Z07 Blue Devil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
Corvette has such a long history with aftermarket, and there are so many established companies that have been working on corvette's for decades that I dont think GM tuned corvette will be that much reliable than lets say, Lingfelter tuner corvette? Like I said before, so many people have 100,000+ miles on their modifiyed corvettes and have no major problems. The motor is very strong and responds to mods much better than most cars on the market. So, is the warranty really worth $30,000-$40,000?

Look back at a thread started a few days ago by a fellow who wanted to get a USED e55 WITHOUT warranty, so you can see other members reactions to that. That will tell you IF the extra 30-40k is worth it.

Like a member stated, its like comparing an e500 to an e55...you really can't tell the diff, only a car enthusiast will be able to spot one.

I think this vett is going to rock, i bet with ECU/pullies you will see north of 700! Crazy car it will be !
Old 10-19-2006, 12:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E63S,
Originally Posted by 355Spider
Hhhmm let me see. 100K for a car that will likely be faster in a straight line and around a track than anything under 650K. Yeah that's a rip off. Kinda like the Z06 is such a giant rippoff beacue it's 70K and it's faster and better handling than anything under 400K.
Thank you!!! Well said. The Z07 and Z06 are GREAT cars for the money...and they are incredible cars for their price point. Incredible record setting performance with a warranty. For all of you guys saying that you can just buy a C6 and mod it and have it faster...well how is that different than the kid driving a turbo civic who says his sled is faster than your E55? Modded cars are great, but youre a fool to think that the Z07 is a ripoff.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by SmokinV10
Thank you!!! Well said. The Z07 and Z06 are GREAT cars for the money...and they are incredible cars for their price point. Incredible record setting performance with a warranty. For all of you guys saying that you can just buy a C6 and mod it and have it faster...well how is that different than the kid driving a turbo civic who says his sled is faster than your E55? Modded cars are great, but youre a fool to think that the Z07 is a ripoff.
+1 THANK YOU

these people and their stupid about modifying and blah blah blah.....

STFU and admit it, thats all you gotta do.

as i said in the other thread to addicted2speed (i dunno why you didnt buy an evo and spend the rest on mods, if youre really addicted to speed but thats OT) admit you ****ed up and we'll pretend it never happened
Old 10-19-2006, 01:46 AM

Please guys don't tell the base Corvette and the Z06 looks very similar. If you say so I don't think you actually have seen one and compared to each other.

From the side they may look a bit similar but there are many differences.

But try seeing one on your rear view mirror approaching to you on your lane.

Yes I have seen one in daytime, a while back, and I had no f'kn clue what it was except it looked like an exotic. He approached pretty fast, and I realized it was the ZO6, the biggest difference between a stock is that Z06 is a wider car. It really looks like an exotic, it sits low, and looks awesome on the mirror

Especially at night if you can see one, they look awesome.

I wonder how much of an aggressive look the z07 will have.

No doubt it is a Chevy, and the interior is not up to par with German cars, etc etc. But it is all blah blah blah blah.

It is about demand for the car. If there are buyers and the car sells that is what matters. The guy who buys a z06 or z07 will not give a crap about those who say the Chevy interior sucks, this and that. When he comes to you on the highway, drops the gear to second and rips off almost any car out there, even cars that cost 2-3-4 times more without hassle, the owner of z06 will just make his claim that he has the faster car.

A z06 buyer can afford other cars as well, maybe even much more expensive cars, but he chose to buy a Chevy, the same as an MB buyer chosing to buy MB, or else.

In the end big props to Chevy for making a great performing Z06, and upcoming Z07. We gotta give credit when it is due.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Last 3 post's fully agree! KUDOS!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
The Blue Devil is going to smash a lot of cars. Addicted2Speed referenced several cars that might be better on a track, but how many people who buy these cars really truly track them? Most battles are solved in straight lines, from stops or on highways, nobody brags about how bad they passed that 360CS at the apex of that left-hand sweeper, it just doesn't happen.

Any chevy that can hang with a purpose built track car like a GT3RS or a Ford GT should be commended, and we haven't even seen what the Z07 can do on a track so who's to say that it won't pound those other cars into sand when its released.

What do you think, they're dumping the extra 30k into a roots blower??? There are going to be some major suspension revisions, it will likely weigh even less and have even better brakes, hopefully an interior that doesn't look like a toddler built it out of legos. Maybe the buzzing of that Celica motor is rattling too much in your head.

This car is going to dominate everything out there, we should all be scared, and there's no question that GM's ability to package that sort of ultra-performance in a 100k car is nothing short of an amazing feat.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by 355Spider
You mean kinda like Mercedes. To the average person the Sl500 looks exactly like the Sl65. The E500 looks just like the E55. That's a pretty weak argument.
You put chrome wheels on your Ferrari?????

Last edited by xxaarraa; 10-19-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:55 AM

Multiple
I agree, Ferrari is 100% different that a supra. It is much better looking, more technologically advanced, more fun to drive, has one of the best interiors, and will destroy a supra on track. On the other hand, if you modify a C6, it will look 100% the same as Z06/Z07, will be 100% the same in fun to drive, will have 100% the same crap interior, and most likely will be faster. We're talking about GM modifying C6 vs other companies modyfing C6 for much, much cheaper. The only good argument you can really make is that Z06/Z07 will have warranty... but thats really not an issue since there are many well-designed turbo kits that a huge percentage of corvette owners use with no problems.

P.S. RawAMGPower, I dont think your argument is valid. I'm thinking of buying a C6, twin turboing it and will blow away your Z07 for much less money in a car that looks the same.

You drive a glorified Toyota Celica that has to be revved to 14k rpm all day to get 120 ft-lbs of torque. Stop hanging on to cliches. Hating on American cars is old. Go rev your ricer motor.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 AM

Multiple
I agree, Ferrari is 100% different that a supra. It is much better looking, more technologically advanced, more fun to drive, has one of the best interiors, and will destroy a supra on track. On the other hand, if you modify a C6, it will look 100% the same as Z06/Z07, will be 100% the same in fun to drive, will have 100% the same crap interior, and most likely will be faster. We're talking about GM modifying C6 vs other companies modyfing C6 for much, much cheaper. The only good argument you can really make is that Z06/Z07 will have warranty... but thats really not an issue since there are many well-designed turbo kits that a huge percentage of corvette owners use with no problems.

P.S. RawAMGPower, I dont think your argument is valid. I'm thinking of buying a C6, twin turboing it and will blow away your Z07 for much less money in a car that looks the same.

You drive a glorified Toyota Celica that has to be revved to 14k rpm all day to get 120 ft-lbs of torque. Stop hanging on to cliches. Hating on American cars is old. Go rev your ricer motor.