Mp3 playing in Euro command, Steve from MbenzNL chime in if you could

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Mp3 playing in Euro command, Steve from MbenzNL chime in if you could

Hey all;
I just tried to play mp3s in my euro command today (been busy playing music videos haven't bothered trying anything else). To my surprise, I get DVD disc errors....I thought maybe I burned the DVD in the wrong format so I stuck in mp3 cds that worked in my 06 US unit and the same thing, disc errors. Is there something I'm missing here? Does this slot only play dvds and not cds (that'd be strange) and does it support mp3s? I did mess with it once (stupid me) to try to get an amg menu by using 3-5-7 and changed it back to US specs where the buttons were all screwed....but I changed it back to the european with the 3-5-7 again....don't think it matters but I'd like to hear some feedback from other users as to what's going on. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:01 PM

E55
how do you get the euro command
Old 06-04-2006, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Mines in Euro mode and plans mp3 DVDs.

But the player is very sensitive to the way they are burnt - you can search this.
Try burning another DVD see if that works. If not use the "engineers menu" (search that as well) to enable mp3 playback.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:19 AM

2004 E55 AMG
mine works fine.. but i still have that dvd stuck in my drive
Old 06-05-2006, 11:42 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
I researched the engineering menu and I can't get into the 2nd set of hidden menus for the life of me....which leads me to believe according to some other forum members that my software isn't updated enough (mine says I believe v32 in 2003 or something in the engineering menu). The strange thing is I just can't get the command unit slot to play mp3s (and have menus etc) and can just get the cd changer to play mp3 cds in the crappy 1-99 track format method. If you need to burn the discs in specific formats, could someone chime in on the settings? Just spelling them out would be fine, I'm very familiar with disc writing softwares. I appreciate the help everyone.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Also, if the software needs to be updated for mp3 to be enabled on the command slot.....Steve could you please chime in here on how to go about doing this? With an euro command I don't think I can go to my dealer. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...depending on the software in teh comand it might have to be updated...doesn't take that long and doesn't cost that much...your US dealer will not have it (they barely have US spec update discs)...

No need to get into so-called "secret" service menus, just a mater of up0dating the software (with a 15USD costing disc from mercedes).

greetingz,
Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 AM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Steve, if this is true, can you provide the disc on your visit here? I don't know who else to turn to for this euro stuff. As you know our stealers don't have anything useful. Let me know thanks.

P.S. Does this mean mine's enabled or not? Since it plays from the disc changer but not the command slot....not sure what to think. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:30 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Steve, any word on this update? Or anyone that can help out in this dillema? I've searched the forums and had 0 luck with the hidden tabs of the engineering menu (probably my software version problem) and have burned countless discs and I know all burning softwares pretty well when it comes to this kind of stuff. Let me know thanks.