W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre & post ASP pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately my only dyno is my butt. As far as I know, none of us LA guys are aware of any dynos in our area. BTW I just took the car out about an hour ago (temps are around 50F now) and wow. Felt much more powerful than it did earlier.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
The pulley is in.

I'm slightly torn on this mod. To start, if it is even possible, it is almost as if the added HP is more noticable than the added torque. Similar to when I drove the E63, I looked down and noticed that I was going 100 before I even knew it. The car definitely pulls harder in the lower rev range, but up top it kiiinnnddd of seems to plateau a little earlier than it used to. This may just be my error though because I am not used to the car reaching such high RPMs so quickly. I wouldnt be surprised if it were my mistake.

The car seems to be a different animal in a sense that its always ready to go. 2nd gear is now just as fun as first as it is always ready to break the tires loose. Its just much quicker on its toes in every gear.

Supercharger whine is LOUD! And it is awesome. I love it. It even sounds like the exhaust note is a little deeper and louder as well. Sounds much more forceful and furious. I dont have a datalogger but engine temps never surpassed the normal 85-87C.

All in all I am very satisfied with this mod. As my first mod I think its great because its not tooo much but still quite noticable. I havent gotten to drive it on the freeway yet which I'm sure will be a different experience, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I said I'm torn on the mod because from what I've been hearing, it should have made the car into more of a torque monster, but it seems to be more of a racecar. Either way, its still fun as hell!
congrats on the pullies...

you will notice a bit more noises from the engine and when starting up the car. It a bit more rough in cold mornings. Also the engine seems vibrate a bit more than stock. Not that noticeable, but maybe its just my imagination.

Right now, my sc clutch engagement is very noticeable, even to the point of very jerky. The pullies amplified this effect.

Also, my ic pump must be going bad, since the other day I was reaching 100c on my meter and I was loosing power (or so I thought)

I'm going to try to use the great people at LN MB (Vadim and Christmas) for help on the IC pump and SC clutch pack.

I called Caliber Motors or MB Anaheim to make an appointment and they never returned my call. I called again and they were reluctant to give me a loaner. What a joke!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe it. MB dealerships are hit or miss.

I like the noises coming from my car. You really can hear the air being thrown around in the manifold a lot more (kind of like a turbo) and you can most definitely hear the supercharger wind up which is sweeet.

Everyday drivability for me hasn't suffered though. Maybe after some more driving when the ECU adjusts it will get more jerky. Either I've just found the sweet spot on my throttle or my car is a lemon