Sponsored by:

So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Nah, I'm staying home. I'll miss this round, but I'll try to hook up with Cyn at Big Willows. I think that will be fun, especially if AMGSC shows up. LOL.

To all: I think you have a great group. Some of us talk, but you definitely have a responsible yet enthusiastic crowd going. Don't count Vadim out. He may never have hit the track, but the boy can drive. I think he'll get hooked and you'll see more events coming up.

Vadim: I was looking forward to it. I have the wheels and tires setup. I was definitely looking to see how my setup has improved since we met. I was also into seeing how your car looks and sounds with the drop/mufflers/wheels!!!

R and Shelle: Represent the SDCrew for us. R, which car you taking? I sort of want to see where the E63 stands against an E55 and a CLS63-030.

Cyrus: thanks again for organizing this and for the opportunity. We will definitely need to hook up sometime.

Cyn: forward me the info on the march event and we'll have a blast.

Carlos: It is just sitting at Creative for now. I've had a number of people look at it, just I'm comfortable with the outcome. I'll fill you in at one of our SD meetups.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I just spent 1250 bucks on a helmet(800.00) shoes, gloves and a thingy that goes under the helmet. I practiced chasing down some cars on Mulholland and the car is definately more spry with the transmission and engine module software update. The adaptive transmission is tricky as it shifts when it dam well wants to in sport depending on your driving. The turns on this track will be difficult using the paddles but it is likely the only way to get good times, seems like getting to 186 on this track will be difficult? Hopefully I will see you guys at Willow as well. Im studying the lines and am itchy to actually push this 63 engine a bit. Thanks Cy for getting it together and sorry Jangy for your CAR..
Old 02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by juicee55
I just spent 1250 bucks on a helmet(800.00) shoes, gloves and a thingy that goes under the helmet. I practiced chasing down some cars on Mulholland and the car is definately more spry with the transmission and engine module software update. The adaptive transmission is tricky as it shifts when it dam well wants to in sport depending on your driving. The turns on this track will be difficult using the paddles but it is likely the only way to get good times, seems like getting to 186 on this track will be difficult? Hopefully I will see you guys at Willow as well. Im studying the lines and am itchy to actually push this 63 engine a bit. Thanks Cy for getting it together and sorry Jangy for your CAR..
I can promise you the paddles will only hinder your times. You have to learn to trust the computer and let it do its thing. Some of my best laps at Willow were in sport mode and ESP on. I've really learned to work with it and it has learned my habits, too. I miss my car so much. I hope you do make it to Willow as it will be a great test of the E55 / CLS63 challenge.

Have fun.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by CyE55
Sorry to say, I think we're pretty much booked. Where were you a month ago??

Cyrus
What kind of track event only allow 8 participants? I want a piece of CC and now I'm being deprived. Did he ask you to bump me?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AMGSC
What kind of track event only allow 8 participants? I want a piece of CC and now I'm being deprived. Did he ask you to bump me?
LOL, a little paranoid are we? Cyrus is serious it is closed. there will be 100 cars at the event. Cyrus' slots are full. Show up at willow and get all of CC you want and then take a bite out of an E55.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Hey...Vadim/ and crew... do you guys want to meet in Barstow ?

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2z=89048-4710
Old 02-16-2007, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by AMGSC
March 14th big willow

you can have your shot

Im starting to think twice about getting near a track with you. Last time an mbworlder did this with me he ran off the track and almost killed us both. He had that same line ... im so fast im so good I can do that with a stock C32 etc. He went off in turn one giving me a ride and thats the only real off track fun I have ever had. He was a nice guy and someone I could get along very well with but he had something to prove and that led to some really bad decision making on his part.

With the attitude you have shown in that HPS thread I dont feel safe running on the track with you.

Stop being so quick to make claims and maybe we would take you seriously. Instead you go about insulting people, wanting to race for pinks, and claiming that you are the next Fernando Alanso.

I am not a amazing driver but I know my lap times and can back them up. Until you have some track time and some proof all these claims are just that.

There are people out there that can beat me and thats great. Its a hobby not a race. Enjoy driving for the spirit of it not for the ability to be a keyboard racer.

Id be safer posting video footage and letting you time my fast lap.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-16-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 AM

08 E63
Jangy - Let me know where you picked up your helmet. I have been busy at work and did not get out yet to pick one up.
Hope your car gets fixed. One way to look at it is, since you have not driven the car in awhile when jump in it again it will feel brand new

It looks like I am going to be leaving from OC around 3pm. I have to drop my son off at his friends house so not sure if I can still meet up with anyone. If not I will see you Sat. morning

Whats happening March 14th at Big Willow? I am doing drivingconcepts at Willow Springs on the March 13th.

Shelle
Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I like your spirit. You will love open track driving. Once you start you get hooked and you will never stop.

I will let you know of all willow events coming up. SMGC32 and I are there 6-9 times a year. There is also the streets of willow which is more like a canyon road than a race course. It has really tight technical sections that make you work for speed where as the big track loves big power and huge man-hood!

See you Saturday!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by ShelleE55
Jangy - Let me know where you picked up your helmet. I have been busy at work and did not get out yet to pick one up.
Hope your car gets fixed. One way to look at it is, since you have not driven the car in awhile when jump in it again it will feel brand new

It looks like I am going to be leaving from OC around 3pm. I have to drop my son off at his friends house so not sure if I can still meet up with anyone. If not I will see you Sat. morning

Whats happening March 14th at Big Willow? I am doing drivingconcepts at Willow Springs on the March 13th.

Shelle
Hi SHelle,

Driving concepts is a great group and they have wonderful instruction. It is a first rate group. They will make sure you are track ready and really help you learn the art of track driving. They are very strict to ensure total safety, they keep the track clean (big plus for a nice E55), they make sure there are no ego contests, and run very strict rules for passing. You have to pay extra for that safety and instruction but I cant say enough for them as an instructional course. Great pick!

On the 14th a group called open track racing is having an event. It is open to the public and we would love to have you come on out. Once you get some solid track time and good instruction speed starts to show up with more and more seat time. The open track events offer tons of track time for only 145 per day. You will get 4-5 30 minute sessions and the last hour or so of every even is just open lapping for anyone who choses to stick around that long. Many people leave around 2-3 so the track is just "hot" for members of every run group. You just have to watch out for the open wheel race cars for they come up really quickly.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-16-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Actually the two lane 15 120-0 miles outside of Vegas is the #1 speed trap in the USA. The troopers on this stretch are known to pull over fast fancy cars. Stay under 100 at all times during this drive on the 15 they trap from planes, visual and simply by following you for several miles. My last 2 tickets were on this road and the same guy yanked over my 55, he loved chasing me down from the otherside of the 15, this time I will just keep going to 186, kidding. Also the patrol told me there are an average of 130 deaths per year on the 15, and the majority occur between Baker and the state line.
The speed limit is 75 so pacing @ 90-95 will get you a ticket. 80-85 they usually let you keep going.
Funny you mention the planes. I always look around and you can normally see the plane flying parallel to the freeway from a distance. Last time I drove to vegas in my 55, a 540i wanted to run and I was so itching to just lay into it in the middle of the desert (outside barstow). I though better of it being that there was a plane up ahead that looked questionable. Up about 1/2 a mile a CHP car cam blazing down an on-ramp zipped up behind the BMW and pulled him over. There were 4 other cars there pulled over at the same time. Had I been laying into it like I wanted to I would have been well over 130 by that point and likely in jail. Phew....

So dont press it on the drive there guys. We have plenty of speedy driving coming up!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Banned

F248 F1
^^

thanks for the speed trap tips deff going to use cruise control... im not ready to see bubba in jail again
Old 02-16-2007, 04:18 AM
Banned

F248 F1
heres a clip of me at laguna seca...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXY9sxN9lTI

if i suck sat/sun ... haha forget that and just umm watch that video over and over lol!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
OMG I better get a camera...See you SAT......
Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
March 14th big willow

you can have your shot

Im starting to think twice about getting near a track with you. Last time an mbworlder did this with me he ran off the track and almost killed us both. He had that same line ... im so fast im so good I can do that with a stock C32 etc. He went off in turn one giving me a ride and thats the only real off track fun I have ever had. He was a nice guy and someone I could get along very well with but he had something to prove and that led to some really bad decision making on his part.

With the attitude you have shown in that HPS thread I dont feel safe running on the track with you.

Stop being so quick to make claims and maybe we would take you seriously. Instead you go about insulting people, wanting to race for pinks, and claiming that you are the next Fernando Alanso.

I am not a amazing driver but I know my lap times and can back them up. Until you have some track time and some proof all these claims are just that.

There are people out there that can beat me and thats great. Its a hobby not a race. Enjoy driving for the spirit of it not for the ability to be a keyboard racer.

Id be safer posting video footage and letting you time my fast lap.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Here is another group that rents Willow....

https://speedventures.com/3-2-2007_event.asp
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

F248 F1
you guys are going to hate me...

BUT theirs a very good chance i wont be able to go...

i just broke my shifter linkage....

i'm calling around p dealers to see if i can get one!!!!!!

so i can install it quick....
Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
im not going either, my front tire is still leaking air and my car wouldnt pass the noise limit, its at 107 from like 10ft away

there is always a next time
Old 02-17-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
In a previous post I meant to say I wont be able to make it out on Sunday but WILL be able to attend on Sat +1.

I hope they have some descent helmets available for rent. I haven't had time to go out and buy one

I am almost positive I won't be able to sleep tonight

Last edited by Roseylv; 02-17-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Originally Posted by jangy
Nah, I'm staying home. I'll miss this round, but I'll try to hook up with Cyn at Big Willows. I think that will be fun, especially if AMGSC shows up. LOL.

To all: I think you have a great group. Some of us talk, but you definitely have a responsible yet enthusiastic crowd going. Don't count Vadim out. He may never have hit the track, but the boy can drive. I think he'll get hooked and you'll see more events coming up.

Vadim: I was looking forward to it. I have the wheels and tires setup. I was definitely looking to see how my setup has improved since we met. I was also into seeing how your car looks and sounds with the drop/mufflers/wheels!!!

R and Shelle: Represent the SDCrew for us. R, which car you taking? I sort of want to see where the E63 stands against an E55 and a CLS63-030.

Cyrus: thanks again for organizing this and for the opportunity. We will definitely need to hook up sometime.

Cyn: forward me the info on the march event and we'll have a blast.

Carlos: It is just sitting at Creative for now. I've had a number of people look at it, just I'm comfortable with the outcome. I'll fill you in at one of our SD meetups.
Jangy, brought the E63, wife had a bunch of luggage so no P car, so we will see how I do.
Sorry you can't make it.

Lets plan another track day in the next couple of months.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 03c4s
Jangy, brought the E63, wife had a bunch of luggage so no P car, so we will see how I do.
Sorry you can't make it.

Lets plan another track day in the next couple of months.

Sweeet!!! I wanted you to take the 63 anyways. Have a blast and yes we will definitely hook up at Willow soon.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:35 PM

a toy
Originally Posted by jangy
Jangy, close your eyes and shout as loud as you can, then imagine it twice as loud. That's how Vadim's car sounds at WOT
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Roupin
Jangy, close your eyes and shout as loud as you can, then imagine it twice as loud. That's how Vadim's car sounds at WOT

Old 02-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
ANy reports back?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
dude had conti issues, I pm the crew.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So Cal / Nevada Track Day Feb 17 - 18