Sponsored by:

2008 supercharged Z06!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I think the point others are trying to make is that, personal taste aside, no matter how fast it goes it's still a Chevy. It's a similar set of circumstances to the VW Phaeton. The quality may been great, it may have been fast with the W12 engine, but it's still a VW and at $110,000 nobody bought the thing. People who spend that kind of money are after image cars, there's no such thing as a Chevy or VW image car no matter how much you spend. This will be no different, no one will buy it at over $100k, they'll opt for the SL or the 911 or the M6. They might not be as fast, but it won't matter. Just as the Phaeton might have been just as good as the new S, and for the same money you can get a V12 and outrun just about anything on the road, but people still bought the 'lesser' S class.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
What heritage? What interior? What tradition? Its a Chevy, it has very little pedigree and even that was lost when they put out pieces of ****s in the 80s and 90s. They are now putting Chevy badges on Daewoos. So much for "heritage and tradition." Wake up dude.

dood. I just listed key dimensions used in basic marketing research for autos. did not say the z06 had a great interior ...just listed them.

Personally I think the best thing about this car is that you don't have to touch it or tweak it and you can bang the crap outta it all day long and get a 7 year 100k warranty for piece of mind. Car may be in the shop but hey my E55 has been in about 5 times already for warranty work.

Last edited by e55 baller; 02-14-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
It will deff look different than that pic' that is basically a C6R race car w/out any sponsor stickers on it, the hood will have a bigger buldge on top to accomadate blower, no mid-engine design, will be similar in all other caregorys though, also imagine aftermarket pulley, ecu tweeks giving this 650hp Supercharged beast total freak potential, It'll own everything on the road, barring a few never seen 1-2 mil$ exotics...

You can't get much out of TT, or supercharging the current LS7 Z06 (505hp) it's compression is way to high, needs serious forging, there are some TT & SC kits out currently and they make less overall rwhp rwto(about 550-575rwhp) than the C6 LS2 w/same supercharger, TT, easy upwards of 650rwhp 650rwto on the base otherwise stock C6, you should all look over your shoulders, for these beasts running around already in the 10's and high 9's w/full Z06 rear quarters and 345's-355's on 12" -13" wide wheels
the C6 when modded is a modern supercar KILLA, the new 2008-09 Z06 will take it to a new fact prod car level....

Interior can easily be re-done top notch w/racing seats, and suede everywhere..2k-4k and you'd never want to leave it...It's already got talking nav, heads-up push button start, keyless go, TPS, integrated phn hands free, heated seats, multi-lumbar cntrol, inflatable lumbar supports side and back, etc.. It's not the Vette of yester-year

Be it Vette, Merc, whatever give credit where it's due, you haters are just plain jealous
Old 02-14-2007, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Jimand... ...Corvette and Sting Ray were always the top of the heap for American performance. Chevrolet made sure of that with their other same engined models. They will sell every one they make. They know that. Corvette is Corvette. It may not be perfect...but its all we have to hang our hat on . Chevy people will never buy a Ford GT....Ferrari people will probably not buy a Corvette. Ford people will not buy a Chevy. There is still brand loyalty...pretty watered down but it's still there. Those guys with the mousse,gold chains and hairy necks were probably out driving L88 Corvettes when they came out and are finally done raising kids and have made whatever fortune they will make in life and are now buying something they could not afford when they were kids.. I may be talking out of school on this point because I never owned or cared to own a Euro car back then but I don't think there was any Euro car that could touch a U.S. MUSCLE car...twisties may have been different but no one I knew gave a **** about turns !!! Be careful you don't get raped by one of those cheesedick guys in their Corvette.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 PM

07 S65
I agree Ricker, it's not the Vette of yester-year. Other than the mid 60's Vette I didn't even look at these cars until the C5 came out. That car was such an improvement over the previous model you couldn't help but notice. Now you have the new C6 and it's head and shoulders above that car. I would have to eat a lot of things I have said in the past to my buds but, I would buy a C6 Z in a heart beat. I just need a back seat.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by DJE55
I agree Ricker, it's not the Vette of yester-year. Other than the mid 60's Vette I didn't even look at these cars until the C5 came out. That car was such an improvement over the previous model you couldn't help but notice. Now you have the new C6 and it's head and shoulders above that car. I would have to eat a lot of things I have said in the past to my buds but, I would buy a C6 Z in a heart beat. I just need a back seat.
I agree! I allways hated the older vettes, barring the real classics, in sentimental value, and design elements of beauty, back in the 50-60's not so w/Z28 camaros, and hideous C-3, C-4, vettes.

I started admiring their lines w/C5, not enough till I caught a glimpse of a C6 in traffic, Looked like a Shark stalking/hunting prey in traffic, or zooming up from behind making fast lane changes w/low evil stance very intimidating...Sold me after a test drive! great every day driver..

You need BOTH! an evil torque possesed E55k, & C6, or C6 Z06 Trust me you'll love it...You almost feel like an outlaw, and funny thing, I drive like an *** sometimes, upshifting then down waiting for the crackle and evil burble on decelleration, cops pay me NO MIND, they've even giving the and grinns when passing me or along side the road passing them writing citations, they look up point and give the wave too cool..

Never experienced anything like it in another auto, you also get this huge camaraderie w/other owners waving no matter what age, very courtreous and friendly community..I was rummbling thru traffic recently (loud bullet exhaust no mufflers, only reso's) I'm in the turning lane, lane on my immediate left are an old couple mid 70's old man w/wifey, look over gives me the huge grin & thu mbs up..too funny I waved back laughing about how cool it was the entire way home..
Old 02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Ricker...where do you buy your mousse ?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by DJE55
This is exactly how I feel. Its not all about performance but I've had benzes for the past 10 years and its time to branch out a little. Not buying a car because of its stereotype is just stupid. The car will be a beast. Plus if I dont like it I can flip it and still make some money out of the deal.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 AM

BENZO
dude

Originally Posted by coolcamden
One of these days you'll grow up, be more mature, more humble and less ignorant. The way you are you should hope you get to see that day soon.
humble? you just went out of your way to say you culd buy ANY car. What a freakin' statement. So you got a mil' for a Bugatti? Tha sounds like a line from a rap song braggin.....
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Who wants a Bugatti? I have a vette

Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
humble? you just went out of your way to say you culd buy ANY car. What a freakin' statement. So you got a mil' for a Bugatti? Tha sounds like a line from a rap song braggin.....

Last edited by coolcamden; 02-15-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by vader
Ricker...where do you buy your mousse ?
I use hair gell, do you use steal that mousse crap from your wifey, & put it on your toupee? Does it work well? with out pictures

Last edited by Thericker; 02-16-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I think the point others are trying to make is that, personal taste aside, no matter how fast it goes it's still a Chevy. It's a similar set of circumstances to the VW Phaeton. The quality may been great, it may have been fast with the W12 engine, but it's still a VW and at $110,000 nobody bought the thing. People who spend that kind of money are after image cars, there's no such thing as a Chevy or VW image car no matter how much you spend. This will be no different, no one will buy it at over $100k, they'll opt for the SL or the 911 or the M6. They might not be as fast, but it won't matter. Just as the Phaeton might have been just as good as the new S, and for the same money you can get a V12 and outrun just about anything on the road, but people still bought the 'lesser' S class.
I totally agree!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Originally Posted by Thericker
I use hair gell, do you use steal that mousse crap from your wifey, & put it on your toupee? Does it work well? with out pictures
Brylcreem still...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by vader
Brylcreem still...
Old 02-17-2007, 01:47 PM

2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
the ricker drives a vette. go figure. i bet his license plates say "thericker"
Old 02-17-2007, 02:26 PM

2005 S55
well ..

Originally Posted by jimand7
jimand7 .. bottom line is, you can put an as.shole in a Ferrari, and he's still an as.shole .. the fact that you equate quality (actually make) of car with quaility of person proves you to be .. well, an as.hole in a benz.

i drive a benz, love it .. doesn't define me. if the new vette is that nice, i may want one .. if a lambo then that .. you just keep thinking a persons car defines them .. but the truth is we all see you as a jerk in a nice car.

there are just so many better ways to judge a person than their car!

just my .02 cents.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jimand7
Not likely, although if any of us had some input on your personalized plates, you better believe they'd read----TOOLBAG---- Whatdya' say? I'll chip in a $20 spot
Old 02-17-2007, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by shaw01
jimand7 .. bottom line is, you can put an as.shole in a Ferrari, and he's still an as.shole .. the fact that you equate quality (actually make) of car with quaility of person proves you to be .. well, an as.hole in a benz.

i drive a benz, love it .. doesn't define me. if the new vette is that nice, i may want one .. if a lambo then that .. you just keep thinking a persons car defines them .. but the truth is we all see you as a jerk in a nice car.

there are just so many better ways to judge a person than their car!

just my .02 cents.
Aint that the truth! I was flippin' thru the channels, saw this snipet on Paris Hilton, dumb beehatch ran outta gas in her brand new Bently, she refused to get out, screaming at her assistant on the cell, how she never buys gas doesn't know how? or something....gave $20 to Paparazzi, he gets her a gallon puts it in, all the while this great person sits in the car playing w/her stupid hair & applying gallons of make-up gives a half assed thanks, drives off.

Worst part, when the guy gave her the change from the $20 (bought her gas can to)about $8-10 + coins, she turns around in her seat out stretching her arm & throws money on the floor like it's trash

Once again great person she must be according to "jihad7"
Old 02-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

w210 E55
My dads 63' split window is still the coolest in my books. Black with red interior.

115K for a vette? Nice car, but a bit steep for a vette. But in its defense, 300K for a CLK DTM is not steep....its stupid.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by amgdriven
My dads 63' split window is still the coolest in my books. Black with red interior.

115K for a vette? Nice car, but a bit steep for a vette. But in its defense, 300K for a CLK DTM is not steep....its stupid.
That's a damn good comparo w/CLK DTM
Old 02-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
this is great news,
this way finally N/A Z06 will be more affordable
Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
If they make the new Z06 anything like the C6R full race version

Obviously can't do the hood, supercharger would never fit, but everything else is doable & pure sexy, SEXY!!

Imagine this in Gloss Black?

And how bout this SWEET interior? You guys can't say jack about this hottness J/K

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:53 AM

2001 E320
It's a step forward for sure!

yes it is a fast car. yes it has tons of power. yes it has good looks. but you guys know why we buy benzes and not Chevys. We ask for more tha just speed and horepower, we ask for quality and exclusivity. That corvette, to me, is the same thing as buying a regular Z06, and sending it to Callaway or Lingenfelter. actually, it will not hold value after a couple of years as the highly tuned after market vettes. Also, in a couple of years, this car will start falling apart. Don't get me wrong, it is a very pretty car, and it will be fast as hell, but it will never have the tech that any benz has, and I don't think that it is worth a $100k price tag. If I any car manufacturer wants to sell a car for that amount of money, they have to offer more than just horsepower. Horsepower is not as expensive these days as it used to be. I need to see something that I can not reproduce at the local performance shop. I need to see brake-assisst, Presafe, Nappa Leather, leather stitched dash, and a stereo that is not lifted from a yokun.
If you just want horspower, buy your self the best performance platform ever, a 94-98 Toyota supra, and spend $30k to get 900+hp to the wheels.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:15 AM

The 2008/2009 Supra will be faster than the 2008/2009 Z06.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Originally Posted by zakrizo
Also, in a couple of years, this car will start falling apart. .
Sadly you are probably right on this point. They will still sell every single one though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 supercharged Z06!