W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MotorTrend dragrace: M5 vs E63 AMG (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
1) It's spelled "groupie"

2) A point is "moot" rather than mute.

3) If my posts "negate" how ignorant and immature I am, then they make me not immature and ignorant.

Basic English helps. Try it once in a while......
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

3) If my posts "negate" how ignorant and immature I am, then they make me not immature and ignorant.

Taz,

You seem like a good guy and I always enjoyed you post on M3Forum (at least until they let you go).

Do you post here because you like Mercedes or only to inform us that we are misguided if we don't prefer BMW's.

BTW a lot of us also own BMWs.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
+1
Old 12-27-2006, 05:21 PM

2006 E55, 2007 GL450
Wink

+1

S.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Drag radials wont help the M5 much because when I've seen them run, traction out the hole is NOT the problem. Its the TORQUE that its lacking. Running 11.5 on nitrous is not a very big accomplishment, even if he is running on 20's. How big of a shot was he running? Put that same shot on an E55 on 20's and it would demolish that number.
Just as a side note- Without powerbraking at all I can cut a consistent 1.7 60'. Its not solely because of the tires, its the TORQUE!!!!!!!!
All the M5's ive seen still cut over 2.0 60 foots, that means they are having big trouble out the hole. 11.5 @ 125 with a 100 shot, thats a pretty high trap speed (BTW this is not ATCO where most of all the fast E55's or should i say numbers are). Cars put down power differently, thus why your car with more TQ can get better traction then an M5 with less TQ.

You are on a car forum, you think i really care about how much time i put into my grammar. I can care less, as long as your jealous, obnoxious self gets the point. Maybe you should try staying on subject and actually have a on topic conversation rather then changing the subject all the time only b/c you cannot comprehend the matter. You can seriously care less about car's (you dont much about them anyways), you are just on here to show your internet ego, sucks to be you in real life...

Taz,

You seem like a good guy and I always enjoyed you post on M3Forum (at least until they let you go).

Do you post here because you like Mercedes or only to inform us that we are misguided if we don't prefer BMW's.

BTW a lot of us also own BMWs.
Thanks. Well i jumped in this thread b/c there was some misinformation. Other then that, im on most of the other boards b/c i love cars. Ive gone through at least 10 Benz's in the household. I also did not come here to try to make anyone buy BMW's, some of the guys on this board are truely obnoxious and think they are some type of E-God.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by SCM3
All the M5's ive seen still cut over 2.0 60 foots, that means they are having big trouble out the hole. 11.5 @ 125 with a 100 shot, thats a pretty high trap speed (BTW this is not ATCO where most of all the fast E55's or should i say numbers are). Cars put down power differently, thus why your car with more TQ can get better traction then an M5 with less TQ.
Your statement about most M5's cutting 2.0 60 foots is absolutely correct. Using launch control thats pretty much the number you will get every time (between 2.0-2.15). I honestly dont think even slicks will change this much, maybe cut .1s off the 60' at the most! Here is an M5 running at one of our rentals, ignore the E55 because it was not stock. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77&q=e55&hl=en Although you do hear the wheels chirping, its not as though he was getting serious wheel spin. And trust me, its much harder to launch my car than an M5. It gets LESS traction because of how the torque is delivered, not more. And the statement about all the fast benzes running at ATCO is entirely untrue because none of the 10s benzes I know ran at ATCO. I have personally never been to ATCO. I run at Capitol and MIR with similar times although capitol is not as well prepped as MIR. I understand that LACR is a crappy track (I could see by your vid with all the sand eveywhere and agree that you should be able to run a much better time) but you cant claim numbers unless you have run them. I hope you will agree with me on that one.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Thanks. Well i jumped in this thread b/c there was some misinformation. Other then that, im on most of the other boards b/c i love cars. Ive gone through at least 10 Benz's in the household. I also did not come here to try to make anyone buy BMW's, some of the guys on this board are truely obnoxious and think they are some type of E-God.
Taz - You are probably a cool guy, and definitely a car nut. But you came into this thread with elbows swinging (re-read your post). It looks objectively to me and to others (I suspect) who do not really know you that you had a hard time watching an M5 not win a "race" against an AMG. Maybe that isn't so, but that's how I and others saw your post. And your further posts did nothing to ameliorate that.

If you go into semi-hostile territory acting as you did, you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction you get. If I or anyone else who owns an AMG went to M5Board posting about hitting 11.9's at 117 mph in a bone stock E55 in a thread full of posts high fiving each other over a modded M5 that ran low 12's, what kind of reaction do you think he/she would get? Not a very warm one.

I happen to think that MOST of the guys on this board are pretty objective car guys who own and have owned many different cars. Most of us love our AMG's, but we understand their limitations.

And people calling you out for using words incorrectly has nothing to do with insecurity over the car they drive.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:35 PM

Your statement about most M5's cutting 2.0 60 foots is absolutely correct. Using launch control thats pretty much the number you will get every time (between 2.0-2.15). I honestly dont think even slicks will change this much, maybe cut .1s off the 60' at the most! Here is an M5 running at one of our rentals, ignore the E55 because it was not stock. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77&q=e55&hl=en Although you do hear the wheels chirping, its not as though he was getting serious wheel spin. And trust me, its much harder to launch my car than an M5. It gets LESS traction because of how the torque is delivered, not more. And the statement about all the fast benzes running at ATCO is entirely untrue because none of the 10s benzes I know ran at ATCO. I have personally never been to ATCO. I run at Capitol and MIR with similar times although capitol is not as well prepped as MIR. I understand that LACR is a crappy track (I could see by your vid with all the sand eveywhere and agree that you should be able to run a much better time) but you cant claim numbers unless you have run them. I hope you will agree with me on that one.

Ofcourse they will run better times with better tires. A 2.06 6 foot is horrible! A 1.64 60 foot on the M5 will be very comparable to the E55 times on those videos. The chirping in 2nd gear is also a bad sign, thats keeping his trap speed lower also.

Well ATCO is a hell of a track but most of all the other East coast tracks are also quite amazing. You guys are extremely lucky over there for your tracks. Generally from all the comparisons (with other cars) the west coast tracks run a good .5 sec and 5 mph slower (even more so at LACR).

The good thing though, even though my old number was 11.9@123, i would most likely take out a east coast mid 11 at 127mph car.

Taz - You are probably a cool guy, and definitely a car nut. But you came into this thread with elbows swinging (re-read your post). It looks objectively to me and to others (I suspect) who do not really know you that you had a hard time watching an M5 not win a "race" against an AMG. Maybe that isn't so, but that's how I and others saw your post. And your further posts did nothing to ameliorate that.

If you go into semi-hostile territory acting as you did, you shouldn't be surprised at the reaction you get. If I or anyone else who owns an AMG went to M5Board posting about hitting 11.9's at 117 mph in a bone stock E55 in a thread full of posts high fiving each other over a modded M5 that ran low 12's, what kind of reaction do you think he/she would get? Not a very warm one.

I happen to think that MOST of the guys on this board are pretty objective car guys who own and have owned many different cars. Most of us love our AMG's, but we understand their limitations.

And people calling you out for using words incorrectly has nothing to do with insecurity over the car they drive.
You may be right if i did come in here with too much hostility, it is after all a E55 forum. I only came on after reading a certain few members that were clearly BSing about the video fairness. I only came on to share whats fair. Most of the guys acknowledged the botched race but 1 or 2 guys clearly are so extremely biased that they chose to bash on the car.

It has something to do with it when that person only goes down to personal attacks on the internet. Big deal, were talking about cars and changing the subject to personal remarks for no reason is just dumb.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'm gonna have to disagree. Unless you launch the M5 at a crazy high rpm (watch the tranny drop) and have slicks on it, it will NOT turn a 1.6x 60' It just doesnt have the power.
Before you posted, everybody except one person said that the race was not fair and botched. I'm not blind and dont bow down to a car cuz it has a certain emblem on it.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
........why are we even talking about what 60ft times and et M5's will run. Lets talk about what they have run. You can do all the mental gymnastics in the world and on paper calculations you wish. Only thing that counts is what times you have actually run. If an M5 ran 11.5 with nitrous, that is very slow. The fastest E55's have run in the 10's. What is the fastest an M5 has run? 11.9 in in a heavily modified M3 in an E55 forum unfirtunately is not going impress many. You will get props for having a fast M3, but frankly 11.9 at whatever track is not going to wow this crowd. Many cars here are way faster than that. If you feel your car is faster than that, then take it to a better track and post numbers you have actually run. My point is that even your 11.9 and the M5's 11.5 with nitrous is considered slow in this crowd. Many will be very upset if the fastest their e55 runs is 11.9. They will be absolutely fit to be tied if their e55 only runs 11.5 with nitrous. That e55 will be sold the next day.

.........my point is that even your best chest thumping times are not that impressive.

Ted
Old 12-27-2006, 08:35 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
It's always funny to read which car might be 0.1 or 0.2 seconds faster than the other one...
Although I love my M5, I don't have a problem admitting Mercedes came out with - an obviously faster - 63-engine. BTW, 90% of my daily driving is at speeds I'd already be happy if I would reach 60mph at all... It's Mercedes' turn now to have the faster one. Same with the new S-Class. Great features on that car that our 760Li doesn't have. But the advantage is always shifting - there will be a new 7-series, too.

Most of the time I want to accelerate - at least to 60mph- and my lane is clear, some other a**hole in his ricer cuts into my lane - so in everyday life, this fraction of a second shouldn't bother you at all...

And btw, based on driving-habits and ego, the fastest car on our streets is the Nissan Z350 - they always think they drive the fastest car on earth...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

PWNED!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55

You may be right if i did come in here with too much hostility, it is after all a E55 forum. I only came on after reading a certain few members that were clearly BSing about the video fairness. I only came on to share whats fair. Most of the guys acknowledged the botched race but 1 or 2 guys clearly are so extremely biased that they chose to bash on the car.

It has something to do with it when that person only goes down to personal attacks on the internet. Big deal, were talking about cars and changing the subject to personal remarks for no reason is just dumb.
See what two minutes of reflection can do? Whenever I feel emotions start to take over my fingertips, I give myself a timeout (like Supernanny) and think about what I want to convey in a way that the message does not get overshadowed by the delivery. Easy.

And I think that E63/M5 "race" isn't really a race. And I really am impressed with your M3's speed and trap. It took lots of effort to get there. I also agree that you'd be quicker on a better track. But we (you, me and everyone reading these posts) all know lots of guys that talk about what they would do, or how they could do if their car did this, or the track did this, etc. I myself knew that I would eventually get into the 11's bone stock, but I never had the right conditions to do it until last month. And I did. Until I had those timeslips in hand, though, I never considered my car an "11 second" car.

So going to Ted's point, and without seeming callous, an M5 running 11.5 on nitrous and with other mods really is a great time, but there are many guys on here without juice running those times with only a small number of (fairly expensive but simple) mods. And your demonstrated 11.9 on a crappy track IS impressive, but it is much more impressive on an M3 board than it is here.

Be safe.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM

Great response.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 AM

2006 E55, 2007 GL450
Talking

I can care less, as long as your jealous, obnoxious self gets the point.
Why is he "jealous"? Of your M3? Your grammatical prowess?
You can seriously care less about car's (you dont much about them anyways), you are just on here to show your internet ego, sucks to be you in real life...
This is classic. You, Mr. 563rwhp-turbo-nitrous-dyno-queen-E-dick-swinging-M3, posting on the E55 forum of MBWorld.org, telling an E55 owner that he could "care less" about "car's" (?) and is merely here to show his "internet ego". Pot, meet kettle.
I also did not come here to try to make anyone buy BMW's, some of the guys on this board are truely obnoxious and think they are some type of E-God.
Again, you define the term "E-God". Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to come in here, swinging your E-***** around and enlightening all us dumb folks about BMW's.
Generally from all the comparisons (with other cars) the west coast tracks run a good .5 sec and 5 mph slower (even more so at LACR).
Such a convenient and informal correction factor for you to use. Unfortunately, it's not entirely correct. Corrections are utilized by the NHRA based on altitude, not east coast/west coast. You're a smart kid, I suspect you knew that.
The good thing though, even though my old number was 11.9@123, i would most likely take out a east coast mid 11 at 127mph car.
LOL...now it's your "old" number. The number that was achieved with a nitrous bottle filled with air and the floor mat balled under the gas pedal? The one you came in here to type a paragraph to me about trying to save face? When you have that timeslip in your hand, you can brag about it...on E46fanatics.com.
I only came on after reading a certain few members that were clearly BSing about the video fairness. I only came on to share whats fair. Most of the guys acknowledged the botched race but 1 or 2 guys clearly are so extremely biased that they chose to bash on the car.
Just curious, on how many other sites do you regularly defend the honor of the almighty M5 (M3, M6, M16, Eminem, M. Night Shyamalan, etc)?
Uh huh. And was it not you who came in to the E55 AMG, E63 AMG forum making comments like this...
It doesnt take a moron to realize that and yet you sat there and somehow came up with some excuse for the video being a fair comparison.

Either its slow reflexes or you are blind.

Oh god, you are the worst groupy i have seen. Every post of yours negates how ignorant and immature you are. You cannot converse in a normal mature fashion only b/c your points are mute.

A prime example of a dumbass...
Personally, I think you're simply here to stir the pot. A troll...doing nothing more than swinging his E-***** on the MB boards with his dyno-queen M3.

I doubt many care about your M3, and if they were interested in M5's, they'd venture to a BMW board to find more information about them.

And BTW...my Cobra would stomp a mudhole in your M3, and it's a more fair comparison to it than an E55 is.
S.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman
Why is he "jealous"? Of your M3? Your grammatical prowess?
This is classic. You, Mr. 563rwhp-turbo-nitrous-dyno-queen-E-dick-swinging-M3, posting on the E55 forum of MBWorld.org, telling an E55 owner that he could "care less" about "car's" (?) and is merely here to show his "internet ego". Pot, meet kettle.
Again, you define the term "E-God". Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to come in here, swinging your E-***** around and enlightening all us dumb folks about BMW's.
Such a convenient and informal correction factor for you to use. Unfortunately, it's not entirely correct. Corrections are utilized by the NHRA based on altitude, not east coast/west coast. You're a smart kid, I suspect you knew that.
LOL...now it's your "old" number. The number that was achieved with a nitrous bottle filled with air and the floor mat balled under the gas pedal? The one you came in here to type a paragraph to me about trying to save face? When you have that timeslip in your hand, you can brag about it...on E46fanatics.com.
Just curious, on how many other sites do you regularly defend the honor of the almighty M5 (M3, M6, M16, Eminem, M. Night Shyamalan, etc)?
Uh huh. And was it not you who came in to the E55 AMG, E63 AMG forum making comments like this...

Personally, I think you're simply here to stir the pot. A troll...doing nothing more than swinging his E-***** on the MB boards with his dyno-queen M3.

I doubt many care about your M3, and if they were interested in M5's, they'd venture to a BMW board to find more information about them.

And BTW...my Cobra would stomp a mudhole in your M3, and it's a more fair comparison to it than an E55 is.
S.
Im not even going to respond to your whole post. Your slowbra wont stomp ****, with 600rwhp you made a 127 mph trap speed at a good track (luaghable).. My little 3.2 will make your car look like its standing still..
Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,064 Likes on 853 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350

Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 AM

2006 E55, 2007 GL450
Talking

Im not even going to respond to your whole post. Your slowbra wont stomp ****, with 600rwhp you made a 127 mph trap speed at a good track (luaghable).. My little 3.2 will make your car look like its standing still..
Keep telling yourself that with a fistful of 12-second timeslips and a lone venture into the 11's.
And BTW, it's been close to 129...60rwhp ago, and before I decided to tear it apart over the winter to go faster. But I don't talk about what I should run, or could run, or might have run or make excuses. And I won't go swinging my E-***** around, bragging about what I think it will make.

So yeah...take your little turd, and head back over to E46Fanatics, or Bimmerforums, or wherever you 3-series trolls like to congregate.

S.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:01 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Snorman
Keep telling yourself that with a fistful of 12-second timeslips and a lone venture into the 11's.
And BTW, it's been close to 129...60rwhp ago, and before I decided to tear it apart over the winter to go faster. But I don't talk about what I should run, or could run, or might have run or make excuses. And I won't go swinging my E-***** around, bragging about what I think it will make.

So yeah...take your little turd, and head back over to E46Fanatics, or Bimmerforums, or wherever you 3-series trolls like to congregate.

S.
E46F isnt such a bad place~
E55 and 330ci.. best of both worlds.. if i had an m3 id be fighting myself lol
Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
Man... I'd love to have an E63/CLS63

By the way, that video's entertaining (The Mazda .vs. E63). Kind of like the Top Gear/Fifth Gear stuff, not the usual BORING Motor Trend videos.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I had an M3, I have an E55. There always has and always will be faster cars. I find it quite impressive that 4000+ pound cars can do what ours do and this includes the M5 and M6.

We can always build a car that is faster than ours, and still it wont be the fastest but I am sure we are all comfortable in knowing what we have and the comfort and security that comes with it.

This thread has wandered off the topic at hand and its time to close it and move on. I am sure there are fast M3's out there and for that matter Honda Civics, Neons, Pintos, Gremlins, Pacers, El Camino's..etc but we probably dont need to banter with all of them as to their individual prowess.