*** 70mm Stainless Exhaust Coming Soon!! ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** 70mm Stainless Exhaust Coming Soon!! ***

You guys know I've been working on a stainless exhaust for an eternity...

The first version I built was 3" with 2 x 100cell race cats. It was a bit of overkill.. It worked great and provided good power but it was bigger than needed and I didnt quite like the sound.. 2.75" seems to be the optimal exhaust diameter on this car anyways... SO... back to the drawing board once more...

This new version is a much improved reincarnation of my original idea. A good friend of mine has a shop that builds custom exhaust systems for all types of cars. He is currently in the process of building me the ultimate mid-section exhaust..

Here are the features:

- Mid section exhaust which will bolt up to the stock headers or Evosport Shorty headers (I am not sure what the Renntech shorty headers look like, but if they use the stock bracket it will work with them also) and also bolts up to the stock rear mufflers. It is a direct bolt-in requiring no welding, cutting or mangling of the stock exhaust.

- Full 304 stainless steel including tubes, clamps, O2 bungs, bolts

- Supports 0, 2 or 4 catalytic converters (100cell count each)

- The catalytic converters will be a quick connect/disconnect with clamps so you can run whatever configuration you want: 2 cats, 4 cats or NO CATS! This is accomplished by unbolting the brackets that hold the cats in place and replacing them with the supplied stainless steel tubes. WHAMO.. In 5 min you can go from 2 cats to full straight pipes.. When you have to do emissions tests or just want everything quiet, you can put all 4 cats back on..

- Full system will be ceramic coated for longevity and thermal efficiencies

I paid to have a jig built so that this can be re-copied for anyone else that wants one.

It should be completed within the next week to week and a half. Pics to follow VERY shortly..
Old 07-26-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
SWEET .. Cant wait!!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Are O2 sims available for these cars and do they work, for those who would like to run without cats??
Old 07-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by GTA23109a
Are O2 sims available for these cars and do they work, for those who would like to run without cats??
+1

And a separate word of thanks for your R&D on these cars. I am new to the German tuning scene but have already been shocked into submission by the price of mods for our cars.
Any wallet-friendly alternatives are welcome and appreciated.

W
Old 07-26-2006, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Hey Vic,

How in the name of god... do you get time to pursue all these projects for the E55K cars.?

I glad you do, but there's only 24 hrs in a day...{;>)...

MachC5

Originally Posted by vrus
You guys know I've been working on a stainless exhaust for an eternity...

The first version I built was 3" with 2 x 100cell race cats. It was a bit of overkill.. It worked great and provided good power but it was bigger than needed and I didnt quite like the sound.. 2.75" seems to be the optimal exhaust diameter on this car anyways... SO... back to the drawing board once more...

This new version is a much improved reincarnation of my original idea. A good friend of mine has a shop that builds custom exhaust systems for all types of cars. He is currently in the process of building me the ultimate mid-section exhaust..

Here are the features:

- Mid section exhaust which will bolt up to the stock headers or Evosport Shorty headers (I am not sure what the Renntech shorty headers look like, but if they use the stock bracket it will work with them also) and also bolts up to the stock rear mufflers. It is a direct bolt-in requiring no welding, cutting or mangling of the stock exhaust.

- Full 304 stainless steel including tubes, clamps, O2 bungs, bolts

- Supports 0, 2 or 4 catalytic converters (100cell count each)

- The catalytic converters will be a quick connect/disconnect with clamps so you can run whatever configuration you want: 2 cats, 4 cats or NO CATS! This is accomplished by unbolting the brackets that hold the cats in place and replacing them with the supplied stainless steel tubes. WHAMO.. In 5 min you can go from 2 cats to full straight pipes.. When you have to do emissions tests or just want everything quiet, you can put all 4 cats back on..

- Full system will be ceramic coated for longevity and thermal efficiencies

I paid to have a jig built so that this can be re-copied for anyone else that wants one.

It should be completed within the next week to week and a half. Pics to follow VERY shortly..
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yeah.. This particular project has been going on almost as long as the water/meth injection.. Damnit... Need to see this finished finally.

Originally Posted by Griffin337
SWEET .. Cant wait!!
Rflow has been experimenting with them for a while.. It seems that the ECU does an O2 "test" once a week and throws the check engine light at that point. He resets and it comes back a couple of days later. So, no real solution right now..

I know that the O2 can be disabled via ECU programming. Kleemann charges $200 to do this. I am hoping to have the ECU programming hardware/software and then will really be able to play.

Originally Posted by GTA23109a
Thanks! If you own one of these cars, you really have 2 choices, 1) Buy whatever is available for the price that is demanded, OR 2) Reinvent the wheel and make it yourself.. I usually choose the latter if the cost/benefit ratio is in my favour.

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
And a separate word of thanks for your R&D on these cars.
hahaha... It's simple.. I don't sleep! I am usually up most of the night.. My mind doesn't stop unfortunately so it makes it difficult to relax and fall asleep like normal people. That, and I have found a good group of people that are willing to help with my crazy ideas... I dream them up late at night, and then, I pass along tasks to other people that specialize in what needs to be done.

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Hey Vic,

How in the name of god... do you get time to pursue all these projects for the E55K cars.?

I glad you do, but there's only 24 hrs in a day...{;>)...

MachC5
Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Vic is a machine.

Goddamn why can't we have a guy like him in the w220 forum. I end up spending all my time in here, where I don't even belong.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the kind words!

You belong here just as much as the next guy! We are all MB guys.. Just so happens that all the crazy mod addicts drive E55s that's all..

Originally Posted by newton22
Vic is a machine.

Goddamn why can't we have a guy like him in the w220 forum. I end up spending all my time in here, where I don't even belong.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
amen...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:07 PM

E55
Vic - as soon as you can -pics- please (I know these are a while away but they always make the sale for me )

I would be very interested in getting this - of course we need HP figures too (we are a skeptical lot aren't we - or is that just me?)

And let me add my thanks to all the others - even if some never use the mods knowing you are actively making these is comforting news that the E55 is alive and well to all modifiers out there.

Thanks
SS3E55
Old 07-31-2006, 12:47 AM

2004 E55
Ahh ha! Well i forgot my old password and user id, so i finally got off my *** to register again!

Sneaky sneaky Vic, guys for what it's worth Vic is one serious racer! Been talking with him about CNC cylinder head programs, different exhaust set ups, rear gear ratios and so much more!

Yes my car is totally stock!

Last edited by Bone Stock; 07-31-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
What size is stock E55 exhaust...63mm ???
Old 07-31-2006, 03:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bone Stock
Ahh ha! Well i forgot my old password and user id, so i finally got off my *** to register again!

Sneaky sneaky Vic, guys for what it's worth Vic is one serious racer! Been talking with him about CNC cylinder head programs, different exhaust set ups, rear gear ratios and so much more!

You forgot both your old password and your old username?
I'll try an IP search to help you out.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
You forgot both your old password and your old username?
I'll try an IP search to help you out.
Was Bleek your old sn?
https://mbworld.org/forums/members/24886-bleek.html
I checked the profile, also in Canada.
If that's also you, let me know and I can merge the two accounts for you
Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by M5 RUS

Another question...If I install headers, may be I should make pipes from them 70mm as well to Secondary cats and then to exhausts ??? Will this make more power ???

Victor...

Cory told ME that that most restrictive part in E55 exhausts is Headers and Primary Cats, therefore rest of the exhaust wont make anymore power...
Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Will do for sure!! We were waiting for a shipment of the stainless material... The jig was made over the weekend so this week should be assembly. I'll try to stop by mid week and take some progress pics.

Originally Posted by SS3E55
Vic - as soon as you can -pics- please (I know these are a while away but they always make the sale for me )

I would be very interested in getting this - of course we need HP figures too (we are a skeptical lot aren't we - or is that just me?)

And let me add my thanks to all the others - even if some never use the mods knowing you are actively making these is comforting news that the E55 is alive and well to all modifiers out there.

Thanks
SS3E55
Oh crap!! You found me... NOOOO!!! You weren't supposed to see my secret project/weapon. I was going to finish it, install it, and give you *** 6 CARS ***... HAHAHAHAHAH...

Headers and downpipes are 63.5mm.. They are expanded out into 70mm at the first catalytic converter and are 70mm from there back if I am not mistaken.

Ricky.. Can you block his account so he cant read any of my posts and see what I am up to????? LOL.. Dont want him seeing any of my secret projects..

Was Bleek your old sn?
Your headers are most likely made to mate up to stock exhaust at 63.5mm. Your exhaust is already at 70mm after the primary cats so if you cut out the primaries, you will accomplish that already.

I have not tested what Cory said, but Cory did say that to me also when I was talking with him a while back.

The thing is that I dont want to butcher up my stock exhaust so rather than cutting out my primary cats, I am making a complete system with high flow race cats and smooth tubes. Besides that, I have never had a chance to test this out, so I am going to.

Another question...If I install headers, may be I should make pipes from them 70mm as well to Secondary cats and then to exhausts ??? Will this make more power ???

Victor...

Cory told ME that that most restrictive part in E55 exhausts is Headers and Primary Cats, therefore rest of the exhaust wont make anymore power...
Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by newton22
Vic is a machine.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM

2004 E55
Was Bleek your old sn?
Hot damn! Thanks a million ricky!!! Man all of victor's exhaust fumes melted my brain down! LOL!!! Yeah ricky if you don't mind help me add my old account to my new onee if possible. Thanks so much!

Oh yeah baby, it's time to let the rabbit out the hat! Victor has all sorts of crazy upgrades for our cars, and i'll tell you what, the exhaust system he's getting made up is real killer! The shop that's doing it is the best! Real clean professional set up! Should make some serious HP with the full exhaust!

Checked out Vic's throttle body too, real nice package he put together! Very clean looking, but still looks racey!

Hey Vic give the people a little tease, and let them know what else you got up your sleeve!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
OK Vic...So I should make 70mm down pipes from headers also ???
Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks buddy!! Time to upgrade your TB to the VR 80mm too!! You know you want to!

You mean tell them about the 2.92 gears? Or the heads? Or the ported blower? hahaha.. Gotta let the stuff out of the hat slowly!!!

P.S-> They already know about the cams.. posted the info already.

Once the TB & Airbox stuff is done, we'll jump to the next one.

Oh yeah baby, it's time to let the rabbit out the hat! Victor has all sorts of crazy upgrades for our cars, and i'll tell you what, the exhaust system he's getting made up is real killer! The shop that's doing it is the best! Real clean professional set up! Should make some serious HP with the full exhaust!

Checked out Vic's throttle body too, real nice package he put together! Very clean looking, but still looks racey!

Hey Vic give the people a little tease, and let them know what else you got up your sleeve!
If you are removing the primary cats, you will be replacing them with a modified pipe so it will HAVE to be a 63.5mm pipe connection with an expansion to 70mm pipe.
OK Vic...So I should make 70mm down pipes from headers also ???

Last edited by vrus; 07-31-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Bone Stock, send me an email @ ricky.agrawal@gmail.com and I'll go ahead and merge the two accounts.

Make sure you send me the email from the account from at least one of the screen names are merged under.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Vic you are an animal...don't forget that sneaky bypass valve !!! Did I mention that before ?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
hahahaha.. yeah.. yeah.. yeah... Don't worry.. I thinks it's been PERMANENTLY implanted in my head now thanks to you..

Originally Posted by vader
Vic you are an animal...don't forget that sneaky bypass valve !!! Did I mention that before ?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Oh yeah.. almost forgot.. (Vader distracted me)..

Jig is complete!! Waiting for some nice stainless steel piping to arrive from Burns... He should be done the welding in 1 day once the rest of the material is here..

Almost there..
Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 PM

E55

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 70mm Stainless Exhaust Coming Soon!! ***