MbWorld members READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
MbWorld members READ THIS!!!

To all MbWorld members

This is to clarify certain things regarding the Brabus bumper I ordered from Frank W. Last May 26, 2006 for the amount of $1220.00 shipped. I paid this through Paypal. I was told that this was going to get shipped on May 30. So I waited for the entire week thinking it should come in any day that week. On Friday June 2. I emailed Frank W and asked him about the bumper, I was told that the shipping company has not even shipped yet because they are waiting for other items. I feel that if I had not emailed him I wouldnt have known that it has not been shipped. I asked him if he could shipped it with a diff. shipping company he said he cant because the owner of the bumper C_brabus picked this shipping company. I dont understand why does the owner get to choose who to ship it through if im the one paying for it. The problem here is my car is in the shop now w/o a bumper and im paying for my rental car. The more this gets delayed the more im paying for the rental. This is to much of an inconvenience for me and my bodyshop. Now as for Frank W he said my bumper will be shipped on Mon. 6/5. I emailed him again asking when I should expect it to arrive then. Now he's just ignoring my emails and pm's.

At this point I dont care now that it is delayed but my concern is...If you paid $1220.00 you should at least get a tracking number. I have repeatedly asked him for one but up to now I have not gotten a tracking number. I dont even know if it did ship on 6/5.

Im not giving a bad rep for GtWerks but considering I paid this bumper in Franks name. I think he should still be liable for this. Because he told me that I did not buy this from GTWERKS but from C_brabus. But the mere fact that i paid this in full under his name he should still be liable for this. Thats why I bought this from him to begin with knowing he has a good rep in MBWorld. I certainly did not expect this to happen.

This is just a heads up to other people who might do business with Frank W in the future.

P.S. Frank if you read this I am still waiting for the tracking number. I did not want to do this but when you stopped returning my emails, pm's you left me with no choice.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:29 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
this is already solved. the bumper will arrive on thursday like I've said from the beginning "hopefully friday or next week"

but did not know you actually posted this in multiple forums...also please cancel the dispute on paypal ASAP.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
I dunno there... it seems like you're jumping the gun and disputing this stuff way too quickly. Hell, the 26th was a Friday and then everyone has the long memorial day weekend... which means even if the thing were wrapped and sitting on the shipper's door, that would be the following week on the 30th... that was just one week ago.

Hell, there's a whole slew of us waiting months for all sorts of things. A week is hardly a long time, especially for something as large as a bumper. Incidentally, if I'm reading right its going via freight and not fedx or ups, because of its size, right? I may be wrong, but if it is going via a shipping company I can tell you three things: 1) they are much slower in both pickup and deliveries than the mainstays and 2) They are almost always wrong in terms of delivery dates and 3) They often spool up a number of shipments before the truck goes out... afterall, its not a daily thing for them to travel to soandso's house... so they accrue packages and then go to, say, Daly City. This is also true of car shipping companys. I had to wait a month for a company to finally ship my car back from Kleeman. So, I completely understand if he uses one particular company... finding others and getting them to show up can be a royal pain. Its not like hailing a taxi... many of them want you to set up an account before hand, give them gobs of info. I use two companys and no others just for that reason.

Disputing with paypal just over a week after your purchase is definitely jumping the gun. I don't know you or Frank, but my impression on a casual passing is you're obviously eager to get this thing, but you're probably jumping the gun a bit. Things can't be teleported, you know? There are a lot of things that can delay and affect large shipments of unique products. Patience Danielsan.

Now if it arrives all broken, give em' hell! Until then, meditate.

Loren

Last edited by FlyByNight; 06-07-2006 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:24 PM

E55
Sounds like good advice from Loren, I know its tough when you have cash out there in cyberspace but this is not that unusual for frieght forwarders and other shippers to take a week or more.

I agree try to wait - especially as FrankW is responding....it's a little harsh to post on several forums when such a short time has elapsed. Maybe go to those posts and describe how this is resolved (when its resolved) is a reasonable thing to do.

Then again if he doesn't respond, or stalls, then report (accurately) what has happened - remember this is people's businesses we are dealing with and being truthful and accurate is the best policy

Good luck, I'm sure this is about to have a reasonably good ending for you....
Old 06-07-2006, 01:46 PM

Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM

2006 CLS55, Barolo Red
I agree with "jumping the gun" way way too fast. Today is only June 7...give the guy a break.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:37 PM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Since you have a rental, you could have saved on some shipping and made a little road trip to pick up the bumper directly. Just a thought.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by CLS_AMG
I agree with "jumping the gun" way way too fast. Today is only June 7...give the guy a break.
+1
Old 06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
dude, u need to chill. it was a holiday weekend. i have bought from Frank and he's a straight-up guy. also, he's been on this forum for a while and is very helpful to other members' questions and needs. sorry to hear about ur car in shop but u have to be realistic about shipment of large items via freight. life is short so don't be so high-strung
Old 06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Loren is right. Relax, good things come to those that wait.

There are a bunch of us waiting on EVO rotors that have not arrived yet and yes, we all put a deposit down ($500.00). I know they were ordered at least a few weeks ago and I don't think any one has called for Simon's (EvoSport) head yet.

Be patient, life is good........you are driving an E55. Edit: C32, is that why you are pissed?

Last edited by Rock; 06-07-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Frank is a good guy and a well-respected member of this forum.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 PM

2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
Originally Posted by CLS_AMG
+9
Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
As a matter of fact, Frank jus emailed me concering the status of my Carlsson front lip
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rock

There are a bunch of us waiting on EVO rotors that have not arrived yet and yes, we all put a deposit down ($500.00). I know they were ordered at least a few weeks ago and I don't think any one has called for Simon's (EvoSport) head yet.

Be patient, life is good........you are driving an E55. Edit: C32, is that why you are pissed?
LOL...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:18 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
once again. please cancel the dispute on paypal as this is already resolved.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:22 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Add me to the list who thinks this was too quick to get worked up about.

~ Ian
Old 06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Out Of Control!

Relax, good things come to those that wait.
I'm waiting very patiently for mine to come back from K....
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JamE55
I'm waiting very patiently for mine to come back from K....
And I'm waiting for my MBP
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Banned

AMGs

Yeah... I think (us) E55 owners have more patient... Good things come to people who waits...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Yeah... I think (us) E55 owners have more patient... Good things come to people who waits...
same here....

Last edited by Aufretch55; 06-07-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Aufretch55
same here....
Wasn't it your idea to put this on the E55 forum???

Anyways, this has been resolved. Frank has sent me a pm right after I posted this.

I admit I might have jump the gun on this one but when I was told that they have not even left LA after a week that kinda pissed me off because I needed this bumper ASAP. If I only knew, I would have gladly paid extra to have it ship next day. I know frank is a good guy that's why I bought this from him in the first place but when he said that I bought it from another member and not with GTWERKS. Eventhough I paid this in full under his name. That's why he did not ship it through UPS. It just doesn't make sense.

Well anyways, after all's said and done Im glad this got resolved. I made a mistake by jumping the gun too early. That's why I apologize but I think it's still justified since the other party made a mistake as well.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by MBZAMG32
Wasn't it your idea to put this on the E55 forum???

Anyways, this has been resolved. Frank has sent me a pm right after I posted this.

I admit I might have jump the gun on this one but when I was told that they have not even left LA after a week that kinda pissed me off because I needed this bumper ASAP. If I only knew, I would have gladly paid extra to have it ship next day. I know frank is a good guy that's why I bought this from him in the first place but when he said that I bought it from another member and not with GTWERKS. Eventhough I paid this in full under his name. That's why he did not ship it through UPS. It just doesn't make sense.

Well anyways, after all's said and done Im glad this got resolved. I made a mistake by jumping the gun too early. That's why I apologize but I think it's still justified since the other party made a mistake as well.
lol jk
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by Aufretch55
That's the funniest little emoticon I've ever seen, and placed just at the right time... I literally just laughed my self silly. I never saw it in the "more" section.

Damn that little dude is funny!

Loren
Old 06-08-2006, 05:30 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
still waiting for the dispute on paypal to be cancelled..
Old 06-08-2006, 05:54 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by FrankW
still waiting for the dispute on paypal to be cancelled..
yeah, well, from the drama and over reaction going on, I'm going to guess he doesn't end that until that bumper is on his car...

that sucks. Then again, look at all the moral support you have. I don't even know you and now I like you better... so, this post completely backfired...

Loren

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MbWorld members READ THIS!!!