W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
i dont think you understand how i drive.

i look in my rearview at least 35% of the time and all around me, just in case, i know exactly what is going on around me while im driving (even at normal speed on the fwy or city), i pay attention to what kind of car is behind me all the time (braking performance), i study the drivers, etc......

yes i do speed around corners sometimes, so what, whats the difference between you speeding on a straight and me in the corners? speeding is speeding.

canyon driving is my hobby, people shoot guns, play sports, knit, play w/ animals, bike, do drugs, etc... i drive, simple as that, my hobby is not anymore dangerous that contact sports, shooting, etc.., **** can happen everywhere.

people driving 60 in the left lane are 10000000000 times more dangerous that a good/experienced fast driver. why? b/c they make us switch lanes, most of the time that requires cutting people off etc... just b/c some idiot takes it offensively when i high beam him asking him to move over.

i can go on and on and on, but i wont. if you dont get it yet, youll never get it
Old 12-05-2006, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
you guys are ........ in a good way.........
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i dont think you understand how i drive.

i look in my rearview at least 35% of the time and all around me, just in case, i know exactly what is going on around me while im driving (even at normal speed on the fwy or city), i pay attention to what kind of car is behind me all the time (braking performance), i study the drivers, etc......

yes i do speed around corners sometimes, so what, whats the difference between you speeding on a straight and me in the corners? speeding is speeding.

canyon driving is my hobby, people shoot guns, play sports, knit, play w/ animals, bike, do drugs, etc... i drive, simple as that, my hobby is not anymore dangerous that contact sports, shooting, etc.., **** can happen everywhere.

people driving 60 in the left lane are 10000000000 times more dangerous that a good/experienced fast driver. why? b/c they make us switch lanes, most of the time that requires cutting people off etc... just b/c some idiot takes it offensively when i high beam him asking him to move over.

i can go on and on and on, but i wont. if you dont get it yet, youll never get it
lol actualy i do understand about driving look in the rear view mirror i do that quite alot myself... i dont trust teh *** hole behind me 99% of the time because they are to busy doing something else...sometimes i tap my breakes on purpose and keep my eye on that person just to see if they are paying attention ...anyways all i know is that Vadim Jangy and I terrorize the forum with our great driving.... as my lil bro would say battle of the *****s we need to have our match !
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by 03c4s
+1

So yes the name is odd given my tune but if you bother to look back to 2001 when I started this name you might see that a few years have passed since then.

I said I stopped racing around AND I never did this monkey business around bikers during the weekend. 2am is far different than 12pm on a Saturday or Sunday. I dont have video to show for my driving events and if I did the video would be pretty boring.

Im not here to worry about what you think. I am trying to slow people down for the common good. If you missed that I could honestly not care less. At least I made my point and now I can move on.

When I want to go driving quickly I go to the track. Simple as that.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 12-05-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by gE63
Dangerous…hum…how do you’ll define this? Both of the drivers in question where not only in control but very skilled as demonstrated by the videos. Are you the types that want to legislate morality, eating habits, drinking, smoking, or anything else that seems dangerous to Mother America? Sounds a lot like Germany sixty or so years ago. What is life without risk? Perhaps we should all wear shower shoes, helmets whilst we ride our bicycles, eat fat free foods and require mandatory exercise…it’s people like you that are a danger to our safety as well as our freedom…

Race on brothers…
There is a place for everything and life is about calculated risk taking. I doubt that racing a canyon road is a wise plan when you can drive any number of road courses here in California that are far more fun that a blast up a public road. I dont care if Jangy eats 10 cheese burgers, piles down 100 beers, is 100% out of shape and smoke 10 packs a day. That is his choice (I have no idea about his physical shape and I am making no claim about it... just an example). If he wants to do things that put me and others at risk I have a problem with it. I do what I want to do to have the life I like. Would I love to fly down the road every day on my way to work and do 4 wheel drifts the entire time? Oh heck ya. But I dont because its not something I deem reasonable.

I only use Jangy as an example here to prove a point.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by awiner
I can count enough violations easily for Reckless driving.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt. I have seen my fair share of fatalities and know how easily accidents happen.
Exactly. Jangy is actually quite a nice guy. He has passion for his car, is fun to hang with and likely is a generally good guy. I just dont like his driving on those videos.

I have had the poor luck of driving past many wrecks in the last few years where I have seen bodies flopped in the road, people hanging out the windows of cars pinned inside dying, people 100% destroyed, and people in serious pain. I dont want to see that happen again. I have a cliff behind my house that people fly off of many times a year. Last time 9 people were in a Sentra and all had to be air lifted out one by one. Thats not what you like to see at 2 am. The screams you hear of people crying for help of the yells of a girl having just been told that her driving killed her best friend are things I dont want to hear. And I dont want to hear that anyone got hurt or killed on a nice fun weekend drive.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy
Are track days allowed? I was wondering what the speed limit was on a track. After all, racers die, too??
Yes track days are allowed. At a track day everyone there is there to drive quickly and we all have the same mentality. People that are out of control and asked to leave and those there for the sport of it enjoy the day.

A good club sees people that are out of control and tell them to get lost and never come back.

At the track, Jangy, the ability to kill someone is still very great but the people there know the risk and have signed up for that risk. On the road you are taking people who want NOTHING to do with your driving and putting them at risk.

I am always one to keep my eyes out for drivers at the track who might put me at risk and I stay away. That is why the advanced group is always the safest place to be -- if you are able to keep pace and comfortable with the passing rules). Those drivers are skilled, respectufl and dont want to risk anything. The Blue group (middle) always seems to be people with more power and speed than ability. This is the same idea as the phrase "a person with a little knowledge (but not a complete understanding) has the ability to be very dangerous."

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 12-05-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:14 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Yes track days are allowed. At a track day everyone there is there to drive quickly and we all have the same mentality. People that are out of control and asked to leave and those there for the sport of it enjoy the day.

A good club sees people that are out of control and tell them to get lost and never come back.

At the track, Jangy, the ability to kill someone is still very great but the people there know the risk and have signed up for that risk. On the road you are taking people who want NOTHING to do with your driving and putting them at risk.

I am always one to keep my eyes out for drivers at the track who might put me at risk and I stay away. That is why the advanced group is always the safest place to be. Those drivers are skilled, respectufl and dont want to risk anything. The Blue group (middle) always seems to be people with more power and speed than ability.

I'm usually in the advance group... and i kick ***... and my mentality is to lap everyone as many times as possible... i hate losing...ill do anything within my skill as a driver to do in order not to lose...

btw 0 crashes and i get compliments from everyone... maybe you should tell me what club your part of so i wont join it
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
CynCarvin......

i see what youre saying and i respect your point but my car only broke traction once on a heel and toe b/c i didnt match the revs and the rear stepped out about a foot.

im not driving anywhere near my limit or the cars limit.

i only do that by myself, at night, on a deserted road
Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by egxpimp

I'm usually in the advance group... and i kick ***... and my mentality is to lap everyone as many times as possible... i hate losing...ill do anything within my skill as a driver to do in order not to lose...

btw 0 crashes and i get compliments from everyone... maybe you should tell me what club your part of so i wont join it
You assume I give a hoot if you lap me!

FYI

I dont care....
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
As expected, this thread turns into another one of those "I'm holier than thou (read: I have bigger nuts than thou)" thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ibtl!

Just checked out the videos. Looks like you guys had fun.

Quit arguing. Maybe everyone needs to go look at some cows? ROFL!

Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jangy
You too, huh? Heard of glass houses? Hmmm...
Yes i've heard of it and all i'm saying is just to be careful. I know it's all in good fun bro...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
As expected, this thread turns into another one of those "I'm holier than thou (read: I have bigger nuts than thou)" thread

Actually, it was never about nuts. Neither AMG_55 nor I came close to losing control on that day. Videos cn be deceptive. I'm done posting on here and I'll keep the haters out of my life. You spend the money on an AMG just for show and that's fine, but some actually enjoy the sport.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by JamE55
Yes i've heard of it and all i'm saying is just to be careful. I know it's all in good fun bro...
I just took offense to the tone. Saying to be careful and "praying" for the souls I kill are completely different messages.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
totally agree...thats why i posted before... fuken pp on the cell and starbucks... yet we get critize for driving fast but safely, and being 110% focus behind the wheel..
Well I wont disagree tht a focused driver going quickly is less of a hazard than a woman paying more attention to her plastic surgery repaired face while driving her pointlessly large Denali XXXXL. In fact there are studies out of the UK saying that a driver going 15-20 mph over the limit is far less likely to have an accident than on going 5 under the limit. This is likely due to the increased amount of focus required to go that speed. Trouble is we have issues like speed gap here in the states where going 80 could be a big issue if you come across the bloke in the beat up truck going 45 on the freeway.

But the poit here is that the driving in th video while some say it is "under control" is beyond the relm of faster can be safer for you are at a point on the friction circle that does not allow for the sometimes needed drastic course changes required to avoid an object or person.

How many times have we all been driving down a road, canyon road, whatever and had some absolute retard on the wrong side of the road looking at the pretty view etc (or some fool on a bike who decides to venture away from the side of the raod into your path -- not the driver of the cars fault but still is nice to avoid the chap)? I know I could list 100's of times its happened to me. If you are going 80-100 up palamar and you have this happen you are less likely to be able to miss that car than if you were going say 60 in that 55 zone (because who goes the posted limit all day long anyhow?).

These canyon roads are such fun due to the turns, terain, elevation changes, etc but that same stuff also attracts people on holiday, people out for a nice weekend drive, people out for a bike ride, etc. Trouble is we have to share the road with those people who are also using it.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by AMG_55
btw,

whats up w/ that track day?
Track days are very hard to put on this time of year. Between the questional weather and people traveling for the holidays its hard to nail down 30 people to make the event happen. Clubs doing it for profit tend to want 50-80 people per event and thats really hard to get this time of year.

You have to book months out to get everything in line but people do not want to commit to a date say in Feb because for all we know it will be poring rain and 35 degrees out. If that happens chances are people will flake and you will be stuck witha 5k buck loss due to mother nature.

Some events do happen in this season but its just harder to find them.

You dont have to go rent the track your self. There are many clubs that rent willow, fontana, Buttonwillow, Seca etc and let you attend for 150 bucks or so. When you stop and think about it you dont really want more than say 3 hours of track time for your car will go through a set a tires and pads well before the end of the day at your own private track event. Sometimes its fun to run with other people as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Track days are very hard to put on this time of year. Between the questional weather and people traveling for the holidays its hard to nail down 30 people to make the event happen. Clubs doing it for profit tend to want 50-80 people per event and thats really hard to get this time of year.

You have to book months out to get everything in line but people do not want to commit to a date say in Feb because for all we know it will be poring rain and 35 degrees out. If that happens chances are people will flake and you will be stuck witha 5k buck loss due to mother nature.

Some events do happen in this season but its just harder to find them.

You dont have to go rent the track your self. There are many clubs that rent willow, fontana, Buttonwillow, Seca etc and let you attend for 150 bucks or so. When you stop and think about it you dont really want more than say 3 hours of track time for your car will go through a set a tires and pads well before the end of the day at your own private track event. Sometimes its fun to run with other people as well.
I agree, but hmm i like it when it rains, its a challenge

so i dont mind when it rains or not... i actualy prefer rain...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Well I wont disagree tht a focused driver going quickly is less of a hazard than a woman paying more attention to her plastic surgery repaired face while driving her pointlessly large Denali XXXXL. In fact there are studies out of the UK saying that a driver going 15-20 mph over the limit is far less likely to have an accident than on going 5 under the limit. This is likely due to the increased amount of focus required to go that speed. Trouble is we have issues like speed gap here in the states where going 80 could be a big issue if you come across the bloke in the beat up truck going 45 on the freeway.

But the poit here is that the driving in th video while some say it is "under control" is beyond the relm of faster can be safer for you are at a point on the friction circle that does not allow for the sometimes needed drastic course changes required to avoid an object or person.

How many times have we all been driving down a road, canyon road, whatever and had some absolute retard on the wrong side of the road looking at the pretty view etc (or some fool on a bike who decides to venture away from the side of the raod into your path -- not the driver of the cars fault but still is nice to avoid the chap)? I know I could list 100's of times its happened to me. If you are going 80-100 up palamar and you have this happen you are less likely to be able to miss that car than if you were going say 60 in that 55 zone (because who goes the posted limit all day long anyhow?).

These canyon roads are such fun due to the turns, terain, elevation changes, etc but that same stuff also attracts people on holiday, people out for a nice weekend drive, people out for a bike ride, etc. Trouble is we have to share the road with those people who are also using it.
Okay i see what you mean..... yeah i agree to a point.... hmm they should have done it at night around 2-3 AM like i do... then yo kknow odds of cars comming from oppsite side is very slim and if their is.;.. you can see the headlights waybefore you get to them.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:19 PM

cclass05

Old 12-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
sammed scared of the rain ?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Merce-rati
I totally agree wit Jangy and AMG 55 100%, there are obviously 2 guys who understand there capabilities and the capabilities of their cars as obviously most people do not. i mean **** why buy AMG if your not gona try to push the limit sometime, and they ****in did it in an safe manner at that. youll never know your drving limit or your cars limit if you never push it.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Merce-rati
and seriously get the **** over it... ****
Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

F248 F1
man, my next speeding video is going in this section lmao you guys are actualy PRO speed with drivers with skill !
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

I have never done the big track in the wet but I have done the streets in the rain. I was actually fairly quick in the wet even on worn race rubber. It was funny how I started having to drive better given the conditions and that translated to a very fast lap when the track had a dry line for say 20 minutes between storm cells.

I did a 1:34.xx on the track when it was semi wet with a ok sized dry line most of the way around. That was over 2 seconds faster than my normal time and I got to say the wet conditions forced me to be smother and better at what I was doing.

The bad part about the rain is what to do between sessions, when you need to work on the car, and where to put your gear to stay dry. The driving in the wet is fine -- its all the other issues that show up. Last thing you want is your tools floating down the road in a river of rain water!

Plus not many people will show up and you will for sure lose some money on the event.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 12-05-2006 at 07:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 & 997S Having Fun In the Cyn's (VIDEOS)