Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video:e55 Vs 350z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
M&M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Arrow, I agree with you 100%. It sounds highly unlikely for an M3 to run 1.5 60ft. And I'm an M3 fan. But I'm just posting the results as I saw them. But yeah, it is quite hard to swallow.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Blue Arrow
Spoke to m&m bout the nos, my mistake guys, sorry, he does not have nos on the e46.
That 1.5 60ft is bs to me, not even a fluke could do that in an e46 with semi's,i believe that that time was an error on the equipment and there were errors on the day that i know of. He ran low 13's all day and then that. That was the quickest 60ft of the day even against full drag cars that were running 10's on the day. His got to back that up for it to be real. then too a 12.65 @ 105mph, surely thats wrong, the speeds way low. A nissan van with a 600+hp motor that ran 10.3 with front wheels of the ground on the launch(about 8 inches) at 134.5mph ran a 1.641 60ft, on the same day, same track. Go figure.
Ah, thank you so much! it's very nice, not to mention informative, to have a window into the convenient little omissions M&M makes! I hope you guys stick around and continue to keep him honest!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Blue Arrow, I agree with you 100%. It sounds highly unlikely for an M3 to run 1.5 60ft. And I'm an M3 fan. But I'm just posting the results as I saw them. But yeah, it is quite hard to swallow.
Yes, it is. And I'm sure that your newfound skepticism has nothing whatsoever to do with Blue Arrow's pointing these facts out to us, right? Because it seems like only a few moments ago, you were singing a different tune...in fact, you've been singing a different tune ever since you posted about this 1.5 second 60' time:

Originally Posted by M&M
P.S. You know Cleo just ran 12.65 @ 170km/h with a 1.5 60ft in a normally aspirated M3 with only a few bolt-on mods?
Yes...very obvious there that you found it to be "highly unlikely" and "hard to swallow".

Originally Posted by M&M
ChicagoX, ths last event was prepped due to some 9 sec cars from up North coming down for the event. Anyway, do you want a link to the results? It's got nothing to do with me what 60ft some other guy did.
Ah, yes, indeed....one can literally see the disbelief and skepticism dripping off of that post as well.

Yes, indeed....very obvious that you found this 1.5 second 60' time to be highly unlikely" and "hard to swallow"...which is why you:

a) brought it up in the first place;

b) didn't mention any of the points stuff Blue Arrow just told us to clarify it;

c) failed to mention any of this to ChicagoX when he pointed out that it was highly unlikely and hard to swallow.

And it also explains why you so strenuously agreed with ChicagoX's cynicism in this response::[
Originally Posted by M&M
ChicagoX, ths last event was prepped due to some 9 sec cars from up North coming down for the event. Anyway, do you want a link to the results? It's got nothing to do with me what 60ft some other guy did.
Yes, that surely explains it.

Right?

Last edited by Improviz; 11-08-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
M&M

Chimp, "I find it hard to believe" & "he ran xx time" are not mutually exclusive terms. I can find it hard to believe & yet still post the official results from an event. You I & Blue-Arrow can argue till we blue in the face. Cleo's time stands & he went home with the trophy. There were no other anomalies & very expensive Truvello timing equipment was used. So yeah go & type up another page but Cleo will still have the trophy in his cabinet & his record will stand.

SOmetimes great things happen & I'm not a sour-poes to run down another man's achievements with excuses & sour grapes like you.

Last edited by M&M; 11-08-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
dodge dodge dodge weave weave weave spin spin spin
Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
M&M

Hey CHimp, why don't you type up a whole page of why you think it's not possible on this thread. They send it to the KZN Drag racing commitee & ask them to strip his trophy. What you think? Maybe your plan will work & the time will get stripped. Worth a shot methinks. At least you will be able to sleep at night knowing your job is done & the world is a better place.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Talking The first rule of holes....lol

Originally Posted by M&M
more dodging more dodging more dodging more weaving more weaving more weaving more spin more spin more spin
Old 11-09-2006, 01:35 AM

E55 2004
Originally Posted by M&M
Chimp, "I find it hard to believe" & "he ran xx time" are not mutually exclusive terms. I can find it hard to believe & yet still post the official results from an event. You I & Blue-Arrow can argue till we blue in the face. Cleo's time stands & he went home with the trophy. There were no other anomalies & very expensive Truvello timing equipment was used. So yeah go & type up another page but Cleo will still have the trophy in his cabinet & his record will stand.

SOmetimes great things happen & I'm not a sour-poes to run down another man's achievements with excuses & sour grapes like you.

I don't think that time will stand as a record as it was run only once, still needs to be backed up. Rules have it that it must be run twice at the same event.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 AM
M&M

Yeah sure, he has to do it again to stand, you are correct. But he did run the time & won his class.

I had a look at the run & the trap speed, & they look right. His trap was the lowest of the day, indicating a good hookup. He trapped a full 7 km/h lower than Sameer on that run.

Also if you look at the time of the run, you can see who he lined up with in the other lane. It was a 4BR car that ran the same 60ft he ran on his 3 other runs.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 AM

E55 2004
Originally Posted by M&M
Yeah sure, he has to do it again to stand, you are correct. But he did run the time & won his class.

I had a look at the run & the trap speed, & they look right. His trap was the lowest of the day, indicating a good hookup. He trapped a full 7 km/h lower than Sameer on that run.

Also if you look at the time of the run, you can see who he lined up with in the other lane. It was a 4BR car that ran the same 60ft he ran on his 3 other runs.

Do you think its possible for M3 to run a 1.5 60ft on Dr, considering that on the same strip the Drag Nissan with 30x15 full slick mickeys lifting the front of the ground, running 10.3 did a 1.6 60ft.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 AM
M&M

I personally don't think it's possible. However I called Cleo to congratulate him & he explained a few things like staging very shallow & running 0.5 bar tyre pressure (yeah that's right). he says pushing the car up the line it took many guys just to push it a few metres cos the tyres were so low. That might also explain the low trap.

Also, look at the hundreds of other runs, including the car he lined up with on that run & no-one else had reported any dodgy times. A few times in the past I have said some things were not possible, only to be proven wrong when I saw it withy my own eyes. The Bonnert's V-tec is as example. Every said its impossible until they started running the times & beating the turbo cars.

Also, Nasen has a lot more HP than Cleo, so that might contribute to his 60ft being slower.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Talking The first rule of holes, revisited:

Originally Posted by M&M
Cleo's time stands & he went home with the trophy. There were no other anomalies & very expensive Truvello timing equipment was used. So yeah go & type up another page but Cleo will still have the trophy in his cabinet & his record will stand.
Originally Posted by Blue Arrow
I don't think that time will stand as a record as it was run only once, still needs to be backed up. Rules have it that it must be run twice at the same event.
Originally Posted by M&M
Yeah sure, he has to do it again to stand, you are correct.
Blue Arrow, we love you, man!!! Thanks for keeping this guy honest!!

Originally Posted by M&M
dodge dodge dodge weave weave weave spin spin spin
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M&M, why didn't you take your M5 order? Daddy didnt give cash?

and wheres your video of you so called M5 claimed to have done mid 11s in Australia?