Sponsored by:

kleemann pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Well, I bought ASP pulleys for the simple reason I could not afford Kleeman and Boost wise they do provide more boost. Bi-turbo is selling his pulleys for a reasonable price compared to how much they are new. He is a fair guy in negotiation and I am sure you could squeeze a few hundred bucks out of him like I did with the Headers, heheheh lol! Hopefully they should be here next week. I have the ASP pullies and have no problem whatsoever running my car, it is incredible the power i got out of it, I will dyno today to get a figure of power. After I install the Headers then my next concern will be getting the correct tune for my ECU, it will have to be some other tunner since kleeman will not do this separately or will they?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........with the hennessey and ASP pullies, you will need a smaller water pump pulley. As understand it, a smaller water pump pulley will overdrive the water pump while a larger pulley will underdrive it. So with the Hennessey and ASP pulleys, you are overdriving not underdriving your water pump.
i'm not disagreeing with you here, i understand what underdrive and overdrive do isn't the whole point of using a smaller(overdrive) pulley on the water pump is so you can use the stock size blower belt? thats why i said to not even worry about the water pump pulley and just get a bigger belt. your not going to gain anything by "overdriving" your water pump except it will prolly wear a bit faster then it would normally.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
i think the problem is clearance around the larger pulley so the water pump pulley is made smaller. no big deal.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by 4npower
i'm not disagreeing with you here, i understand what underdrive and overdrive do isn't the whole point of using a smaller(overdrive) pulley on the water pump is so you can use the stock size blower belt? thats why i said to not even worry about the water pump pulley and just get a bigger belt. your not going to gain anything by "overdriving" your water pump except it will prolly wear a bit faster then it would normally.
.......as mentioned by another member, the reason for the smaller waterpump pulley is that the bigger ASP and Henessey pullies are to big to fit phyisically with the stock water pump pulley in place. Not a big deal. I agree with your central point that one need not worry too much about the accessories.

Ted
Old 10-20-2006, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
Well, I bought ASP pulleys for the simple reason I could not afford Kleeman and Boost wise they do provide more boost. Bi-turbo is selling his pulleys for a reasonable price compared to how much they are new. He is a fair guy in negotiation and I am sure you could squeeze a few hundred bucks out of him like I did with the Headers, heheheh lol! Hopefully they should be here next week. I have the ASP pullies and have no problem whatsoever running my car, it is incredible the power i got out of it, I will dyno today to get a figure of power. After I install the Headers then my next concern will be getting the correct tune for my ECU, it will have to be some other tunner since kleeman will not do this separately or will they?
although i dont know the guy i read in another thread that cory from kleeman will help with tunes only.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:34 PM

SL65 AMG
Jody, Just call Cory and tell him you are getting my headers and if he can get you a tune. I know he did one for xtian for his pulley and the cost is like 1k or so. The headers are here ready to ship, just got back in town and will check the mail tomm ( hint hint)
Old 10-25-2006, 04:08 AM

W211 E55AMG
1k for tune.....just stupid. cant say more