W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by jangy
Actually, not we....me. I'm not sure how fast Vadim got.

i think max was 157 and 150+ on a couple of occasions.
on the way to sd i hit 150+ a number of times racing a gsxr 750 ( i somehow beat him, we drove/rode together for awhile). i also got down w/ a 997S conv. and killed him (15+ car lengths up to 150+), i guess it was tip
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Just for the record, there were about 20 - 30 cyclers throughout the ride.
I could care less if someone sues me, I do care if i hurt someone and take what measures I feel are adequate. I already mentioned it, but what the videos don't show is just how "in control" of the situation Vadim and I were in.

I did cross the yellow on a number of occassions. I noticed it then and it got better as we went on. I'm a little confused on whom you want to be the advocate for. If it is cyclists, then why do you care about the center? If it is the motorcyclists, then that is a bit different.

So, are you asying you grew up over the past six months, since that is the exact same stretch of road that I left you on?

I have too much respect for you to get into a spitting match. All I can say for now is that your points are noted and that I have been listening to what you are preaching more and more. That has been the reason why I have brought up the track days.

Whatever Jangy you are clearly not ever going to say anything other than I am so great and I can always be in control. The guy on the R1 said 2x that day way back when that when u chased him you were all over the road trying to keep up.

And for the record I never got near driving like you two that day Jangy. Do you not recall that? My car even broke that day and I drove up with 150 hp and went back down at the end of the day in your car. I get 20-25k out of my tires (when it does not have 2.5 degrees of neg camber -- right now I have 16k on my PS2's and the insides are almost gone) so lets see if I go canyoning all that often. I migh zip around an on ramp now and then but I dont see many guys riding a bike up a hill getting on the freeway. The last time I went out zipping around like that is years ago. I have done dumb things but ya I have slowed down and only bother going fast at the track.

Post away. Im done. Have a good night.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by AMG_55
as ive said many times before we ever met up, i dont nedd to prove anything to anyone, i enjoy driving, in the canyons. never been to the track but i can imagine its not nearly as fun going in a "circle". i did not go there to prove anything, we met up to go driving, simple as that.

i saw the biker, i actually lifted when i drove by him and made sure to give him room. i never go beyond my limits b/c you never know whats around the corner. i think the canyons are for everyone to enjoy, motorbikes, bikes, hikers, cars .........

as long as everyone respects each other and doesnt drive/ride over their limits.
He's talking about me.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Whatever Jangy you are clearly not ever going to say anything other than I am so great and I can always be in control. The guy on the R1 said 2x that day way back when that when u chased him you were all over the road trying to keep up.
Since we want to remember, lets set it straight (or true as you cyclists say). I wasn't "trying" to keep up with the R1. I worked him. He didn't say shhit about me being all over the road as I wasn't that day. He did say how amazed he was that a sedan held so much speed in the turns and was so flat. He did say i was all over him, is that what you mean?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

AMGs
Jangy,

You need to set up the camera inside your car bro.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Jangy,

You need to set up the camera inside your car bro.

I know. that damn cruise cam is in place and no camera to go with it.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
realize that his/her family will own your house, car, cash and life.
you mean his wife's house, his wife's e55, and his wife's cash.

incidentally, after watching the video, it occurred to me that the e55 was pretty brown looking, did jangy crash it once again?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
you mean his wife's house, his wife's e55, and his wife's cash.

incidentally, after watching the video, it occurred to me that the e55 was pretty brown looking, did jangy crash it once again?
Jangy never crashed it the first time. i ran off the road and lucked out by running into dirt. the only "damage" was some scratches on the front airdam (not even through the paint). Dunno why it looks brown to you. Perhaps the obsidian looks that way, or maybe it wasn't even me?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Both your cars are way too quiet.

Jang, go get the BenzGal exhaust special over at evosport.

AMG_55, go get a Kreis-sieg valvetronic exhaust for that thing!!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Glassjaw

I am planning on exhaust work very soon. We'll see what way i go. I don't see any EVO specific one on their site. We'll see if Chris can help clarify.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

im will be doing exhaust also, im thinking tubi, not familiar w/ kreis-seig, is that the one where you can control the "volume"?
i dont wanna pay extra for the control, i dont really mind if its loud all the time, its music to my ears
Old 12-04-2006, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 E55
Originally Posted by AMG_55
im will be doing exhaust also, im thinking tubi, not familiar w/ kreis-seig, is that the one where you can control the "volume"?
i dont wanna pay extra for the control, i dont really mind if its loud all the time, its music to my ears
They have a valve in the exhaust which either makes it straight pipes or muffled when you want to be quiet. Beautiful sound though!!

In cabin

Take off
Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
so its completely straight piped? no mufflers?
if thats the case then ill look into it.
i was gonna straight pipe my car but every1 ive been talking to says dont, its wayyyyy too loud for a dd.

thanks for the links and the info

They have a valve in the exhaust which either makes it straight pipes or muffled when you want to be quiet. Beautiful sound though!!

In cabin

Take off
Old 12-04-2006, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 E55
Sure looks like it!!!

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.php
Old 12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
its more than $5000 for a system for a cayman s, they dont even have one for a 997s. even if they did, **** that, id rather straight pipe and buy a set of hre's.

thanks for the pic and link, but 5g's for a regular exhaust is
i can get a complete exhaust (muffler, header, cats) and chip and airbox for that much.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Banned

F248 F1
I have to give Jangy MAD Credit for throwing that E like that... i have never seen anyone do that to 100k sedan... BIG BIG PROPS... BIG *****...GREAT DRIVING i wish their were more owners like Jangy with E classes!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Ms_V

Talking

Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Is the cross hanging on your mirror your insurance/gardian when you are driving recklessly on public roads?

I must say I like your girl friend or who ever that is.. I wish I could find a girl that told me I could "drive faster"
Thanks

Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Ms_V

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Hah i like how the girls says "baby you can go alot faster"

Guy in a 997 must feel alot better in those turns!!!

Great videos!!!
lol. Thanks

Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Ms_V

Talking

Me too, bro. It was lots of fun, considering how much "in control" we had the situation. The car will be handling better next time, I promise that. It doesn't usually push with the right setup, so it will be fun to see the extremes (light and agile vs heavy and strong). For now, I bow to you. Your attitude is why. You are a racer at heart and I respect that. Your girl is also a sweety. You two make a good couple!!
Thank you. You are a sweetheart as well. It was fun. We def have to do it again.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL

I agree her exhaust is pure growl!! Sitting in the back the sound
was pure bliss.

BenzGal, thank you for lunch. Keep me in mind about the RE symposium we talked about.

R.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Ok I am taking this to a different level now that I am out riding my bike on canyon roads during the day. In vid #2, you pass a man on his road bike with only a few feet to spare. You have to look closely to see it but it was there.

If you put a tire 2-3 feet of line because your E55 boat wont turn and manage to take a biker out realize that his/her family will own your house, car, cash and life. Besides that you get to live with having killed a person for no real reason.

Do me a favor and stay off the Malibu Canyons on weekends when I am out riding. Id rather not get mowed over by a guy trying to prove his manhood in his E55 when being chased by a guy in a 997 who is far faster.

Finally Jangy you managed to not stay on your side of the road more than a few times. So your prior posts that you dont cross the line are total BS. Go to the track kids this is 100% stupid and you will kill some one soon. You are not king of palamar your are the king of stupidity.

I was riding today up past the rock store and down decker canyon and I feared seeing that big black boat the whole time after seeing that some forum guys might be out here for the classic car show in Westlake.

I used to do this stuff a while back so I can relate to the fun but a change in my point of view (growing up) made me realize the risks were not worth it.

I should forward this to the CHP and tell them the next time these clowns want to go zip past a guy trying to exercise and stay in shape. The people minding their own business and being healthy always end up dead and the fools stay alive.

And yes I am pissed. Grow up!!

Kind Regards
I'm confused, you mention that you are gown up, but your constant berating of jangy, and others like myself, jay55, 2k6e55,sdsilvem3 and others that join him whenever we can, is getting old, grow up yourself, your point has been made and heard numerous time.

Have no fear we are not in your area so you can ride to your hearts content, but don't forget to give your lectures to drivers and riders in YOUR area. I'm sure they would really appreciate hearing your point.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
I'd kill for roads like that
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM

cclass05
Originally Posted by egxpimp
I have to give Jangy MAD Credit for throwing that E like that... i have never seen anyone do that to 100k sedan... BIG BIG PROPS... BIG *****...GREAT DRIVING i wish their were more owners like Jangy with E classes!
i cant believe some one with amg does not go over 35 and drives it like a s500
Old 12-04-2006, 07:55 PM

cclass05
cant believe she said go faster if i was in da car i will say slow down every 2 seconds for the whole ride. i will be so if i was in that p car or in jangy car.

Last edited by slammedcclass; 12-04-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
i cant believe some one with amg does not go over 35 and drives it like a s500

huh ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)