W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Thumbs up E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXiCxR0gi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XugRo-RRUqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158zkKFyEUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsL_FNtF24s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvXujwiErIE

closed course, computer generated, etc......

enjoy
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Old 12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Is the cross hanging on your mirror your insurance/gardian when you are driving recklessly on public roads?

I must say I like your girl friend or who ever that is.. I wish I could find a girl that told me I could "drive faster"
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
awesome videos!! seems u guys had a lot of fun

i think it would have been nice to see how well jangy's E55 would do if he was following u in the 997S.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Is the cross hanging on your mirror your insurance/gardian when you are driving recklessly on public roads?
yeah, he saved my *** on more than 1 occasion
Old 12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by jtc55

i think it would have been nice to see how well jangy's E55 would do if he was following u in the 997S.
no disrespect to jangy (he was driving the **** out of his car) but he wouldnt see which way i went

the e just cant corner nearly as fast as my car
Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by AMG_55
yeah, he saved my *** on more than 1 occasion
Yea I have a statue of jesus and mary on my dash. So far nothing bad has happened for me either. We call it "mexican insurance" around here.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Hah i like how the girls says "baby you can go alot faster"

Guy in a 997 must feel alot better in those turns!!!

Great videos!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Yea I have a statue of jesus and mary on my dash. So far nothing bad has happened for me either. We call it "mexican insurance" around here.
mexican insurance
Old 12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
hey vadim, did the E63 run w/ u guys? if so, how well did it do?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:26 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
the rest of us we're somewhere behind, nice vid, the best I've seen of jangy's and P car driving.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
hey vadim, did the E63 run w/ u guys? if so, how well did it do?
there were 2 e63's, one got lost somehow (i think)

the other did well, you cant really compare cars b/c the drivers are all of different ability. having driven a cls63, i think that an e63 will be faster than an e55 in the twisties. they put down the power more effectively and the steering/feel is much better, almost forget, the brakes are way better regarding feel.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212

I'd like to see it as well. Also, I need to have my absolute best handling setup to even come close. AMG_55 is just a monster in that 997. He uses that thing to its max, so i just could not shake him. Obviously, it is always easier to follow than lead, but I think he would be able to leave my sight on the tight side. The open side may be a different story as there are enough straights for my TQ to help. All in all, tight course goes to Vadim. I simply can't get the beast to hug like he can and I'd say that he has more edge on me in handling/brakes than I do on him in power.

The first couple of videos show how sloppy my front was, but especially with the dead tread (from Willow). Once that tread wore out and I had rubber the E did alot better. Not good enough to change any outcomes, but just better to where it was a joy to drive.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by 03c4s
the rest of us we're somewhere behind, nice vid, the best I've seen of jangy's and P car driving.
thank you, it was nice to meet you, we should meet up again sometime
Old 12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
there were 2 e63's, one got lost somehow (i think)

the other did well, you cant really compare cars b/c the drivers are all of different ability. having driven a cls63, i think that an e63 will be faster than an e55 in the twisties. they put down the power more effectively and the steering/feel is much better, almost forget, the brakes are way better regarding feel.
The other E63 did get lost on the initial climb. He PM'd me, so he made it home.

I don't know about the E55 E63 comparison. I don't know how you can put power down better than the E55, especially for my style. I haven't come accross an E63 that puts power down like mine. I'm sure we'll see more comparisons as R and I go on more rides. Next, the E63 also has a softer steering feel for me. I love the tight steering of the E55 (active). From what I hear, the E63 still has it, but it is "calibrated" to be softer. I don't know for sure if it does really have it or not. Some people prefer NOT to have it, so it depends on your taste. The braking feel is absolutely true. I've learned not to use the feel from the brakes, but it is a big difference in the two.

In all honesty, I'd say E55 / E63 would be more driver dependent than anything and also more year dependent. ONLY a late model '06 E55 will have the handling of an E63, since the parts are nearly identical. An older E55 will have too soft of bushings, and all.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by jangy
I'd like to see it as well. Also, I need to have my absolute best handling setup to even come close. AMG_55 is just a monster in that 997. He uses that thing to its max, so i just could not shake him. Obviously, it is always easier to follow than lead, but I think he would be able to leave my sight on the tight side. The open side may be a different story as there are enough straights for my TQ to help. All in all, tight course goes to Vadim. I simply can't get the beast to hug like he can and I'd say that he has more edge on me in handling/brakes than I do on him in power.

The first couple of videos show how sloppy my front was, but especially with the dead tread (from Willow). Once that tread wore out and I had rubber the E did alot better. Not good enough to change any outcomes, but just better to where it was a joy to drive.
yeah, your car got much better (visually, from what i saw) after some driving, it still pushed but not nealy as much. you were very fast on the open sweepers, i didnt know how fast to take them, 100, 120, flat out at 140+ , we need to do this some more so i can learn the road. i had lots of fun.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
yeah, your car got much better (visually, from what i saw) after some driving, it still pushed but not nealy as much. you were very fast on the open sweepers, i didnt know how fast to take them, 100, 120, flat out at 140+ , we need to do this some more so i can learn the road. i had lots of fun.
Me too, bro. It was lots of fun, considering how much "in control" we had the situation. The car will be handling better next time, I promise that. It doesn't usually push with the right setup, so it will be fun to see the extremes (light and agile vs heavy and strong). For now, I bow to you. Your attitude is why. You are a racer at heart and I respect that. Your girl is also a sweety. You two make a good couple!!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
The other E63 did get lost on the initial climb. He PM'd me, so he made it home.

I don't know about the E55 E63 comparison. I don't know how you can put power down better than the E55, especially for my style. I haven't come accross an E63 that puts power down like mine. I'm sure we'll see more comparisons as R and I go on more rides. Next, the E63 also has a softer steering feel for me. I love the tight steering of the E55 (active). From what I hear, the E63 still has it, but it is "calibrated" to be softer. I don't know for sure if it does really have it or not. Some people prefer NOT to have it, so it depends on your taste. The braking feel is absolutely true. I've learned not to use the feel from the brakes, but it is a big difference in the two.

In all honesty, I'd say E55 / E63 would be more driver dependent than anything and also more year dependent. ONLY a late model '06 E55 will have the handling of an E63, since the parts are nearly identical. An older E55 will have too soft of bushings, and all.

i guess youre right b/c ive only driven an 05 e55, never driven an 06
by putting power down, i mean, less tq @ higher rpm = better traction
Old 12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Me too, bro. It was lots of fun, considering how much "in control" we had the situation. The car will be handling better next time, I promise that. It doesn't usually push with the right setup, so it will be fun to see the extremes (light and agile vs heavy and strong). For now, I bow to you. Your attitude is why. You are a racer at heart and I respect that. Your girl is also a sweety. You two make a good couple!!
with the car you had, you did a great job. given that, i also to you. we both enjoy having a good time/drive, we gotta meet up and do this more often.

im sure that she'll see that, but i'll thank you for her in advance. so, thank you
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
i guess youre right b/c ive only driven an 05 e55, never driven an 06
by putting power down, i mean, less tq @ higher rpm = better traction

I had an '05 and upgraded simply for the better handling and active seats

Better traction is true, but I prefer the power on demand that my herky jerky style needs. I find the power allows me better recovery. Once I get a rythm down, I really don't know that TQ plays as big of role as does HP. In that case, it goes back to driver and setup.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
You two insane

Ok I am taking this to a different level now that I am out riding my bike on canyon roads during the day. In vid #2, you pass a man on his road bike with only a few feet to spare. You have to look closely to see it but it was there.

If you put a tire 2-3 feet of line because your E55 boat wont turn and manage to take a biker out realize that his/her family will own your house, car, cash and life. Besides that you get to live with having killed a person for no real reason.

Do me a favor and stay off the Malibu Canyons on weekends when I am out riding. Id rather not get mowed over by a guy trying to prove his manhood in his E55 when being chased by a guy in a 997 who is far faster.

Finally Jangy you managed to not stay on your side of the road more than a few times. So your prior posts that you dont cross the line are total BS. Go to the track kids this is 100% stupid and you will kill some one soon. You are not king of palamar your are the king of stupidity.

I was riding today up past the rock store and down decker canyon and I feared seeing that big black boat the whole time after seeing that some forum guys might be out here for the classic car show in Westlake.

I used to do this stuff a while back so I can relate to the fun but a change in my point of view (growing up) made me realize the risks were not worth it.

I should forward this to the CHP and tell them the next time these clowns want to go zip past a guy trying to exercise and stay in shape. The people minding their own business and being healthy always end up dead and the fools stay alive.

And yes I am pissed. Grow up!!

Kind Regards

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 12-03-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
with the car you had, you did a great job. given that, i also to you. we both enjoy having a good time/drive, we gotta meet up and do this more often.

im sure that she'll see that, but i'll thank you for her in advance. so, thank you
Ok, Ya go do it more often great idea.

I will say that you cleary are a better driver so lets not go prove it any longer.

It was nice to see the spot where Jangy flew off the road but for his sake he managed not to crash this time.

Track Days -- Safe

Canyon Road -- Not such a great idea boys.

Oh and we went 160 1x and 150 2x... real smart on nice sunny weekend.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Ok I am taking this to a different level now that I am out riding my bike on canyon roads during the day. In vid #2, you pass a man on his road bike with only a few feet to spare. You have to look closely to see it but it was there.

If you put a tire 2-3 feet of line because your E55 boat wont turn and manage to take a biker out realize that his/her family will own your house, car, cash and life. Besides that you get to live with killing people.

Do me a favor and stay off the Malibu Canyons on weekends when I am out riding. Id rather not get mowed over by a guy trying to prove his manhood in his E55 when being chased by a guy in a 997 who is far faster.

Finally Jangy you managed to not stay on your side of the road more than a few times. So your posts that you dont cross the line is total BS. Go to the track kids this is 100% stupid and you will kill some one soon. You are not king of palamar your are the king of stupidity.

I was riding today up past the rock store and down decker canyon and I feared seeing that big black boat the whole time after seeing that some forum guys might be out here for the classic car show in Westlake.

I used to do this stuff a while back so I can relate to the fun but a change in my point of view (growing up) made me realize the risks were not worth it.

I should forward this to the CHP and tell them the next time these clowns want to go zip past a guy trying to exercise and stay in shape. The people minding their own business and being healthy always end up dead and the fools stay alive.

And yes I am pissed. Grow up!!

Kind Regards
Just for the record, there were about 20 - 30 cyclers throughout the ride.
I could care less if someone sues me, I do care if i hurt someone and take what measures I feel are adequate. I already mentioned it, but what the videos don't show is just how "in control" of the situation Vadim and I were in.

I did cross the yellow on a number of occassions. I noticed it then and it got better as we went on. I'm a little confused on whom you want to be the advocate for. If it is cyclists, then why do you care about the center? If it is the motorcyclists, then that is a bit different.

So, are you asying you grew up over the past six months, since that is the exact same stretch of road that I left you on?

I have too much respect for you to get into a spitting match. All I can say for now is that your points are noted and that I have been listening to what you are preaching more and more. That has been the reason why I have brought up the track days.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Actually, not we....me. I'm not sure how fast Vadim got.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Ok, Ya go do it more often great idea.

I will say that you cleary are a better driver so lets not go prove it any longer.

It was nice to see the spot where Jangy flew off the road but for his sake he managed not to crash this time.

Track Days -- Safe

Canyon Road -- Not such a great idea boys.

as ive said many times before we ever met up, i dont nedd to prove anything to anyone, i enjoy driving, in the canyons. never been to the track but i can imagine its not nearly as fun going in a "circle". i did not go there to prove anything, we met up to go driving, simple as that.

i saw the biker, i actually lifted when i drove by him and made sure to give him room. i never go beyond my limits b/c you never know whats around the corner. i think the canyons are for everyone to enjoy, motorbikes, bikes, hikers, cars .........

as long as everyone respects each other and doesnt drive/ride over their limits.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)