure themselves at the top by inserting two small latches under the interior rubber where the window meets the top of the door frame.

4. Once installed/raised, you can lower and raise the window without any impediment.

Anyway, I probably won't use them that much, but then again, they are pretty inexpensive.

My conclusion is that they are an effective and intelligent alternative if you weren't able, like me, to get a car with the rear side blinds pre-installed.

Last edited by SoxFan; 06-01-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
pas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Thanks for the info, I have the same problem but haven't bothered to get those for the reasons you mentioned the dealers know nothing. It will be interesting to see what they look like. I looked into adding the shades also but like you say it is cost prohibitive. Do they cover the quarter window as well?
Old 06-02-2006, 04:07 PM

E63S
Originally Posted by pas
Do they cover the quarter window as well?
Yes, they cover the full window area.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:39 PM

05 E500 Wagon
Just purchased the same shades a couple weeks back...and you sum it up quite well...I too was impressed (given what they are)

I installed them myself and it's about 1-2 mins per side with no tools involved / If your dealer will do it for you, for free like soxfan...great, but do not pay them to install...it's simply two plastic clips (slide in) in the lower portion of each of rear window frames and that's it...probably harder to put gas in your car
Old 06-02-2006, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
I'd like to see some pics. Sounds like a good solution.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM

pix pls
Old 06-04-2006, 12:31 PM

E63S
Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad-shades-001.jpg   Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad-shades-002.jpg   Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad-shades-003.jpg   Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad-shades-004.jpg   Bought the Aftermarket Rear Side Window Blinds -- Not Bad-shades-005.jpg  

Old 07-29-2013, 04:21 PM

04 E500 Pewtergrey/ 06 E55 AMG White
anyone have the part number to these, I have a 04 e500 and would love them as I am not a fan of tinted windows and love the look of the interior when looking at my ride through the windows.?
Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 PM

e300
? any one who knows the part number of these or link of aftermarket ?