The Zaino effect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
www.zainobros.com

its all there.

i believe microfibre is the clear choice for rags...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by Dogshine
www.zainobros.com

its all there.

i believe microfibre is the clear choice for rags...
Thanks I was just wondering if any users had their experience (i know their is a detail thread :/). It just seems that there is so much out there to buy and I think I have half of it in my garage. I just want to get one system, keep it, and throw the rest out! I have Meguiars Professional line products, their shelf nxt generation tech wax, and their gold class products. I have Mother's power polish two step process and their #1 paint cleaner wax. I always finish with the Zymol though....I find they have an amazing product. I have a Makita buffer and pad everywhere, I just want to simplify the whole process (and clear some s*%$ out of the garage!)

When I looked on the website it didn't say whehter you throw wax on at the end, so I am not sure ?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Looks beautiful!! I love that color.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:28 PM

CLS55
you just use their products..... read their website. its all you'll need. you can now fit another car in your garage
Old 11-02-2006, 12:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Zaino will not fix any scuffing or spider webbing on your car. Zaino is a very strong and long lasting top coat product but it will not make less than perfect paint look like new. 95% of the final product will depend of the preparation of the paint before zaino.

Your car will need to be:

1) Clayed
2) Buffed with a moderate compound
3) Buffed with a finishing compound to bring back the new luster again
4) Then you can use a product like zaino to protect and shine the paint.

The buffing with a porter cable or straight drive buffer will remove the scatches in your paint. Depending on the depth of the scrathes in your car you may not need to use a 2 step buffing process. The 2 step process first takes out the larger scratches but it leaves fine scratches in the process. The second round with the buffer will then remove the fine scratches and leave the pain perfectly level and blemish free (with in reason).

Finally from the looks of your sig I would go for a final topping product such as Blackfire wet diamond since it offers a more "deep" finish in a dark colored vehicle. The Zaino products work best on lighter colored vehicles as they are extremely bright but lack depth. Black cars look amazing when finished with a nice deep finish that looks miles deep. Wet diamond offers the protection of zaino but it also has the depth normally only seen in high end carnuba waxes like pinnacle souveran (the best carnuba wax I have ever come across).

Go to Properautocare.com to find these products and they offer the best step by step directions to creating the best looking car around. They are second to none in advise on finish protection for a do it your self type of person.
Nice post. It follows the same lines as a paint job. It's only as good as the preparation. High dollar wax is not neccesary to make the paint "pop". Meguiars NXT is easy to use and works excellent. Thats just an example of a good AUTO ZONE brand.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:49 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Has anyone ever tried to apply the Z-PC product using a buffer? In the instructions it does say that you can do this I was just wondering if anyone has so I could get their input. I should be getting my ultimate package tomorrow and I am debating whether I should use my wheel with the Z-PC.