Sponsored by:

Is A K4 faster than stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Shouldn't the bottom line be get the 7 speed AMG tranny for your E55K?
NO,

since the new 7sp has 2 overdrive gears 6 and 7, therefore that would not help either.

1 through 5 are shorter, but 6 and 7 are used to save gas. Its an improvement over the 5sp, but enough to match the SMG3.

The flaw for both 5 and 7 AMG transmissions will corrected with a DSG. Supposedly in the works, but who knows when it will be ready.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
I agree... headers were probably the difference not the IC pump. It was 50 degrees out the results were the same from the 1st race to the last.
Only if the kleemann headers are putting down like 20-30hp more to the wheels then the Renntech, which I doubt the increase is that much. With both of you at high hp levels a 10hp increase off of headers is not going to give you a car and half pull. Its your IC pump and/or maybe your E55 just dyno'd higher stock. Also, the rear rotors and the wheels you have on your car can play a difference too.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
First off several kleemann header owners have had them crack on them. That's fact not BS. Secondly Renntech can make long tube headers for you that are even larger then the kleemann ones however they are considered custom and will cost more. The standard RT headers have been dyno tested and show they add 20hp and 20tq to the wheels on a 55K car. I'm not sure what the kleemann put to the wheels but I'm sure its around the same number and if by chance they make 5-10 more to the wheels that will not be the factor in who wins the race, because at the hp level they are both at 5 to 10hp is nothing.

Compare these RT dyno charts.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/Imag...5.5K/55K_2.jpg

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/Imag...5.5K/55K_4.jpg
You are forgetting the kleeman car does not have primary cats. That alone is a 10 to 15 rwhp difference.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:18 PM

W211 E55AMG
Did the K4 loose the race NO, since the race was upto 250kph. But if they would of kept going, the K4 would have lost.

oh. weight difference doesnt mean "anything" in high speeds, and if stock E55 does something like 190mph, stock M6 maybe 195mph, why 640hp K4 is slower? thats impossible.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:46 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Finnish C32
Did the K4 loose the race NO, since the race was upto 250kph. But if they would of kept going, the K4 would have lost.

oh. weight difference doesnt mean "anything" in high speeds, and if stock E55 does something like 190mph, stock M6 maybe 195mph, why 640hp K4 is slower? thats impossible.
A stock M6 can go 200+! Also how do you know weight makes no difference at high speeds? Personally at high speeds I think weight very much does play a factor.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Yeah, I figured. He really needs the intercooler upgrade that comes in the stage 6.

RudyRono if your reading this get that done and race Josh again I guaranty the outcome will be different. If you want to add more stuff ask Renntech about heads and cams.
I've thought about the RennTech IC pump and after seeing Angela's 55 last night, the EVO intercooler is somewhat appealing as well. I'm just not sure I want to plunk down another chunk of change just to "pull Josh." Although, it does sound somewhat appealing.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Finnish C32

Sure looked to me like the K4 lost.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
A stock M6 can go 200+! Also how do you know weight makes no difference at high speeds? Personally at high speeds I think weight very much does play a factor.
Weight has virtually *NO* affect on terminal velocity. Cd, HP, frontal area are the triumvirate of top speed.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
kleemann ,renntech is good lol but BRABUS thats what you have to look at , ill try my best to get the video where k8 530 hp Brabus MURDERSSSSS a k3 o and heres another video you'll al enjoy =] http://video.motoavangard.com/Merced...5_BMW%20M6.wmv
Old 11-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Is that guy serious?!?!?!?

He spins out the M6, drives the SL55 with the 3/4 window down, then races on a public road !

Did the first guy to show up with the cars get the job?
Old 11-03-2006, 11:09 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
lol hes saying that the sl55 is faster and better handling he LOOOVES the way sl55 handles
Old 11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
The most useless test i ever saw!!! MEh!

Is it me or did he drive sl55 with traction on?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I agree... headers were probably the difference not the IC pump. It was 50 degrees out the results were the same from the 1st race to the last.
Hey Josh I guess my car is neck and neck with the Renn? Glad I had u in the car to celebrate with me. The three of us know what happened that night. Josh u even said my car was faster than yours..... 1+1=unverifable for me. We need to hit the Central Cali track in Jan.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Hey Josh I guess my car is neck and neck with the Renn? Glad I had u in the car to celebrate with me. The three of us know what happened that night. Josh u even said my car was faster than yours..... 1+1=unverifable for me. We need to hit the Central Cali track in Jan.
We should race and find out... are you still in town?

Initially from a dig that was definitely my thought, but I think your 19" PS2's vs. my 20" 25 series Yokohamas play and big role in that. I also think that Quaife LSD helps a lot. I could definitely feel the difference.

I'll probably be adding that and the evosport FMIC to my car in the next couple months.

You should hang around here until Wednesday and hit the track with all of us, and see what your car runs. I hoping to go mid 11's at 120+ .... we'll see.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We should race and find out... are you still in town?

Initially from a dig that was definitely my thought, but I think your 19" PS2's vs. my 20" 25 series Yokohamas play and big role in that. I also think that Quaife LSD helps a lot. I could definitely feel the difference.

I'll probably be adding that and the evosport FMIC to my car in the next couple months.

You should hang around here until Wednesday and hit the track with all of us, and see what your car runs. I hoping to go mid 11's at 120+ .... we'll see.
I'm still here, but something happened to the brakes the other night. I went out to the car after our 170 mph cruise, and a blue fluid stained my front drivers side wheel, and it was all over my rotors. I need to get the car to the dealer asap to avoid brake failure.

I agree that your wheels played a roll. Remember my PM? lol I also agree that you are in need of a LSD. I think you would dominate with your skills off the line if you could stop the wheel spin.

My evosport IC upgrade is one of my favorite mods, second to the sick custom exhaust they built me. I drove the car hard in tripple digits in AZ this summer, and she stayed at 80. Oopsie I drive the car hard all the time and that needle never moves.

We need to plan a track date. Hey Josh does the wife still get her goodies if you get the IC upgrade and the LSD?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:52 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I'm still here, but something happened to the brakes the other night. I went out to the car after our 170 mph cruise, and a blue fluid stained my front drivers side wheel, and it was all over my rotors. I need to get the car to the dealer asap to avoid brake failure.

I agree that your wheels played a roll. Remember my PM? lol I also agree that you are in need of a LSD. I think you would dominate with your skills off the line if you could stop the wheel spin.

My evosport IC upgrade is one of my favorite mods, second to the sick custom exhaust they built me. I drove the car hard in tripple digits in AZ this summer, and she stayed at 80. Oopsie I drive the car hard all the time and that needle never moves.

We need to plan a track date. Hey Josh does the wife still get her goodies if you get the IC upgrade and the LSD?
Angela,

Sorry to hear about your brakes. Again, it was fun getting together the other night and you did a great job as hostess. I feel bad that my video camera wasn't working that night but it seems to be working now. If you're still in town maybe we can hook up again and see how the cars run. This time, we'll have video. PM me is your interested.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rudyrono
Angela,

Sorry to hear about your brakes. Again, it was fun getting together the other night and you did a great job as hostess. I feel bad that my video camera wasn't working that night but it seems to be working now. If you're still in town maybe we can hook up again and see how the cars run. This time, we'll have video. PM me is your interested.
It was nice to meet you as well. I had fun with guys and your car is very fast. I would be happy to meet up, but there is no way I taking this car over 60. A car leaking brake fluid is very dangerous. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can make the five hour trip home without brake faliure. I plan on driving it straight to the dealer Monday morning. Why don't we plan a track day? Save that camera Mr.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:17 PM

2006 E55 AMG
It was nice to meet you as well. I had fun with guys and your car is very fast. I would be happy to meet up, but there is no way I taking this car over 60. A car leaking brake fluid is very dangerous. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can make the five hour trip home without brake faliure. I plan on driving it straight to the dealer Monday morning. Why don't we plan a track day? Save that camera Mr.
No problem. Drive safe and if you need anything before you leave town, don't hesitate to ask. A track day sounds like fun...if I could manage to stay in town long enough to actually make one. I've missed the last 5 track events here due to my crazy schedule. Work Work Work makes a very unhappy E55 owner.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

W221
that night was definitely good times...thanks again for the ride Richard...
Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to hear about your car... what do you think happened? That sucks.

Regarding a track day... ABSOLUTELY!!! Let's do it. I can call the track here (giving everyone an excuse to come back to Vegas) or we can do it in Cali... doesn't matter to me.

Let's get er' done.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Out Of Control!

Thanks for the ride in the back Josh! That was definitely insane! Didn't look too much ahead as i was gauging the stage 5 to see if it was pulling and it looked like it was but it wasn't. Nonetheless it was a good run!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Thanks for the ride in the back Josh! That was definitely insane! Didn't look too much ahead as i was gauging the stage 5 to see if it was pulling and it looked like it was but it wasn't. Nonetheless it was a good run!
Ya James... that was a lot of fun!!! We should all get together and do that kinda stuff more often!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:44 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Ya James... that was a lot of fun!!! We should all get together and do that kinda stuff more often!!!
You know I'm game.

BenzoBoi, you're welcome. Next time let's cruise in your ride.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to hear about your car... what do you think happened? That sucks.

Regarding a track day... ABSOLUTELY!!! Let's do it. I can call the track here (giving everyone an excuse to come back to Vegas) or we can do it in Cali... doesn't matter to me.

Let's get er' done.

The car is going into the dealer at 7am tomorrow to find out. I had to drive the 210E55 today. I forgot how slow it is compared to the 211.

Please Josh I am begging you..... I don't think my body can handle Vegas for at least 6 months! LOL I just got home at 1am last night, and I haven't slept in days. LOL Why don't we try out that track in Central Cali? It's elevation is better than Vegas, and I heard it has the best track conditions? I am open to options. I was thinking of shooting for a January date? Kinda busy with the holiday stuff and travel plans.