Sponsored by:

55 vs 55 w/ MB ecu reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Unhappy 55 vs 55 w/ MB ecu reflash

A month ago a friend of mine with a stock 55 (06) and I(05) ran our cars (drag)to around 130mph (in Mexico of course). The cars were dead even with mine beating him by a nose. Very similar in performance.
He had his service recall done last Tuesday (ecu reflash and secondary air inj) I spoke with him yesterday about my concerns with the recall(loss in power). He said there was no noticable loss. We decided to run the cars again this morning same place as we did before. From a dead stop we went at it. Same car settings esp on suspension comfort trans set at sport.We both had a good start but my car jumped out of the hole better! I had him by a quarte r panel thru second gear. Thinking to myself, this recall has really sucked some life out of his car. To my suprise his car was catching up! The gap narrowed and by the time it was said and done around 135 or so he had me by a quarter panel and passanger door! We slowed and decided to go from a roll 50mph. His car pulled slowly again. So either his car got faster or mine slower! I think my car runs stronger now than it did when I first got it. I wonder if this program gives us a few extra hp up top but takes away a little grunt down low?

We grabbed some coffee and compared notes. He was pissed that my car pulled away at the start but started laughing when he was gaining and passing me on the topend. Obviously, my reaction was the exact opposite.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Good to hear.Last night I took my car back out to the track to see if anything had changed.The first time I took the car to the track it went 8.25@92.3mph w/1.85 on stock tires.

Then I had the car serviced and they reflashed it and I had no idea of the reflash that was being talked about or did I know they did it when the car was there.Took it back to the track and it ran the same numbers as the week before.I got 4 runs in and every one of them was up agaisnt a guy in a 2005 GTO,every race was the exact same.Both cars were very close and the finish was the same every time.

Last night I went back out and the first 2 runs the times were .2 slower but the mph was still there.My 60ft was down as well 2.0's. I saw the guy with the GTO again,so we decided to line them up.The races turned out the exact same way as before.We raced 3 times and all 3 seemed like the week befores races.Aftre we were done racing,I was going over my times and noticed that my car had slowed down .2-.3 all night but the mph was still there,like the week before.Aftre talking to the GTO guy and also 2 others at the track,it seems they all had slower et's that night.All were off the same as mine,come to find out they had 3 seperate crashes last week after I left.Someone had said they think some of the lights got wiped out in the crashes.I know the mph at this track has always read 6 mph to the high side but it was still the same last night as before,so Im thinking the et's were off last night but the 60ft's might have been correct.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey J where are you located? Just curious.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
So Cal area.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Oh cool. Were you racing at Qualcomm last night? I live in Escondido.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by 05PewterE55
Oh cool. Were you racing at Qualcomm last night? I live in Escondido.
No,I went to Perris.They have an 1/8th mile track there.Not a very good track and it seems the numbers are off somewhat but its close for me.

Have you taken your car to the track yet?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I live in Rancho Bernardo, so I want to hit up the Q. Where is this Perris?
Old 07-01-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Well its far from being a nice track,the lanes are somewhat bumpy/rough...BUT like I said it is close for me,so that makes it worth the time to head over there.We usually have a group of us that go with all sorts of cars,makes for an interesting evening...LOL

http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/