Stock RWHP numbers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Stock RWHP numbers?

With all of this talk about recall work and ecu's being reprogrammed at the dealer,I decided to make an appointment to have my car dynoed.What I need to know is what HP numbers do the stock cars put down?My car is at the dealer now getting some service work done.When I pick it up I will ask if the newest ecu flash has been done or not.

After we make a few runs on the dyno in stock form then it will be time to order a pulley/ecu kit.But I need to know what the average car is making in stock form first.The car should always be dynoed in dyno modeand in 4th gear only,correct?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
here are some dyno graphs, couple of stockers there:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...no-Sheets.html

expect about 400-420 rwhp....
Old 06-27-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Fikse
here are some dyno graphs, couple of stockers there:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...no-Sheets.html

expect about 400-420 rwhp....
I'll keep that in mind.I only saw 1 stock dyno run,Big Luvs 402?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Not sure if my car is sick or not.I had a bad time with heat soak,but it was my last run that was the best.This is with the latest MB ecu reflash.Car is completely stock.Car was in dyno mode and ran in 4th gear.I also ran it at the trak last night and it seemed fine but looks to be slower than other stock E55's out there.

396.52hp
476.60Tq
80deg
30.07 in-Hg
42% humidity
SAE corrected .99
AFR was 11.7 across the board.

Track yesterday evening.88deg.

60' 1.901
1/8 8.232
mph 85.82
Old 07-07-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Anybody have any comments on those numbers? How does my car compare to others?Anybody know?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
That looks to be a 12.50 to 12.70 1/4 mile run. If the car was hot you will pick up 2 to 4 tenths by letting it cool.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 PM

06' E55
Your HP looks a little low but your TQ looks very strong.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Problems is I never got to dyno it before the reflash,only ran it at the track.Ran the same times befroe and after the reflash.Im curious about the dyno power?I wonder if it was the same before and after.Heat soak on these things is way worse than I expected though.What this car needs is for a switch where you can run the IC pump and or the cooling fan while the motor is off.This would help out alot when sitting in the staging lanes.Has anybody done this idea already?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Problems is I never got to dyno it before the reflash,only ran it at the track.Ran the same times befroe and after the reflash.Im curious about the dyno power?I wonder if it was the same before and after.Heat soak on these things is way worse than I expected though.What this car needs is for a switch where you can run the IC pump and or the cooling fan while the motor is off.This would help out alot when sitting in the staging lanes.Has anybody done this idea already?
Yes, I have my ic pump wired to a 12v ignition source to do just that. The cooling fan is variable speed controlled by the computer. I can turn the max speed on but the fan sounds like it wants to go into orbit.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by rflow306
Yes, I have my ic pump wired to a 12v ignition source to do just that. The cooling fan is variable speed controlled by the computer. I can turn the max speed on but the fan sounds like it wants to go into orbit.
The reason Im curious is when the car was on the dyno today we had 2 large fans blowing air on the front of the car like normal.The heat exchanger for the IC was room temp,or colder.I even had a 20lb bag of ice on top of the SC and during the pull I could put my hand on the heat exchanger and it didnt gain much temp.Seemed to me it was too cool for the conditions.Maybe the pump is going out?

Is there a relay for the fan?Can it be ground with a swtich when the key is off so it can be ran when chosen too or does the computer control it all/no realy to get too?

Can you turn the IC pump on with an external added switch or do you just turn the key to the on pos and it will run then?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
The reason Im curious is when the car was on the dyno today we had 2 large fans blowing air on the front of the car like normal.The heat exchanger for the IC was room temp,or colder.I even had a 20lb bag of ice on top of the SC and during the pull I could put my hand on the heat exchanger and it didnt gain much temp.Seemed to me it was too cool for the conditions.Maybe the pump is going out?

Is there a relay for the fan?Can it be ground with a swtich when the key is off so it can be ran when chosen too or does the computer control it all/no realy to get too?

Can you turn the IC pump on with an external added switch or do you just turn the key to the on pos and it will run then?
There is a large relay next to the actual fan which when grounded turns the fan on at max speed. Activated by grounding green wire below, ignition on.

The relays in the engine compartment are not marked so you have to figure everything out on your own. For the ic pump i have a three way switch, off, on and ecu controlled. Below is were the 12v ignition source is located. I ran a separate relay and power supply for the johnson pump. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Stock RWHP numbers?-img_2850w.jpg   Stock RWHP numbers?-img_2848w.jpg