Sponsored by:

Group Buy on a Reus System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
a little late to the thread but just a heads up to the east coast guys interested in reus; my boys own one of the top detail shops over here in the nyc area, detailing dynamics and they have a great working relationship with rick and having been working together for the past 5-6 years. in fact they were at this years ny autoshow with an sl65 and an e60 m5 all done up. last year both DD and Reus shared a booth also and had a sick gt3 and 30 spider. i believe the system in the SL65 was about 6K.

if you get a chance check out the gallery on DD's site, they dont play!

www.detailingdynamics.com
Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I will get all the specs from Reus, but their reputation preceeds them. If you read early in the thread, the concept of having them even agree to a group buy was laughed at. I am interested in far more than this package and so that is why I have put the time in. I assume they would have given me the same deal as a friend got. The point of the group buy is to introduce them to some of the other A/V needs that an MB enthusiast may have.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
I saw and heard gE63's set up, it was clean and subtle.
Coun't me in asap.

R.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:12 AM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
I'd be interested in listening to the system and if it sounds good enough, maybe interested.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
I too would be very interested in learning more about a Reus system. I have an aftermarket system in my CLK55 now that I am not impressed with and was planning to have a better system installed in my E63 that will be arriving in two months. But after hearing the rave reviews about the Reus system I am very curious to know if Reus would have someone come to Seattle for the install. I am also curious to know more about prices.

Is the $3k include the replacement of all the component speakers, existing sub and amp? Does the replacement include one or two subs?

As you can tell I am very interested.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
MNG

Audi's, a whole bunch of them
any pics of some of his work please ?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by MNG
any pics of some of his work please ?
http://www.reusaudio.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
What about we E55ers? Are we included in this potential group buy? I'd gladly lay out $3k for a stock looking tuned system with better speakers, heavy subs, center channel...

Where are they located? Frustrating when a web-site doesn't list the address of the business...

But count me in if possible!

Skeeter
Old 03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Alright guys, it looks like we have an easy 10 members. I'll call and see what they say as a final price and get some answers to your questions.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:17 AM

i've heard reus on many different cars including my 997s, it is worth every penny!! even at regular price. good luck guys i know you will enjoy the system.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Here are a few picks that gE63 provided. What happenned to the dude that was gonna eat his words?
Attached Thumbnails Group Buy on a Reus System?-imgp1114_968-small-.jpg   Group Buy on a Reus System?-imgp1118_137-small-.jpg   Group Buy on a Reus System?-imgp1120_161-small-.jpg   Group Buy on a Reus System?-imgp1121_612-small-.jpg   Group Buy on a Reus System?-imgp1122_793-small-.jpg  

Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by jangy
Here are a few picks that gE63 provided. What happenned to the dude that was gonna eat his words?
I love that sub enclosure!!! Those are very clean & inconspicuous installs! Is that an Audison amp I see?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Originally Posted by MOZ80s
for instance when my black berry rings my radio buzzes...

Im not sure what causes that.. maybe the fiber optics picks up the signal or my black berry is going to give me brain cancer...
No chance of the fibre optic picking up interference. Thats one of the reasons it is used. The interference is coming from the headunit picking it up - either via the RF airiel or the power/speaker leads.

In terms of brain cancer - apparently (and unfortunately) they cannot prove definitively either way ... but I would keep any mobile phone as far from my head (and cohones) as possible. Hands free is the way to go ...
Old 03-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The group buy is on: Those serious, please email me at jangy@yahoo.com
Deposit will be $1500, final $3000
Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 AM

E63
Just do it. You'll be very happy...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 PM

2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
I am very curious to learn how many have since had their Reus systems installed and are they happy?

Are folks here going with the spare tire subwoofer set up or the two 10" enclosure set up which means the loss of the fold down rear seat function?

I am really on the fence about going with a Reus system versus a system designed and built by a local audio shop.

I have researched endlessly about the Reus systems and have heard nothing but rave reviews but what I can gather the standard system is simply adding 5 new speakers, 2 10" subwoofer enclosures and a new amp. Couldn't a local shop do the same for less money?

I would also be very interested in swapping out the stock comand for an Eclipse unit but am afraid that I will lose factory steering wheel controls, voice control and ipod function, is this true?

Any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I just had my Reus dropped in yesterday. i ahve no fold down seats, so i went with the 2 10s.

For me, it has nothing to do with how many speakers they install or which amp. It's all about the final product and customer servcie that stands behind it. I wanted a system that was asinvisible to the eye as possible and integrated fully with the OEM setup. I also wanted the benefits of getting upgrades as they are released and as I move from car to car.

Let me know if you can find a local shop that even comes close in price or quality. The only way i would have gone with a different setup would be if I was going extreme and even then I would have probably paid Reus for the super daddy setup.

One warning. If you are the kind that wants to change ou the command, consider another setup. I would NEVER consider it. If you do not mind the non-Oemness of changing a command, you will likely not mind all the JBL magnets showing either.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jangy
I just had my Reus dropped in yesterday. i ahve no fold down seats, so i went with the 2 10s.

For me, it has nothing to do with how many speakers they install or which amp. It's all about the final product and customer servcie that stands behind it. I wanted a system that was asinvisible to the eye as possible and integrated fully with the OEM setup. I also wanted the benefits of getting upgrades as they are released and as I move from car to car.

Let me know if you can find a local shop that even comes close in price or quality. The only way i would have gone with a different setup would be if I was going extreme and even then I would have probably paid Reus for the super daddy setup.

One warning. If you are the kind that wants to change ou the command, consider another setup. I would NEVER consider it. If you do not mind the non-Oemness of changing a command, you will likely not mind all the JBL magnets showing either.

I heard the final product yesterday in Jangys car and it sounded amazing; deep bass that wasnt overbearing and crisp highs and solid mids. The speakers in the rearview mirror was tight too!!! In sound systems and most other things in life you get what you pay for. I am not a super audiophile and thus I have chosen the easier way out but this system is worth the money IMO. Plus if you ever switch cars they will do all the move and install for you at super low price. Also all the woofers were hidden in the trunk as if there was no speakers there at all ... I just have big ole JL Audio box.

Oh I spoke with main guy there and its pronounced:

"Royce"

just in case some of you were not sure
Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
LOL!! I had to check too. I always called them Reeeus, until i asked and Rick said it was pronounced Royce.

I definitely had a fun ride home. Blasted all my different tunes and even sat radio is clear for me. That is the one test for me, since sat radio isn't all that great in quality but has sooo many choices.

By the way, the GB is almost over. Not to rush anyone, cause mine is done. Just don't come whinning to me if you want in later.

And just a re-dig at the initial haters that said Reus would never consider a grassroots GB. they have been nothing but respectful and accomodating, considering their load and how small our group was.

Just to reiterate, it is the final product and attitude with which it is done that matters most. There are simply no excuses with them. Everything can be done and they are down to earth with the enthusiasts. I have a feeling i will be back at their shop every so often getting whatever new upgrade they release.

Now, if I could only find a tuner that followed that business plan, I'd be hot to trott.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:37 PM

2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
So again it sounds like the Reus system wins.

Jangy you are right I am going for the oem appearance, but was concerned as I have read that swapping the comand for an Eclipse head unit has improved sound. I am very interested in the sound. Can you post pics of the 2 10" subwoofer enclosure?

Clean tight midbass is often lacking from most car systems, has the Reus system fixed this?

Has anyone got the "super daddy setup" and if so what is the difference?

I am definitely leaning toward the Reus setup as it even seems to be the one aftermarket car audio upgrade that does not further depreciate the car value. Just making sure to cover all the bases.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by mprsev
So again it sounds like the Reus system wins.

Jangy you are right I am going for the oem appearance, but was concerned as I have read that swapping the comand for an Eclipse head unit has improved sound. I am very interested in the sound. Can you post pics of the 2 10" subwoofer enclosure?

Clean tight midbass is often lacking from most car systems, has the Reus system fixed this?

Has anyone got the "super daddy setup" and if so what is the difference?

I am definitely leaning toward the Reus setup as it even seems to be the one aftermarket car audio upgrade that does not further depreciate the car value. Just making sure to cover all the bases.

Sorry bro, I can't post any pics or prices, out of fairness to all. I can tell you that my system is the higger end for the E in terms of all around acoustics. If you want the THUMP, then they have different sub components that do just that. the problem with that (for me) is that you lose the full range and end up with a system that just hits. i don't want it to hit. i want the music. Its all in your taste. I saw the box and took pics of it prior to going in. It was a true work of art in its own right, even though it is to get hidden away.

Again, though if you are picky enough that you are considering changing out headunits (which means major mods or compromises), then you may want to reconsider Reus. They simply are not interested in flash. Even their speakers aren't made to look good. They simply perform. They have a little audio bench test area where they can show the difference between all the brands and NONE sounded as well rounded as the Reus ones, including the JLs (which did HIT, but carried no tune).
Old 04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
I'm jealous....looks like a clean , low key , killer install.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
congratz jangy. finaly someone took care of you the way you wanted. id guess they earned your business for life hu. how many actually went in on the group buy?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
congratz jangy. finaly someone took care of you the way you wanted. id guess they earned your business for life hu. how many actually went in on the group buy?
we are at about 5 now. Maybe more befor ethe buy ends. Yes, i am a lifer on this one. All I need now is a tuner that has a customer service bone in them and I'll be set.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:24 AM

2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
I believe I am sold on Reus and will be sending in my deposit but I am still torn between the 2 10" box enclosure versus the stealth setup that gE63 got, especially since the 63 has the folding rear seat. Any recommendations? How much trunk space does the box setup take?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group Buy on a Reus System?