W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Boost, IAT, 20lb battery, methly/H20 kit, Cut outs, etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by e55 baller
The jury is out if it became faster. Correcting to STD/SAE rwhp levels it appears that I gained 11rwhp from the methly.

Did you adjust your timing or boost? That's the only way you'll see a real gain from alky. What are you spraying, a combination of methanol and water? Straight methanol? Are you concerned about the corrosive properties of methanol?
Old 07-08-2006, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by WayneE
Did you adjust your timing or boost? That's the only way you'll see a real gain from alky. What are you spraying, a combination of methanol and water? Straight methanol? Are you concerned about the corrosive properties of methanol?
I've read that the meth/water misting done properly can acutally act as a washing adjent sometimes and maybe leave the engine's combustion chambers cleaner than normal.

I base that on no actual experience just what I read in this or the other meth/water post.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
I've read that the meth/water misting done properly can acutally act as a washing adjent sometimes and maybe leave the engine's combustion chambers cleaner than normal.

I base that on no actual experience just what I read in this or the other meth/water post.
When the water vapor enters the combustion chamber, it flashes to steam, which will do a fairly good job of keeping it clean.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by e55 baller
The jury is out if it became faster. Correcting to STD/SAE rwhp levels it appears that I gained 11rwhp from the methly. Last year "open" pipes illustrated a 11rwhp gain -- all at the high rpm levels. I had the shop also test the open pipes vs. closed 3 weeks ago and they said it didn't produce any measurable gains...I was not there so I am going to test the car out AGAIN:

1. No meth/closed
2. Meth / closed
3. meth / open
4. non meth/open

will take 4 runs but I can probably infer everything in 3 runs...then I will test H20 another day....

The cut outs did go bad on me....18 months from install they got raspy and it sucked. I just had them replaced. I got them from www.fcct.net and initially from http://www.rpmracinginc.com/index2.html

goto media>video's>CLS55 that is the difference in sound - closed vs. open...
Any updates on this? And what shop did you get your stuff done at? I'm sold!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
thanks fer the pics!!! Looks real slick...
Old 01-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
I posted a place to get SS cutouts. Do they help in any HP or just sound? Your mods are awesome and very nice placement. SLEEEEPER.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Merce-rati
how much did it cost to install those cutouts?, i bought a set of qtp cutouts from some guy in a parking long for a 100$ (brand new, prbly stolen) and just never installed it
Old 01-22-2007, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Any decent shop should be able to install the cut outs. I had RPM racing in Long Island do it, I think they are in Hicksville, LI now.

I still do not have the methly tuned. I am thinking the only shop that can do that near me has to be Hi Tech (Malcolms shop).