W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 E60 M5 gets his arse handed to him...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprise it came from you. You are the one who are lying. You said it in this post why you were banned.

I have to really explain it to you again: you were banned because you lied and said a M5 would beat an Enzo, just a flat out lie. There is your reason. If you want ot be unbanned you mail me and we take the discussion.

Two. I lied? Oh, that the RS4 was going on an airfield instead of a road. Yes, that is really a bad and non obvious lie.

At least after you do a personal attack on me you call me "Mr", that is some progress

I know how you are so I will from now on ignore you, because you and I will never be on the same page.

Originally Posted by zumbalak
At least you have not been banned from MBWorld for posting videos or voicing your opinion.

But your undeveloped primitive state of mind definitely bans many many MB owners from the m5board.

This is the difference between MB owners and m5 owners, and The Americans and the Swedes i guess. One side appreciates freedom of speech and has a mind light years ahead of those of primitive mentalities that do not appreciate freedom of speech and decide to shut any voice or opinion that is against theirs.

How many MB owners have you banned from your forum Mr. Gustav? And as we all know you have been caught lying red-handed by me about the m5 race against the modified rs4 a while back.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gustav, you banned me for STRONGLY disagreeing with the guy who said he beat an F40? Are you kidding? Although I love my AMG, I think I'm pretty objective when it comes to cars. I just want to go fast, I don't care who's doing the work. Be an a** on your own board.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sls, e63
derek, liked your comments- used to run the track at savannah many years ago. i don't think enough attention is paid to how VERY optimistic the bmw speedometers are, much more so than other german cars. also, my m5 was not faster than my pulley/chipped cls (with 030) and i think the handling difference, if any, was totally negligible. m5 is fine car but requires the owner to make too many accomodations to its idiosyncrasies.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Talking

FYI Derek you are not banned (and you havent been for several months) , you banning was a mistake.

Regardign accurate speedos, BMW M5 shows 270 km/h which is 260 km/h accordingto speedo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TpLnebTj54

Again, video proof. It is interestign that all the MB guys claim everything is fake and on the same tiime never produce anything to prove they are right
Old 06-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gustav
Surprise it came from you. You are the one who are lying. You said it in this post why you were banned.

I have to really explain it to you again: you were banned because you lied and said a M5 would beat an Enzo, just a flat out lie. There is your reason. If you want ot be unbanned you mail me and we take the discussion.

Two. I lied? Oh, that the RS4 was going on an airfield instead of a road. Yes, that is really a bad and non obvious lie.

At least after you do a personal attack on me you call me "Mr", that is some progress

I know how you are so I will from now on ignore you, because you and I will never be on the same page.
Gustav first off you need to learn what voicing an opinion actually means, seems like you don't know that, thus I give it to the fact that you are from Sweden.

I voiced my opinion and said that I think due to the 7th gear and the high rpm the m5 will beat the enzo in very high speeds. That is what I thought m5 would do. If you banned me for the reason and shooting out of your **** saying I lied, you should have banned the people in the m5 forum who said:

m5 would beat the f430
And there was a video posted that completely annihilated the m5 in UAE. It was so bad so nasty that the f430 literally put multiple bus lengths on the m5.
m5 would also beat f40
m5 would keep up with the gt40 or should keep up. The video that was posted proved otherwise.
m5 would beat murci

So here you go, losing your own argument. And no I don't want to be part of the m5board even though I will probably be getting a 6spd m5. I don't want to be part of a self-centered egotestical owner's group where majority of the people are delusional and think that a certain car is faster than the supercars on the road, where the owner of the board lies single-handedly about a race, and does not accept his lie until pressured and pressured by the catcher.

Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited by zumbalak; 06-15-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:59 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Again, video proof. It is interestign that all the MB guys claim everything is fake and on the same tiime never produce anything to prove they are right

Gustav anytime you want to race one of us to 120 mph let us know. Then we can put this to rest, your M5 is slower to 120, but faster up top.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by russjr
derek, liked your comments- used to run the track at savannah many years ago. i don't think enough attention is paid to how VERY optimistic the bmw speedometers are, much more so than other german cars. also, my m5 was not faster than my pulley/chipped cls (with 030) and i think the handling difference, if any, was totally negligible. m5 is fine car but requires the owner to make too many accomodations to its idiosyncrasies.
Cool Russ. My handling experience with the M5 was supurb. I was catching porsches in the corners, forget about the straights. As for street cars, it finished 11th overall in the One Lap of America this year ahead of countless Porsches, BMW's, Vettes, Vipers, and my E. I drove a Grand AM driver around Roebling in it and he couldn't believe it handled like it did and weighed over 4,000 lbs. Any, that's just the facts as I experienced them. In the end, it was still not as good looking as the E and my wife thought the SMG was too jerky.

Last edited by DerekFSU; 06-15-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Two. I lied?
Oh, no, you never, ever lied about anything, did you gustie?

Why, anyone can click on this link and see what a non-liar you are. You are so honest, it is, well, pathetic. As is also evidenced by this one:

Go back to your POS ****-run board, ***** for BMW, and censor all critics...you are about as popular here as a case of herpes, and about as attractive I'm sure.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-15-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
post #47.....

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...8&postcount=47

so many explanations, wrong shift mode, you didn't have 50,000 miles on yoru car..... etc....

Originally Posted by m52e55
yes. let's all eagerly await the "wait for the twities" post...was a m5 w/ Dinan tune driver before I came home to MBZ/E55-thanks all for leaving the lights on. "twisties" post-the only ones that matter, in this case, may be found at Dominos. make it a large (E60) with a medium "charge" per se.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Interesting read.....thanks for the link. Not to keep this crap rolling but when I went over to read the post about the guy who lost to an E55 it seemed like a normal thread...until he called people here pussies . Looks like some of the posters there are pretty narrow minded when it comes to anything other than BMW. The cool thing about this site is there are many folks who have multiple badass cars and post their honest input on them.Derek comes to mind with many of his posts. Thats the kind of info that makes for a good site. No lemmings around here hustling off to the sea !! Just my.02.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
For our Sweedish friends out there...

...I have taken the liberty of translating Gustav's rather dull English into Sweedish, with the help of the ever-useful Dialectizer website. So, for all of you Sweedish afficianados:

Originally Posted by dat trolling sveedish meathead Gustav, ya, dats fer shure, ya
Soorpreese-a it ceme-a frum yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Yuoo ere-a zee oone-a vhu ere-a lyeeng. Yuoo seeed it in thees pust vhy yuoo vere-a bunned. Bork bork bork! I hefe-a tu reelly ixpleeen it tu yuoo egeeen: yuoo vere-a bunned becoose-a yuoo leeed und seeed a M5 vuoold beet un Inzu, joost a flet oooot leee-a. Zeere-a is yuoor reesun. Bork bork bork! Iff yuoo vunt oot be-a unbunned yuoo meeel me-a und ve-a teke-a zee deescoossiun. Bork bork bork! Tvu. I leeed? Ooh, thet zee RS4 ves gueeng oon un eurffeeeld insteed ooff a rued. Bork bork bork! Yes, thet is reelly a bed und nun oobfeeuoos leee-a. Et leest effter yuoo du a persunel etteck oon me-a yuoo cell me-a "Mr", thet is sume-a prugress I knoo hoo yuoo ere-a su I veell frum noo oon ignure-a yuoo, becoose-a yuoo und I veell nefer be-a oon zee seme-a pege-a.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by Improviz
...I have taken the liberty of translating Gustav's rather dull English into Sweedish, with the help of the ever-useful Dialectizer website. So, for all of you Sweedish afficianados:
TOO FUNNY
Old 06-16-2006, 08:10 AM

Danks f' the, duh uhh, translashun, now I can finally be undehsood hehe. Great link! Doihh, COOL!

Old 06-16-2006, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Danks f' the, duh uhh, translashun, now I can finally be undehsood hehe. Great link! Doihh, COOL!

I can't even believe that such a translation site exists. Thank God for people with too much time on their hands.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by toro4me
better gearing of 7 sp and high revving helps big on highend.
oh **** look who made it over here first a benz, now mbworld, lol just playin. how come no woodear user name?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Here WE go again ....this war will never end...

Those who want argue, just do it via PM...

Derek...

You story proves that M5 is really faaast at higner speeds above 120...but in real life...Street race..Light to light E55 would have an advantage...that what is more important to ME...

We dont have proper 1/4 track and racing event dont heppand to often...I ussually go out in the evenings and find my enemies, race whenever I meet a powerful car...or sometime go to Night Street racing in 1/4 mile...its too much fun...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:36 PM

Guys another WIN for the e55 against the m5

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75067

I hope Gustav does not delete that thread or move it away in the m5board. And as usual some m5 owners seem not to take the defeat, and say things like
"m5 must be in p400 mode, there is something wrong with that m5"

and

"throw in the twisties and m5 is gone"

and

"m5 will beat the e55 on the road course"

I guess all these m5 owners are almost pro drivers, they track the m5 continiously and better drivers than any other that they will beat the e55. Sometimes I remember the 350z's passing the z06's on track, or the miata's passing the 350z's. All depends on the driver skill. But all m5 owners are born with mad driving skilz

Old 06-17-2006, 03:52 AM

Talking

Used the above mentioned translation link:

Uhhhhhhh, why wudd I mobe it, duh...uh...? I don't delete dreads whehe BMW M5 looses, duuhhhh, dis whoile dread is a proff of dat. I dgust ban peoble who cannot behabe 'n are unsehious. De P200 post by FKS was one of dose unsehious posts.

Originally Posted by zumbalak
Guys another WIN for the e55 against the m5

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75067

I hope Gustav does not delete that thread or move it away in the m5board. And as usual some m5 owners seem not to take the defeat, and say things like
"m5 must be in p400 mode, there is something wrong with that m5"

and

"throw in the twisties and m5 is gone"

and

"m5 will beat the e55 on the road course"

I guess all these m5 owners are almost pro drivers, they track the m5 continiously and better drivers than any other that they will beat the e55. Sometimes I remember the 350z's passing the z06's on track, or the miata's passing the 350z's. All depends on the driver skill. But all m5 owners are born with mad driving skilz

Old 06-17-2006, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
Gustav, you act like a such a little girl.... very nice censorship and zero sense of humor......

BTW, my post over there said "You must have been in P200 mode" I could have listed a dozen other M5 standard excuses.... "you're not properly run in, you need 10,000 more miles", or "you need to be in S6 mode", or "did you run with DSC", or "there must have been no turns", etc...

I think we need a letterman-like top ten list of M5 losing to ANY car excuses.....

Used the above mentioned translation link:

Uhhhhhhh, why wudd I mobe it, duh...uh...? I don't delete dreads whehe BMW M5 looses, duuhhhh, dis whoile dread is a proff of dat. I dgust ban peoble who cannot behabe 'n are unsehious. De P200 post by FKS was one of dose unsehious posts.

Last edited by Fikse; 06-17-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG/ 911 GT2/ 911 GT3
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Cool Russ. My handling experience with the M5 was supurb. I was catching porsches in the corners, forget about the straights. As for street cars, it finished 11th overall in the One Lap of America this year ahead of countless Porsches, BMW's, Vettes, Vipers, and my E. I drove a Grand AM driver around Roebling in it and he couldn't believe it handled like it did and weighed over 4,000 lbs. Any, that's just the facts as I experienced them. In the end, it was still not as good looking as the E and my wife thought the SMG was too jerky.
I agree, the M5 is quite a nice handling car, and given drivers with decent skill, the M5 will be the better car for twisties.

I have some experience driving Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes, and I can honestly say that the E55 is one of the worst handling cars I have personally owned after owning an E39 M5, 740i Sport, 996 Turbo and my current stable. I think the Airmatic is one of the stupidest things ever, at least with a standard spring and shock setup I can upgrade to a PSS-9 or a custom coilover setup. But it is comfortable for long trips and cruising around time.

As for passing Porsches, it is obvious you were the superior driver or you were dealing with Boxsters or 996 C2 or C4's. A decent driver in an M5 would have a very difficult time beating a decent driver in a Turbo/GT2/GT3, especially the latter two. With all due respect, even a highly modified E55 would get its *** handed on every type of track but a drag strip by a good driver in a stock GT3. If I'm not mistaken, One Lap was won by DaVia in his modified 996TT? And there are quite a few modified Porsches around that could probably beat Mark's car quite easily around the track.

In regards to the whole M5 vs. E55 debate, I personally think it's retarded... I think M5 owners are susceptible to pride just like E55 owners, and we tend to emphasize whatever qualities we think it will take to justify our own purchases. I once took a GT2 to an M5 fun run (since one of the board members had asked me to bring it) and one of the guys claimed that he could easily keep up with me driving my GT2, when I know for a fact that my friend in a GT3 had disappeared from him after a few corners a few weeks before. But hey, cars are kinda like rooting for football teams. Sometimes we defend them to a fault.

Now if only they would make an E55 with the CLK-DTM suspension... or just bring the CLK-DTM to the states...

By the way Derek, what mods do you have on your E55?

Last edited by Hamann7; 06-17-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
The constant quoting of track numbers are what gets me....

...I mean, admittedly, the M5 produces great track numbers for a two-ton luxury automobile, and thanks to its huge horsepower to weight advantage, trumps many sports cars. Absolutely, no doubt about it.

Having said that, anyone who buys this car as a track toy is an idiot.

Why?

Well, because if getting around a track in record time is one's primary concern, a two-ton luxury automobile has a few disadvantages.

The first being that it weighs two tons.

The second being that it weighs two tons.

And the third, of course, being that IT WEIGHS TWO TONS!

I mean, when these things came in at 75K or so, they were a relative bargain, but now they're starting to push the $100K mark.

And for just over $100K, you can buy a GT3.

Which will chew up, spit out, and **** on the track numbers of any of the cars being discussed here.

So, clearly, the M5 is a compromise.

Just as clearly, so is the E55.

Imo, the M5 is a bit too much geared (pun intended) towards the track, where it will likely see the least use. The E55 is set up more for the street, where it, like the M5, will see the most use.

By way of example, here is how the brand-spanking new M5's lap times compare with the 1999 Porsche GT3. The Porsche is ten secs faster at the 'ring, and two faster at Hockenheim.

And that was in 1999. Flash forward to 2003, and the gap grows, to nearly 20 seconds a lap at the 'ring and over three at Hockenheim.

And that is the previous GT3...a new one is coming out, soon, which will eclipse even those times.

Oh, and then there's the new Corvette Z06, which lists for about $10K *less* than the M5; it was tested at a whopping 5.2 seconds faster around Hockenheim....

In fact, so far the only production car I've been able to fine (I have not performed an exhaustive search, but I did hit the brands I consider likely to have been in this performance range) to have been tested faster around Hockenheim on street tires was the Carerra GT...but that's a bit more expensive than the 'vette. :-)

So, if bragging rights for track numbers are your number one concern, there are definitely better places to spend your money.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-18-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by JLP
Gustav anytime you want to race one of us to 120 mph let us know. Then we can put this to rest, your M5 is slower to 120, but faster up top.
+2
Old 06-17-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
I do agree in 1 point.. the additional passenger does hurt.. but not 3 car lenghts.
Actually, three car lengths would be pretty close. If you take a 4100 pound car and add an average sized man (say 175#), that car will lose about 1.5 mph in trap speed. That translates into 3 ft/sec slower acceleration, which, over the course of a 12-13 second race, results in about a 35-40 feet difference.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Im going to find out for myself whats faster.A close friend of mine has a new M5 and we are going to do some runs just to see whats what.As soon as we both find some free time we are going to do a few different runs.Both cars are completely stock.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:40 PM

sls, e63
improv makes a significant point, namely that these aren't track cars, but sup erlative gt's. on the track they, and the vaunted porsches are frequently trounced by simpler, lighter and more purpose driven cars such as evo's and their ilk. even on rough roads- not tracks- i found my 996tt and zo6 to be truly terrifying at speed in turns.