Sponsored by:

kleemann pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG
kleemann pulley

Hey guys I have a kleemann pulley up for grabs pm me if interested.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
New? How much?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 AM

SL65 AMG
Off my 06 e55 k2, was already sold but it took awhile to have the dealer get the parts off and the buyer found another one. 1800.00 plus shipping
Old 10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Sorry Jude.... Thats my bad.... I couldn't wait any longer....

Everyone, Jude is a great guy to work with.. definately trust worthy....
Old 10-19-2006, 12:22 PM

SL65 AMG
Man I cant belive you were at amg. You are one very lucky guy. Maybe on my next amg I will go over there and pick it up. Hows the car running? You liking the the pulley and tune? Just take esp off and hold the break and put the car in m mode and then into first and enjoy the smoke show!!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Not too be rude but why so much? The ASP pulley is $799.00 and makes even more psi.Im not seeing where the 1800.00 comes into play here,when the ecu tune is another 1k.For a few bucks more Cory will install a new pulley and ecu tune.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Not too be rude but why so much? The ASP pulley is $799.00 and makes even more psi.Im not seeing where the 1800.00 comes into play here,when the ecu tune is another 1k.For a few bucks more Cory will install a new pulley and ecu tune.

I believe the kit itself straight from Kleeman is around 3400ish dollars. So you are definately saving about 600.00 because it was in his car for a few hundred miles. Alot of people decide to go with ASP as it is cheaper in price but with anything, kleeman is a reputable company that has done their R/D. Thats why it cost so much and just an FYI, kleeman will not sell the pulley alone. It is a package deal. I've tired.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Man I cant belive you were at amg. You are one very lucky guy. Maybe on my next amg I will go over there and pick it up. Hows the car running? You liking the the pulley and tune? Just take esp off and hold the break and put the car in m mode and then into first and enjoy the smoke show!!!!!

Jude,

The car is running ok. Its in the shop to get lowered and also to get the IC pump installed. I did a dyno run on my car and it produced 480 torque which i loved but only 350 rwhp. NOt too impressive. I believe its the IC pump that is failing so i am getting a new one. But it pulls and pulls and pulls and doesn't stop pulling...its sick.... i love it...thanks for all ur help... i now can smoke my tires whenever i want...hehehhe
Old 10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I believe the kit itself straight from Kleeman is around 3400ish dollars. So you are definately saving about 600.00 because it was in his car for a few hundred miles. Alot of people decide to go with ASP as it is cheaper in price but with anything, kleeman is a reputable company that has done their R/D. Thats why it cost so much and just an FYI, kleeman will not sell the pulley alone. It is a package deal. I've tired.
I just dont see the price call for the pulley.They are both the same stock pulley and concept.The R&D isnt in the pulley,its in the ECU tune.So once again $1800 for a used pulley just doesnt sound tempting when the same deal can be had for $799.00.The guy has every right to ask whatever price he wants for his item,but if he really wanted to move it I would think a comparable price would be better.I'd give $850-900 shipped for the pulley.Not trying to rain on this guys day either here,just IMO is all.

When and if I do the ECU tune I will use Cory for it,I like his attitude and service that he has provided to me so far.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM

SL65 AMG
No offense taken and I think if some one wants the pulley and makes a serious offer I will look at it, that being said for 800-900 I would just keep it and wait til I get another 55. Kleemann will not sell just the pulley and I think they are still cheaper then renntech. Renntech makes great products but I think 5-6k for an air box is high but others do not. The big picture is I can get a pulley for my hummer for 49$ but thats what the market supports. No big deal if some one wants it I will sell it and if not some can go by the k1 pkg new. On a side note Cory is a great guy and I will always use Cory. He took care of my e55 and will take care of any other mb car I have!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What exactly does K1 include? Just the one pulley and belts Im assuming? I thought it was the ECU as well.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
What exactly does K1 include? Just the one pulley and belts Im assuming? I thought it was the ECU as well.
k-1 is pully ECU air filters for retail $3395.00 i dont thik 1800 is over priced if you compare it to the rest it all about the same. on that note i think all this ecu pully is way over priced but thats what people are paying so the price stays up. like bi turbo said my hummers super charger installed was only 5000 and a pully ecu upgrade is total 600 bucks.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
k-1 is pully ECU air filters for retail $3395.00 i dont thik 1800 is over priced if you compare it to the rest it all about the same. on that note i think all this ecu pully is way over priced but thats what people are paying so the price stays up. like bi turbo said my hummers super charger installed was only 5000 and a pully ecu upgrade is total 600 bucks.
Very true - mods for these cars don't come cheap. I think ASP has it down as that their pulley is "reasonably priced" and actually runs higher boost than Klee or Renntech. ECU adjustments are WAY overpriced from any tuner IMO.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:24 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Fair Price (a bit long)

Thought I'd chime in here. I just bought an in-the-box new Kleemann pulley from one of our board members for $1500.00. Having read horror stories about other pulleys requiring different sized belts (even though they "claim" to work with a stock belt) and some pulleys being so oversized that they throw the fuel/air ratio off without an ECU flash, I decided a bit more money for a genuine Kleemann or RennTech piece was worth the peace of mind. Cory was SUPER cool with me when I inquired about the pulley via e-mail even when he knew he wasn't going to sell me anything. He even discouraged the $1000.00 ECU flash unless and until I want to step up to headers and a TB. (Excellent marketing on his part) He said the stock ECU program will adapt to and run fine with the pulley. Also, consider how many dealerships respond to a request for installation of aftermarket mods as if you were holding out a live cobra. My dealership says "as long as the part says Kleemann or RennTech on it, we install it without a second thought." So, $1800 for the pulley even of you go with the $1000.00 ECU flash is about 2k less than the comparable RennTech Stage I mod (about $5k). Not bad. BTW: this post is absolutely NOT a 'dis' on RennTech and their prices. They are expensive, but worth it. Bob Brady has answered close to a MILLION e-mail inquiries of mine over the life of my CLK55, my wife's ML55 and my recently acquired E55. He even sent me a copy of the build sheet and receipts on a '94 SL7.4 RennTech that I was bartering for but never acquired. Like all things in life, you generally get what you pay for. Sometimes you are paying for reputation, reliability, and longevity in the market. Even though those things are intangibles, they most certainly DO have value. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
everything i have seen for these cars is ridiculous. $3395 for a pulley, ecu tune, and air filters is just strait taking it in the ***.
i have been modifying cars(doing the work myself ) for 15 years and have had countless cars and have never seen stuff cost so much. when i had my lightning and cobra, you could get a ecu tune, pulley, and air filters for about $800 which gave either vehicle over 100whp. hell the kenne-bell blower was only $3k +. the problem is, that people pay these stupid amounts so the manufactures keep the prices high. "he paid $95k for the car so he has the money to pay $1800 for a pulley that costs us $200 to make"
had i have known that there were a limited amount of people making parts for these cars, i might have changed my mind about the purchase. don't get me wrong i love the car to death, but "stock sucks" is my motto so to be driving around stock is killing me right now
so for the people that think that $1800 is a good deal on a pulley....please put your wallet away and come back down to earth just because it costs more doesn't mean it is better
Old 10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 4npower
so for the people that think that $1800 is a good deal on a pulley....please put your wallet away and come back down to earth just because it costs more doesn't mean it is better
We're not saying that parts for MBZ's are more expensive than parts for Mustangs because they're better. Since the market for these parts is so small, manufacturers can sell them at ridiculously high prices. The cost/quality ratio is exactly the same as any other tuner's parts for other cars, but thats the thing - its a ratio. In this case, 1,800 is actually a reasonable price given that to get this setup from Kleemann you need to spend a full $3k+. Of course, if we were talking about a Stang or a Supra, these prices wouldn't even be mentioned.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM

SL65 AMG
Think how I feel the ecu tune for the 65amg is anywhere from 6500-6800k just for a tune and the air box and tune together are like 12k I think. I dont set the prices but if I had to pay it I will not give anything away. I was blown away when I looked at modding a ford gt compared to the amg cars, talk about a bargin. Kenne bell front snout for the blower, tb, tune , extra pulleys was like 3k and was worth 200hp!!! Thats life I guess you gotta pay to play.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PDC
Cory was SUPER cool with me when I inquired about the pulley via e-mail even when he knew he wasn't going to sell me anything. He even discouraged the $1000.00 ECU flash unless and until I want to step up to headers and a TB. (Excellent marketing on his part) He said the stock ECU program will adapt to and run fine with the pulley.
I guess I got suckered out of 1k from kleeman..! I sure didn't get that advice!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:16 PM

SL65 AMG
I dont think you got suckered at all. I think and correct me if I am wrong but the ecu just helps to maximize the air fuel and help the car with the extra boost you added. I know just out of tuning my car about 3 times or so cory got me another 10hp and an easy 15lbft just by leaning it out a bit. I think you made the right choice.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by PDC
Thought I'd chime in here. I just bought an in-the-box new Kleemann pulley from one of our board members for $1500.00. Having read horror stories about other pulleys requiring different sized belts (even though they "claim" to work with a stock belt) and some pulleys being so oversized that they throw the fuel/air ratio off without an ECU flash, I decided a bit more money for a genuine Kleemann or RennTech piece was worth the peace of mind. Cory was SUPER cool with me when I inquired about the pulley via e-mail even when he knew he wasn't going to sell me anything. He even discouraged the $1000.00 ECU flash unless and until I want to step up to headers and a TB. (Excellent marketing on his part) He said the stock ECU program will adapt to and run fine with the pulley. Also, consider how many dealerships respond to a request for installation of aftermarket mods as if you were holding out a live cobra. My dealership says "as long as the part says Kleemann or RennTech on it, we install it without a second thought." So, $1800 for the pulley even of you go with the $1000.00 ECU flash is about 2k less than the comparable RennTech Stage I mod (about $5k). Not bad. BTW: this post is absolutely NOT a 'dis' on RennTech and their prices. They are expensive, but worth it. Bob Brady has answered close to a MILLION e-mail inquiries of mine over the life of my CLK55, my wife's ML55 and my recently acquired E55. He even sent me a copy of the build sheet and receipts on a '94 SL7.4 RennTech that I was bartering for but never acquired. Like all things in life, you generally get what you pay for. Sometimes you are paying for reputation, reliability, and longevity in the market. Even though those things are intangibles, they most certainly DO have value. Just my 2 cents.
........I am pleased you are happy with your Kleemann Pulley. I However, I think it is wrng t say that there have been any major issues from pulley by other vendors. ASP, renntech, Kleemann, Hennessey all use stock pulleys with added larger uter diameter. Some are larger than ther requiring a saller water pump pulley which ASP and Hennessey sell together in their their pulley kit. I don't know what horror stories you are talking about. Infact it was Hennessy that origiated the idea of using pulley upgrade wihout ECU modification in the AMGV8K cars. At the time people were arguing that the Henessy folks did not know what they were doing. The truh is the pulley upgrade in the AMGV8K is a bullet proof modification regardless of vendor and higher cost vendors are not any better.

Ted
Old 10-19-2006, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
........I am pleased you are happy with your Kleemann Pulley. I However, I think it is wrng t say that there have been any major issues from pulley by other vendors. ASP, renntech, Kleemann, Hennessey all use stock pulleys with added larger uter diameter. Some are larger than ther requiring a saller water pump pulley which ASP and Hennessey sell together in their their pulley kit. I don't know what horror stories you are talking about. Infact it was Hennessy that origiated the idea of using pulley upgrade wihout ECU modification in the AMGV8K cars. At the time people were arguing that the Henessy folks did not know what they were doing. The truh is the pulley upgrade in the AMGV8K is a bullet proof modification regardless of vendor and higher cost vendors are not any better.

Ted

So you think running pullies as large as ASP's without any ECU adjustment whatesoever is ok? I would think running that much boost would lean you out too much, no? Also, does anyone know if accessories weaken when pullies are installed? Since the pulley is larger and therefore takes away RPM's from the accessory belt I would assume the general energy of the car (alternator, A/C, radio, etc.) suffers. Im sure the effect of this is minimal though...
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
So you think running pullies as large as ASP's without any ECU adjustment whatesoever is ok? I would think running that much boost would lean you out too much, no? Also, does anyone know if accessories weaken when pullies are installed? Since the pulley is larger and therefore takes away RPM's from the accessory belt I would assume the general energy of the car (alternator, A/C, radio, etc.) suffers. Im sure the effect of this is minimal though...
............Yes I think so. The problem is that people are too lazy to dyno their car. As a matter of gospel, whatever major engine mod you do, you should dyno your car and get before and after results with A/F ratio. This will answer your question. As for the other accessories, it is likely that with they will were out sooner, but no one knows how soon. You simply replace whatever accessory wears out in the future. Enjoy your car.

Ted
Old 10-20-2006, 07:44 AM

Also, does anyone know if accessories weaken when pullies are installed? Since the pulley is larger and therefore takes away RPM's from the accessory belt I would assume the general energy of the car (alternator, A/C, radio, etc.) suffers. Im sure the effect of this is minimal though...
Why would the accessories suffer?
correct me if i'm wrong but when you install a larger crankshaft pulley to spin the blower faster, that is all that happens......the blower spins faster. the accessories spin at the same rate as they did from the factory. the crank pulley has 2 seperate belts running on it, one for the blower and one for all the accessories. they don't change the accessory side of the pulley do they? i think maybe the water pump is on the blower belt but why even worry about it. just get a larger belt. god forbid we would have to spend a few minutes at the auto parts store getting the right size belt. i mean they don't have coffee or a tv to watch while your car is getting serviced
even if you do "underdrive" the accessories, you will be fine. the accessories are able to work in a wide range of engine rpms. electronics can operate down to 9 volts perfectly ok. plus people have been underdiving the accessories for decades to get a few more hp.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:58 AM

So you think running pullies as large as ASP's without any ECU adjustment whatesoever is ok? I would think running that much boost would lean you out too much, no?
the ecu has a wide range of operation. it constantly is adjusting the air/fuel, timing and other engine functions. adding a few pounds of boost isn't going to cause anything major. there is a certain point where the ecu can't make enough adjustment, but that is the point where your injectors are close to 90% duty cycle anyways so it would be time to upgrade alot of other things as well. from my experience, you can add 5-7psi of boost and the factory ecu will be able to compensate. factory boosted cars are set to run very rich anyways from the factory so by adding a few pounds of boost, you are probably leaning it out to where it should be. needless to say, wideband o2 sensors are cheap as hell these days ($250-$1,000) so i would advise to install one anyways. i've got a few of them laying around the house and will be installing one along with a boost gauge when i do my pulley
Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by 4npower
Why would the accessories suffer?
correct me if i'm wrong but when you install a larger crankshaft pulley to spin the blower faster, that is all that happens......the blower spins faster. the accessories spin at the same rate as they did from the factory. the crank pulley has 2 seperate belts running on it, one for the blower and one for all the accessories. they don't change the accessory side of the pulley do they? i think maybe the water pump is on the blower belt but why even worry about it. just get a larger belt. god forbid we would have to spend a few minutes at the auto parts store getting the right size belt. i mean they don't have coffee or a tv to watch while your car is getting serviced
even if you do "underdrive" the accessories, you will be fine. the accessories are able to work in a wide range of engine rpms. electronics can operate down to 9 volts perfectly ok. plus people have been underdiving the accessories for decades to get a few more hp.
..........with the hennessey and ASP pullies, you will need a smaller water pump pulley. As understand it, a smaller water pump pulley will overdrive the water pump while a larger pulley will underdrive it. So with the Hennessey and ASP pulleys, you are overdriving not underdriving your water pump.

Ted

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: kleemann pulley