Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Airdam options??

Hi all,
what do I do with the front? I was lucky in a recent off road excursion and scratched up my airdam, so i will need it painted. The question is, do I:

1 - Paint it and get it back to looking awesome (I gotta say I love this car for some reason)

2 - Paint it and add a brabus lip

3 - Replace it with a full on aftermarket. If you say this option, which one. I do not like the double fog light look, but I kind of like the one on the Brabus EV12. I like the gills, but the AMG ones are too much for me.

HELP!!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Leave it

Originally Posted by jangy
Hi all,
what do I do with the front? I was lucky in a recent off road excursion and scratched up my airdam, so i will need it painted. The question is, do I:

1 - Paint it and get it back to looking awesome (I gotta say I love this car for some reason)

3 - Replace it with a full on aftermarket. If you say this option, which one. I do not like the double fog light look, but I kind of like the one on the Brabus EV12. I like the gills, but the AMG ones are too much for me.

HELP!!
<B> Leave it, it will get more scratched as you play, wait till there is some "real damage" Then replace the entire piece rather than painting the scratches each time.... Heck it happens no matter what. I replaced mine, well it actually was pulled off in a parking lot...but it was scratched, once it was pulled off I just claimed it on my insurance and got a new front spoiler and bumper out of it ..:-) <b>
Old 07-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hmm, I guess that is another option. The thing is that even with what happenned, the car is soooo clean (since i'm dumping the rims). That said, the least scratches make me feel like crap
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Hi all,

HELP!!
Option 2... Either Brabus Lip or Carlsson lip.

My return trip from Palomar ended up costing me a new front PS2 tire on the driver side...
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Option 2 - wait for Euroteck's new carbon fiber lip and see if you like it or not
Old 07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Option 2... Either Brabus Lip or Carlsson lip.

My return trip from Palomar ended up costing me a new front PS2 tire on the driver side...
Damn bro, sorry to hear it. Better the rubber than metal!!

How'd you like it up there? Car feel nice? I like the Brabus, but the Carlsson looks too add on to me.

Does anyone know when the Euroteck will be ready and if it will be a more seamless fit than Brabus in any way? Or is it just gonna be cheaper?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

AMGs
Damn bro, sorry to hear it. Better the rubber than metal!!

How'd you like it up there? Car feel nice? I like the Brabus, but the Carlsson looks too add on to me.

Does anyone know when the Euroteck will be ready and if it will be a more seamless fit than Brabus in any way? Or is it just gonna be cheaper?
I had two nice runs up/down... Car handled well in Sport II but nothing compared to the P-car, my buddy went up there w/me in the S coupe, we switched car on the way down... Good fun!

I am looking at the Carlsson lip... Should be a nice addition! Did you get the car lowered via STAR?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
I had two nice runs up/down... Car handled well in Sport II but nothing compared to the P-car, my buddy went up there w/me in the S coupe, we switched car on the way down... Good fun!

I am looking at the Carlsson lip... Should be a nice addition! Did you get the car lowered via STAR?

Dude, I could smoke some major butt in a Pcar up there. Man o man, I can only imagine. It was even fun chasing the lotus up there and seeing how agile he was!! Too bad 200hp just isn't enough .

No STAR drop yet. I tried to have it done once, but it didn't seem to move much, so I wasn't charged.
Now, another member here has an MB source in LA that he can turn me onto. His car was also done and it is by far the lowest STAR dropped I've seen. All he needs is fatter rims and wheels and it will be sick!! I was starting to think that STAR wasn't gonna cut it and was planning on copying JAY55's module. I still may, just because I want to be able to raise and lower it safely and at will.

How did you hang with the Pcar? Were you trying hard or just kickin it? I was being pretty aggressive when I went. My damn shoulder is still so sore.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Dude, I could smoke some major butt in a Pcar up there. Man o man, I can only imagine. It was even fun chasing the lotus up there and seeing how agile he was!! Too bad 200hp just isn't enough .

No STAR drop yet. I tried to have it done once, but it didn't seem to move much, so I wasn't charged.
Now, another member here has an MB source in LA that he can turn me onto. His car was also done and it is by far the lowest STAR dropped I've seen. All he needs is fatter rims and wheels and it will be sick!! I was starting to think that STAR wasn't gonna cut it and was planning on copying JAY55's module. I still may, just because I want to be able to raise and lower it safely and at will.

How did you hang with the Pcar? Were you trying hard or just kickin it? I was being pretty aggressive when I went. My damn shoulder is still so sore.
Jangy my car was over .75 inches lower before I had the shop foreman raise it back up a bit. It was just WAY to low for my taste at that level. From what I hear you can go pretty darn low with Star Diag. Not bad if u ask me!

I love how it sits right now and see no reason for a module at all.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Jangy my car was over .75 inches lower before I had the shop foreman raise it back up a bit. It was just WAY to low for my taste at that level. From what I hear you can go pretty darn low with Star Diag. Not bad if u ask me!

I love how it sits right now and see no reason for a module at all.

Dude, it looks MINT!! Perfect height. Yours is the only one I've seen that is that low with just star. I've seen a few w/ STAR AND washers, but I'd washer it before I did both.

We need to meet back up and have some fun. You and your buds were great fun and cool folks that are full of knowledge that complements my rough edge.

I'll definitely head up to Willow for some fun.

As for the air dam, I paid $120 to have it buffed and it looks pretty good. i can still tell, but you gotta bend down and look. It still bugs me, so I'll be fixing or replacing it soon.