W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

K2 being "tweaked" - 457RWHp and climbing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Ken, I need a big favor and begging for you to not to take this the wrong way.

If you ever get a chance, would you mind throwing your car on another dyno that is not the Chris at C2 dyno just for kicks.

It just seems like every post that we get from people going to Chris at C2 is unusually high. This would be the 3rd or 4th (largest horsepower he has ever seen) post on the forum. C2 has a flawless record and his work is second only to the masters in Co Springs.

I was just curious as to what she would make on a separate independent dyno.

Believe me, I want you to have 490 rwhp, all of us want you to have 490rwhp....and if she pulls it on another dyno, I will eat my humble pie with just a touch a salt.

Here are a list of Dynojet Dynos in the FL area you can try if you need the info.

You don't have to prove anything to a schmoo like me I know, I just want to make sure that you have the most accurate information on what your car is putting down. If she rolls close to 490 on another dyno, you got yourself the highest hp K2 in America beside the God of Hellfire Gid_E_Up

Best of luck either way Ken....SOUNDS AWESOME!!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris did my car which dyno'ed at 460 rwhp AFTER the K2 mods. These dyno numbers are completely worthless in my opinion for anything other than a "before/after" picture and even then it's somewhat questionable. According to Kleemann's claims, that's still 30+ rwhp short. (https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=Kleemann)

There are people on here with 500rwhp and running 11.9. There's me with 460rwph who ran 11.65 and others even faster.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
EXACTLY!

I spend alot of time on the dyno because I use it to validate any changes I make to the car.. It tells me if something I bought is doing what it is supposed to or not. The number itself is irrelevant because on a day-to-day basis, and dyno-to-dyno basis, those numbers change quite a bit. What is important to me is the differential #'s I get going from one change to another.

Only way to know for sure if one car is stronger than another is to put them on the same dyno on the same day or line them up and run them down the 1/4 and see which one is in front.

All that being said, C2 is making some pretty bold statements... and, in my opinion, passing along some pretty high expectations to it's current customer (Ken). But, everyone knows that dyno #'s are a marketing tool, and that is how vendors & installers make their sales.

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Chris did my car which dyno'ed at 460 rwhp AFTER the K2 mods. These dyno numbers are completely worthless in my opinion for anything other than a "before/after" picture and even then it's somewhat questionable. According to Kleemann's claims, that's still 30+ rwhp short. (https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=Kleemann)

There are people on here with 500rwhp and running 11.9. There's me with 460rwph who ran 11.65 and others even faster.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Ken,

BTW, on your before & after dyno pulls that C2 did/is doing, make sure you get the CORRECTED #'s for both.

As far as my 80mm TB project goes.. It is at the dealer being installed as we speak along with revised pullies and 2006 supercharger clutch pack.. Should have updated dyno numbers by week's end.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Chapas is one of the most honorable folks with whom I have dealt in the automobile industry. While my above linked review of Kleemann from 04 showed some disapointment with Kleemann's claimed numbers, my experience with C2 Designs was nothing short of stellar. I can't speak to Ken's remarks about an additional 30hp from leaning out the AF, but Chapas and his brother do wonderful work.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by DerekFSU

100% correct. The dyno is a tuning tool and nothing more. The tuners need to stop posting flywheel horsepower.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:54 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Ken, I need a big favor and begging for you to not to take this the wrong way.

If you ever get a chance, would you mind throwing your car on another dyno that is not the Chris at C2 dyno just for kicks.

It just seems like every post that we get from people going to Chris at C2 is unusually high. This would be the 3rd or 4th (largest horsepower he has ever seen) post on the forum. C2 has a flawless record and his work is second only to the masters in Co Springs.

I was just curious as to what she would make on a separate independent dyno.

Believe me, I want you to have 490 rwhp, all of us want you to have 490rwhp....and if she pulls it on another dyno, I will eat my humble pie with just a touch a salt.

Here are a list of Dynojet Dynos in the FL area you can try if you need the info.

You don't have to prove anything to a schmoo like me I know, I just want to make sure that you have the most accurate information on what your car is putting down. If she rolls close to 490 on another dyno, you got yourself the highest hp K2 in America beside the God of Hellfire Gid_E_Up

Best of luck either way Ken....SOUNDS AWESOME!!
I can appreciate the ? and asking...But to be candid...The car runs so STRONG on the street that I'm not real concerned with what the DYNO says. I'm simply looking at the Dyno #'s to insure there is legitimate merit to the work being done and proper tuning with each mod. Chris may lean out the A/F....give me only 10 more HP, and I'll still be HAPPY with the K2mods!
The real proof will be the performance #'s in the 1/4 and that I'll know in the next few weeks......BTW-If I can get it done "conveniently" - I'll also get a local dyno done on the car once all my mods are done. (still think'n serious about larger TB)
Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Local Dyno

Kens, E-55
There is a guy in Stuart FL. 40 miles up the road from WPB. Whom I use from my Dyno testing . 3 pulls for $75.00 He just had it calibrated a couple of weeks ago
Bruce MacDonald / MacDonald Motor sports 772-283-3939. Let him know I sent you. I have a CLK 5.5 AMG
I've done 33 pull's at his place ___PTE___ Take care
Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by PTE
Kens, E-55
There is a guy in Stuart FL. 40 miles up the road from WPB. Whom I use from my Dyno testing . 3 pulls for $75.00 He just had it calibrated a couple of weeks ago
Bruce MacDonald / MacDonald Motor sports 772-283-3939. Let him know I sent you. I have a CLK 5.5 AMG
I've done 33 pull's at his place ___PTE___ Take care
Thanks for the info -
I have a place 200 yds from my "plant"/business that has a chassis dyno.
The place is "Japtrix" and is very reputable with the "riceburners" as a few of my employees frequent them. Anyhow-a second dyno is not an issue.
Will do it when the time's apprpriate and convenient.