E55 k4 vs Bmw M6 video!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Ok I concede defeat. I am an idiot for using magazine tests.
And yet again, you deceptively try to rewrite history. Your own definition of an idiot was not someone who used magazine tests. Your complaint was "different drivers" and "different cars", unless of course it is you who posts tests of different drivers in different cars.

Originally Posted by M&M
What does that make you then for using street videos from different continents?
(scratching head....)...umm, psst...sherwin, baby: did you happen to read the data I posted earlier of the American M5 test and the Euro M5 test, or are you purposefully acting like a dunce?

Allow me to quote:
Originally Posted by Improviz
Road & Track's Euro-spec M5, tested in Europe, using European gasoline, ran 0-60 in 4.2 secs, 0-100 in 9.5, and a 12.4 @ 115.8 1/4 mile. Car & Driver's American-spec M5, tested in America, by a different driver, ran 0-60 in 4.2, 0-100 in 9.4, and the 1/4 in 12.5 @ 118.
So what was it you were saying about the validity of comparing tests run on different continents again?

Or do you think that North America and Europe are the same continent??

So given the above, I certainly don't see any problem with this rather ridiculous "different continents" point you've been belaboring to death. Do you? If so, please explain the above results.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:42 AM
M&M

So what was it you were saying about the validity of comparing tests run on different continents again?

Or do you think that North America and Europe are the same continent??
Let me guess. Your superior intellects deduces that this is sufficient proof that cars testing similar numbers on different continents proves that the cars run the same?

I can post results where the same car model was tested in different continents & posted different results. What does that prove?

You are a piece of work.

Anyway, you use a controlled magazine test to prove that 2 test cars runs similar times in different locations. I sure as hell hope you don't think you can use that to prove anything about a street video.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
This ENTIRE thread is

Completely pointless arguments going round in circles ... but you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
[QUOTE=blackbenzz;1816192]What color is it? There will be a nice M6 at the next track day. You going to imports vs. domestics on sunday at MIR? I'll be there.
[QUOTE]

Yeah I was planning on going to MIR. The M6 is black. There are also 4 other 55 AMGs in the hood, 2 C6Z06s, new 997TT and then Curtis bad *** M3. I went out to Lily Pons the other night and got some footage of my two friends 8 and 9 second C6's. I ran against the high 8 second car and lost by about 20 cars -- yes 20. He's got a procharger built 408 with a 2 stage NOS in the range of a 300 shot.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by e55 baller

Yeah I was planning on going to MIR. The M6 is black. There are also 4 other 55 AMGs in the hood, 2 C6Z06s, new 997TT and then Curtis bad *** M3. I went out to Lily Pons the other night and got some footage of my two friends 8 and 9 second C6's. I ran against the high 8 second car and lost by about 20 cars -- yes 20. He's got a procharger built 408 with a 2 stage NOS in the range of a 300 shot.
Oh, I didnt know you lived close to C. I've been to his house a couple times. Yea theres some nice cars out there (not to mention the huge houses). Does the Black M6 have HRE's on it? I gotta come out to Lily Pons one night just to see these cars run. Its looking like Nov. 24th for the rental but Capitol hasnt confirmed it yet. 300 shot! Never even heard of something that high. Next time tell him to spot you 30 cars I woul dbe scared to run anything single digit on the street, thats asking for traction problems.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Let me guess. Your superior intellects deduces that this is sufficient proof that cars testing similar numbers on different continents proves that the cars run the same?
Um, gee, let me think...two BMW M5s, tested by two different magazines, at two different times, by two different drivers, on two different continents, ran within one tenth of one another in 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times. No, gee, how could anyone possibly conclude the two cars run the same when they run the same?

I mean, this is like going outside at noon on a clear day and saying the sun is out! Any superior "intellects" (sic) could see the illogic in this, and point out that it is actually pitch dark outside.

Originally Posted by M&M
I can post results where the same car model was tested in different continents & posted different results. What does that prove?
It proves, contrary to your rather odd claim to the contrary, that which continent the cars were tested on has absolutely, totally, nothing to do with it, which is what I was arguing, because this also holds true when the cars were tested on the same continent.

Originally Posted by M&M
Anyway, you use a controlled magazine test to prove that 2 test cars runs similar times in different locations. I sure as hell hope you don't think you can use that to prove anything about a street video.
Oh, no, because as you have not established in any way, shape, or form: only Gustav's videos are valid. All other videos are fraudulent and cannot be trusted.

No, people: don't believe what your eyes tell you! Believe unbiased presentors like M&M, who has trolled here for over three years promoting BMWs, and Gustav, who receives BMW loan cars from BMW to market them via his slickly-produced videos, and who routinely deletes posts and videos which don't suit his pro-BMW marketing agenda!

Believe bizarre explanations about what continent the cars were filmed on, the phases of the moon, magic pixies, or black magic!

Believe, believe, believe!! Say it with me!!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:39 PM
M&M

Imp, Euro spec cars have better LC, different headers, software etc. You may find some tests that run similar numbers, but that is coincidental.

However, at least a magazine tests using a formal procedure with a reasonably prepped car (press car normally), with a magazine test driver, in a controlled enviroment.

Comparing 2 street videos from different continentstrying to infer anything by them is absurd. Surely you have adequate brain power to realise this. We don't even know what revs the guys were revving to, if they were running the car in, & so many other variables. It''s just plain ridiculous.

For example, I hear E55's beat the E63's handily over there. And yet I have seen some videos over here of an E63 beating an E55. Do you want to use that as proof genius?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yawn.....

You'll forgive me, M&M, but I've wasted far too much time deflating your illogical conclusions, disproving your patently false assertions, and breaking your circular logic.

Given the number of times you've been proven, in this thread alone, to have made dubious and outright false assertions, then backed awey from them when requests were made for references, and shown to be wrong by data, I can only conclude that no matter what facts are presented, no matter how often you're proven to be wrong, you'll just keep banging away, coming up with new non sequiturs, excuses, conjecture, and similar blather.

So by all means, blather away....but the videos show what they show, no matter how many illogical arguments or false insinuations you throw at them.

But you've lost. And I'm done.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-31-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:20 PM
M&M

But you've lost. And I'm done.
No actually you've lost. You've posted pages of bull that talk around in circles & prove nothing.

Then we come back to the original point of this entire argument. Your "proof" that the M6 is not stock is 2 street race videos of 2 different sets of drivers.

So I guess you lose, until you provide proof of you ridiculous allegation that the M6 is not stock.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Wow, the both of you need to just meet up and fight. Seriously, this has gone way too far.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Wow, the both of you need to just meet up and fight. Seriously, this has gone way too far.

Ohhhhh, that would be good. We could set up some sort of MBWorld Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM
M&M

I rate I can take him. My spider sense tells me he eats too many donuts.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
I rate I can take him. My spider sense tells me he eats too many donuts.
Well, if you're ever in the US, you are more than welcome to try. I've seen your photos...no sweat on this end.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM
M&M

Yeah dude, but I'm like a Kung fu master & stuff. I got the beard & everything.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Good then, lets have a meet somewhere desolate, bring half the forum along, park our cars in a circle and you two can duke it out in the middle like its some horrible B movie like Jean Claude Van Damme's "Lionheart".
Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
M&M

Man, I can picture the scene. Roundhouse kick to the head. Knee in the ribs. Impro-man wincing in pain, begging for either his life or a donut.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hmm, so I lost, eh?

Well, let's have a look and see who's made the patently false claims here, eh?

False claim number one: internal modifications to an engine could be seen by looking at an external view of an engine:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=94
(I guess you can tell me how much money is in a bank vault by looking at it as well, eh? )

False claim number two: "circumstances contrived" in videos I provided. Asked for what circumstances, and any evidence of them, repeatedly, none provided:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=104

False claim number three: The M6's mufflers were stock. Proof repeatedly requested; none provided:

False claim number four: The Kleeman guys examined the M6 after the race. Proof repeatedly requested; none provided:

False claim number five: In a thread in which I'd already posted three videos, you claimed that I would never accept any video, and implied that I'd claimed that any video has to be rigged, neither of which are true:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...53#post1813953

Oh, what else...ah, here, you said the following:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=114
Originally Posted by M&M
comparing videos from different continents with different spec cars, different drivers, different fuels, etc, doesn't count as proof.
But then, later in the thread, you used the fact that different results from different magazines with different drivers *helped* your argument:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=139
Originally Posted by M&M
But if you not happy with 3 different results on 3 different sets of cars from 3 different magazines, then take it up with the editors of these respected mags.
....then, you later turned around and cited six different tests, done by two different magazines with different drivers, in this post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=136

So, there you have it: you can't compare tests done by different drivers, in different cars--unless, of course, you are M&M.

Further, there are numerous instances on posts of yours from throughout this forum using different cars, driven by different drivers, by different publications, on different continents. Here are three; there are dozens more:

Oh, and then you claimed that cars on "different continents" could not be compared. However, you have, in numeous threads, cited not only European tests, but also American tests (Car & Driver, Road & Track, and Motor Trend) of the same cars.

So, there you have it: you can't compare tests done on different continents--unless, of course, you are M&M.

And you say *I* lost? What a joke.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-31-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Almost a Member!

1997 E420
lol. Comedy now... You guys are crazy... Below is the official comments from Kleeman Denmark that I just saw posted on M5board. The comments sound very professional to me and should answer a lot of questions in this thread...

-------------------------------------
Official comment from Kleeman Denmark:

The race between the E55 and the M6 is the result of:

5 speed auto box vs. - 7 speed F1-gear box =

·more opportunities to stay in peak power rev range
·much faster up-shift times

The superfast gear shift and many gears give the M6 its major advantage. We also saw how the M-cars were able to give the Gallardo and 997 Turbo with manual shift a run for their money.

Other possible factors:
·Vehicle mass (1650 vs 1750 kg)(at least at lower speeds)
·8,000 rpm redline vs 6300 rpm redline
--------------------------------------------------
Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
M&M

Geez but you need a life. You did in fact lose, because you arte the ONLY IDIOT on the planet that claims the M6 was not stock. The Z06 owner has posted on this forum that the M6 looked legit.

SO the onus is on you.

Anyway, you say I claimed falsely that circumstances contrive to give certain cars an advantage in certain races. WTF? Which part of that do you want me to explain? Don't you speak English? Look at how the M6 passed the KLeeman. Circumstances contrived for that to happen.

Here's the pictures from the event.:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81321

Note the M6 has the stock mufflers. The videos are from inside the M6 & exhauats sounds stock. Listen to the Kelleners M5 for the sound of a modified exhaust.

The M6 revs to the stock rev-limiter as can be seen on some of the on-board videos.

There are owners of exotics there that are knowledgable on cars. Kleeman who are experts on Modifying cars. Koenigsegg who is a car builder. None of these guys even whisper any thoughts about the M6 not being stock. It sounded stock, looks stock, revs stock, idles stock. What mods does it have?

BTW, you just lost.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
M&M

I can't remember which of the M6's raced the Kleeman, but here's the other one''s mufflers anyway. They must both be modded hey Imp?

Seeing as both M6's raced a few times & were pretty even, I guess they both had the "stock look" with hidden mods.

What a piece of work you are man. Give it up already.

Last edited by M&M; 10-31-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
One more personal attack and the thread locks.

It's nice to have the discussion on topic, but we've been around this bush before, many times.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:45 PM

W211 E55AMG
Originally Posted by W420
lol. Comedy now... You guys are crazy... Below is the official comments from Kleeman Denmark that I just saw posted on M5board. The comments sound very professional to me and should answer a lot of questions in this thread...

-------------------------------------
Official comment from Kleeman Denmark:

The race between the E55 and the M6 is the result of:

5 speed auto box vs. - 7 speed F1-gear box =

·more opportunities to stay in peak power rev range
·much faster up-shift times

The superfast gear shift and many gears give the M6 its major advantage. We also saw how the M-cars were able to give the Gallardo and 997 Turbo with manual shift a run for their money.

Other possible factors:
·Vehicle mass (1650 vs 1750 kg)(at least at lower speeds)
·8,000 rpm redline vs 6300 rpm redline
--------------------------------------------------
If that is true, Kleemann SUCKS!

There is something wrong
Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Almost a Member!

1997 E420
Originally Posted by Finnish C32
If that is true, Kleemann SUCKS!

There is something wrong
No idea how true or "complete" the comments are as I'm not sure if any part of comments have been cut out. I think it would be nice to have board members here to verify with Kleeman Denmark directly as well to get both side of stories.

And I don't agree Kleemann "sucks". Let's be fair. We alll saw how many cars it pulled during the initial start and it's clear K4 is clearly much faster before the 150 mark. Also keep in mind that this is rolling start. Racing from the dig to 1/4 mark would most likly turn the table around completely even with a K2.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
M&M

Originally Posted by W420
We alll saw how many cars it pulled during the initial start and it's clear K4 is clearly much faster before the 150 mark.
YEah looks like the K4 went full throttle a full second before the M6. Must have got loads of momentum getting the jump like that.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
MODERATORS! I think this topic should be stoped.

Seriously there will eb no peace here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 k4 vs Bmw M6 video!