W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

3 '07 E63's available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006 | 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by pterion
Was this supposded to be funny or sarcastic or something? I can't believe you actually got this upset over a discussion of which 500hp, 90,000$ car is better. Ok Ok, they are both great and you definitely made the best choice by getting another 55 over the 63. You are clearly far more an expert on which car is better. Did you get an award from your dealer for picking the right one? Was there a party thrown in your honor? Or do people at stop lights drive up and say "nice work... good job not getting suckered into that new E63... you are the MAN!"

my point was that I am very happy with my car. And despite the lower torque, I have won 100% of all the races I have entered (zero), put up the best 1/4 mile time at every drag event I have attended and plan to attend (also zero).

Now, do I need to PM you and tell you how great you are, or do you feel better about yourself now?

I can type out how smart your are for picking the correct car again if that would help...

PT
There are 2 factors here:

1) E55 onwers have always been very centered around their car and not so open to others on the road. I have an E55 but I want anE63 FYI.

Owners of E55's seem to take things very personally when it comes to their cars for some reason or another. So many battles have broken out about E55 vs M5 VS RS6 that its almost a joke. People just take things to personally. ITs a car. WHOO HOO

2) People who like the E55 are dragsters and people who want earth turning t q at idle. People who want a smoother, more refined car that is capable of keeping up with other sports sedans when the road turns will go for an E63. I am in the latter group as drag's never have been my thing. I never plan to buy motor mods for my 55k's so a 63 is a better fit for me.

I have an E55 and I have been trying to tweek it to drive better for a while. Ride height helps a bit but then you run into issue with risking shock damage and premature failure or wear. I also re-alligned the car to have a ton of negative camber, more caster, and less toe. I must say the car now has some serious front grip but my tires are wearing out on the inside faster than I have ever seen before. If I only tracked the car it would be fine but I also use it for freeway driving. Im just having trouble dealing with tires going adios in 5k miles just to have the car not plow around every on-ramp in town.

Its all a trade off and I just like the E63 more. If you like the E55 great! Both are nice cars.

PS that chirping blower and very unsmooth throttle uptake is getting annoying I think. I might try the new revised clutch to see if that helps at all.
Old 08-31-2006 | 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by deaguero
pterion: you are absolutely an ignorant moron! You make an assumption that I have never seen an E63. Well, just to let you know, I cancelled my order after my E63 arrived at my dealer and I decided to get a second E55 after 3 years in my first E55. My order was placed for the E63 one and a half years ago so don't make your ignorant assumption in your opening statement that you made! What makes you a fu$king expert? just because your E63 has all the options mentioned in your post? I guess your runt SLK has made you the consumate expert! So go scr@w yourself. If you don't like this response PM me MF!
Wow, nice post! It is nice to see people on this board with open, non aggressive minds!

Welcome to my ignore list!
Old 08-31-2006 | 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..............pterion, are you a neurosurgeon?

Ted
Originally Posted by pterion
Yes
This exchange forces me to make 2 comments:

1. Ted, you are one hell of a good occupation guesser to deduce pterion's profession from his posting. You need to go on "Whats My Line"!

2. While I have not always found doctors to possess common sense, I think its accurate to state that neurosurgeons and "ignorant morons" comprise mutually exclusive groups. Those arguing otherwise probably enjoy membership in one of these two groups. Again, I point no fingers.
Old 08-31-2006 | 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by E63AMG
This exchange forces me to make 2 comments:

1. Ted, you are one hell of a good occupation guesser to deduce pterion's profession from his posting. You need to go on "Whats My Line"!

2. While I have not always found doctors to possess common sense, I think its accurate to state that neurosurgeons and "ignorant morons" comprise mutually exclusive groups. Those arguing otherwise probably enjoy membership in one of these two groups. Again, I point no fingers.
...........Well said, but I didn't guess his occupation by his posts. I knew it by his screen name. I'll let him explain it.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 08-31-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2006 | 05:59 PM

2005 E55 silver
Originally Posted by deaguero
Well, just to let you know, I cancelled my order after my E63 arrived at my dealer and I decided to get a second E55 after 3 years in my first E55.
So we can say you are an E55 owner that has seen the E63 and thinks it sucks. So if you cancelled the order and maybe took a a couple test drives in it, how do you know you don't like it? I'm sure you'll write some sort of degrading comment because I owned a CLK. I can add fuel to your fire...I currently drive a pacifica and from my experience with it I can say, I hate the E63 as well. Too much power/luxury for me.

Last edited by E55Freak; 08-31-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2006 | 06:14 PM

SL550
What I have learned from this post...

1) Marcus has some nice cars available.

2) Pterion drives a fantastic vehicle. I considered waiting for a similar blk/blk E63, but decided to put the money toward a new house instead and got an E350. I might trade next year.

3) Deaguero needs a drink. Well...only if he's of legal age, that is.

That's all. Everyone enjoy the holiday weekend.
Old 08-31-2006 | 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Dude, don't hate on people that want the latest and greatest. You got a used one, right? Let him be. He never attacked you. I don't like your response and i won't be PMing you, but you need to grow up.
I agree,not called for at all.
Old 08-31-2006 | 08:24 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking I'll drink to that!

Originally Posted by bm75204
What I have learned from this post...

1) Marcus has some nice cars available.

2) Pterion drives a fantastic vehicle. I considered waiting for a similar blk/blk E63, but decided to put the money toward a new house instead and got an E350. I might trade next year.

3) Deaguero needs a drink. Well...only if he's of legal age, that is.

That's all. Everyone enjoy the holiday weekend.
bm75204: I am of legal age so I'll tip one to all on this post. even pterion! everybody enjoy the Holiday weekend
Old 08-31-2006 | 08:41 PM

2009 SL63 AMG, sliver
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........Well said, but I didn't guess his occupation by his posts. I knew it by his screen name. I'll let him explain it.

Ted
I have used that screen name for years on different forums and noone has ever shown any idea that they knew what it means.

Nice pick up.

PT
Old 09-05-2006 | 10:48 AM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Just wanted to let the board know that we have received another E63 & this one is not Black!! Just in, Iridium Silver/Black wth P2, Parktronic, standard Sunroof & Trunk Closer! This one is available as well, so if anyone is interested, please let me know!! thanks for looking!