Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by CLKFREAK
Ted,
If you are gonna pursue this through legal action. I would recommend stop posting what you're finding/thinking. They could be reading this thread. You want to catch them off gaurd.
.................understood. I wanted to provide timely information to the AMG enthusiast community. I was contacted by many individuals from whom Malcolm was soliciting additional business based on my purpoted happiness with the job he did for me. This case a bit different in that it is a case of direct fraud. Things charged for and not done. Pretty black and white. I do get your point though.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 03-12-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I would definitely NOT recommend a personal confrontation at his shop. I've been there and I wouldnt mess with the guys that work in the shop, its not located in the "rich" area of town, if you know what I mean.
Definitely take it to court and get everything you can get out of him. Maybe get his E55 too
Especially if this shop is in Baltimore! Not even cats from NYC go there looking for beef! Especially in someone's own home turf.

Take it to court,let the law deal with this cat and be done with it.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The shop is located in Randallstown, which is definitely not one of the better areas of town. This thread doesn't really surprise me from the word that has been going around this shop for years. I recently was linked to this thread from another local board and it sparked my interest since the owner is a known street racer.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Glad to see word is getting out....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted
sorry to hear, about your ordeal, but I hope you get it resolved.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM

First of all,let me clarify one thing,my car makes over 500rwhp,and680 ft lb tq,all on motor with a K4 set up Corey/kleeman has a copy of my dyno sheet.
This was done in my city,by a Kleeman dealer.(not by Malcolm)
After reading the post that an E55,ran low 11's all motor......it got my intrest.
I got on the web,and ask for a number for HIGH-TECH......Someone posted his number,and i contacted him.He told me what he had done to his car,and i wanted the same thing done to mine.....we agreed on a price to do the NOS system,and the FMIC......I took my car to him,and he delivered as promised;he installed the FMIC and NOS system.
The NOS system and FMIC was professionally installed.......that was one of the best looking NOS installation i have ever seen,it was stealth,you coul not find it if i did not point out its location.......and yes it worked great.
As for the front mount intercooler,it was professionally installed,and look like factory.I was quite happy with the job ,b/c the car ran great,and i had no check engine light.
Being so happy with my car,i bagan to tell everyone how happy i was with the car.So we took him a 2007 new 997 car for him to install NOS.......it was a nightmare.......he said he had worked on a 997 before,but he lied,we happen to own a 996 as well,and the fuel delivery system on both cars are different as night and day.So we took it back to NC,and had it fixed correctly.
After seeing this i felt bad b/c the guy seems to be a real nice guy,and i have spent hours talking to this guy about making my car as fast as his.
Somewhere i decided to re-check my car,i do not have a FMIC like i thought i had,but a larger HEAT EXCHANGER in the opening of the front.
What i can't understand,is why a guy with as much knowledge as he is ****ting people.Anyone who has spoken to him will agree that he talks a good game.
Ted Baldwin and i spoke and i realize,that this guy was just blowing smoke up our azzes,and to add insult to injury,playing with our intelligence.
Now for those of you who think i am related to Malcolm......feel free to think what you want.....you are the type of person who spread popaganda without knowing all the facts.
My car runs great on all motor,due to the K4 PKG,the car is insanely fast on gas,thanks to Malcolm....he did a great job on the installation.
Would i take my car back to HIGH-TECH?Definately not ,he has too much excuses.
I had no idea that this thread was going on,b/c i was in Daytona at bike week,so when i saw the post todday,i respond.
I am sorry about what had happened to Ted,but it was after i spoke with Ted that i realize what was happening.
Anyone with a question,please feel free to e=mail me.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by jamusa
First of all,let me clarify one thing,my car makes over 500rwhp,and680 ft lb tq,all on motor with a K4 set up Corey/kleeman has a copy of my dyno sheet.
This was done in my city,by a Kleeman dealer.(not by Malcolm)
After reading the post that an E55,ran low 11's all motor......it got my intrest.
I got on the web,and ask for a number for HIGH-TECH......Someone posted his number,and i contacted him.He told me what he had done to his car,and i wanted the same thing done to mine.....we agreed on a price to do the NOS system,and the FMIC......I took my car to him,and he delivered as promised;he installed the FMIC and NOS system.
The NOS system and FMIC was professionally installed.......that was one of the best looking NOS installation i have ever seen,it was stealth,you coul not find it if i did not point out its location.......and yes it worked great.
As for the front mount intercooler,it was professionally installed,and look like factory.I was quite happy with the job ,b/c the car ran great,and i had no check engine light.
Being so happy with my car,i bagan to tell everyone how happy i was with the car.So we took him a 2007 new 997 car for him to install NOS.......it was a nightmare.......he said he had worked on a 997 before,but he lied,we happen to own a 996 as well,and the fuel delivery system on both cars are different as night and day.So we took it back to NC,and had it fixed correctly.
After seeing this i felt bad b/c the guy seems to be a real nice guy,and i have spent hours talking to this guy about making my car as fast as his.
Somewhere i decided to re-check my car,i do not have a FMIC like i thought i had,but a larger HEAT EXCHANGER in the opening of the front.
What i can't understand,is why a guy with as much knowledge as he is ****ting people.Anyone who has spoken to him will agree that he talks a good game.
Ted Baldwin and i spoke and i realize,that this guy was just blowing smoke up our azzes,and to add insult to injury,playing with our intelligence.
Now for those of you who think i am related to Malcolm......feel free to think what you want.....you are the type of person who spread popaganda without knowing all the facts.
My car runs great on all motor,due to the K4 PKG,the car is insanely fast on gas,thanks to Malcolm....he did a great job on the installation.
Would i take my car back to HIGH-TECH?Definately not ,he has too much excuses.
I had no idea that this thread was going on,b/c i was in Daytona at bike week,so when i saw the post todday,i respond.
I am sorry about what had happened to Ted,but it was after i spoke with Ted that i realize what was happening.
Anyone with a question,please feel free to e=mail me.
.........I didn't want to speak for you. Now that you have responded to this thread I think I can go ahead and say what I wish to say. I personally think that there are those who have been aware of Malcolm's activities prior to me. You may not be one of those. But in the course of my investigation of my case, it is clear that quite a few people knew that this guy was up to no good. I really think the decision to keep quiet has in part contributed to the addition of more victims for this scam artist to explore. The installation of a nitrous system with the nozzle hidden in the under surface of the Y-splitter of the intake system is not magic and in no way qualifies this idiot as a tuner.
...........What happened to your ECU when Malcolm modified it? Something he had no expertise in doing. Remember that Malcolm's own ECU was modified by Cory at Kleemann. My point is that this Malcolm is dangerous and I don't think that anything should be held back when exposing him. If Malcolm goes out of business, the safer the car enthusiast community will be.

Ted
Old 03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........I didn't want to speak for you. Now that you have responded to this thread I think I can go ahead and say what I wish to say. I personally think that there are those who have been aware of Malcolm's activities prior to me. You may not be one of those. But in the course of my investigation of my case, it is clear that quite a few people knew that this guy was up to no good. I really think the decision to keep quiet has in part contributed to the addition of more victims for this scam artist to explore. The installation of a nitrous system with the nozzle hidden in the under surface of the Y-splitter of the intake system is not magic and in no way qualifies this idiot as a tuner.
...........What happened to your ECU when Malcolm modified it? Something he had no expertise in doing. Remember that Malcolm's own ECU was modified by Cory at Kleemann. My point is that this Malcolm is dangerous and I don't think that anything should be held back when exposing him. If Malcolm goes out of business, the safer the car enthusiast community will be.

Ted
Hmmm..... he just sounds like one of those import "tuners" that can be found in your local, friendly industrial park. Ted, I hope you get him for good.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 PM

First i would like to say that i agree that Malcolm should be exposed for his unhectical practices,and i had no idea whatsoever that he had been pulling these scams.......the work he did for me was top notch,except i found out later that i thought i was getting a FMIC,only to find out that it was a heat exchanger instead.I have no reason to lie for Malcolm,i met him through the internet and thought he was a stand up guy,but after the experience with the 997 and Ted Baldwins car,something did not seem right right,and the stories were not matching up.
I am sincerly sorry about what had happened to Ted,and i hope he gets refunded for the work that was not performed on his car,by Malcolm.
I was one of Malcolm's biggest fan,because after the NOS installallation my car rips,and there was other people who said they saw his car at the track running 11.1 in the 1/4 all motor......i thought that was impressive,so i contacted him and have him do some work for me.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rock
bjudgedby55 = Malcom ........... Jamusa = relative of Malcom...........blackbenzz = 10% kickback from Malcom.

Prove me wrong.
You are an azz if you believe what you are saying.What part of me falling for the scam did you not understand,and that i found out about him on this site?
Did you not read what Ted Baldwin said about me not knowing?
There is no where in my post where i said Malcolm did my k4 installation,only my FMIC and NOS.
Please do not get on the board making accusation,or trying to be funny,because i fail to see the humour in it.This is very serious,b/c i also got a HEAT EXCHANGER,when i thought i was getting a FMIC.....Thus i was also a victim.So before you go running off of the mouth about who is related to who,or who is getting kick back,please think before typing....you could be runing a persons reputation purely on speculation.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Fist off, only the most mentally deficient among us would believe I had any knowledge of some special connection between Malcom, you and the others. My post was so ridiculous that only those that subscribe to STAR magazine would believe those claims.

And for those that do read STAR magazine, I clearly indicated in one of my post that I would, "stop the stupid stuff." So relax Jamusa or.................................. I will have to tell everyone that I am the illegitimate son you had with Anna Nicole Smith.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Jamusa?

What i dont understand is how did you think you were getting a FMIC. The difference between that and a heat exchanger is huge. A FMIC would require a ton of work and a totally different way of removing the heat caused by the charger.

PS i am not trying to start something just trying to understand. Maybe malcom is confused between the 2?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Rock
Fist off, only the most mentally deficient among us would believe I had any knowledge of some special connection between Malcom, you and the others. My post was so ridiculous that only those that subscribe to STAR magazine would believe those claims.

And for those that do read STAR magazine, I clearly indicated in one of my post that I would, "stop the stupid stuff." So relax Jamusa or.................................. I will have to tell everyone that I am the illegitimate son you had with Anna Nicole Smith.
Dannielynn is that you ... I thought you were a girl?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Malcolm tried to sell me the upgraded heat exchanger (which he refers to as an INTERCOOLER ) and the NOS kit when I visited his shop. I knew he was referring to the heat exchanger because he showed it to me. It was way overpriced so I did my own custom heat exchanger. I was worried about running nitrous but he "guaranteed" it wouldnt mess up the engine. I almost bought it. His setup looked very good to me, and was stealth. I was about to do it but then my car got stolen. Guess it was a blessing in disguise
Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 PM

I admit that it was dumb on my part,but i fell for it;thinking that i was getting a FMIC.......and not a HEAT EXCHANGER.
ROCK......I understand where you are coming from,but there are still a few people out there who reads the star magazing and believe it's contents.
Can you guy even understand how it makes me feel giving propst to Malcolm,when i found out later that i had been had.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Blame aside, is there anything the victims are doing to recoup their loses? No details, please as I hope it is legal and not stupid, but I'd hope we don't just sit and moan. Being a victim is one thing, but not defending yourself is another. Rather than questioning the integrity of established members, we should be using this thread as a way to brainsorm ways to help those that got taken!! For my part, I can offer up one of the baddest litigaters in California. PM me for details, although your own attorneys should know where to go. I don't have much else to offer, but wish I did. I hate a scammer!!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
............part of the problem is that this Malcolm guy is a true dead beat. The guy has had about 10 similar lawsuits and is under chapter 7 bankrupcy. But don't you worry, his days of scamming people are going to be over. He made the mistake when he went from scamming to direct fraud.

Ted
Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
............part of the problem is that this Malcolm guy is a true dead beat. The guy has had about 10 similar lawsuits and is under chapter 7 bankrupcy. But don't you worry, his days of scamming people are going to be over. He made the mistake when he went from scamming to direct fraud.

Ted

NICE!! Scamming is a whole nother concept from just ignorant business practices. bankrupcy is to cover for idiots, not thieves. Good luck. Keep the details to a minimum, as you don't want to let that fuuuucck off the hook.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Good...we can send him some vaseline for his vacation.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

Ted
If it was an accident and he did'nt know and did damage then the bankruptcy would protect him. But if it is proven that the fool knew(which he obviously does know) and you can prove that he committed fraudulent acts he's DONE!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Treat the questions as theory, Ted. Don't drop details.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Ted,

You are next on the wait list for the AMG Track Day. Please let me know asap if you are able to attend.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Chappy
Ted,

You are next on the wait list for the AMG Track Day. Please let me know asap if you are able to attend.
...........you have a pm.

Ted
Old 03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
...........you have a pm.

Ted
Got it, thanks.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Any pics of this heat exchanger that he installed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Malcolm