W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

More cosmetics?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
Originally Posted by jangy
That is coming, when i add all the AV stuff. I want a emote camera up from and rear and DVD in the car. Also, these speakers need to go.
I have DVD palyers in each headrest( each kid can watch something different from the other) and it works wonders for keeping the kids out of my hair or whats left of it. lol lol
Old 10-20-2006, 02:47 AM

I would love to have the EURO Command, but I heard that I will no longer be able to get sirius radio, or I wont be able to control it through the command unit.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
I would love to have the EURO Command, but I heard that I will no longer be able to get sirius radio, or I wont be able to control it through the command unit.
Incorrect you can switch from US to Euro model when you have a Euro model. When in US mode you can have Sirius.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Incorrect you can switch from US to Euro model when you have a Euro model. When in US mode you can have Sirius.
I didn't know that. I stand corrected. Thank you my friend.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I don't think so, either. I had the Euro comand installed in my '05 and the reason i did not in the '06 is because of Sirius. I was told by those that sold and installed it that you could ADD sirius as any car can, but I want to use the OEM one. I understand that the Comand Software has a setting, but that does not mean that the US spec comands have the feature.

If indeed I am wrong, then bring on DVD up front. MBenzNL can you clarify?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM

2004 E55
Steve added them.

at what cost if you don't mind me asking and if you well... tell me anyway! LOL
Old 10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
I don't think so, either. I had the Euro comand installed in my '05 and the reason i did not in the '06 is because of Sirius. I was told by those that sold and installed it that you could ADD sirius as any car can, but I want to use the OEM one. I understand that the Comand Software has a setting, but that does not mean that the US spec comands have the feature.

If you do 357 Trick it takes you to options of choosing ECE which is Euro, or US, when you change it to US the Video now becomes SAT Radio. A bit of pain if you want to change back and forth because sometimes it takes 3 minutes for the change to happen, but it does..
Old 10-20-2006, 02:02 PM

This is what MbenzNL says about Euro commands and Satellite radio:

Originally Posted by BigSis
US spec W211 comands can get Sirius SAT radio integrated.

Euro W211 comands have DVD playback, and the possibility to get a TV tuner and / or center monitor connected.

There is NO WAY you can get Sirius integrated with the Euro comand. And your US comand can't be versioncoded to play movie DVDs.

greetingz,

BigSis
I think that I can get access to a EURO Command today. I will try the 357 trick and see if it works on theirs.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
They are plastic chrome, but look pretty good and wear well for the money.

I went with aluminum for the knobs, but am looking into some truly stealth CF ones (with no metal at all). Why do we need knobs anyway?

I may actually cut the piece and just plug the hole with a black?

I Had a set of door pins made out of Titanium....Ultra lite and The color is NOT as harsh as Chrome...But $$$$

Working on Solid carbon Door Pins....they WILL blend in on a Charcoal Interior
Old 10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Hardrivr
at what cost if you don't mind me asking and if you well... tell me anyway! LOL

Actually, he posted a special price at the last minute of $1200 (I think). It may have been $50 more or less.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If you do 357 Trick it takes you to options of choosing ECE which is Euro, or US, when you change it to US the Video now becomes SAT Radio. A bit of pain if you want to change back and forth because sometimes it takes 3 minutes for the change to happen, but it does..

The 357 trick allows for you to change the software setting, but the hardware does not exist. I looked into it. IT CAN NOT BE DONE THAT EASILY.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
I Had a set of door pins made out of Titanium....Ultra lite and The color is NOT as harsh as Chrome...But $$$$

Working on Solid carbon Door Pins....they WILL blend in on a Charcoal Interior

That is exactly why I want CF ones with NO metal at all. I never even thought to ask you about that. i have a guy here in SD that is offering me cheap stuff as long as he can use my current parts or car as a template for his molds. You already are a CF master. Why not make stuff and sell to us??
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55
The 357 trick allows for you to change the software setting, but the hardware does not exist. I looked into it. IT CAN NOT BE DONE THAT EASILY.
OK not to beat a dead horse, but I'm kinda speaking from experience when I switched mine back and forth.... ..also found this post for you...

decide yourself if its still not possible..
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=euro+sat

The EURO COMAND head units built by Harman/Becker Automotive Systems also have the US hardware circuitry inside. You can easily convert your EURO spec COMAND to a US version COMAND by using the 5+3+7 key combination code. Once you do, your VIDEO button brings up the SAT menu instead (of course you'll still need to have the MB SAT Tuner and Sirius subscription for SAT radio to be available), and you'll lose the VIDEO menus (DVD, TV, Video AUX).
Besides that, there are some other minor changes when converting to the US version: You'll lose the RDS features in the Radio menu (Don't know why they disabled this in the US version - isn't RDS available in the US/CAN?). The TEL menu will have the SMS submenu (on the EURO version SMS is available in the SERV menu). SERV button brings up the System MENU directly (no SERV menu in the US version). There are also some differences in the NAV menu - for example, for the English language you hear the American female voice instead of the British one.

Unfortunately for you US guys, I don't think it's possible to convert a US spec COMAND unit to EURO version: The US spec COMAND head units built by Siemens do not have the EURO hardware circuitry inside (so you won't get the VIDEO menu when converting to EURO version).

Last edited by Kevin M.; 10-21-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:40 PM

c43
So I thought I would make a master list as to what has been posted here please let me know if I have missed something, should be easier for you guys...

Master mod list:
1. Xenon Lighting (OEM)
2. Metal Pedals (OEM)
3. Active / Ventilated seats (OEM)
4. Rear Shade (OEM)
5. Rear Side Shades (MBenzNL)
6. AMG lit door sills (MBenzNL)
7. Keyless Go (OEM)
8/ Trunk Closer (OEM)
9. Parktronic (OEM)
10. Mario Flat Badge (needs replacing)
11. Rear 3 piece fin (MB Accessory)
12. Chrome style seat adjusters (formymercedes)
13. Billet Door lock knobs (formymercedes)
14. Lowering Module (RENNTech)
15. Smoked tail lights (Creative)
16. HRE C22 (On Order)
17. Tinted Windows
18. Power folding mirrors (MBenzNL)
19. Sirius (OEM)
20. Navigation (OEM)
21. MP Design wheel (Eurotech)
22. PHONE (bluetooth)
23. Comand modded to take dual A/V intakes
24. Distronic
25. Drive Dynamic seats
26. brabus puddle lights
27. ipod intergration
28. K&N/Green filters
29. Custom Carbon Fiber f/C2Designs-Tampa Fla
30. 160 degree thermostat (PTE)
31. Valentine radar in mirror
32. Front air splitter
33. Interior Motion Sensor
34. UHI Phone Kit
35. TV TUNER
36. Euro Comand modded for In Motion
37. MB Rear moniter
38. VCS voice control
39. EURO Active Xenons
40. Blue tooth puc
41. Euro Front bumper inserts
42. Heated rear seats
43. Heated steering wheel (OEM steering wheel only)
44. Early style center console WITHOUT the slider???
45. convenience lighting integrated into the bottom of side view mirrors??? (Standard?)
46. carbon fiber rear diffuser
47. Toe Link Kit (Renntech)
48. Transmission upgrade (Renntech)

If i missed something, or something here is incorrect please let me know and i'll change it, just thought i'd make it easier for you 55 guys... if someone has a real master list, and not a compiled list of what is in this thread let me know and i'll add it...

Last edited by Ashkan's C43; 10-23-2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Nice list. I think it covers my car
Old 10-23-2006, 03:23 AM

c43
Here are the actual options list and what they include:

Option Code Option Name and Description

626 Premium Package w/Panorama Sunroof
Includes Active Ventilated front seats with heating feature, Drive-Dynamic seats, CD changer, DVD Navigation system, panorama glass sunroof and power rear-window sunshade. NOT AVAILABLE with 819, 536.

526 Premium Package
Includes Active Ventilated front seats with heating feature, Drive-Dynamic seats, CD changer, DVD Navigation system and one-touch open/close features and power rear-window sunshade. NOT AVAILABLE with 626, 819.

219 Distronic Adaptive Cruise Control
Includes cruise control with an adaptive speed function. When activated, Distronic operates like normal cruise control, until it senses a slower moving vehicle ahead. At that time, the E55's speed is automatically reduced, as this function adjusts the throttle and/or applies up to 20% brake force to match the speed of the slower moving vehicle. A driver-selected, preset distance is maintained between the E55 and slower moving vehicle ahead.

051 Hands Free Communication System w/VCS
Includes all of the equipment necessary for the integration of a cellphone into a hands-free environment with Voice Control System (VCS) voice-activation functionality. (Cellphone and cradle not included in this option.)

220 Parktronic
Includes front and rear parking sensors.

889 Keyless Go
Includes transponder which lets the driver lock and unlock the vehicle and start and stop the engine without the use of a key.

319 Lighting Package
Includes self-leveling, curve sensing bi-xenon high intensity discharge headlamps with heated high-pressure washers.

881 Electronic Trunk Closer
Includes a push button in the interior of the car and in the trunk lid used to close the trunk.

022 Sirius Satellite Radio (VPC Installed)
Includes Sirius satellite radio equipment (a port installed option) and a 6 month subscription to the Sirius satellite radio service.

536 Sirius Satellite Radio
Includes Sirius satellite radio equipment (a factory installed option) and a 6 month subscription to the Sirius satellite radio service.

819 6-Disc CD Changer
Includes 6-disc in-dash CD changer.

W60 Burl Walnut Trim