Sponsored by:

another M5 bites the dust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55
Talking another M5 bites the dust!

on the way to dinner this evening,on the one or two days a week i drive my car;what do i see a couple cars back at the light.new M5 black w/black centers and polished lip,lowered, blacked out tailights ,window tint and if you can believe it smoked headlight covers.at first i thought it was an M3 because it was so damn blacked out couldn't see the headlights.it started jockeying for a position to get up next to me.once it did he started f..,.ng w/me at a 40 mph roll,big mistake!downshift to second he hit it first walked away from him like the first M5 i raced a while back had him two cars by the top of third,let off then braked and waved him up through my hand out the sunroof ended up racing him 6 times from a roll in first,second and third twice.same result each time,this dude wouldn't give up.last time from a second gear roll i didnt' back out of it until 140, at that point i had him three cars.and if you can believe this;he tried me again.so as far as them (M5) being faster at higher speeds,B.S. by the time he would catch me which he wouldn't have i would be bouncing off the limiter so i guess if he didn't have a limiter he would catch up.and once again my car is bone stock except for wheels/tires/lowering module,also confirms the ECU flash didn't have any reduction in power and also it was 94 degrees at the time;i hope this puts the M5 debate to rest.

Last edited by rbc55; 07-16-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
HAHAA!!!!!
And i thought the DB9 I ate on the way home was fun.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold
Nice kill. Had a similar experience with an M5 a few months back, who just didn't want to give up. Good times.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
RBC gets the dream kill!!!

On behalf of us all.....THANKS!!!!

Just proves for the 1,234,342th time that Gustav was nothing more than BMW propaganda. He sure made waves with those "M5 beats modded Benz" videos, but alas, the truth has caught up to him. Great marketing though by Bimmer. Underground internet street hype before a car hits the market.....a first for the Germans I think.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:34 PM

2005 e55
Smile

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
RBC gets the dream kill!!!

On behalf of us all.....THANKS!!!!

Just proves for the 1,234,342th time that Gustav was nothing more than BMW propaganda. He sure made waves with those "M5 beats modded Benz" videos, but alas, the truth has caught up to him. Great marketing though by Bimmer. Underground internet street hype before a car hits the market.....a first for the Germans I think.
man i have to say,it was better than sex;at least the one i ended up w/last night!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 PM

Family Sedan w/5.5 K
What is it with the BMW guys and their relentless pursuit to keep trying again and again? I had the same thing with a 645, need not mention the results of that slaughtering. I think, they figure, the different combination of trans setting, suspension and all the other settings will give them the advantage the next time. Like an addicted gamblers asking for one more roll.

Nice kill. MBZ/AMG, the only way to fly.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:18 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by 1mean55
What is it with the BMW guys and their relentless pursuit to keep trying again and again? I had the same thing with a 645, need not mention the results of that slaughtering. I think, they figure, the different combination of trans setting, suspension and all the other settings will give them the advantage the next time. Like an addicted gamblers asking for one more roll.

funny that you said that.i had rolled down my passenger window halfway and each time you could hear him downshifting to reach the proper gear to match his speed.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:32 PM

2003 E55 K1
I've been reluctant to take on a couple of new M5's I've seen recently because I feel power (2003 E55) is down slightly after recall. I haven't really had the opportunity to race, but I haven't pursued either. After a couple of WOT blasts on freeway, the car has felt stonger so maybe I'm ready for prime time. Stories like this give me hope.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Excellent kill!!
It is stories like this that make me so happy to be a proud owner of an E55. I must say that earlier this afternoon I was thinking about trading my car in for a CLS500. They look nice and I would shore save a lot of money on mods. I remember being in the stealership when I bought my car looking at a couple about to purchase the CLS500. I think they had no idea what an E55 was, nor that it cost more (until they looked at the sticker that is). Well I bought the E55, and I can only think that by the time I am done modding my car, I could have also bought the CLS500. Man.. This car is so addictive. Everytime I look I am pouring more money into it. BUT IT IS STORIES LIKE THESE THAT KEEPS ME SPENDING. I HAVE YET TO ENCOUNTER AN M5. AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HAVE HAD MY CAR FOR 8 MONTHS AND HAD ONLY 1 KILL ON THE STREET. A PORSCHE 911 CONVERTIBLE. WALKED HIM... BAD.. I DO ENJOY TAKING THE CAR TO THE TRACK THOUGH AND WATHCING THE EXPRESSIONS ON MUSTANG, CORVETTE, AND CAMARO OWNERS.

THANKS... AFTER READING THIS STORY I HAVE DECIDED THAT THERE IS NO WAY I WILL TRADE MY CAR IN FOR A CLS500. I AM GOING TO KEEP IT AND CONTINUE SPENDING MONEY ON MODS.....zoom:
Old 07-16-2006, 09:41 PM

05 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by 1mean55
I think, they figure, the different combination of trans setting, suspension and all the other settings will give them the advantage the next time. Like an addicted gamblers asking for one more roll.

Yes, yes they are searching for the one combination of the 1000+ they are offered with the SMG etc...that will beat the E55 beast...too bad it just wont work
Old 07-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Received 511 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
The only reason you beat him is because all that black-out shiit weighs a lot.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:01 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by Coalman
I've been reluctant to take on a couple of new M5's I've seen recently because I feel power (2003 E55) is down slightly after recall. I haven't really had the opportunity to race, but I haven't pursued either. After a couple of WOT blasts on freeway, the car has felt stonger so maybe I'm ready for prime time. Stories like this give me hope.
don't worry it's like taking candy from a baby,my friends e46 m3 supercharged gave me a better race than the M5 ,yet it's still fun to take it to them
Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
You guys have it all wrong........the BMW only had 500 miles on it so it wasn't broken in yet and the driver had it in P400 instead of P500s and his DSC wasn't in Sport but Lux and his SMG was also in the wrong setting as well......
haven't you seen Gustavs officially certified video????
There is NO way a car with 516 lb-ft torque could ever beat a car with 368 lb-ft torque
Old 07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Is this an M5's worst nighmare ?

Old 07-16-2006, 11:03 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by vader
right,but they won't be seeing the headlights after it' over; only the tailights.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Nice kill, I can't wait to pick up my car from the shop and eat some M5's for lunch.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Good kill...

Hope it works out the same for all other and their stock E55's will do same with M5 which has been broken in and on P500 S6 mode...

Only M5 owner who was beaten can tell US if there some thing wrong with his car...or NOT
Old 07-17-2006, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by JLP
You guys have it all wrong........the BMW only had 500 miles on it so it wasn't broken in yet and the driver had it in P400 instead of P500s and his DSC wasn't in Sport but Lux and his SMG was also in the wrong setting as well......

Lol, you forgot one.

"........And don't forget, he would've had you in the twisties, ..... ....."

Good Kill!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Good kill...

Hope it works out the same for all other and their stock E55's will do same with M5 which has been broken in and on P500 S6 mode...

Only M5 owner who was beaten can tell US if there some thing wrong with his car...or NOT
there wasn't anything wrong w/his car and i'm tired of hearing that B.S. excuse about whether or not they were in p5oo whatever the f..k mode,this is the second M5 i have done this to w/same results.if they were in the lesser power mode i would have had him by four or five cars and if you are stupid enough to initiate a race with me or any other w211 E55 in that lower mode thats your fault.by the way,what's wrong with his car is what is wrong w all E60 M5's.they are not as fast period,end of story!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:10 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
yes. bring on the twisties argument. believe more than a few would still fall like "Domino's"-make it a large (e60/m5) with a medium charge. friend of mine has amg and new m5. great guy, good knowledge and quite a car enthusiast; even he concedes the 55 would take the new //5 to 60 and 1/4 on almost every pull. he has driven both enumerate times and has no reason not to be straight forward based on his knowledge/experience.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rbc55
there wasn't anything wrong w/his car and i'm tired of hearing that B.S. excuse about whether or not they were in p5oo whatever the f..k mode,this is the second M5 i have done this to w/same results.if they were in the lesser power mode i would have had him by four or five cars and if you are stupid enough to initiate a race with me or any other w211 E55 in that lower mode thats your fault.by the way,what's wrong with his car is what is wrong w all E60 M5's.they are not as fast period,end of story!
great job representin'

I can't wait to hear the same story at the M5board. With the mods that car had, that must be a member over there.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM

'04 E55
Great job You wrote you did a roll from 40 and downshifted to second. When I did a roll from 40 too i downshifted to second and was pretty fast but when i downshifed to first the car took off much faster and there was no lag at all. Anyone else did a roll from 40 and downshifted to first?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:10 PM

Family Sedan w/5.5 K
Originally Posted by SamE55
Great job You wrote you did a roll from 40 and downshifted to second. When I did a roll from 40 too i downshifted to second and was pretty fast but when i downshifed to first the car took off much faster and there was no lag at all. Anyone else did a roll from 40 and downshifted to first?
I have and it feels like alot of abuse on the car. If I do, I try to match the rpm so it's not too hard into first. But if you want acceleration, my god, like a bat out of hell. Rather than the long flat torquey second, you eat up rpm's like a rotary, then into second and gone...
Old 07-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
What's with all this first and second crap? Why not just look over at whoever it is an PIN it? That is the beauty of our rides. No guessing, no having to have settings right, or powerbands on, or whatever. You just pin and it is GONE!!

I only use manual mode on twisties that I want it to hold a gear or to have fun. In a straight line fight, I do not use it all. I'd love to see someone step up and claim faster 1/4 mile times in manual mode.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking

Originally Posted by rbc55
on the way to dinner this evening,on the one or two days a week i drive my car;what do i see a couple cars back at the light.new M5 black w/black centers and polished lip,lowered, blacked out tailights ,window tint and if you can believe it smoked headlight covers.at first i thought it was an M3 because it was so damn blacked out couldn't see the headlights.it started jockeying for a position to get up next to me.once it did he started f..,.ng w/me at a 40 mph roll,big mistake!downshift to second he hit it first walked away from him like the first M5 i raced a while back had him two cars by the top of third,let off then braked and waved him up through my hand out the sunroof ended up racing him 6 times from a roll in first,second and third twice.same result each time,this dude wouldn't give up.last time from a second gear roll i didnt' back out of it until 140, at that point i had him three cars.and if you can believe this;he tried me again.so as far as them (M5) being faster at higher speeds,B.S. by the time he would catch me which he wouldn't have i would be bouncing off the limiter so i guess if he didn't have a limiter he would catch up.and once again my car is bone stock except for wheels/tires/lowering module,also confirms the ECU flash didn't have any reduction in power and also it was 94 degrees at the time;i hope this puts the M5 debate to rest.
Man it's painful! I sold my E55 1 week ago today in anticipation of taking delivery of my new E63 - about 30 days away from delivery. I got a fair price but this post really makes me miss her. Kinda like a woman that was so great but you just had to move on, You know what I mean? As I was taking the car to deliver it to the new buyer and I saw an M6, F&$k him, I wanted to just race that Fu$ker but I knew it wouldn't be fair to the new buyer. I'll go M5 & M6 hunting when I get the new beast (probably won't wait for the break-in period either!)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another M5 bites the dust!