Sponsored by:

*** CA Speedway Results ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
*** CA Speedway Results ***

Hey everyone... I will post all the results tonight or tomorrow... I've got a big sheet with every single run by every car. So stay tuned.

Quick points / summary:

1) I'm no expert, but the consensus was that the track sucked... both the early misty weather... and just the track. Of the two lanes, we were on the left... and it had tons of visible rubber / buildup compared to the right lane which was being "saved" for the NHRA. Josh and I took early morning stabs, and we're still sliding back and forth at 70, but managed repeat 115 times at dismal 13.4s! They were not comfortable runs... slip sliding away. I could go down Ventura Blvd and feel more comfortable, no joke. As the day progressed, it only got marginally better. Yes, the moisture was a factor... our 60 foot times were horrible all day long, always 2 or higher. But I think the actual track was an even worse factor. Not an excuse... just keep it in mind when you look at all the times I'll post later... EVERYONE underachieved across the board, and there were some squirrelly rides out there. Like JRocket said in the other post, the 1st half of the track just sucked... like the rubber on a playground... the 2nd half was nice. So, we were basically skating on some dragster's aftermath from the day earlier.

2) E55 v E63. While the 63 was best at 13.279 at 109.27, most of the E55 runs were close as well... only occasionally did either of the 55s dip down to 13.1... but almost always at the same speed...107-110. The best stock E55 run with no drag radials: 13.158 at 108.32. So, comparative based on the track... there was an edge to the E55s in times, but nothing to do cheers about as the 63 was right there MPH wise. Not one stock E55 or E63 broke 13... and JRocket is no newbie.

3) Drag radials helped the K2 cars... we got into the mid twelves quickly, but despite monster tire warming, the suckers still would break loose with ease. ESP OFF with drag radials hot and sticky was what I was led to believe would be the trick. Nope, you had to feather them out to 30 or 40 as well, or you'd spin. Both Dragon and I had our best runs after heating up in dyno mode, turning dyno mode off, then running with ESP ON. Trust me, we tried every type of combination imaginable. There is also a difference between K2 and K2 post MB ECU flash (sent to Kleemann for reprogramming with the new K2 program) cars. Josh would continually trap at 118-119, while I would start at 115-116 and fade down to 111-113. My best was 12.4, Dragon / Josh just missed 11s at 12.01 on one of his very last runs of the day (and the best of all cars). He drove mine as a test and replicated my 12.4. Imagine being told that of this group of 10, 12.01 would be the best. The track was very frustrating. Your local freeway onramp is prepped better.

4) 911 and CLS checked out early. The M5 has a bad day initially, then approached stock E55 and E63 runs with superior trap speeds, but slower times. The CLS was close to the E55 and E63 as well... times a tick slower, but trap speed right there. The M6 was the most impressive stock car... a best at 12.61 at 118. Incredible top end.

Thanks to everyone who helped today... despite the frustrating track and near wall collisions, it was a great experience and one hell of a lineup. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again at another track soon... one that doesn't look and feel like a non-stick frying pan!

Results to follow shortly...

Loren
---------------------------------
Here they are, sorting by TIME. These are the top 3 1/4 times for each car. They do not have the fastest MPH runs (mine for example would be 116 for all 3) because those times were worse than those listed here. As you can see, the track affected every one. If anyone finds a typo or I missed a ticket, PM me with the ticket number and I'll make the change... but I think this is pretty accurate.

Last edited by FlyByNight; 09-16-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
As Loren said --- the track was *****... unprepped!!! Totally ridiculous.... Loren and I spun all the way down the track (till about 70mph). By the end of the day I kind of "learned" to drive on the ****ty track. Still couldn't hook up though... 60 ft. were junk all day. 2.2-2.5

By the end of the day I was consistently putting down 12.0x @ 119.

Just to give you an idea of how ****ty the track was ... my best 60' was 1.997 and had an average 60' of 2.2. My 60 ft. ranged from 2.2 - 2.5. TERRIBLE!!!!! If the 60' was where it should have been 1.8 my 12.0 run would have easily been an 11.6-11.7. As you know... it's all about traction in these cars.

The 60 ft.'s of 2.2 tell the whole story on why our 1/4 times were so high.

By the way my buddies m6 pulled a 12.9 @114.. very impressive on this track.

Had a great time guys... enjoyed meeting everyone!

Last edited by dragonAMG; 09-16-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Thanks for the kind words loren,and I do believe your car might have a gremlin in there.The trap speeds just weren't there for you,and I could tell it was frustrating to see the numbers.Dragons car on the other hand was making good power today,with the conditions being what they were.

My take on the track.First off I checked the elevation at the starting line and then again at the finish lights,5ft raise in elevation.Somebody had said the NHRA allows a 9 ft variance at all sanctioned tracks,true or not I don't know.I did confirm my readings with another individual at the track and it just so happens he works there also...so take the info for what its worth.A few mph trap speed if you ask me.

The track is a fairly new track,it has also been sitting without any action for a couple months now.Meaning the wind blows frequently in that are and daily too.So what we had was a track with decent rubber layed down but allot of sand and dirt embedded into the vht and rubber.NOT good way to start and day.The there was the high humidity and slight drizzle this morning,another bad thing for racing,add all of that together and you get what we had today in the results.I see the trap speeds being down due to bad weather and up hill track,more weather than up hill though.One thing that was noticeable is that all of the cars were running slower across the table,meaning not one but all of them the times were off.I think .4-.6 of a second could be taken off the ET's.It wasnt about who the best driver was today or who had the fastest car(kinda),with more practice and a better prepped track any of these cars could have gone a little quicker.After I left the track I called a few of my friends who have rented the track before(7-8 second cars)and they both gave me what I already knew,the track doesnt get prepped well enough for private track rental days.Both of these guys have gone in the 7's on normal race days there,top of their classes.I wouldnt say it was all of the track personells fualt though,they did spray the track and such,but at big events the track gets allot more back too back usage thus keeping the track surface warmer and stickier.Bad part is on a day like that you would have only got maybe 4-5 runs for the entire day!!!!

I had fun all day long!
Old 09-16-2006, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Congrats all on nice runs!!!, Damn i have to move close to vegas...There is hardly any unity between the NYC crowd of E55 owners. I envy you guys over there and props to Loren and others for organizing this great event.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Nice. Where's the vids?
Old 09-16-2006, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
Congrats all on nice runs!!!, Damn i have to move close to vegas...There is hardly any unity between the NYC crowd of E55 owners. I envy you guys over there and props to Loren and others for organizing this great event.
Next event,jump on a plane and come out.You can make a few passes in my car,its all good.Credit card deposit required of course.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Reminds me of the time I went to a sucky track. I thought that the trap speeds should have been much higher, since I had no traction and the times sucked anyway. I actually considered selling my car, thinking it was broken. Went to another track a few months later and it was well into the 12s all night.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by medici78
Reminds me of the time I went to a sucky track. I thought that the trap speeds should have been much higher, since I had no traction and the times sucked anyway. I actually considered selling my car, thinking it was broken. Went to another track a few months later and it was well into the 12s all night.
Very true.I was telling some of the people today that my car at one of the local 1/8th mile tracks,will run consistently .3-.4 faster ET's than what I was running there today...and I can get into the high 1.8's or consistent low 1.9 60ft's every time there,which was way off from todays readings.Track and air sucked plain and simple.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As requested by Josh, pics will be posted here instead.

Well, here are some of the action shots I have. Sorry Josh, you had quit running when I was doing these so I don't have any good ones of your car in action other than on video.

I may add more to THE ALBUM if I find more pics on my other camera but I'm in need of sleep so that's where I'm headed!

Old 09-16-2006, 04:31 AM

05 E55
SWEET pics! I certainly wouldn't mind some hires originals sent my way:

Info@RoseConsulting.us

Unlimited mailbox size, so send as many / much as you like.

Thanks for taking them... and great job with the car... impressive given the numbers of all these pumped up engines and the track conditions!

Loren
Old 09-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thanks for posting all this information and the great pictures. It sounds like it was a great event.

Loren, what are you going to do about your K2 issue? I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

I assume that Josh never had the MB re-flash completed?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.........interesting results. The track was bad so absolute times are not important, but the results are useful for comparisons. I believe in numbers and that numbers speak for themselves. So, while one can say that the E55's may have had a more difficult time with the track because of their low end torque, my opinion is that the numbers on the chart are the only ones that matter....at least for now. The faster cars still managed to distinguish themselves.

...........So, M5, E63, and post-mb flash stock E55's are similar. The E63 is definitely not faster than the E55 and all those published numbers for the e63 that put it in the cruise missile category are apparently false. The post mb-flash E55's don't have a huge margin to brag with.

...........post mb-flash K2 is slower than reprogrammed post-mb flash K2. For those that still think that nothing happened to their engine ECU during the recall work, you may wish to think again.

..........The M6 is the fastest stock car by a wide margin.

Ted
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........interesting results. The track was bad so absolute times are not important, but the results are useful for comparisons. I believe in numbers and that numbers speak for themselves. So, while one can say that the E55's may have had a more difficult time with the track because of their low end torque, my opinion is that the numbers on the chart are the only ones that matter....at least for now. The faster cars still managed to distinguish themselves.

...........So, M5, E63, and post-mb flash stock E55's are similar. The E63 is definitely not faster than the E55 and all those published numbers for the e63 that put it in the cruise missile category are apparently false. The post mb-flash E55's don't have a huge margin to brag with.

...........post mb-flash K2 is slower than reprogrammed post-mb flash K2. For those that still think that nothing happened to their engine ECU during the recall work, you may wish to think again.

Ted

Well said.

I regret that we were not able to test the 0 - 60 times yesterday, because that was the one factory quoted number that put the E63 ahead of the E55.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Loren --- The 12.6 @ 118mph for the M6 is actually my time. I cut in front of him and the window had already registered his car number, so consequently he I got his ticket and he got mine His best time was 12.997 @ 114

--- Great pics Ling and thanks for sharing. The cars all look amazing.... I guess I'll have to use Loren's car pics as my desktop background then I can't believe you didn't tell my *** to lineup and run for an action shot pic.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 09-16-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Hey Ling!! OUTRAGEOUS PICS!!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

Ted
The M5 and M6 have the same drivetrain and the M6's 265 pound weight advantage should give it a couple of tenths over an M5. The margin should be attributed to some other factors.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ima55r2
The M5 and M6 have the same drivetrain and the M6's 265 pound weight advantage should give it a couple of tenths over an M5. The margin should be attributed to some other factors.
What's funny is that my buddy w/ the M6 has never dragged a car in his life. That was his first time.. AND he was shifting every run manually.

Anyways... the M6 and I ran today on the steets when we got back to his house. Just to give you an idea of the difference in real world power between yesterday's track numbers of 12.9 @ 114 (M6) and my 12.0 @ 119 .... I spanked him by 12 cars lengths.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
The M5 and M6 have the same drivetrain and the M6's 265 pound weight advantage should give it a couple of tenths over an M5. The margin should be attributed to some other factors
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Hey Loren --- The 12.6 @ 118mph for the M6 is actually my time. I cut in front of him and the window had already registered his car number, so consequently he I got his ticket and he got mine His best time was 12.997 @ 114--- Great pics Ling and thanks for sharing. The cars all look amazing.... I guess I'll have to use Loren's car pics as my desktop background then I can't believe you didn't tell my *** to lineup and run for an action shot pic.
............Makes more sense now.

Ted
Old 09-16-2006, 12:07 PM

'10 E63
I've seen some of the discussion about the flash and know to try to avoid it, but has Kleemann come up with a way to reprogram K2 post flash that puts it back to preflash K2 power? I hope so because I'm taking my car in Monday for service, and while I have already told the dealer in no uncertain terms that I don't want the flash, it would be nice to know that all is not lost if the dealer/tech does the flash anyway.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by R. Range
I've seen some of the discussion about the flash and know to try to avoid it, but has Kleemann come up with a way to reprogram K2 post flash that puts it back to preflash K2 power? I hope so because I'm taking my car in Monday for service, and while I have already told the dealer in no uncertain terms that I don't want the flash, it would be nice to know that all is not lost if the dealer/tech does the flash anyway.
I would avoid the reflash.You better call Cory to see what his thoughts are.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
I assume that Josh never had the MB re-flash completed?
Actually I did, but I was one of the lucky ones in that Kleemann was able to load the new K2 program on mine succesfully.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

--- Great pics Ling and thanks for sharing. The cars all look amazing.... I guess I'll have to use Loren's car pics as my desktop background then I can't believe you didn't tell my *** to lineup and run for an action shot pic.
Hahaha... before you do that let me photoshop your wheels on there. Yeah I know, I should have told you to line up but trying to get footage/pics AND participate gets a little hectic. Next time.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Actually I did, but I was one of the lucky ones in that Kleemann was able to load the new K2 program on mine succesfully.
Josh, then I'm confused. I thought Loren also had the new K2 loaded after the MB re-flash. I know he was having CEL issues but I was unaware of any power loss.

Also, do you guys have the same set-up? I thought Loren's was different in order to meet California's auto emission requirements.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Josh,

Way to represent Las Vegas. I'm in Utah this weekend but when I get back, we need to get out and run. Your car looks to be quite strong. I'll give you a call sometime next week. I should be able to get at least 2 cameras so we can get a decent video.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:15 PM

05 E55
Hey Loren --- The 12.6 @ 118mph for the M6 is actually my time. I cut in front of him and the window had already registered his car number, so consequently he I got his ticket and he got mine His best time was 12.997 @ 114

Thanks... I corrected the chart...

Loren

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** CA Speedway Results ***