*** 70mm Stainless Exhaust Coming Soon!! ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Dave,

It's on its way back from the coating shop!!! I'll have it tomorrow by noon.

It looks incredible from what the guy told me.. He asked me all kinds of questions about it.. When I told him I had it custom made he was really impressed...

I'll snap some pics for you before I pack it up and ship it out to you.

Its a BIG box.. exhaust is 6ft long by 1ft high so you'll have a REALLY big present arriving at your door.

Originally Posted by Mad TKD
dammmm nice cant wait. I will probably get a stock dyno done sometime next week. Then of course dynos after the exhaust and intake
Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool thanks Vrus,

BTW I will have to make a extension on the wire right for the O2 sensors?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yup.. You need to get the wires lengthened for the O2 sensors. I am pretty sure they are a 2 wire system and not 3...

cool thanks Vrus,

BTW I will have to make a extension on the wire right for the O2 sensors?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Mad TKD,

Sorry buddy.. I have to delay the shipment...

Yesterday they finished the coating, but the bottom had scratches all over it and I wasnt willing to accept it as is. While it was inside the oven, they must have dragged it around or something because it was all marked up..

I told them to re-coat it. Since they are closed on Saturday, it wont be ready until Monday now. They are also out of town from where I am, so I told them they will have to drop-ship it directly to you in order to make up for lost time.

I will follow up on Monday morning and make sure it is packed and ready to go.

Sorry about this, but, I want it to be perfect before you get it.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 PM

no worries Victor
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Your exhaust shipped yesterday via UPS.. I emailed you the tracking #..

I didnt get a chance to snap some pics of the finished product so please snap some for me when you receive it and email or post them for us.

Hope you like it! Let me know once you get it.

no worries Victor
Old 09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by vrus
Your exhaust shipped yesterday via UPS.. I emailed you the tracking #..

I didnt get a chance to snap some pics of the finished product so please snap some for me when you receive it and email or post them for us.

Hope you like it! Let me know once you get it.
Can't wait to see some dyno numbers!..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 PM

Dyno numbers will follow probably next week. I still have yet to do a baseline after getting my Intercooler pump fixed.

Hopefully i can get the baseline done this week. Then next week with the exhaust.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Finnally got the exhaust today. Will hopefully dyno stock this week and after this week too. I will also post some before sound and after sound with the car on the road. I am gonna have some flim it while i get on it

can you not post pics anymore?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry it took so long David.. UPS quoted us 3 days to get it to you.. It ended up taking the long way across the USA... I cant beleive how many stops it made before it reached you (based on what I saw by looking at the tracking history).

Look forward to your feedback once you get it installed.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:06 PM

Ok just came back from the dyno. Had a hard time with the limiter but it looks like roughly 410rwhp with 450rwtq. This is my second time dynoing this car. First time was roughly 360rwhp. This was with a bad IC pump. So the car is pretty healthy. Also my car has had the service recall air injection pump thingy too.

I am waiting on my mechanic who is gone for a week. He will be installing it and I really only trust him to do the work.

Stay posted

BTW it was a dyno dynamics dynamometer and the last pull is what gave me the highest number(shocked). It will be dynoed on the same dyno after install of every mod. Mods planed are in this order. 1. exhaust 2. intake (vrus special) 3. renntech ecu and pully.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Ok just came back from the dyno. Had a hard time with the limiter but it looks like roughly 410rwhp with 450rwtq. This is my second time dynoing this car. First time was roughly 360rwhp. This was with a bad IC pump. So the car is pretty healthy. Also my car has had the service recall air injection pump thingy too.

If those are stock #'s - then your car is Healthy and "dead-on" for stock.
Mine stock before the K2 was 411/441 - so your good!(again -if stock)
Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 PM

Yes Ken Let me make sure everyone understands this is a stock dyno.

Looks to be spot on with everyone else
Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
dsc

2004 E55

I am waiting on my mechanic who is gone for a week. He will be installing it and I really only trust him to do the work.

Stay posted

BTW it was a dyno dynamics dynamometer and the last pull is what gave me the highest number(shocked). It will be dynoed on the same dyno after install of every mod. Mods planed are in this order. 1. exhaust 2. intake (vrus special) 3. renntech ecu and pully.

Mad TKD, what gear did you do the pull in. What rpm did you go up to? I'm using a dyno dynamics dynamometer and I just want to see if we are doing it the same way. My best pull with K2 was 430 rwhp. This was in 3rd gear before auto-upshift, Trans in M mode & car in dyno mode. We tried 4th but the car kept exceeding the dyno'd mph.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by dsc
My best pull with K2 was 430 rwhp.
Your K2 seems low. My K2 put down 475rwhp / 549rwtq.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
I second that.
My K2 without any ECU tweaks/adjustments and running a little rich put down 457Hp right from the "get-go"--should be higher, now that the ECU has adapted my driving habits
Old 09-19-2006, 11:34 PM

Well Ken i did the following

put car in M mode, dyno mode and ran it up to 4th gear and about 40 mph. Then floored it and went past the 160 posted on the speedo. I dont have the dyno in front of me but it was some where in the 5300rpm range i think. I will check it tommorow. This dyno is supposed to be able to go to 180+ , its upgraded from the 155. They just got it about a month ago.

Is it me or are the K2 cars running strange lately?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i

Is it me or are the K2 cars running strange lately?
What makes you say that.... I think my K2 is running stronger than ever.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
The dynodynamics dyno reads lower than the dyno jet. Dynodynamics readings are closer to Mustang Dyno. Oddly enough both mustang and dynodynamics new software now can display a calculated dynojet output. The only problem is the operator can change the percentage difference.

Last edited by rflow306; 09-19-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 PM

SLK32
VRUS -- Been on vacation which is the reason for the slow response. Big question is if I can come up with the money do you have everything else needed to make a jig of the exhaust? Do you have an SLK32 to use?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I'll tell you what.. I'll find the car to use for the prototype if you can find a group of guys that are willing to buy it. You organize the group and I'll do the work to get the product made for you guys. My fabricator is willing to do anything as long as he can make money... LOL..

Originally Posted by 430
VRUS -- Been on vacation which is the reason for the slow response. Big question is if I can come up with the money do you have everything else needed to make a jig of the exhaust? Do you have an SLK32 to use?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
I was just told that this 2.75" version is HALF the weight of the 3" I originally built... HALF!!!

We also changed the design of the H-pipe..

Here are a couple of quick pics of what is getting installed later this afternoon.

vic i'm surprised you went with an H-pipe setup vs an X-pipe setup in your system. Here's a good read on why I think the x-pipe is better:
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles..._installation/

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles.../photo_10.html

Good pics and HP #'s

H-Pipe, X-Pipe, 1, 2, 3...
An Exhaust System Based On A Universal X-Pipe Crossover And A Pair Of Stainless Steel Street Series Mufflers

By Matthew King
Photography: Matthew King

Do you really need an exhaust system on your car? That’s a good question. If you have neighbors, drive it on public streets anywhere there are cops, or race it on virtually any NHRA track in the country, the answer is probably yes. Will it cost you power compared to open headers? Although that answer is also frequently yes, it can be no with the right system.
We’ve been running open headers on our ’86 Mustang project car since day one because it was the easiest thing to do and it seemed cool. It was also brutally loud, but it did pass muster at our local track because Los Angeles County Raceway doesn’t enforce a 95-decibel rule or require mufflers like many “street-legal” drag programs do. However, we always wondered if the open headers were costing us a little low-end torque due to a lack of backpressure. To find the answer, we took the car to Magnaflow Performance Exhaust’s research and development center. After discussing our combination and the way the car is used (100 percent at the track), Magnaflow built a system based on its universal X-pipe crossover and a pair of its stainless steel street series mufflers.

For any performance exhaust system, some type of crossover connecting the two sides of a dual exhaust system is important because it acts to balance the two banks of the engine. The common H-style crossover is good at balancing sound pulses between the two halves, but does little to promote scavenging because the exhaust gases tend to follow the path of least resistance, which is straight through each pipe rather than taking the 90-degree turn through the H-pipe into the other half of the system. In an X-pipe system, however, where the two sides of the system intersect, the gasses have no choice but to intermingle as they pass through the junction. This promotes improved scavenging effects by smoothing out uneven exhaust pulses from the engine’s firing order. It also helps quiet down the exhaust, resulting in a mellower, less raspy tone. According to Magnaflow, the faster acceleration of the gasses through an X-pipe causes them to flow in a linear fashion parallel to the walls of the tubing rather than tumbling. This “laminar” flowing gas is much quieter than tumbling gas, resulting in an exhaust tone up to 8 decibels quieter than a traditional H-pipe.

We left the car at Magnaflow for about a week, and when we came back we found that after some preliminary testing, the guys had built a really trick system consisting of 2-½-inch tubing from the header collectors into the X-pipe, 3-inch out of the X flaring into 3½-inch tubing running for about 26 inches before necking back down into a pair of 3-inch mufflers with turn-downs. The theory behind this design is that it will keep the velocity of the exhaust gases moving quickly through the headers into the X-pipe to maximize the scavenging effect, while the larger-diameter tubing ahead of the mufflers prevents the gasses from stacking up as they pass through the mufflers to avoid excessive backpressure in the system.

Sounds good, but would it work? To find out, we tested three exhaust-system configurations on Magnaflow’s in-house Dynojet. For a baseline, we ran the car with open headers and saw 333 hp at 6,300 rpm and 304 lb-ft of torque at 5,200 at the rear wheels. Next, we ran a 2-½-inch bolt-together system consisting of a BBK short off-road H-pipe designed to fit the company’s full-length headers connected to a set of race-type 2-½-inch welded mufflers with turndowns. Our Mustang’s carbureted 302 didn’t like this combo, as power fell to 323 hp at 6,300 rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque at 5,200. The increased backpressure also richened up the air/fuel mixture by about two carburetor jet sizes.

Finally, we swapped on the stepped X-pipe setup and were impressed to see power levels equal to the open headers: 335 hp at 6,300 hp and 302 lb-ft at 5,200. That’s a gain of 12 rear-wheel horsepower, although it turns out we weren’t really giving anything up or gaining anything extra from the open headers. So the car’s happy, and our ears are even happier
!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-25-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
I'll tell you what.. I'll find the car to use for the prototype if you can find a group of guys that are willing to buy it. You organize the group and I'll do the work to get the product made for you guys. My fabricator is willing to do anything as long as he can make money... LOL..
I'm interested in buying.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
There are 3 wires on O2 sensoors....entend them one by one and make sure you entend the long enough to be able to hide the porperly other wise the could get burned from ht exhaust heat...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
vic i'm surprised you went with an H-pipe setup vs an X-pipe setup in your system. Here's a good read on why I think the x-pipe is better:
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles..._installation/

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles.../photo_10.html

Good pics and HP #'s

H-Pipe, X-Pipe, 1, 2, 3...
An Exhaust System Based On A Universal X-Pipe Crossover And A Pair Of Stainless Steel Street Series Mufflers

By Matthew King
Photography: Matthew King

Do you really need an exhaust system on your car? That’s a good question. If you have neighbors, drive it on public streets anywhere there are cops, or race it on virtually any NHRA track in the country, the answer is probably yes. Will it cost you power compared to open headers? Although that answer is also frequently yes, it can be no with the right system.
We’ve been running open headers on our ’86 Mustang project car since day one because it was the easiest thing to do and it seemed cool. It was also brutally loud, but it did pass muster at our local track because Los Angeles County Raceway doesn’t enforce a 95-decibel rule or require mufflers like many “street-legal” drag programs do. However, we always wondered if the open headers were costing us a little low-end torque due to a lack of backpressure. To find the answer, we took the car to Magnaflow Performance Exhaust’s research and development center. After discussing our combination and the way the car is used (100 percent at the track), Magnaflow built a system based on its universal X-pipe crossover and a pair of its stainless steel street series mufflers.

For any performance exhaust system, some type of crossover connecting the two sides of a dual exhaust system is important because it acts to balance the two banks of the engine. The common H-style crossover is good at balancing sound pulses between the two halves, but does little to promote scavenging because the exhaust gases tend to follow the path of least resistance, which is straight through each pipe rather than taking the 90-degree turn through the H-pipe into the other half of the system. In an X-pipe system, however, where the two sides of the system intersect, the gasses have no choice but to intermingle as they pass through the junction. This promotes improved scavenging effects by smoothing out uneven exhaust pulses from the engine’s firing order. It also helps quiet down the exhaust, resulting in a mellower, less raspy tone. According to Magnaflow, the faster acceleration of the gasses through an X-pipe causes them to flow in a linear fashion parallel to the walls of the tubing rather than tumbling. This “laminar” flowing gas is much quieter than tumbling gas, resulting in an exhaust tone up to 8 decibels quieter than a traditional H-pipe.

We left the car at Magnaflow for about a week, and when we came back we found that after some preliminary testing, the guys had built a really trick system consisting of 2-½-inch tubing from the header collectors into the X-pipe, 3-inch out of the X flaring into 3½-inch tubing running for about 26 inches before necking back down into a pair of 3-inch mufflers with turn-downs. The theory behind this design is that it will keep the velocity of the exhaust gases moving quickly through the headers into the X-pipe to maximize the scavenging effect, while the larger-diameter tubing ahead of the mufflers prevents the gasses from stacking up as they pass through the mufflers to avoid excessive backpressure in the system.

Sounds good, but would it work? To find out, we tested three exhaust-system configurations on Magnaflow’s in-house Dynojet. For a baseline, we ran the car with open headers and saw 333 hp at 6,300 rpm and 304 lb-ft of torque at 5,200 at the rear wheels. Next, we ran a 2-½-inch bolt-together system consisting of a BBK short off-road H-pipe designed to fit the company’s full-length headers connected to a set of race-type 2-½-inch welded mufflers with turndowns. Our Mustang’s carbureted 302 didn’t like this combo, as power fell to 323 hp at 6,300 rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque at 5,200. The increased backpressure also richened up the air/fuel mixture by about two carburetor jet sizes.

Finally, we swapped on the stepped X-pipe setup and were impressed to see power levels equal to the open headers: 335 hp at 6,300 hp and 302 lb-ft at 5,200. That’s a gain of 12 rear-wheel horsepower, although it turns out we weren’t really giving anything up or gaining anything extra from the open headers. So the car’s happy, and our ears are even happier
!
hey vrus way to go in getting together some aftermarket parts so some of these selfish savages will rethink the mb tax. just back up your shi% with some dynos and those scumbags who overcharge will take notice! there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason ANY exhaust should cost 9-$12,000. PUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEE!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 70mm Stainless Exhaust Coming Soon!! ***