Malcolm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Malcolm

...........there is a guy in Maryland with a rather fast W211 E55 that runs in the 10's. I recently shipped my G55 to him for some mods and I have received a lot of enquiries from W211 e55's owners and I decided to post the info so that people can have it. The questions are as follows? There is still a l

1. Is Malcolm a Kleemann Dealer? No malcolm is not a Kleemann Kleemann dealer. His own E55 was shipped to Colorado for Kleemann K4.

2. Why does he say he is a Kleemann Dealer. I don't know

3. What mods does his car have to run in the 10's on motor alone while no one else can do it? He is running 175 shot of nitrous. Nothing else on the motor except Kleemann K4. The 10sec runs were all on nitrous. He has a stealth nitrous set up

4. What other mechinal mods does malcolm offer? Well it depends how much money you have. I was offered ported heads, underdrive pulleys, ported intake, nitrous kit, etrude hone process, injector upgrade,torque converter.

5. Had he done any of these mods before on an AMG V8K engine? He told me he did so on many AMG's including JAmusa's car and that is why Jamusa's car is so fast. Well, I have been on the phone with Jamusa all week and Malcolm DID NOT do any of the above to Jamusa's. I'll let Jamusa tell you exactly what, if anything Malcolm did for his car. To my suprise, after getting my car back, I learned that mine was the first AMGV8K that malcolm had done this mods to.

6. How is your car? well my car is currently not driveable. I don't know exactly what he did or didn't do. He refuses to tell me.

7. How about the reported 569wheel HP dyno. before I sent my car to Malcolm, I asked him if he had a 4wheel dyno. He said, yes. After my car got there he told me his dyno was broken. He reportedly took my car to another location to dyno it. He refuses to tell me where. The name and/or number of the dyno shop are not listed on the dynograph. My take is that the dynograph is fake.

8. What will you do now. My car is at a local Kleemann dealer being looked at. The engine bay is a mess of wires and tubes. No local shop thinks I had any ported heads done to my car.

9. I am not even trying to figure out what he did wrong. I am at the begining of figuring out what he didn't do so at least I can be refunded. For instance, I have no underdrive pulleys. The pulleys are stock eventhough I was charged for them. No torque converter.........of course you don't need it in a full time 4wheel drive with diff lock. The Water pump he installed in my car as part of a complicated two pump system...........that johnsom pump is a used pump that cam from Jamusa's car when Jamusa had his car in his shop. I'll let Jamusa shed more light if he chooses to. It won't be so bad except that the pump was leaking had to be replaced when I got my car back.

10. He has come on the board under different screen names to praise himself and get additional victims. I am ashamed to say that I fell for it. You don't have to. He is very personable and smooth talking. Here is one of the threads he started to get AMG victims.

https://mbworld.org/forums/g55-amg-w463/177311-g55-runs-e55-11-60-et.html

11. In summary, fellow AMG enthusiasts, there is no magic. There are no E55's running in the 10's on motor alone. No G55's running in the 11's. I have learned my lesson. If you want a nitrous system, call Malcolm. If you want anything else done to your car, stay far far away from Malcolm.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 03-08-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Ted,

I am horrified to read your account above and would like to offer my sympathies.

There are so many like minded "good guys" here on the board, that it is sometimes difficult to discern between them and the "others." I'm sorry that you are on the short end of this one.

Best of luck with the fix.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Wow! This is quite surprising! Guess we'll have to see what Blackbenzz says! I've know Malcolm from back in the day when he used to race his Acura -NSX! It had a ton of mods. What's the word on the Porsche everyone is talking about that he owns? Is that a lie as well? Last time I spoke to him he said that he is a Kleeman dealer! He's also been working on a CLS55 from what I heard!

I hope this stuff is not tru! Damn! That would be a real shame!

Sorry to hear Ted!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-08-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM

S211 AMG
NO WAY, I can't believe what I've read!

I'm so gutted for you Ted. I hope you can get you car back together again and recover the dollars. It's a shame that people like this exsist on this planet because they have no concern at all about repercussions of their actions.
I also hope nobody else here has been taken for a ride because it all looked legit, numbers and all.

Best of luck
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Thats not good at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
sounds like another hennasey guy. sorry for your troubles what a ***'ing jacka$$ that guy is.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Sorry to hear about your problems, Ted. As far as the dyno, I know that Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg, MD has an AWD dyno. You could contact them and see if your G was dyno'd there.

I hope you get your money back for the mods and get reimbursed for the money you spend to get your G back to the condition it was before he touched it.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Man I am sorry to hear this. If you all recall I got scammed by "Stephens" from Austrialia back in summer 2003. I ended up getting my 5k back for his "540rwhp" kit.

I called Malcolm and spoke with him about 3 months ago. He was very smooth talking and pumped up his IC system. Told me supply was low, demand high, and that he could fit me in if I bought his $3K FMIC installed and asked for my credit card. LOL. I then got like 10 calls from a lady there asking for my credit card, hard sell man. I was really taken back. I didn't know him from jack, no dyno charts, no nothing.

NO THANKS.

I hope things work out. I know as I have been there and its nothing but UNWANTED STRESS.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM

07 S65
Man!!!! Sorry to hear about your troubles Ted. I can't figure out why Jamusa gave him such high praises. I posted up his thread below where he was talking about the mods that Malcolm did to his car. He goes on to talk about how much faster his car is and how it's just a fast as Malcolm's? He also tells in the thread how he has 4 other E55's in his shop while Jamusa's car was being modified. Based off of his reveiw you wouldn't think Malsolm would scam any of us. This just doesn't make a lot of sense? I guess you never can tell.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=JAmusa

Last edited by DJE55; 03-08-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
damn ted, i'm sorry to hear all this.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Ted, sorry to hear about all this and thanks for being man enough to post your experience. You have done a good deed by preventing someone else from following in your footsteps.

I wish you the best of luck in recovering your money. Hopefully you used an AMEX.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 PM

Hmmm wow. I am sorry Ted. I still dont want to think its all true until we hear from Jamusa. I would love to hear his side too.

But I did call this guy out quite awhile back. Just doesnt make any sense to praise this and that and show no proof. Pics, dynos, etc.

The whole 11. sec crap on the Gtech was real nice too.

As soon as I called this guy out who posted as several different people got mad and started insulting but never once showed any proof at all

Hope it all gets worked out for you Ted
Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat
Originally Posted by rflow306
Ted, sorry to hear about all this and thanks for being man enough to post your experience. You have done a good deed by preventing someone else from following in your footsteps.

I wish you the best of luck in recovering your money. Hopefully you used an AMEX.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Wow Ted. You were the last member on this board that I would have ever imagined this happening to. You were always a voice that discredited the bogus claims of most tuners. What the hell happened???????

I find it hard to believe that you never spoke to Brandon or Cory about this guy before you sent your car to him. I assume that you have continued to maintain a relationship with them................?

What can I say..............I truly feel bad for your misfortune and can only hope that your issues are soon resolved.

Best of luck.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Man OH Man... that sucks. I too am very sorry to hear this... F Malcom.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Why don't you guys post the address and phone number to this POS lowlife ? Hey Malcom...you suck. Thieving *******.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Ted, sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope you'll be able to pursue the cost of the mods plus fixing your car from this Malcolm guy.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
That sucks. I hope you get your car fixed and restored to it's original condition. So far, only Blackbenzz has had any first hand contact with Malcolm. Malcolm deserves a whipping
Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by vader
Why don't you guys post the address and phone number to this POS lowlife ? Hey Malcom...you suck. Thieving *******.
And post pics of his E55 with the stealth NOS. I'm sure the NOS makes a good accelerant if something were to detonate.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Sorry to hear about this Ted.
It does explain why Malcolm never disavowed himself of the loser, troll Bmoreamg - who at this moment is on the board.

Bmore, aren't you embarrassed to look in the mirror?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by DJE55
Man!!!! Sorry to hear about your troubles Ted. I can't figure out why Jamusa gave him such high praises. I posted up his thread below where he was talking about the mods that Malcolm did to his car. He goes on to talk about how much faster his car is and how it's just a fast as Malcolm's? He also tells in the thread how he has 4 other E55's in his shop while Jamusa's car was being modified. Based off of his reveiw you wouldn't think Malsolm would scam any of us. This just doesn't make a lot of sense? I guess you never can tell.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=JAmusa
...........that was the exact thread that reeled me in. I have been talking to Jamusa on the phone since this happened. My understanding is that Jamusa did not know that Malcolm was lying to me. Malcolm's expertise is limited to the installation of a stealth nitrous system and claiming that the car is running on motor only. This is what blackbenz and others saw when they saw Malcolm's car run at MIR. This is also what he did for Jamusa. Jamusa and Malcolm had discussed posibly doing ported heads, which Malcolm had never done before. They had a wrecked engine they were to use as an experiment. When I spoke with Malcolm he talked about having done the ported heads in MANY E55's. Malcolm basically used the nitrous system to sell himself as a full fleged Mercedes benz tuner, including claiming that he is a Kleemann dealer. Jamusa was apparently unaware of this. He feels badly for being used. I have no beef with Jamusa.

..............There is a whole story about the porsche's. I have talked to guy on the phone who Malcolm destroyed his 997.

Ted
Old 03-09-2007, 03:17 AM

Mercedes-Benz
damn, I am at a loss for words... this is just awful to hear
Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Ted
really sorry to see whats happened to you - I have watched your projects over the years with great interest. At one of my recent track races with Panoz I met a guy from MD who knows of Malcolm, and while he didnt come out and exactly say it, I felt he was warning me that all might not be kosher.

A lesson for all of us - got to see the dyno's and got to speak to several of the customers PRIOR to getting sucked in to someones BS.

Its just so easy to get sprinkled with BS magic dust - we all want that superfast sleeper car and when we hear someone can make it haaauuullll - well we all go gaga. I remember the initial excitement when the posts about Malcolm started - damn we were all hooked!

Glad that some ran the BS flag up the pole early! Thats why I love this forum - you guys have got my back - thanks to all and once again Ted - really sory about your disaster - if I was in your shoes I know what I would do but then they would have to lock me up for a long time!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Ted, I don't know you but we pm about your ASP pulley. It sucks that a good person would get f***ed liked that. What is game plan about getting your money back. Also what is the dealer saying about the G? Someone should sticky this once we get more info on this guy.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
All of this guys information should be posted on every single board we all belong to. Address, E-mail, phone number and name. Maybe someone else can be saved from this smalltime punk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Malcolm