Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen Sensor CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the same problem a week ago.. my dealer had to send the ecu back to kleemann to reflash it.. now it OK..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
............I don't think you understand this fully. ECU reflash part of the recall is just to prevent your check engine light from coming on and has nothing to do with fixing the relay for the secondary injection pump. The relay and the pump can be fixed as part of the recall and the ECU not be flashed. I hope this clears it up.

Ted
Ted, glad you cleared it up, but it is WRONG. The DTB is not a pick and choose opportunity. It is so irrelevent what is "needed" as deemed by you. Call MB and find out. Does that mean that some people can't find a slime ball dealer that will do as they want? Maybe. But, I can tell you that they do not run a check when your car comes in. It automatically POPs up when they input your VIN and it will stay as a flag until it is completed. You figure out what the potential is if your car goes in and you refuse the service and then something happens down the road.

Name a single dealer that is willling to NOT do it even when the VIN calls for it and I will verify. Just ONE!! In return, I'll turn you on to 10 dealers that will tell you exactly what I am saying. Hope that clears things up.

By the way, I just had mine in for servcie and I DID NOT need it, so mine didn't get flashed.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by jangy
Ted, glad you cleared it up, but it is WRONG. The DTB is not a pick and choose opportunity. It is so irrelevent what is "needed" as deemed by you. Call MB and find out. Does that mean that some people can't find a slime ball dealer that will do as they want? Maybe. But, I can tell you that they do not run a check when your car comes in. It automatically POPs up when they input your VIN and it will stay as a flag until it is completed. You figure out what the potential is if your car goes in and you refuse the service and then something happens down the road.

Name a single dealer that is willling to NOT do it even when the VIN calls for it and I will verify. Just ONE!! In return, I'll turn you on to 10 dealers that will tell you exactly what I am saying. Hope that clears things up.

By the way, I just had mine in for servcie and I DID NOT need it, so mine didn't get flashed.

..............I think you are arguing for arguing sake, so I'll leave it alone after this. Because a lot of people use this forum to get valuable information, I think it is important for people to know that they do not have to have their ECu flashed. Naming a dealer is kinda fruitless because this applies to all dealers. The car belongs to YOU ad you can refuse any service you elect to refuse. At worst if the service you refuse causes a warranty issue in the future then you loose the warranty. You will not be arrested if you refuse to have your ECU flashed. If you refuse a speciic service, each time you bring your car to the dealer, the service will pop up and the info that you refused it will also pop up. I have done this many times. Specific to the secondary air injection pump issue, I have 3 friends that have had the recall work done and informed the dealer not to flash the ECU. It was not even an issue. ECU was not reflashed. I'll leave this alone. You are mistaken, but I doubt you'll admit it.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 07-20-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
3 friends and no dealer names? If it is as simple as you say, the dealer will have no issue to NOT do it and to say so on the phone (please....LIABILITY!!) Help the fellow E55 members here and let them know where they can get such awesome service. Why is that so hard? Ignore me, but help them.

Here, I'll start. If you go to Hoehn Mercedes Benz in San Diego for servcie and "refuse" the flash, they will refuse the car. It is written up as a single "job", and they WILL NOT break it up. Period. Straight from the Service Manager's mouth. Your VIN will get flagged and it can only be removed by an MB authorized authority. It is not a code 9, but it is still not anything I want done to mine.

You are correct about it not being illegal, but what does this have to do with laws? We are talking warranty here, not law. Sure, it is your car and you have EVERY right to abuse it. Just do not expect MB to pay to get it back to snuff.

If I'm just arguing to argue, why do my points move on and add info while yours just get mad?? What did I do to you? Get off your horse and help if you choose to, but don't post info and then run away when we ask for details?

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Mercedes-...0011/1101.html

Last edited by jangy; 08-06-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
3 friends and no dealer names? If it is as simple as you say, the dealer will have no issue to NOT do it and to say so on the phone (please....LIABILITY!!) Help the fellow E55 members here and let them know where they can get such awesome service. Why is that so hard? Ignore me, but help them.

Here, I'll start. If you go to Hoehn Mercedes Benz in San Diego for servcie and "refuse" the flash, they will refuse the car. It is written up as a single "job", and they WILL NOT break it up. Period. Straight from the Service Manager's mouth. Your VIN will get flagged and it can only be removed by an MB authorized authority. It is not a code 9, but it is still not anything I want done to mine.

You are correct about it not being illegal, but what does this have to do with laws? We are talking warranty here, not law. Sure, it is your car and you have EVERY right to abuse it. Just do not expect MB to pay to get it back to snuff.

If I'm just arguing to argue, why do my points move on and add info while yours just get mad?? What did I do to you? Get off your horse and help if you choose to, but don't post info and then run away when we ask for details?

................You are funny. You are still going on about this. Not having your ECU flashed is not even an issue. Here, since you want a name. Mercedes Benz of Buckhead. Just tell them you have aftermarket mods and don't want your ECU flashed. Some dealers will even send your ECU to Kleemann to have Kleemann re-install the K2 program if they flash your ECU.

Ted
Old 07-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
................You are funny. You are still going on about this. Not having your ECU flashed is not even an issue. Here, since you want a name. Mercedes Benz of Buckhead. Just tell them you have aftermarket mods and don't want your ECU flashed. Some dealers will even send your ECU to Kleemann to have Kleemann re-install the K2 program if they flash your ECU.

Ted
Yes they will. Who pays when the ECu takes a dump? MB? Nope.

I'll call and ask about the flash. Do I need to lie and say that my car is heavily modded, or can I just say that I got a letter and that I only want part of the campaign performed??

Why do you and I go round and round when we don't even have an issue?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55

Ted
My car is at the dealer for the brake recall and secondary injection pump recall. I spoke to my service advisor and the mechanic and was assured, per my request that the ecu will not be flashed.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by rflow306
My car is at the dealer for the brake recall and secondary injection pump recall. I spoke to my service advisor and the mechanic and was assured, per my request that the ecu will not be flashed.
.............werd!!

Ted
Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.........Has MB confiscated your car or has an arrest warrant been issued for you for refusing the ECU reflash?

Ted
Old 07-21-2006, 07:57 AM

1979 911SC, 2001 E55, 1999 CLK430, 1993 190E 2.6
.........Has MB confiscated your car or has an arrest warrant been issued for you for refusing the ECU reflash?

Ted
lol,

There will be a new service position opening in all service centers accross america.
Mercedes Recall Officer.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Ted
Just be patient until he complains about power loss and see what they tell him. Hmmm, would MB just jump in and replace ahis aftermarket ECU, etc. to troubleshott the concerns? Hmmmm, if they do....you should be able to inform another member here who PAID $15,000 to return his car to stock!!

Hahah, aressted. Lol, Illegal!!! Hahaha. Just keep up your antics and please make sure you continue to laugh when your lil buddies get pissed about MB telling them to lick butt just because you need to boast. By the way, since you obviously know about MB warranties I assume you have one?

Haha!! Illegal. he said illegal..Hahahaha.. illegal. You are going to jail if you go to MB. haha jail!!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Ted may be you should try moving you secondary O2 sensors behind Secondary Cats...

They do this in AUS with simular headers ???
Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
[

[URL="http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Mercedes-Benz/1143878400000_1145516400000_2006030011/1101.html"]QUOTE]

Jangy,
Do you know where to find the affected VINs?
I ask because I recently had the relay fuse and burn out the airpump. Though the car was out of waranty they fixed it for free (after some arguing) but never mentioned this as a known problem.
I might add that a similar thing happened to the C32 I owned prior to this - must be more common than MB let on........or I'm just unlucky.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Ted may be you should try moving you secondary O2 sensors behind Secondary Cats...

They do this in AUS with simular headers ???
............I am currently in communication with Cory at Kleemann regarding a fix for the O2 sensor problem. So I'll wait.

Ted
Old 07-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by OzE55
[

[url="http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Mercedes-Benz/1143878400000_1145516400000_2006030011/1101.html"]QUOTE]

Jangy,
Do you know where to find the affected VINs?
I ask because I recently had the relay fuse and burn out the airpump. Though the car was out of waranty they fixed it for free (after some arguing) but never mentioned this as a known problem.
I might add that a similar thing happened to the C32 I owned prior to this - must be more common than MB let on........or I'm just unlucky.
Yes, you can go to the other pages from the link I provided. Just hit "next" at the top of the page.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Picked up the ride from the stealer this morning after the recall work. Hooked up my data-logger a block away and everything is perfect. Had to check just to make sure all the obdII data is still available.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Yes, you can go to the other pages from the link I provided. Just hit "next" at the top of the page.

Thanks Jangy.
Do you know what the difference between 211.076 and 211.276.?

I assumed the 211 was our E class 55s.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Picked up the ride from the stealer this morning after the recall work. Hooked up my data-logger a block away and everything is perfect. Had to check just to make sure all the obdII data is still available.
...........congratulations. I am glad your car is fine. In my case Cory was able to reflash my ECU and return it to stock thereby removing the software that Mercedes installed during the recall. Then he installed the K2 program. ECU is back on its way to me. I just want to make sure that others reading this forum know that they don't have to go through the same problems. They can do what you did.

Ted
Old 07-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by OzE55
Thanks Jangy.
Do you know what the difference between 211.076 and 211.276.?

I assumed the 211 was our E class 55s.

Ours is 211.076

Last edited by jangy; 07-22-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Bringing this back from the dead, I'm going to try a mechanical O2 sim this weekend and see how it goes.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
"G"
Banned

2005 e55 amg
Has anyone tried installing spark plug anti foulers?

Like this : http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931
Old 06-10-2008, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by "G"
Has anyone tried installing spark plug anti foulers?

Like this : http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931
Good find...I wonder if this will work on 65 cars as they only have 2 primary cats...Hmmm
Old 06-10-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Think I read (just went through this nightmare) that the ECU picks it up after a short time but works temporarily.

Just what I remember reading.

Only way I know of for a good fix is to have O2 sensors disabled/fixed through programming. Klee works great and still allows you to pass O2 emissions. VRP works great but car will not pass O2 emissions test. (maybe they have fixed since...but was the case in mine)