Sponsored by:

S.CA the track is open July 15/16!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jangy
Great idea on the spectator fee, Ling. I assume you would charge by the car and not the person??
Either would work. If charging by the car I hope people don't try to be shady like they do at Qualcomm by stuffing people in the trunk. Yeah I know it sounds lame but Jay and I have seen people do it.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Either would work. If charging by the car I hope people don't try to be shady like they do at Qualcomm by stuffing people in the trunk. Yeah I know it sounds lame but Jay and I have seen people do it.
Do you guys head out to the Q anymore? I am ready to make some runs before I start to tear up my warranty papers (that damn BenzGal).
Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Yeah boy!! Get her DONE!!!

I'm in. Lets open it up anyway. I wanna see the others and have some fun. Just a bunch of AMGs would be boring compared to having it all.

Hey Loren, you have a paypal account?

Great idea on the spectator fee, Ling. I assume you would charge by the car and not the person??

I can do any evening, as long as I have some notice. Being unemployed works that way!!
yup, paypal... and a regular merchant account in our office we could use as well for those that just want to charge it and not go through paypal 101...

I think having a diverse group of cars is realistic and more fun. We need to name this thing, do it, do it right, create our little group, and then do it regularly. It would be a great semi annual / quarterly meet, for example.

"The Beasts of SoCal Invitational"

Loren
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Loren
yup, paypal... and a regular merchant account in our office we could use as well for those that just want to charge it and not go through paypal 101...

I think having a diverse group of cars is realistic and more fun. We need to name this thing, do it, do it right, create our little group, and then do it regularly. It would be a great semi annual / quarterly meet, for example.

"The Beasts of SoCal Invitational"

Loren
Heck yeah. Hmmm, now to get some sponsors to help. I can get a dealer to get us some goodies?? Lets see how the interest goes for the inaugural, but I am definitely down with a regular meetup and there are plenty of rides around here.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:20 AM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
It's gonna be packed! They usually have a limit on the number of cars so get there early. The wait between runs is usually about 90 minutes to 2 hours at CA speedway.
Count me in for the private group. Can't be sweatin my *** off waiting just to get couple of runs especially with this weather. My boy just got a new M5, we'll settle the beef then.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:03 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by JAY55
Count me in for the private group. Can't be sweatin my *** off waiting just to get couple of runs especially with this weather. My boy just got a new M5, we'll settle the beef then.
Exactly... I'd rather pay more and get more than pay less and spend a day watching the paint dry... ESPECIALLY out there...

Does anyone know how much time generally elapses between runs in events like this? I assume we could do two runs at a time, too. That figure would go a long way towards figuring out how many people we want there and for how long. I think any of us going there would want at least 4 runs, if not a few more. If we know the time between, and how long the rental buys us, we can easily and quickly figure out the ideal amount of people...

Loren
Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think with 50 cars racing we should get 2-3 runs, if not more, within that first hour assuming nobody has any incidents that causes a stoppage. The problem with running so many times is running out of gas.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
boys were are making progress here.

So this what we have so far.

1) we have a member willing to front the money for the track rental on a Friday night or even Thursday night (i doubt we can do a week-end)

2) we have somebody with a merchant account to take in debit/credit transactions. We just need their paypal address to send the funds.

3)we will open the invitation to other non MB cars

4)Sponsors are needed to provide goodies and promote their products

5) expectators are welcome for about $10

6)The only thing we need is the date availability and how many cars we really want to have. The number of cars will determine the final price.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by TopGun32
boys were are making progress here.

So this what we have so far.

1) we have a member willing to front the money for the track rental on a Friday night or even Thursday night (i doubt we can do a week-end)

2) we have somebody with a merchant account to take in debit/credit transactions. We just need their paypal address to send the funds.

3)we will open the invitation to other non MB cars

4)Sponsors are needed to provide goodies and promote their products

5) expectators are welcome for about $10

6)The only thing we need is the date availability and how many cars we really want to have. The number of cars will determine the final price.

I agree with all of that, but maybe we should make sure that Loren gets a little bonus for offerring to pony up the $$ and the merchant account.
I'd say he goes free at the least. Maybe the sponsors can throw in a little something for him as the fascilitator??
Old 07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
This is the final word from the track manager.

Monday-Friday only
9am-5pm only
10 car limit.
They will only run one lane,so no side by side racing.
$2500 up front and they need about 2 weeks advance notice.

Option 2.

Saturday or Sunday event.
9am-5pm
About 80 car limit or so
They will run both lanes.
$6500 up front BUT,this isnt even an option until late 2007 as of right now.The track does not have lights to run at night yet,they are working on the lighting project now,but once again its not going to be happening anytime soon or this year from what she said.If any money is to be collected from people attending it will have to be done by us,they will not do any of the ticket collecting for either options listed.

So think it over people.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Jrocket

Monday-Friday only
9am-5pm only
10 car limit.

Option 2.

9am-5pm
About 80 car limit or so
$6500 up front BUT,this isnt even an option until late 2007 as of right now.The track does not have lights to run at night yet,they are working on the lighting project now,but once again its not going to be happening anytime soon or this year from what she said.If any money is to be collected from people attending it will have to be done by us,they will not do any of the ticket collecting for either options listed.

So think it over people.

Why not another track?

I'd be down for a real track, too instead of a 1/4 miler....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Irwindale 1/8th mile.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1/8th = Not where an AMG car shines.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
If we want to think big, a friend of mine put together an event at CA speedway several years ago call NEOWERKS (google). They had a car show, bikini contest and 1/4mile runs that included grudge matches. They opened it up to all euro makes (tuner challange), which brought in about 200 cars and over 500 people. They used the entry fees to subsidize the track rental and insurance for the entire day. I think the cost was $75 for the drags, $25 for the show and $15 for spectators. Sponsor booths lined the outside of the track and provided lots of giveaways plus a DJ & band. To say the least, it was done right and everyone had a great time. Just a thought. Only thing I would change would be the date, it was held in August and it was very HOT.

BTW, my wife won the MBZ class in her ML55 bruising several m3 egos in the grudge matches. I took 4th overall in my M3t.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Im all up for the 10 cars for $2500.00 during the weekday.If it turns into a big production,vendors and all then we might not get to do as much racing and testing.Depends on what you idea of this event should be I guess.

10 people,$250 a car and we could make this happen towards the end of the year when it cools way down.I was out at the track last Saturday and Monday for work and the place is getting remodeled in the front area but the new drag track looked good.They also had some type of German car gathering going on,lots of newer VW's and BMW's,some Mb's but all I saw was one 210 E55.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Im all up for the 10 cars for $2500.00 during the weekday.If it turns into a big production,vendors and all then we might not get to do as much racing and testing.Depends on what you idea of this event should be I guess.

10 people,$250 a car and we could make this happen towards the end of the year when it cools way down.I was out at the track last Saturday and Monday for work and the place is getting remodeled in the front area but the new drag track looked good.They also had some type of German car gathering going on,lots of newer VW's and BMW's,some Mb's but all I saw was one 210 E55.
Single lane runs just don't do it.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I thought the E55 was great from a dead stop, that would imply that a 1/8th mile run would be good for us. I worry that an M5 can take me better by 1/4mile, no
Old 07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I thought the E55 was great from a dead stop, that would imply that a 1/8th mile run would be good for us. I worry that an M5 can take me better by 1/4mile, no
What I think he's saying is that going 84-86 in the 1/8th aint all that fun.

If you want side by side racing then its going to be bigger bucks and in late 07.IF we can get in then.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honestly, 1/8th mile events aren't all that difficult to find. We can just hit up Qualcomm if that's the case. It gets quite boring after a while especially after you top out. Sure it's great for practice to get your launch down and what not but after that it just leaves more to be desired. Races that last 7-8 seconds are just way too short.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dub Wars was last weekend.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:08 AM

05 E55

Monday-Friday only
9am-5pm only
10 car limit.

Option 2.

9am-5pm
About 80 car limit or so

So think it over people.
We do both... think about it. First, we practice and get the infrastructure of this group down... we do this sooner than later (hot or not... we can do morning or late afternoon, etc... I'm interested in getting hot figures anyway so I can compare them to cool figures a few months from now).

If it goes over well, each of us would then be given certain responsibilities for the big meet someday, we plan it, and that has a much better chance of going over well. Throwing this little group of 10 will establish who is really serious about doing this. So, even with a single lane, I'm down for 10 people to do this at $250 a pop.

JRocket, question? Is that the entire 9-5 or a period of set hours between 9-5? 10 car limit... what's the limit for spectators/ non-drivers?

So, let's start the infamous count of 10 cars... E55s get first dibs... we'll end up with Evosport versions, Renntechs, K2s, etc. It will be a great group to compare with and answer a lot of questions, hot or not. If there's only 8 of us, then we'll get some friends cars, etc... Hell, I know 9 people off the top of my head that would go!

Don't worry about me getting a free ride... that merchant account is collecting dust anyway, time to use it...

Let's see if we get to 10 or more then roll on this...

Loren
Old 07-14-2006, 05:13 AM

05 E55
Single lane runs just don't do it.
I think they're better than a 1/8 track... hell, I do the 1/8 almost every day when I get on the freeway! hehe.

yeah, it sucks not to have two lanes going... but think about
a) what cool videos we could make
b) how exact conditions would be to compare results and drivers, launch styles, suspension and tranny settings, etc.
c) how quiet and uncrowded it would be and
d) how cool it will be to run over and over.... like Magic Mountain with no lines...

Loren
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Old 07-14-2006, 10:23 AM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S.CA the track is open July 15/16!!!!