W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

How much do/did you guys get the K2 kit for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
How much do/did you guys get the K2 kit for?

Im tryin to order through my friend who runs a shop....
He said he could get it for 6100 plus $160 shipping....
Is that resonable price???
And what is the retail price from Kleemann?
My last question is the IC Pump upgrade...
Is it included or do i have to pay separately>?
If its separated, how much is it???
Thanks guyz~

P.S: How long does it usually take to get the parts from Kleemann>?
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Received 524 Likes on 112 Posts
Drives Slowly
$6,100 is a great price for K2 but you better make sure the people that install it know what the FTAD. This is not a bolt-on modification.

The IC pump is not included with K2.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I was quoted $7500 installed. Is yours installed or that price is parts? If it is just parts, you better check your friend status cause it is only about 10% discount.

If you are going Kleeman, I would go to a good shop and pay the extra $1-$2K premium. I know your "friend" is great, but has he installed a K2 on an E55? If not, move on. If so, ask to see the car. The ECU can be sent to Kleeman, but the rest needs to be done right, too.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:37 AM

Thanks Rock& Jangy~~
Im just gettin the parts from my friend..The installation will be done in
Chicago area..(deciding between fall-line motorsports and Chicago part and TUning)
So, Jangy, you are sayin that it is only 10% discount...I guess i should ask my
friend or find a better place to buy the parts...It is 6100 just for the parts by the way.....
If you guyz know any place that i could get it for cheaper price, please let me know....
Rock= You said that the IC pump is not included...So how much is it??? and Will it help alot???

Thanks guyz~~~
Old 07-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Thanks Rock& Jangy~~
Im just gettin the parts from my friend..The installation will be done in
Chicago area..(deciding between fall-line motorsports and Chicago part and TUning)
So, Jangy, you are sayin that it is only 10% discount...I guess i should ask my
friend or find a better place to buy the parts...It is 6100 just for the parts by the way.....
If you guyz know any place that i could get it for cheaper price, please let me know....
Rock= You said that the IC pump is not included...So how much is it??? and Will it help alot???

Thanks guyz~~~
the IC cooler will help quite a bit, especially with all around integration of the mods to the current car. Find all your prices and part numbers and pm me. i'll send it along and get you the best price I can
Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 AM

06 Merc E55, 996TT
My shop said they would do the K2 with LSD installed for around 9800 is that a good price?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by the yellow man
My shop said they would do the K2 with LSD installed for around 9800 is that a good price?
........are yu King Yellow Man? I am a bigg phan! Bigg up to the king of Dancehall!!

http://www.kingyellowman.com/

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 07-29-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
As far as I know there is no way to get a discount on the kleemann parts unless it is authorized. Kleemann has strict rules about their pricing. All of the dealers are forced to sell at a set price.

The only way you will get a deal is to get a break on the labour charges.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
........are yu King Yellow Man? I am a bigg phan! Bigg up to the king of Dancehall!!

http://www.kingyellowman.com/

Ted
LOL
Old 07-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by vrus
As far as I know there is no way to get a discount on the kleemann parts unless it is authorized. Kleemann has strict rules about their pricing. All of the dealers are forced to sell at a set price.

The only way you will get a deal is to get a break on the labour charges.
Considering it takes ball park of 10 hours for the header install alone, the shops actually have quite a bit of leeway in giving deals. So what if they charge you full retail for the parts and throw the labor in? Kleeman may tell their distributors that the price is fixed, but the distributors are undercutting each other left and right and I assume it is in the labor (as you said).
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I called Cory at Kleemann and asked the usually potential buyer questions,he was very helpful on the phone.He gave me a price on the kit installed and also dyon'ed before and after the install I believe.(?)Then I asked if he could recommend a dealer/installer near me that could do the work so I wouldnt have to make the long trip to Colorado.After calling the recommened guy,it was still cheaper to drive the car to Cory's,stay in a motel and drive home.If I decide to go with a Kleemann kit,I think a nice road trip across the states will be nice.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Jrocket
I called Cory at Kleemann and asked the usually potential buyer questions,he was very helpful on the phone.He gave me a price on the kit installed and also dyon'ed before and after the install I believe.(?)Then I asked if he could recommend a dealer/installer near me that could do the work so I wouldnt have to make the long trip to Colorado.After calling the recommened guy,it was still cheaper to drive the car to Cory's,stay in a motel and drive home.If I decide to go with a Kleemann kit,I think a nice road trip across the states will be nice.
You should ship it or drive to Cory anyways. they are masters of what they do.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by jangy
You should ship it or drive to Cory anyways. they are masters of what they do.
If I dont end up doing the wrenching myself,I will definately be making the drive to Cory's.A road trip with the wife and daughter would do us some good.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If I dont end up doing the wrenching myself,I will definately be making the drive to Cory's.A road trip with the wife and daughter would do us some good.
I would reconsider wrenching yourself, stricktly for warranty reasons. If you let Cory do it, any issues will be handled by Kleeman and MBUSA. If you wrench yourself, you fall in themiddle of that mix, since you may have had install issues. I understand these are "simple" bolt ons (NOT!!), but be careful of what you may lose to save a few $$
Old 07-29-2006, 08:22 PM

the IC cooler will help quite a bit, especially with all around integration of the mods to the current car. Find all your prices and part numbers and pm me. i'll send it along and get you the best price I can

Jangy im currently out of country for the break...i appreciate your help though.....any other advice you guyz want to give? Im also curious about removal of the secondary cat.....(how its installl, stability, and etc) Thanx
Old 07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I would reconsider wrenching yourself, strictly for warranty reasons. If you let Cory do it, any issues will be handled by Kleemann and MBUSA. If you wrench yourself, you fall in themiddle of that mix, since you may have had install issues. I understand these are "simple" bolt ons (NOT!!), but be careful of what you may lose to save a few $$
The warranty issue is a concern,and most likely I will make a road trip to Cory's.Thats where I need to ask more question about,who is actually going to cover the damage if any occurs.Its a sight forward simple task.The main concern is getting the balancer seated and the bolt torqued properly.Some might not have the ability or mechanical background to do so,and theres nothing wrong with that,but I do have both.Thats what makes it hard for me to have somebody else do something that I am very well capable of doing myself,thats where the warranty question/concern comes back into play.

When are you going to run your car at Qualcomm again.Do they still do that?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The warranty issue is a concern,and most likely I will make a road trip to Cory's.Thats where I need to ask more question about,who is actually going to cover the damage if any occurs.Its a sight forward simple task.The main concern is getting the balancer seated and the bolt torqued properly.Some might not have the ability or mechanical background to do so,and theres nothing wrong with that,but I do have both.Thats what makes it hard for me to have somebody else do something that I am very well capable of doing myself,thats where the warranty question/concern comes back into play.

When are you going to run your car at Qualcomm again.Do they still do that?
Actually, that isn't where you get screwed. You can get the shaft when something happens to go wrong, even unrealted to the mods, and MB opens it up and says that the mods MAY HAVE PLAYED A ROLE. At that point, if your tuner does not step in, WHICH RENNTech gives in writing that they will, you MAY be screwed and flagged by the dealer. Goodbye warranty and no matter what other people here want to say it IS FINAL.

Look up all the tuner websites and specifically get them to give you proof that they will cross cover what MB drops. Period, or don't do it without understanding that you are in risk of voiding your warranty.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Actually, that isn't where you get screwed. You can get the shaft when something happens to go wrong, even unrealted to the mods, and MB opens it up and says that the mods MAY HAVE PLAYED A ROLE. At that point, if your tuner does not step in, WHICH RENNTech gives in writing that they will, you MAY be screwed and flagged by the dealer. Goodbye warranty and no matter what other people here want to say it IS FINAL.

Look up all the tuner websites and specifically get them to give you proof that they will cross cover what MB drops. Period, or don't do it without understanding that you are in risk of voiding your warranty.
I understand what your saying and basically your writing down what I already know.Evo is out of the question right from the start,Kleemann is the only other place that I have made conversation with about my car and doing mods.Renntech's products and service seems right but not the price.At this point it comes down to my dealer being mod friendly or not,Im still trying to get a feel for the service guy and to find a tech thats AMG mod appreciatetive. I have friends at the dealer in very high places but thats not fair for me to drag them into the situation just so my car can get modded and go against MB's policy's.Hopefully within a short time I will know if Im going to be able to mod this car or not.If not then I'll buy an 03 E55 in good shape,mod it and not worry about warranty issue's,keep the other one stock.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I understand what your saying and basically your writing down what I already know.Evo is out of the question right from the start,Kleemann is the only other place that I have made conversation with about my car and doing mods.Renntech's products and service seems right but not the price.At this point it comes down to my dealer being mod friendly or not,Im still trying to get a feel for the service guy and to find a tech thats AMG mod appreciatetive. I have friends at the dealer in very high places but thats not fair for me to drag them into the situation just so my car can get modded and go against MB's policy's.Hopefully within a short time I will know if Im going to be able to mod this car or not.If not then I'll buy an 03 E55 in good shape,mod it and not worry about warranty issue's,keep the other one stock.
Make sure you get accurate pricing. i know RENN is traditionally a premium, but I have been pretty happy with the "promotional" prices I've been quoted. The lowering module installed for $1150 is not bad. I was also quoted the RENN stage 4 for about $9k, which is almost identical to Kleeman. PLUS, you can probably get your dealer to install it?? I knw many dealers do RENN installs, which makes it waaay easier to keep issues real.

I should become a RENN distributor in San Diego.

Just for my infor, why is EVO out? I am on the fence between EVO and RENN. I'm not even considering Kleeman. Kinda funny. My reasoning has nothing to do with quality, but that i am scared of the entire o2 sensor thing.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Make sure you get accurate pricing. i know RENN is traditionally a premium, but I have been pretty happy with the "promotional" prices I've been quoted. The lowering module installed for $1150 is not bad. I was also quoted the RENN stage 4 for about $9k, which is almost identical to Kleeman. PLUS, you can probably get your dealer to install it?? I knw many dealers do RENN installs, which makes it waaay easier to keep issues real.

I should become a RENN distributor in San Diego.

Just for my infor, why is EVO out? I am on the fence between EVO and RENN. I'm not even considering Kleeman. Kinda funny. My reasoning has nothing to do with quality, but that i am scared of the entire o2 sensor thing.
Evo is not that far from me,30 minutes maybe.For me its not pricing but customer service and attitude that makes me buy where I do.After just one call down to Evo I decided not to do buissness there.One salesmans attitude ruined it for that sale.

So far I dont think my dealer does any aftermarket installs,such as Renntech,Kleemann and such.I still need to check into it more.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Evo is not that far from me,30 minutes maybe.For me its not pricing but customer service and attitude that makes me buy where I do.After just one call down to Evo I decided not to do buissness there.One salesmans attitude ruined it for that sale.

So far I dont think my dealer does any aftermarket installs,such as Renntech,Kleemann and such.I still need to check into it more.
Ahhh, got it and i agree that customer service is key here. Check with your dealer about the RENNTech stuff. Also, RENNTechs site has a list of MB dealers as distributors, so there is at least a precedence.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:12 PM

I just received the e-mail from Chicago Performance and Tuning...
They want $800 for the installation fee
But the water pump was $2000 installed..seems bit pricey to me..
What do you guyz think? And i would like to if they are good people to work with....
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
I thought I only paid about $500.00 for it, when K2 was completed.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rock
I thought I only paid about $500.00 for it, when K2 was completed.

Strange....b/c i thought it was around $500 too...Does IC Pump help at least???
Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Strange....b/c i thought it was around $500 too...Does IC Pump help at least???
If you are going modify your car to generate more power, I think the general consensus is that it's a worthy upgrade. Do some searching, there is a lot of good info about this unit. Also, I'm on my third glass of wine and would rather be posting on BigBoobies.com at this time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much do/did you guys get the K2 kit for?